フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » VNM T2 yacumama
VNM T2 yacumama
 Asura.Echandra
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2010-05-04 19:31:34  

hi folks.

Just wondering how frequently people attempt this and what times your LS/group/etc go? Right now I'm currently doing Trial 518 for Ultimatum and I have to kill this stupid thing 6 times. Since I am stuck being dark to complete the trial, it limits my normal options, aka just tank it and locate the respective support. I was hoping I could team up with some groups to quickly finish this trial.

And no, I do not want to just afk and leech the kill like some of these trial folks are apt to do. I pull my weight like I normally do, and if this requires some form of compensation I'm open to discussion. If anything, I already have a level 2 abyssite, and if it upgrades to a blue abyssite for Krabkatoa pops, then folks are welcome to have at it.

thanks for your time!
-Echi
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-05-05 19:19:15  
Working on gun for Cor, I'm interested in going along for this. My LS does VNM, but most people are after Xarc pops (Nails and Ring get all the love) so my progress is horribly slow.

Like Echandra, I'm not looking to leech, and my Cor is pretty well geared for assisting in the fights.
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-05-21 04:17:29  
hit me up if you need a 2nd tank..

wish i could say i could solo tank it but HF hurts my poor elvaan ***
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-05-21 04:19:09  
Yacumama is very easily soloable. I personally soloed it 6 times on drk, and im assuming cor would be just as easy, though i never tried. You have to pin it with a fence in east ron (S)

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90729&page=37 bout halfway down the page by Kaeko. Take like 5 powder boots and flee it to the fence. go DRK/SCH, bio and drains.
[+]
 Asura.Rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-05-21 05:15:12  
so do u literally move backwards and forwards between the "nuke" spot and the "rebuff" spot then? this causes the VNM to run around like a complete turd?

i ask because ill be trying this bad boy sch/rdm using desert boots to flee. if all i have to do is move back and forth a couple of spots ill use the helix method.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-05-21 06:27:27  
the fence makes an L kinda, where the fence curves is where you stand. if you stand touching the fence, he thinks your in front, if you move a few steps back he thinks your behind it, so you just take steps to and away from the fence and he runs around
 Ragnarok.Holyman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2010-05-21 06:29:10  
Asura.Rinkydink said:
so do u literally move backwards and forwards between the "nuke" spot and the "rebuff" spot then? this causes the VNM to run around like a complete turd? i ask because ill be trying this bad boy sch/rdm using desert boots to flee. if all i have to do is move back and forth a couple of spots ill use the helix method.
Aye , basically u just move back & forth between those 2 spots , VNM will get confused how to get to you & usually try to reach you using long HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE pathing by moving back to the other spot he will try to get back to you from another long HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE pathing , easily buy you time to land helix , Alacrity/Parsimony T4 nuke , It's fast with SCH/RDM u just need a way to replinsh your mp other than sublimation only if u want to do it even faster .
G'luck
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-21 07:02:53  
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Yacumama is very easily soloable. I personally soloed it 6 times on drk, and im assuming cor would be just as easy, though i never tried. You have to pin it with a fence in east ron (S)

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90729&page=37 bout halfway down the page by Kaeko. Take like 5 powder boots and flee it to the fence. go DRK/SCH, bio and drains.

Just a warning about using this strategy. Fellow Linkshell mate was Jailed for "Exploiting Pathfinding errors". So watch yourself.

He wasn't "Jailed" really, but sent to Mordion Gaol and issued a "Caution" (Not even a warning) by an SGM. I don't know what a Caution means, but I have a feeling we are going to see a "Draw in" Patch for TII and TIII VNMs. This was hours after he actually finished killing the NM "Feurneke"<Sp?>

But yes, t he tactic works very well, it's not "Pinning" It's just exploiting the terrible pathfinding of the monster. If you stand still, through R0 or not paying attention, it will track and kill you without any trouble.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-05-21 07:06:33  
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
the fence makes an L kinda, where the fence curves is where you stand. if you stand touching the fence, he thinks your in front, if you move a few steps back he thinks your behind it, so you just take steps to and away from the fence and he runs around

Ironically I ran into a RDM that was soloing this VNM using this method, I can vouch by just watching him how effective it is.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-05-21 07:11:15  
Asura.Echandra said:
hi folks.

Just wondering how frequently people attempt this and what times your LS/group/etc go? Right now I'm currently doing Trial 518 for Ultimatum and I have to kill this stupid thing 6 times. Since I am stuck being dark to complete the trial, it limits my normal options, aka just tank it and locate the respective support. I was hoping I could team up with some groups to quickly finish this trial.

And no, I do not want to just afk and leech the kill like some of these trial folks are apt to do. I pull my weight like I normally do, and if this requires some form of compensation I'm open to discussion. If anything, I already have a level 2 abyssite, and if it upgrades to a blue abyssite for Krabkatoa pops, then folks are welcome to have at it.

thanks for your time!
-Echi
My shell did this with 4, though 3 would've been just as easy. Even two could do it no problem.

Setup was PLD, WHM, MNK, COR. The COR was the one needing the kills.

The only thing special is you make sure not to hit a 20% mark (80,60,40,etc.) unless the PLD has sentinel up.

When we did this, the MNK had her back turned for 90% of the fight because of how quick it was going down. The PLD would often almost get to the next 10% mark on his own.

tl;dr Find a PLD and WHM to trio it with. Have PLD use sentinel to counter the move at every 20%. Enjoy.

Edit: Correcting 10% to 20%. I forgot what the interval was.

Edit2: If you look at the discussion page, Valienta (Valient) is the COR I did it with. I didn't realize he had posted the strat on there, lol. (Yes, that one used a SAM. Wasn't the same one I helped with.)
 Asura.Rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-05-21 07:51:30  
i just wanna get home and exploit this now!! haha.. im sure i can keep sch hate fairly easily so ill try bringing my brd g/f with me! haha just to make it that little bit easier.

go go power fence!
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-05-21 07:53:56  
Asura.Rinkydink said:
i just wanna get home and exploit this now!! haha.. im sure i can keep sch hate fairly easily so ill try bringing my brd g/f with me! haha just to make it that little bit easier.

go go power fence!
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-21 07:59:43  
Asura.Rinkydink said:

go go power fence!

There's usually a line.
 Asura.Rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-05-21 08:11:23  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Asura.Rinkydink said:
i just wanna get home and exploit this now!! haha.. im sure i can keep sch hate fairly easily so ill try bringing my brd g/f with me! haha just to make it that little bit easier. go go power fence!
lol hey i need my colourful abyssite as much as the next guy. not caring about drops.. well not yet of course