Kirin - Single MNK Kill ?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Kirin - Single MNK kill ?
Kirin - Single MNK kill ?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Blazed1979 2011-06-01 06:12:23  
Bismarck.Helel said:
I just noticed you said you were planning on using CS against kirin? I'm about 95% positive that's a horrible idea. He'll totally destroy you. You realize kirin rarely attacks normally right? It's almost always a tp move.

CS worked great for me first time we attempted kirin zerg.
I was the main tank(cursed) and CS was up 100% of the time. I only died from astral flow and not the tp moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxOJ6EFr_Zw

alternative video of same fight mnk cs tankinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Pachacamak#p/u/10/LpYgXkiDe84

before anyone comments on how long the fight lasted, this was close to 5 years ago so flame at your own risk.
 Phoenix.Arhat
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: lithical
By Phoenix.Arhat 2011-06-01 06:54:56  
Make sure to update on how much deadly hold does. I think 400-600 is a little unrealistic given what CS does but who knows.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-06-02 10:59:42  
Echo what others have said: Don't use counterstance. 95% of Kirin's attacks are TP moves.

You could also just Mnk/nin and take significantly less damage (increases fight time by another minute, but holding an add for a bit longer shouldnt be a problem, and not being at 300 hp from a random Deadly Hold when AF goes off will probably remove any chance of failure).

Mnk + Whm + Brd should have no trouble what so ever taking down Kirin in about 3-4 minutes without 2 hour.
 Siren.Inuyushi
サーバ: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-02 11:50:04  
I love how MNKs use CS everywhere, even outside of Abyssea.....so full of fail ><;
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-02 11:51:42  
Siren.Inuyushi said:
I love how MNKs use CS everywhere, even outside of Abyssea.....so full of fail ><;

let me get this straight

You think its fail to use counterstance outside of abyssea?
[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-06-02 11:51:54  
Siren.Inuyushi said:

You should be using Counterstance on most things that dont have heavy physical based TP moves.

If you're not, you're doing it wrong (taking more damage, doing less damage, and sucking more).

edit: Tiger beat me Q.Q.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-02 11:53:53  
Phoenix.Neosutra said:
Siren.Inuyushi said:

You should be using Counterstance on most things that dont have heavy physical based TP moves.

If you're not, you're doing it wrong (taking more damage, doing less damage, and sucking more).

edit: Tiger beat me Q.Q.
Fast interwebz up in Niger, yo

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-02 11:58:26  
Siren.Inuyushi said:

Are you being serious?
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-02 12:07:59  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Inuyushi said:

Are you being serious?

Yes, before abyssea Counterstance was the most unused, worthless JA around. Who here played MNK before Abyssea? Do you remember going into a fight against regular mobs with CS up? I wish our MNKs would learn how to hold dmg back and take off CS and let the pld get some hate so the mages don't run out of mp.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-02 12:08:51  
looooooooooooooooooool
[+]
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2011-06-02 12:09:08  
oh this is interesting. Did you think about dex etude? I think kirin has 100 on every stat iirc, could cap crit rate with 150 dex (hard to achieve that on mnk?), which would be better than a silly attack boost from low minuets.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-02 12:10:30  
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Inuyushi said:

Are you being serious?

Yes, before abyssea Counterstance was the most unused, worthless JA around. Who here played MNK before Abyssea? Do you remember going into a fight against regular mobs with CS up? I wish our MNKs would learn how to hold dmg back and take off CS and let the pld get some hate so the mages don't run out of mp.
[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-06-02 12:11:18  
I just got trolled =/
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-02 12:11:24  
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Inuyushi said:

Are you being serious?

I'm pretty sure I went into every fight with counterstance up.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-02 12:14:45  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Inuyushi said:

Are you being serious?

[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-06-02 12:16:00  
Firstly, I'm going to add that you shouldn't have counterstance up whilst fighting mobs who used ranged attacks.

Secondly, I'm going to stare at Inuyushi with my eyebrow raised. Yes, at 75 MNKs actually used counterstance on all of the various fodder-mobs. Einherjar, Dynamis, Limbus, Salvage etc. Oh yeah, and Merit parties. They actually take *less* damage that way, overall, while dealing MORE damage. Of course, you can't be slacking to cure them when they take a hit from a TP move, but whatever.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-02 12:16:21  
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Inuyushi said:

Are you being serious?

Yes. I remember CS actually increasing my damage by a ton, PLDs being rarely used because they sucked and me actually being able to survive because I have skill that surpasses a teaspoon.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-06-02 12:20:40  
There are times when you probably shouldn't use Counterstance outside Abyssea, but I don't think its fail to use it. You can easily squeeze +7~8 counter into your TP gear without sacrificing a ton of stuff with just 3 pieces of gear. Moonshade earring with Attack or Acc +4 and Counter +3, Usu hands, augmented Shura hands +1 with Counter +3 and Ultion mantle. That gear alone nearly compensates for the bonus to counter granted via Gnarled Horn.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-02 12:23:16  
Hmmm, interesting. Ok. Either way though, I love watching CS mnks die. But I'm also not a whm either
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-02 12:30:01  
We killed Kirin last night x2 but we weren't solo or 2boxing so I don't know how relative it is.

Was my first time in Sky I didn't do ZM back in the day only just finished it for my Suppa last week.

Anyways fight was uber easy had 3 mnks 1 whm 1 brd 1 thf. None of the mnks have empy they all used Asuran Fists first fight took 1min 25 seconds. BRD used 2hr, had a 2nd BRD come late for the 2nd fight use their 2hr
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-06-02 12:31:11  
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Inuyushi said:

Are you being serious?

Troll.

Edit: Sorry, should read post dates, probably, before getting all huffy.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-02 12:33:31  
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Inuyushi said:

Are you being serious?

Troll.

Nope, legit. I never saw MNKs use CS back before ToAU even. MNK wasn't the prominate DD either. And for real about MNKs pulling hate and going from full HP to 200 HP and crying for a cure. Turn your back, let the tank build up hate again and DD in moderation. Long fights are endurance.
 Fenrir.Camaroz
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-06-02 12:33:40  
If you can't heal a monk with counterstance you fail as a healer

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-06-02 12:35:19  
Fenrir.Camaroz said:

You crack me up, Cam, epic timing.
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-06-02 12:37:14  
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Inuyushi said:

Are you being serious?

Troll.

Nope, legit. I never saw MNKs use CS back before ToAU even. MNK wasn't the prominate DD either. And for real about MNKs pulling hate and going from full HP to 200 HP and crying for a cure. Turn your back, let the tank build up hate again and DD in moderation. Long fights are endurance.

Which still doesn't mean it wasthe failest job ability never being used. What's more, not only are there mages that are ok with it, but there are also PLDs that don't care one bit because they kept hate anyway. Thanks for the quick reply, though.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-02 12:37:24  
Fenrir.Camaroz said:

Who said I was the healer? I'm the RDM. Back up curing at best. I have other duties thank you.
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-06-02 12:38:22  
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Fenrir.Camaroz said:

Who said I was the healer? I'm the RDM. Back up curing at best. I have other duties thank you.

I am pretty sure he meant the universal "you," not you as a person.

And anyways, this is getting stupid. I feel bad for saying anything, and totally helping this thread go sideways.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7