First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-12-02 02:24:03  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Also Striking Flourish sounds like garbage. :x

Warriors Charge for dancer? Dnc is already a powerhouse you don't need a DA ja.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-02 02:32:39  
Asura.Calatilla said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Also Striking Flourish sounds like garbage. :x

Warriors Charge for dancer? Dnc is already a powerhouse you don't need a DA ja.
99% chance it's not even worth using, who cares?
[+]
By Purpleeyes 2010-12-02 03:14:46  
"Striking Flourish (DNC Lv.89 Ability Delay: 2 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
Allows you to deliver a twofold attack. Requires at least one finishing move."

Since it requires "at least" one finishing move, I'm assuming that having five finishing moves up would guarantee us, at most, five consecutive double attacks. Would be nice if that were the case and you could combine it with something like Evisceration. It'll probably be just like Climactic Flourish, though. Probably won't even be worth using considering I double attack most of the time anyway unless you can use it with a weapon skill.

And having another Waltz section would be very welcomed. Having healing waltz with the five other ones is a very bad idea -_-
 Ragnarok.Taurich
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Taurich
By Ragnarok.Taurich 2010-12-03 12:33:01  
As it stands for waltzes all being one timer, waltz V is very strictly an "oh ***" button. I would absofreakinglutly love to have them split into two groups. If they're not going to split them then they gave us a pretty useless ability. 23 seconds? wtf is that?

Alternatively give us some waltz recast reduction gear. only thing we can use atm (that I'm aware of) is the Anwig, and that means you're losing 5% of your waltz without etoil tiara.

They also lowered waltz III to lvl 45, meaning that the only thing we have that's close to spam-able and decent cure volume is now usable by everyone else -_-

is it me or did they make dnc to function as sub job onry? We can do some hilariously interesting things, but unless they split the waltzes up, it's basically a kick in the face to dnc, this is just about a useless update.

also, if it is supposed to be an "oh ***" button, the 23 second delay makes it a one-time shot, because chances are if you got to that point, it's going to come back around before your timers are done.
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2010-12-03 12:49:15  
/RAGE.... f**king SE giving everyone /DNC Curing Waltz III. Bad enough they're giving /DNC Violent Flourish and Haste Samba with the subjob already, now they get our only real way to cure people as well (Waltz IV and V are ***...) Thanks SE.
[+]
 Caitsith.Jessie
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-12-03 12:52:45  
Sylph.Chrisstreb said:
/RAGE.... f**king SE giving everyone /DNC Curing Waltz III
Yeah... It sucks because now the only exclusive waltzes that Dancer main gets are Divine Waltz II and Curing Waltz IV. I mean, Curing Waltz V is in that list too, but it's going to be really rarely used at a 23-second recast timer.

It sucks mostly 'cause it seemed Square-Enix was giving Dancers a whole lotta love in the last couple of updates.
 Titan.Lillica
サーバ: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-12-03 12:55:23  
*takes a break from leveling SAM/dnc and NIN/dnc* I don't see what the biggy is this update rocks!

but seriously we kinda got shafted, at least they didn't give us more dualwield to eff up our haste/dw ratios are whatever.
 Ragnarok.Taurich
By Ragnarok.Taurich 2010-12-03 13:05:54  
Honestly I haven't had much of a problem coming up with TP with the DW stuff. I managed to get 25% haste in gear (24.4 or whatever in practicality) and have the charis neck (still need to do ark angels T_T) but I really have no problem making TP happen. The point that it starts to really mess with things is the samba/haste/march x2 sort of situations where the extra DW just gimps TP gain without adding more attack delay. so in those situations take off DW enhancing and laugh in the face of mobs that couldn't kill you even if they really wanted to.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-12-03 13:12:11  
i have no f'ing clue what the rage on the whole dnc thing is with the sub changes.

Complaining cures are on the crappy timer, and at the same time complaining if someone subs dnc they can cure waltz 3 as well? bit of a contradiction.
Haste samba? is there really still a dnc who doesnt have haste samba merited? not sure what the problem is, if dnc not around people can still sub and haste5 the pt, seems fair or is DOUBLE the haste from what a sub can do not enough?
and really, mad subs get that stupid stun? FFS sub blu or drk or blm and u can do the same ***
/rantoff

i really was hoping they would address the healing/cure waltz timers at least. *** move to be healing and have to pick between removing a debuff or cureing.
 Ragnarok.Taurich
By Ragnarok.Taurich 2010-12-03 13:24:02  
The rage is that Waltz III is the primary curing ability a dancer will use. The delay isn't horrendous and the HP cured is a decent return. So if you now have a sam/dnc (or ___/dnc really, sam used for lolTP example) you can haste samba, and waltz III at a pretty good rate. I could care less about violent flourish on a sub really, you can find stun on other subs pretty easy anyway.
[+]
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-03 13:28:02  
It'll probably be gimped anyway.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-03 13:28:33  
Titan.Darkestknight said:
Mad.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-03 13:29:42  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Mad.
Stupid.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-03 13:38:45  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Mad.
Stupid.
lol y u mad tho
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-03 13:45:54  
Ragnarok.Taurich said:
The rage is that Waltz III is the primary curing ability a dancer will use. The delay isn't horrendous and the HP cured is a decent return. So if you now have a sam/dnc (or ___/dnc really, sam used for lolTP example) you can haste samba, and waltz III at a pretty good rate. I could care less about violent flourish on a sub really, you can find stun on other subs pretty easy anyway.

How many SAMs are going to go /DNC instead of /WAR unless soloing?

For groups, it's really only applicable to the already "support"-ish jobs like Thief, Corsair, and maybe even DD Bard and Red Mage.
 Diabolos.Obliterate
サーバ: Diabolos
user: TBMC
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2010-12-03 13:54:49  
Yeah the recast on curing waltz V may only make it viable in an "oshit" situation, but at least its something, its better than nothing like some other jobs got.

I fail to see how giving other jobs waltz III breaks dnc, its not like all the dds are going to sub dnc now and main heal the alliance, the only time it would be used is in solo situations, which imo isnt a bad thing.

I don't understand why people complain about these updates if a job is your main and you enjoy playing it, then you should welcome any addition that makes your job better.
By Purpleeyes 2010-12-03 14:06:54  
They could have gave DNC waltz a different timer and I would be happy if I didn't get anything else in any other update. AT LEAST have healing waltz on a separate timer... I hate getting paralyzed and then use healing waltz five times before it actually works, and by then I'm nearly (if not) dead. Seriously having healing waltz with the rest is beyond HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Something I'm pretty much never going to use is the same as receiving nothing to me. Yeah it's an "oh ***" moment waltz, but if you reached that point then you'll probably die before you can heal yourself again anyway. Yeah you can use it if someone in your party gets hit for 1k+ damage to instantly heal them, but if you're going to be getting in those situations in the first place you should have a WHM or something.

I'm starting to think that DNC was meant to be a subjob. How about give /nin Yonin? I wouldn't mind that at all.
 Ragnarok.Taurich
By Ragnarok.Taurich 2010-12-03 14:13:29  
I'll take a /nin yonin! stack it on fan dance for hilarious enmity/evasion and tank the poop out of everything!!

but that's exactly why it does that, you'd be able to tank with all sorts of jobs that aren't ninja and would make ninja no longer a great tank. everyone would pld/nin and that'd be the end of it.
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2010-12-03 14:27:43  
too bad Yonin and Innin is NIN-exclusive lol =/ DNC/NIN with that would've been awesome. But irregardless, Yes the /DNC Curing Waltz III would be a god-send for soloing, but I could see some jobs taking DNCs potential place in a DD party as a healer, since main DNCs other 2 Waltzes (Waltz IV (15 seconds) and Waltz V (23 seconds) aren't worth using. Yes they cure for more HP, but the timer recast sucks. They really needed to make the Waltzes each their own 'JA', instead of having them all grouped together. This is something they should've done from day 1. Yes, DNC could Waltz-tank better than a PLD or a NIN or heck even a THF (great access to Evasion gear plus the Evasion Bonus Traits make us better than NIN mains in some instances) but their lack of defense-gear and Damage Reduction gear would get them killed, but meh, it'd be fun. Hopefully they'll fix it for the 95 update
 Ragnarok.Taurich
By Ragnarok.Taurich 2010-12-03 15:40:21  
If I can get off my lazy butt, I'd like to do up two dmg -9% magian daggers to stack on fan dance for -38dmg reduction
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-03 16:17:55  
For people who don't understand why /DNC is as good as DNC, and why we're mad is simply this.

Waltz 3 is the only Waltz a Dancer should ever use, even with the addition of 5 (4 is garbage). Unless they split timers (doesn't seem like they will at this point), then this whole rant means nothing. COR/DNC, NIN/DNC etc has access to everything that makes DNC useful, and more. They also have Anwig Salade for recast timer, etc.

Haste Samba. With the *new* 'Delay Reduction Cap' most jobs are only benefiting from a few %'s of Haste Samba anyway (~5% or less, which oh noes /DNC gets!). Because of this, our Haste Samba merits are useless in group situations nowadays to be quite frank.

I'm not sure how well Violent Flourish will stick on /DNC (since lax Casaque), but I'm sure with the proper gear it'll be a decent stickrate, if not the same as a DNC main. It's also--for those who don't know--a stun on a 15sec timer.

*** yeah loljobs.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-03 16:29:49  
You're still the best dnc :(
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-03 16:30:22  
; -; ty... I'm so sad. I'm like, never going to play DNC again.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-03 16:34:58  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
It's good for leeching WoE and ranking first place!
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-03 16:39:35  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
It's good for leeching WoE and ranking first place!

*** lol'd. I SHOULD DO THAT! D:<
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-03 16:40:34  
i don't really see what's so surprising about all this. /sam gets hasso, /whm gets cure 4, reverse flourish is nice but only getting one finishing move per step means it's not nearly as useful when subbed.

rdm is still stuck with cure 4 as its highest tier of cure, which is also subbable. it seems like a lot to ask for dnc to have curing capabilities equivalent to whm's AND remain one of the better DDs AND offer a fair bit of support.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-03 16:44:36  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
i don't really see what's so surprising about all this. /sam gets hasso, /whm gets cure 4, reverse flourish is nice but only getting one finishing move per step means it's not nearly as useful when subbed.

rdm is still stuck with cure 4 as its highest tier of cure, which is also subbable. it seems like a lot to ask for dnc to have curing capabilities equivalent to whm's AND remain one of the better DDs AND offer a fair bit of support.

DNC's really not one of the better DDs, and the only support it gives nowadays is a shitty cure 4 equivalent. Haste Samba is really a non-issue, if you'd read what I posted, and VF is also since /DNC gets it too.
By Purpleeyes 2010-12-03 16:46:23  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
For people who don't understand why /DNC is as good as DNC, and why we're mad is simply this.

Waltz 3 is the only Waltz a Dancer should ever use, even with the addition of 5 (4 is garbage). Unless they split timers (doesn't seem like they will at this point), then this whole rant means nothing. COR/DNC, NIN/DNC etc has access to everything that makes DNC useful, and more. They also have Anwig Salade for recast timer, etc.

Haste Samba. With the *new* 'Delay Reduction Cap' most jobs are only benefiting from a few %'s of Haste Samba anyway (~5% or less, which oh noes /DNC gets!). Because of this, our Haste Samba merits are useless in group situations nowadays to be quite frank.

I'm not sure how well Violent Flourish will stick on /DNC (since lax Casaque), but I'm sure with the proper gear it'll be a decent stickrate, if not the same as a DNC main. It's also--for those who don't know--a stun on a 15sec timer.

*** yeah loljobs.

All awesome points.

I'm assuming Violent Flourish will stick pretty decent at the very least. Even if it doesn't, /dnc has access to stutter step.

But yeah, I'm a main DNC and this update kind of killed my desire to use it...

THF/DNC for treasure hunter 6(7?), and now because you're required to hit due to the new trait THFs have you may as well throw in some Waltz IIIs along with putting in a few steps.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-03 16:49:45  
Purpleeyes said:
All awesome points.

I'm assuming Violent Flourish will stick pretty decent at the very least. Even if it doesn't, /dnc has access to stutter step.

THF/DNC for treasure hunter 6(7?), and now because you're required to hit due to the new trait THFs have you may as well throw in some Waltz IIIs along with putting in a few steps.

Exactly. :/ I'm pretty sure if I use my DNC's VF set on any of my other jobs, it'll land just as reliably. @___@;;

On the bright side I have THF and COR! ==;
By Purpleeyes 2010-12-03 16:54:03  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Purpleeyes said:
All awesome points.

Exactly. :/ I'm pretty sure if I use my DNC's VF set on any of my other jobs, it'll land just as reliably. @___@;;

On the bright side I have THF and COR! ==;

Exactly. I knew lvling up THF was a good idea :) Plus I got all my DNC trial daggers to use for THF :) :)