Mini MMM Guide!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Odin » Mini MMM Guide!
Mini MMM Guide!
By Katoke 2010-05-01 21:39:12  
Lately, been a bunch of fail on Odin with MMM parties. Let me just help you guys out here a little bit of information (Mostly applies to level sync 37-52).

Healing:
SCH RDM or WHM all work perfectly fine for the maze filling the healing job role.

Support:
COR - Preferred, since it gives Corsair's Roll, which will increase amount of xp in the end chest.
BRD - Not a corsair, but will speed things up and generally help keep things flowing.

Damage:
WAR DRG SAM RNG

You shouldn't really be using anything else in MMM for damage, nor should you EVER have a combination of RDM and a WHM , this isn't a tank party, this is a quick paced instanced camp in which you need to maximize damage output/time.

Going to fill you all in on a little easter egg I've stumbled upon as well. The Polearm weaponskill LEG SWEEP stun lasts anywhere from 2-15 seconds on most mobs. Locking a mob for that long only minimizes mp use and increases DOT. Leg Sweep is probably one of the best polearm weaponskills to use for any job in MMM that can use it until Penta Thrust. It does equal to Double Thrust with it's stun length, so no one is wasting 4 seconds recasting shadows.

tldr; Leg Sweep is broken in MMM, don't use anything but jobs listed above, you don't need a first voke, always sub NIN.

Thank you.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 21:41:14  
Cor if you have a perfect party setup

Brd if you don't.

Brd/cor if you want to go old school.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-05-01 21:52:41  
So... you're only allowed to do MMM if you're exping one of those 9 jobs? <_<

The whole reason people do MMM is to level their low jobs (to 49 mostly). There are a lot more jobs that people will need to level to 49 for SJ's, and even if you don't have the best party set-up, MMM is still one of the easiest and fastest ways of doing that.

So my advice is to either only go with your friends and set-up the perfect party, or deal with having one or two members that aren't "perfect".
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 21:55:49  
Odin.Blazza said:

The whole reason people do MMM is to level their low jobs (to 49 mostly). There are a lot more jobs that people will need to level to 49 for SJ's, and even if you don't have the best party set-up, MMM is still one of the easiest and fastest ways of doing that.

So my advice is to either only go with your friends and set-up the perfect party, or deal with having one or two members that aren't "perfect".

Agree completely, I use everything in the MMM parties I make, it's horrible for WHM's though, but if they're up for it more power to them.
By Katoke 2010-05-01 22:15:17  
Odin.Blazza said:

What I'm trying to say is I've seen a significant amount of fail on Odin ... You should never admittedly lose an MMM run due to not being able to killl the first floor of mobs. And yes, those 9 jobs are fairly common and can be interchanged for other jobs, sure, but the maze is designed predominantly for weak to piercing mobs, so don't get why you'd bring other jobs there. Just tired of getting shitty invited ... WHM RDM DNC .. Oh cool, we can heal the mobs to death.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 22:17:21  
I've seen MNK's do incredible there.

DNC's can do really well too.

People would bring other jobs there because it's not standard exp, and the game revolves around *GASP* fun.

If your picky @ MMM then really just quit.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-05-01 22:18:30  
lol, ok, not being able to kill even the first floor is definitely fail. So I see what you're saying, but yeah, swapping out 1 or 2 of the jobs is fine (depending what you swap them for of course), but you still need to have a pretty strong attack party.
By Katoke 2010-05-01 22:20:45  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

People would bring other jobs there because it's not standard exp, and the game revolves around *GASP* fun.

Mm, not turning this into a flame thread, but the game is designed around fun, but people should know what they're doing and be more informed, hence the meaning behind this post. Also, surprised none of you commented on the leg sweep stun duration yet.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 22:21:40  
I've done it Mnk, sam, drk, brd(/cor), pld, sch

before to great effect.

the DD jobs really don't need to be only the ones specified, all DD do pretty good there.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 22:22:45  
Katoke said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Mm, not turning this into a flame thread, but the game is designed around fun, but people should know what they're doing and be more informed, hence the meaning behind this post. Also, surprised none of you commented on the leg sweep stun duration yet.

This isn't about informing people though, it's about being elitist and favouring certain DD. Optimal? yes, Necessary? no.
By Katoke 2010-05-01 22:24:44  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Katoke said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

This isn't about informing people though, it's about being elitist and favouring certain DD. Optimal? yes, Necessary? no.

How is it being elitist because I want other people to succeed (and efficiently) at MMM? You're missing the point and taking this completely out of context. This is the ideal/perfect MMM set up and those 9 jobs are readily available and often seeking. With the exception to BRD or COR perhaps.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 22:27:10  
Katoke said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Katoke said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

How is it being elitist because I want other people to succeed (and efficiently) at MMM? You're missing the point and taking this completely out of context. This is the ideal/perfect MMM set up and those 9 jobs are readily available and often seeking. With the exception to BRD or COR perhaps.

Other DD are also readily seeking, often when the others are not.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-05-01 23:29:45  
My group of friends just did it astral burn style. 1 smn, 1 outside tank, any 4 other jobs.

We all had smn leveled so we would switch of doing astral flows. Was great exp.
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-05-01 23:43:27  
Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
My group of friends just did it astral burn style. 1 smn, 1 outside tank, any 4 other jobs.

Yeah, Tira is the one who started the whole thing; he's pretty pro at it. He gets us EXP and doesn't afraid of anything.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-01 23:52:57  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
My group of friends just did it astral burn style. 1 smn, 1 outside tank, any 4 other jobs. We all had smn leveled so we would switch of doing astral flows. Was great exp.
Yeah, Tira is the one who started the whole thing; he's pretty pro at it. He gets us EXP and doesn't afraid of anything.
Sounds interesting. Like what lvls. And how exactly you do it? Ie setup lvls etc. Think blm aga burn might work? Does the outside tank get much of anything. OH yeah do xp rings work?
 Fairy.Specopsz
サーバ: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-05-01 23:55:48  
I'm still fairly new to MMM.
Haven't gotten in to it even when it did release.
But I think if all the DD's go /NIN, it helps the mage on MP?
Am I helping any haha?
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-05-02 00:00:05  
BLU/THF is actually decent in MMM as well if you have RDM for refresh. Plus, having some stuns and sleeps can come in handy.

/tosses in 2 gil
By Katoke 2010-05-02 00:00:59  
Ragnarok.Anye said:

Lol so its like an instanced version of Korrokola? Do explain.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-05-02 00:50:10  
All credit for the instanced astral burn goes to Tira. He had access to a pretty sweet pld named Erikthecleric, but you can do this with a rdm, blm, whm anyone that can put up SS and phalanx.

You kick the tank out of the party when you get in, and they go around /sitting in front of mobs to aggro them.

At the very end you bunch all the mobs together. The exp party level syncs to the lowest member puts up cor roll for exp bonus pops rings if you have them and the smn astral flows the group. Sometimes you'll have a few mobs left over at low health which shouldn't be a problem for the exp party to kill.

The downside is the tank doesn't get any exp :/

Works great at getting people their sub jobs lvl'd. We tried to get people at around lvl 10-40 because the mobs depend on the lowest level that enters. If we had to use a mage instead of Erik's pld we would try to go for a lower level sync.

I don't think blm burn is very viable with this setup. The power of astral flow is that it isn't diminished when used on a lot of mobs. Blm ga nukes are.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-02 01:02:46  
Blm nukes aren't as badly dimished as you think. It caps at 10+ mobs to being .4 normal dmg. Though seeing as agas are always more powerful then the single target (often the single target a tier higher) to begin with dmg still decent.

And if you were getting by with only 1 smn don't see why 2-4 blms couldn't fill in as good. Other than it makes it harder to lvl up other jobs and gear mattering and stuff. Though it could take away the need for a tank
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-05-05 02:12:08  
All credit for the instanced astral burn goes to Tira. He had access to a pretty sweet pld named Erikthecleric, but you can do this with a rdm, blm, whm anyone that can put up SS and phalanx.
He uses my sweet PLD, too. :|
 Odin.Kalico
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-05-05 12:02:07  
Whats the maze set up for maximum xp per trade?
By Odin.Joeofalltrades 2010-05-05 12:49:41  
Set these fools straight Katoke. Tell em whats good.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-05-05 12:55:58  
We use Maze Voucher 01 and do Sanitation Team Alpha (Slay all enemies within the maze). It really doesn't matter which rune you use, if at all, as long as your tank is able to aggro all of the mobs in the maze. It's actually quite difficult, doing it the first several times, which is why Blind and I give Tira major props--the mobs aggro by /sitting or /healing, but you have to keep in mind whether they aggro by sight or sound, and sit/heal accordingly.

As for getting "maximum EXP" just make sure you've aggro'd the ENTIRETY of the mobs in the maze, and annihilate the entire mob using SMN's Astral Flow (ideally, Shiva's Diamond Dust), all within the given time limit. You obtain EXP not only from Astral Flowing the monsters (~100-150 exp per kill), but if/when all the monsters are eliminated, the Hoardbox that appears at the end contains a certain amount of EXP based on the amount of EXP from the monsters you kill.

And yes, it's ideal to use your EXP ring right before the SMN uses Astral Flow, as this increases the amount of EXP gained from the monsters, and consequently the Hoardbox.
By Katoke 2010-05-14 21:27:13  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
We use Maze Voucher 01 and do Sanitation Team Alpha (Slay all enemies within the maze). It really doesn't matter which rune you use, if at all, as long as your tank is able to aggro all of the mobs in the maze. It's actually quite difficult, doing it the first several times, which is why Blind and I give Tira major props--the mobs aggro by /sitting or /healing, but you have to keep in mind whether they aggro by sight or sound, and sit/heal accordingly.

As for getting "maximum EXP" just make sure you've aggro'd the ENTIRETY of the mobs in the maze, and annihilate the entire mob using SMN's Astral Flow (ideally, Shiva's Diamond Dust), all within the given time limit. You obtain EXP not only from Astral Flowing the monsters (~100-150 exp per kill), but if/when all the monsters are eliminated, the Hoardbox that appears at the end contains a certain amount of EXP based on the amount of EXP from the monsters you kill.

And yes, it's ideal to use your EXP ring right before the SMN uses Astral Flow, as this increases the amount of EXP gained from the monsters, and consequently the Hoardbox.

Some questions regarding this:

Does it take a party of 5 SMN's to achieve this or can there be a leech?

What level sync(s) does this work best at?

and lastly, puller needs Phal/SS ? Or can be PLD ? Or either?
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-05-21 01:10:05  
Sorry it took me a while to respond; I had this typed up while my internet decided to take a crap on me, just remembered to post:
Katoke said:
Does it take a party of 5 SMN's to achieve this or can there be a leech?
Technically, it takes a party of people who have SMN leveled past 10 (the lowest level you can sync down to) and have the ability to summon Shiva to be fair. However, during each 30-minute run, only one person needs to have SMN out, another must be a tank/puller with some sort of damage mitigation (SS/Phalanx/Cocoon/etc), and the other 4 are the leeches. You then rotate the 2 jobs (SMN and tank/puller) around for as many people in your party.

Basically, if someone in your pt doesn't have SMN leveled with Shiva, then they'll only be a leech, and you'll have one less run: the most runs you can have is equivalent to the number of SMNs you have.

Katoke said:
What level sync(s) does this work best at?
Basically, RIGHT before your SMN Astral Flows, your leader syncs down to the lowest job in your party, and the EXP you receive per mob is equivalent to the EXP you'd receive from an EP monster at that level. You can use your EXP ring (woooo Anni Ring, gogo :D), as well as have someone /COR use Corsair's Roll for even more EXP. So the lowest level you can bring into MMM would be 10, the lowest level syncable.

Katoke said:
puller needs Phal/SS ? Or can be PLD ? Or either?
Ideally, PLD/RDM. Your tank/puller probably won't die from all the mobs, but it would be extremely annoying to have to cure him/herself every so often, what with the huge amount of mobs he/she's aggro'd.
 Shiva.Lorielain
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-05-21 01:19:56  
Oh, hey, MNK main here.
Don't mind me, just outparsing SAM/WAR as MNK/NIN with Birdbanes.
Caio.
By Alaik 2010-05-21 03:49:38  
You could just ask people about their gear before you invite them. If they say they TP in STR rings because there's nothing better, don't invite them. Simple and then you're not getting bitched at for inviting certain jobs.

Also, man it's a sad day for THF when DNC gets mentioned more in a Rushiferu discussion than it does... :\