users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » December Update - DNC
December Update - DNC
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2010-12-04 00:19:42  
Yeah, took almost 2 weeks for them to add it lol, and lets not forget, our AF3 feet comes from a zone with EIGHT other jobs (SMN/NIN/SAM/DRG/PUP/COR/BLU/SCH) lol
By Purpleeyes 2010-12-04 00:25:55  
I remember looking all over for the tiara for hours -_-

Watch as all DNCs level up to 90 and discover Regain Samba as an ability SE forgot to mention.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-04 00:37:44  
wouldn't regain jig make more sense?
[+]
By Purpleeyes 2010-12-04 00:42:15  
Nah has to be samba because if you're only using it for yourself no one will want you in the party ><
 Ragnarok.Taurich
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Taurich
By Ragnarok.Taurich 2010-12-04 11:43:40  
some form of regain would be really nice to have. the VV atma is damned handy for that in abby, I keep wondering why I have 0 TP after running around in abby for a while. Regain Jig, or regain samba would be awesome.
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-12-06 12:37:38  
Phurba Rare Exclusive
Dagger
DMG:44 Delay:190 Accuracy+10
"Waltz" potency +10%
Lv89 DNC

ok now will be fun to see peoples debatin to see wich daggers to use in party and why...lolz...
 Titan.Lillica
サーバ: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-12-06 12:51:14  
Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
Phurba Rare Exclusive
Dagger
"Waltz" potency +10%
Lv89 DNC

ok now will be fun to see peoples debatin to see wich daggers to use in party and why...lolz...

neato
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-06 12:54:38  
Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
Phurba Rare Exclusive
Dagger
"Waltz" potency +10%
Lv89 DNC

Screw you guys, I'm using the Quadruple Attack dagger.
[+]
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2010-12-06 12:57:37  
pretty easy really, if you haven't done Magian Weapons, I'd say main-hand Phurba and off-hand Auric if you have it
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-06 14:04:10  
Sylph.Chrisstreb said:
pretty easy really, if you haven't done Magian Weapons, I'd say main-hand Phurba and off-hand Auric if you have it
main hand phurba and off hand stp fusetto?
[+]
 Titan.Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-12-06 15:11:13  
duh macro in the waltz dagger for cures...

noobs
[+]
 Ragnarok.Taurich
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Taurich
By Ragnarok.Taurich 2010-12-06 15:13:12  
Titan.Lillica said:
duh macro in the waltz dagger for cures...

noobs

lamo
 Titan.Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-12-06 22:30:15  
anyone figure out striking flourish yet? i used it and i don't know what it even did

*edit* oooooh thats what it does
By Purpleeyes 2010-12-06 23:22:33  
No that dagger doesn't make up for what you did with Curing Waltz III, SE -_-
 Caitsith.Kalima
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Kalima
By Caitsith.Kalima 2010-12-07 00:40:32  
Titan.Lillica said:
anyone figure out striking flourish yet? i used it and i don't know what it even did

Yeah, a whole lotta nothing lol

Burn 2 FM for a measly 1 double attack on mainhand
...SE was doing so good with DNC and now they're adding stupid crap that we will never use *coughwaltz5cough*
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-07 00:43:03  
i actually expected more from cw5.....
[+]
 Titan.Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-12-07 00:55:10  
Caitsith.Kalima said:
Titan.Lillica said:

Yeah, a whole lotta nothing lol

Burn 2 FM for a measly 1 double attack on mainhand
...SE was doing so good with DNC and now they're adding stupid crap that we will never use *coughwaltz5cough*

I use it in abyssea when im not doing anything else with steps.
bumped my evis up by about 500 dmg with it on avg.

and yeah Yuna CW5 kinda... sucks.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-07 04:00:46  
Curing Waltz 3 = 72~3 tp/sec
Curing Waltz 5 = 54 tp/sec

orz.

Using Anwig Salade etc.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-07 04:06:03  
so cw3 still remains to be the best cw for constant use. but for standard use i've actually taken to use cw5, cheaper in the long run.

edit: also i heard there was a new atma that gives haste/dex and enmity+ (i wish i knew the name of it)

so with 3 atmas it would be VV (or GH depending on the occasion) + RR + this new atma?
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-07 04:25:25  
5 seems neat for if you're DDing (maybe even soloing?) and want to toss out the occasional cure for whatever reason.

I don't know much about the new atma, don't see how a haste+ one would be all that useful unless it doesn't count towards gear haste, and even then it's only useful if you're not getting properly buffed.

When I see what the new stuff looks like I'll comment on this sometime. Slept through all the initial .dat mining and stuff. @_@;
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-07 05:03:55  
well you have 2 options (i say 2 because i refuse to drop nusku for bullwhip, my prerogative...)

25 haste and 50 dw
or
18 haste and 55 dw

this is considering the dnc body could give 5 dw

a dnc with only haste hits 75% of the delay cap. with the 18haste55dw only 2 delay behind.

if dnc body gives 10 dw, you can get 77% with the 18haste60dw .9 delay slower.

if the atma (which i heard was major) gave 3-5 haste, thats pretty much the cap, and there would be no need for a brd in the same party, all things considering looking at dnc's point of view.

it shouldn't count to gear haste, seems better fitting to be magical haste.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-07 10:53:06  
Atma haste was tested to be gear haste previously, so unless that's changed with this update they are indeed garbage.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-08 06:21:14  
Leviathan.Niniann said:

orz.

Using Anwig Salade etc.

I'm currently working on a Masters in applied mathematics, and I've thought about this a lot, and crunched the numbers, and came to the following solution:

CWV = I don't die after getting hit by Thundaga IV and Turul is all pissed off at me and stuff for shoving a dagger in his face.
etc. etc.

Mind you, these calculations are all theoretical.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-08 09:48:17  
Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

orz.

Using Anwig Salade etc.

I'm currently working on a Masters in applied mathematics, and I've thought about this a lot, and crunched the numbers, and came to the following solution:

CWV = I don't die after getting hit by Thundaga IV and Turul is all pissed off at me and stuff for shoving a dagger in his face.
etc. etc.

Isn't that what a WHM is for? Unless you're solo, in which case you're praying he doesn't eat your face for the next 21 seconds.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-08 10:06:17  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

orz.

Using Anwig Salade etc.

etc. etc.

Isn't that what a WHM is for? Unless you're solo, in which case you're praying he doesn't eat your face for the next 21 seconds.

Yes.
Yes.
God would I have killed for a whm on that fight.

DNC RDM THF BST BST WAR loooooooooooooooooooooooooool
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-09 13:20:08  
This was a fairly unimpressive update overall, across the board and for all jobs. Not nearly as revolutionary and game-breaking as the last update.

Striking Flourish < Circle JA of your choice
Curing Waltz V is what we expected. I cure over 1k in Abyssea with it, but the recast is atrocious.

Waltz +10% dagger looks cool. Too bad it wasn't Waltz Recast-10.

If the set bonus is non-linear, AF3+2 body would let us use a full set (20% gear Haste, +10% dw, 36.5% from magic, 10% from samba). If the set bonus is linear, then it isn't worth using. If you're solo, AF3+2 body is theoretically a good DD piece, but realistically you'll be using something like Aurore body for evasion so you waste time casting shadows less often.

AF3+1 hands supposedly add 13 TP to a 5 Finishing Reverse Flourish with full merits, so we can hope that AF3+2 hands will give us at least 100TP per Reverse Flourish. It wasn't hard to self-skillchain anyway, but this makes it a little easier to do (for instance) PK -> Reverse -> NFR -> Climactic -> Evisceration for a little boost.
 Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny 2010-12-09 19:09:29  
Even if the full set bonus is only 5% I believe it would be worth using in most pt situations.

With marches+samba+haste + 20% gear haste (AF3+2, Goading) + 10% DW from gear (af3+2 body, charis neck) Delay reduction is about 79.9%

Losing marches, adding suppanomimi:
Samba+haste + 20% gear haste + 15% gear DW ~= 69.75% delay reduction
swapping AF3+2 body/hands for r.harness/a.gloves:
Samba+haste + 25% gear haste + 10% gear DW ~= 70% delay reduction

I assume the double damage procs (on my attacks alone) would make up for the minor loss in delay reduction.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-09 19:56:54  
Well, you could also swap the AF3+2 hands to Dusk +1, and Goading to Bullwhip, Twilight, Speed, or Velocious.

Samba + Haste + 25% gear Haste + 15% gear DW = 72.5% delay reduction, and whatever the 4/5 set bonus is.

Realistically though, BRD/WHM is the ideal duo partner. It can Sleepga, Elegy, pull, March/March or March/Mambo depending, status cure, and Haste. Then you don't need (or want) the Dual Wield on the AF3+2 body, and can swap it for Loki's Kaftan.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-10 00:32:32  
if you add auric it's 75% delay reduction. body is actually really hard to beat save loki. you could actually go the 18-19% haste (depending on your hands) and add nusku over bullwhip/twilight and use Atma of the Omnipotent as your third atma which you should generally anyways if only for the 50 dex and have 77% delay reduction.

brd is not the ideal partner compared to sch/whm (and shortly sch/rdm). reasons why i said this, i'll hold till later when im not busy/tired, but you should be able to figure it out.
[+]
 Asura.Tristean
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-12-10 00:36:18  
Atma of the Omnipotent? What's the stats on that one again.

Oh yuna, I know you posted this in another thread but go check out Spry Vest Augments. I got a STP +4, Spell interruption rate down 1%, and Chr+2 augment on it. There still to be better augments on it though. So maybe your STP argument could still be valid ^^.

[+]