How Much Does It Cost You To Merit?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » How much does it cost you to merit?
How much does it cost you to merit?
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-05 13:17:40  
You guys are only looking at the negative side of meritting.

Consider this, if you will. 1 Imperial Standing is worth 10 gil. You get one Imperial Standing for every 10 exp you make. Do the (Fairly easy) math, and that means for every 1 exp you make, you also make 1 gil. A 30k-per-hour merit party makes you 30k gil, and you would have to burn through 6-10 stacks of Meat Mithkabobs per HOUR to break even, not even taking into accout that Colibri Beaks are 250 gil, Feathers are 150 gil, and crystals are 15 gil each.

All-in-all, unless you use like Red Curry or something to merit, you're actually making a profit, no matter how much food you use.
[+]
 Sylph.Ashaaman
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-05-05 13:26:38  
Siren.Enternius said:

Consider this, if you will. 1 Imperial Standing is worth 10 gil. You get one Imperial Standing for every 10 exp you make. Do the (Fairly easy) math, and that means for every 1 exp you make, you also make 1 gil. A 30k-per-hour merit party makes you 30k gil, and you would have to burn through 6-10 stacks of Meat Mithkabobs per HOUR to break even, not even taking into accout that Colibri Beaks are 250 gil, Feathers are 150 gil, and crystals are 15 gil each.

All-in-all, unless you use like Red Curry or something to merit, you're actually making a profit, no matter how much food you use.

I'm confused w/ your 1 IS = 10 gil.... 30k exp = 30k gil principle... 30k exp = 3k IS.... Enough IS to do a ISNM which has a likelihood of dropping K.Ore, or if it doesn't, 12k from 6 runs, plus 10-20k in random bs drops. Much better IS:Gil ratio.

Just my two cents.
 Diabolos.Rydiya
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Rydiya
By Diabolos.Rydiya 2010-05-05 13:27:45  
Asura.Calatilla said:
I always hear of people complaining about Colibri stealing their food during exp/merit pt but it doesnt stop them using it, so my question is

How much does it cost you in food to merit (you personally, not in general). Asking out of curiosity more than anything
3k. WHM. Marron Glace. :3 Yum.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-05 13:29:58  
Sylph.Ashaaman said:
Siren.Enternius said:

I'm confused w/ your 1 IS = 10 gil.... 30k exp = 30k gil principle... 30k exp = 3k IS.... Enough IS to do a ISNM which has a likelihood of dropping K.Ore, or if it doesn't, 12k from 6 runs, plus 10-20k in random bs drops. Much better IS:Gil ratio.

Just my two cents.
A fair logic. But I like to go with a worst-case-scenario outlook. I don't say "You can potentially make over 1M from Royale Ramble". I say "You make at least 300k". Because it's guaranteed profit so you can't be let down.
[+]
 Sylph.Ashaaman
user: Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-05-05 13:33:33  
Siren.Enternius said:
Sylph.Ashaaman said:
Siren.Enternius said:

Just my two cents.
A fair logic. But I like to go with a worst-case-scenario outlook. I don't say "You can potentially make over 1M from Royale Ramble". I say "You make at least 300k". Because it's guaranteed profit so you can't be let down.

Well, it's basically risking what... At complete worst case scenario, 18k(12k is guaranteed as long as you win 6 rounds) on the chance to make over 400k? Personally, risking 18k(Which isn't even plausible because you can npc everything and make atleast 5-8k) to make a possible 400k+... Is a decent investment.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-05-05 13:35:07  
I never said it was a negative it's more like a cost of doing business..a cost that I am more than happy to pay.

Ex: I love to drink my Cokes every morning but I would not wanna see how at the end of the year how much I spent on said Cokes.
 Siren.Monet
user: leiht
By Siren.Monet 2010-05-05 13:37:25  
You guys should consider meriting with a whm. Auspice makes a world of difference; sometimes birds never get a tp move in depending on the party, as well as reduces the amount of curing needed. Just saying.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-05-05 14:20:39  
25-50k depending on length of the merit and how gimp the other DD are. Usually eat about 3 stacks of Yellow Curry Buns on DRG.
 Ifrit.Itazura
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-05-05 14:39:30  
RDM: Imperial Coffee (450 gil) if I remember, Ginger Cookie (11g each from NPC?) if I don't. But, my RDM is retired from meriting.

SCH: Same as RDM, I guess, except Cream Puff (7k/stack) if I'm soloing/nuking and if I remember I'm nuking. Not that I ever put up the seek flag on SCH.

SAM: Crab Sushi (4 stacks; ~5.5k/stack) for the Greater Colibri camp, Marinara Pizza (2.5k~4k) for the Jade Sepulcher camp with Yellow Curry Bun (1 stack; 10~13k) for backup. Theoretically, that is--can't seem get invites on SAM.

PLD: lol? I suppose it would be the same food as SAM except substitute Sole Sushi (~25k/stack) for Yellow Curry Bun, but that's a completely hypothetical conjuncture.

BRD: Tavnazian Taco (~18k/stack, but usually only need 2 or 3 thanks to Sanction.)

Note: Except for the Crab Sushi and the Imperial Coffee, I normally have all the food I've listed in the inventory or the Mog Satchel. (I also carry Dorado Sushi and Pescatora.)

Sylph.Kozuki
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-05-05 14:49:06  
Less than 2k gil on any of my jobs. You end up making gil npcing colibri parts, -1 weapons, wind crystals(AH) wivre parts(AH), ISP for ISNM etc. Meriting is gil + merits!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-05 14:51:22  
Ifrit.Itazura said:
RDM: Imperial Coffee (450 gil) if I remember, Ginger Cookie (11g each from NPC?) if I don't. But, my RDM is retired from meriting.

SCH: Same as RDM, I guess, except Cream Puff (7k/stack) if I'm soloing/nuking and if I remember I'm nuking. Not that I ever put up the seek flag on SCH.

SAM: Crab Sushi (4 stacks; ~5.5k/stack) for the Greater Colibri camp, Marinara Pizza (2.5k~4k) for the Jade Sepulcher camp with Yellow Curry Bun (1 stack; 10~13k) for backup. Theoretically, that is--can't seem get invites on SAM.

PLD: lol? I suppose it would be the same food as SAM except substitute Sole Sushi (~25k/stack) for Yellow Curry Bun, but that's a completely hypothetical conjuncture.

BRD: Tavnazian Taco (~18k/stack, but usually only need 2 or 3 thanks to Sanction.)

Note: Except for the Crab Sushi and the Imperial Coffee, I normally have all the food I've listed in the inventory or the Mog Satchel. (I also carry Dorado Sushi and Pescatora.)

Why do you bother with Tacos on brd? Don't you find it kind of wasted?
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-05 14:53:49  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Itazura said:

Why do you bother with Tacos on brd? Don't you find it kind of wasted?
Food never gets eaten on BRD regardless, but there's not much else that you can use that actually gives CHR.
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-05 15:00:59  
Ifrit.Itazura said:

I am not surprised you retired it if you need hMP food.
[+]
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-05-05 15:03:47  
Tacos are the best brd food!

Chai is good too, like 53 gil from NPC but doesn't give def and less chr and no hp/mp/hmp etc.
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-05-05 15:05:53  
Valefor.Argettio said:
Ifrit.Itazura said:

That's pointless to say, some people like /healing every chance they get.
[+]
 Cerberus.Janay
サーバ: Cerberus
user: janay
By Cerberus.Janay 2010-05-05 15:14:46  
Well, I dominantly merit as COR. There are a lot of times where I'm pulling, or assisting the BRD with pulling. If there's CORx2 in the party, I'm made puller for some odd reason.

When I'm not pulling, I shoot for TP since I don't like the /RNG thing, and I don't have a Joyeuse.

So, sometimes, I would go through a Bullet Pouch x12 when I'm pulling, and a Steel Bullet Pouch x12 when I'm attacking.

Then, there's my Light Cards when I'm pulling, and/or there's a link. Not to mention the Subs that get taken when I Slug Shot ahead of time.

I don't complain, though, because I CHOOSE to merit as COR, and I love the job as well as love to merit. So, I have never done the math lol...
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-05 15:20:03  
Sylph.Kozuki said:
Valefor.Argettio said:
Ifrit.Itazura said:

Maybe for a tic or 2 every so often, but certainly not worth eating food for.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-05 15:25:33  
Valefor.Argettio said:
Sylph.Kozuki said:
Valefor.Argettio said:
Ifrit.Itazura said:

Maybe for a tic or 2 every so often, but certainly not worth eating food for.

I actually eat Wizard cookies when I merit on RDM, out of habit:P
Not like it´s really needed, but it´s an extra cure2 from 4 tics! And sometimes that might be needed, depending on the DDs!
 Caitsith.Reelu
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Reelu
By Caitsith.Reelu 2010-05-05 15:26:29  
BRD:
Flint Caviar(9k a stack)
Tuna Sushi(12k a stack)
Tavnazian Taco(22k a stack)
Ambrosia(3k for cursed soup)
I carry bout a stack of each sometimes and one ambrosia.

RDM:
Ginger Cookies(3k a stack) have like 2stacks of these

DNC:
Sole Sushi(23k a stack)

THF:
Sole Sushi(23k a stack)
Meat Mithkabob(4.5k a stack)

I merit mostly on brd as puller.
 Bismarck.Rellz
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-05-05 16:14:05  
When i merit i use mithkabobs that i make myself from mats that i farmed. so generally it costs me nothing. :) only thing that really costs me meriting is the angons i buy from npc.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-05 16:16:54  
I just don't see the point in eating food on brd, The addes chr is nice I guess, but the amount of resists I get are so low It seems pointless.

Added the fact that most brds have sets that have 120 (capped) chr, eating taco's becomes kind of useless.

I guess for the def, but... Seems like a waste of food to me.
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-05-05 16:47:32  
For my Kraken club Ranger I buy about 6 stacks of Bream Sushi(10k each), and a few stacks of Silver Bullets(10k each), and two or three stacks of Shihei(4k each).

I could probably go a lot cheaper with just Crab sushi, I just figure might as well go all out if I can.
 Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone 2010-05-05 19:38:19  
I just bought a Hi-Ether tank the other day for 16k. I used 2 of the Hi-Ethers per burn. When I go as RDM in a Colibri party, I don't end up using food (about three to four times I've merited in the traditional sense).
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-05-05 20:01:43  
Siren.Monet said:
You guys should consider meriting with a whm. Auspice makes a world of difference; sometimes birds never get a tp move in depending on the party, as well as reduces the amount of curing needed. Just saying.

i prefer whm over rdm for my merit parties, mostly for esuna when chaining wyvers. attk down blows. :|
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-05-05 20:16:10  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I just don't see the point in eating food on brd, The addes chr is nice I guess, but the amount of resists I get are so low It seems pointless.

Added the fact that most brds have sets that have 120 (capped) chr, eating taco's becomes kind of useless.

It really is, i've merited quite a bit on BRD and i've never had a single resist.

I have however been a goober and used the AoE lullaby once or twice :D.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-05-05 20:30:11  
Doesn't cost me anything I can't easily get back.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-05 20:32:51  
Pandemonium.Kajidourden said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

It really is, i've merited quite a bit on BRD and i've never had a single resist.

I have however been a goober and used the AoE lullaby once or twice :D.

I did on my first merit pt lol, I royally screwed us over D:
 Ifrit.Itazura
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-05-06 10:02:04  
Pandemonium.Kajidourden said:
i've merited quite a bit on BRD and i've never had a single resist.
I usually parse between 93% to 97% landing rate for Foe Lullaby. The last two parties were a bit unusual; think the accuracy actually hit 100%. When you say you've never had a resist, do you mean you don't remember one, or that the parser actually reported 100% landing rate for every single party?

Tavnazian Taco is for the defense. As an aggressive puller, I would risk linking two additional birds to keep up kill speed, and I would even pull a Skoffin with one shadow left if I know the melees are working on a Puk. (I do have a damage reduction set, but I don't cast Lullaby in that, and Lullaby casting is when I'm most likely to get hit. *shrug*)

I expect the melees to use food even at the Greater Colibri camp, and use better stuff than Meat Mithkabob and Crab Sushi at the Mamool Ja camps. That being the case, they have the right to expect me to use decent, appropriate food as well, even if the improvement to my performance is relatively small compared to food for them.

It's only fair.

As for RDM, I've seen all kinds of stupidity* in merit parties, like DDs who insisted on /SAM, then needed Cure IV x2 + Cure III x2 or more every minute to stay alive--yet still refused to use Seigan. So, more MP was always good.

Retiring RDM from merit parties so I wouldn't have to deal with MP sponges anymore, though, was even better.

* Not to mention playing RDM kept me close to the melees and staring at them, so I'd notice unannounced AFK'ing, TP holding, TP'ing in WS gear, no gear swapping, and other idiocies more often. At least on BRD I don't have to see those things as much.

And, when I somehow do notice AFK'ing, I can stop the pulling so the exp halts, and everyone can poke at the AFK person together. Much easier to get the AFK people's attention when they stop getting experience points, by the way.

Also, much easier to get leader to kick AFK people when I refuse to pull for their exp.
 Asura.Despayn
サーバ: Asura
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-05-07 00:09:45  
Despain said:
I'd agree on the douchebag comment, however:

Promathia The Last Verse

She's done with CoP. There's no excuse for someone who's @ Sacrarium/past Sacrarium to NOT have a Swift Belt period. Not trying to add fuel to the fire, just saying. Today's standards are so bleh that its kinda frustrating. If she/he weren't past Sacrarium, then yes, it'd be a 100% douchebag statement.

Now back to the OP...

Depends on the job. Back when people still merited with NINs, I'd use a dagger build (Blau/Fudo) spamming Evisceration, so I'd stick to crab sushi. When Innin was introduced, God... those were the days =(

I always lazy COR, even though I know COR/WAR is better to merit with period. However, COR/WHM is effortless, and I could care less what my exp/hr is if I just stand there, do 3 rolls, alt + tab and get exp really.

MNK is probably the most expensive. I stick to pizza. Always go MNK/WAR, so that ***gets eaten up quick.

I eat horses.

Out of curiosity, is there any reason why this got rated down to -6? Lol.