Kirin - Single MNK Kill ?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Kirin - Single MNK kill ?
Kirin - Single MNK kill ?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-02 12:38:46  
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Nope, legit. I never saw MNKs use CS back before ToAU even. MNK wasn't the prominate DD either. And for real about MNKs pulling hate and going from full HP to 200 HP and crying for a cure. Turn your back, let the tank build up hate again and DD in moderation. Long fights are endurance.
Let me guess, your 2handers use /THF.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-02 12:40:38  
umm.. RDM was main healer back in the day no one wanted WHMs. Also if you have a PLD there you weren't RDM tanking so wtf couldn't you throw a MNK with 200hp a cure even if you were a backup healer? You are friggen fail lol
[+]
 Siren.Inuyushi
サーバ: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-02 12:41:08  
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Which still doesn't mean it wasthe failest job ability never being used. What's more, not only are there mages that are ok with it, but there are also PLDs that don't care one bit because they kept hate anyway. Thanks for the quick reply, though.

No, I never said that. It has it's place and time. I'll use an example for you. Fighting frogs in Einherjar, our fav. MNK full times CS even though these are AoE friendly things. He's never played MNK outside of Abyssea and knows no other thing other than 'Hit All JA's and Engage!' There are times for it and times not to use it, Obviously. It's the MNKs that full time it in every instance. There are times where you don't want the MNK to tank and they still use it.

Another Example: We were fighting Medusa last night, and the fight literally came down to everyone without any MP and our Tank fighting tooth and nail to stay alive and supertank (He's an awesome BLU). Our MNK stayed on the floor. My best guess, he full timed CS because he's just mindless and cookie cutter as it gets. He's talented in the normal stuff, but he's was out of his element and went splat because there was simply not enough MP for him and the Tank.

Also, You're welcome.
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-02 12:42:11  
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Inuyushi said:
I love how MNKs use CS everywhere, even outside of Abyssea.....so full of fail ><;
Are you being serious?
Yes, before abyssea Counterstance was the most unused, worthless JA around. Who here played MNK before Abyssea? Do you remember going into a fight against regular mobs with CS up? I wish our MNKs would learn how to hold dmg back and take off CS and let the pld get some hate so the mages don't run out of mp.

4 days and no prouesse ring, but this still made me giggle.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-02 12:42:59  
sounds like you play with some good players and you sound like a good player as well.
[+]
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-02 12:44:06  
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
umm.. RDM was main healer back in the day no one wanted WHMs. Also if you have a PLD there you weren't RDM tanking so wtf couldn't you throw a MNK with 200hp a cure even if you were a backup healer? You are friggen fail lol

Huh?! Yea, rdm was healer back in the day. And for all those out there let me clarify... I'm talking about using CS in events that require stamina to win where there is a balanced setup with WHMs, PLDs, RDMs, etc. And read my last post about Medusa, no couldn't throw the MNK a cure.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-02 12:44:36  
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
sounds like you play with some good players and you sound like a good player as well.

Ask my friends, I can't vouge for myself. As for my friends, we have some rather 'lol' people. Thanks for the personal attacks though buddy.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-02 12:46:03  
ITT : game requires stamina.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-02 12:48:01  
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:

Ask my friends, I can't vouge for myself. As for my friends, we have some rather 'lol' people. Thanks for the personal attacks though buddy.

You're freely giving up this information and telling everyone that you wouldn't cure people because you were too busy on RDM and that it's not your job. You are a support job that likes to see people die and doesn't offer help.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-02 12:52:57  
Sylph.Krsone said:
ITT : game requires stamina.
So I need to stack VIT so I get more defense when using Counterstance? It would also make me get more from DNC waltzes, so I won't die so easily. Damn, I have been going about this game all wrong.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-02 12:53:01  
Heh. I cure when I can. If I can't, I laugh and enjoy the show. Shoot me for being a RDM
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-02 12:54:18  
Im gonna guess youre elvaan w/o even looking. Ah damn I was wrong, wld appear ur a kitty.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-02 12:54:20  
P.S. I wouldn't ever call my friends who play "lol" no matter how casual they were about playing.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-02 12:55:32  
Yay for more personal attacks :D

@Krsone - Nope
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-02 12:56:19  
Brown belts don't have PDT-5%, which is why Inu is probably having trouble w/ counterstance and taking damage!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-02 12:56:27  
Sylph.Krsone said:
Im gonna guess youre elvaan w/o even looking.
Shouldn't even matter with all the refresh you can get now. BRD gives 9/tic from ballads, RDM gives a 7/tic Refresh II and has plenty of refresh gear, WHM has significant refresh gear plus AF3+2 legs, and both RDM and WHM have access to at least one form of MP conservation. There's no excuse for running out of MP on old content, even if you're a Galka.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2011-06-02 12:57:00  
I don't see why this is such a "feat". You are doing old content, hell it was old content @ 75 with a massive amount of support. Put any half-decent melee there and they can probably do it.. 2 brds, a whm, and an Ochain PLD to deal with the links. The only problem would be making sure you survive the astral flow.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-02 12:57:15  
This thread is so fail.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-02 12:58:47  
Nah it wasnt an issue of max mp or anything just the Sandy Elvaan attitude I was sensing, seems fairly common for rdm elvaan to be like this. "If I cant cure, ill laugh and enjoy the show" ...
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-02 13:00:38  
Sylph.Krsone said:
Nah it wasnt an issue of max mp or anything just the Sandy Elvaan attitude I was sensing, seems fairly common for rdm elvaan to be like this. "If I cant cure, ill laugh and enjoy the show" ...
I think it's just bad players in general.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-02 13:00:41  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Im gonna guess youre elvaan w/o even looking.
Shouldn't even matter with all the refresh you can get now. BRD gives 9/tic from ballads, RDM gives a 7/tic Refresh II and has plenty of refresh gear, WHM has significant refresh gear plus AF3+2 legs, and both RDM and WHM have access to at least one form of MP conservation. There's no excuse for running out of MP on old content, even if you're a Galka.

Meh it can be kinda hard if your gear isn't too good and you're a solo healer in an annoying fight.

But nothing that a quick rest won't fix.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-02 13:01:33  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Brown belts don't have PDT-5%, which is why Inu is probably having trouble w/ counterstance and taking damage!

This is true! I am one item away from my Black Belt though. Too bad it's the turtle and that KSNM requres more skill than throwing people at it. Has anyone telling me you can never run out of MP done the ToAU kings? Or T3 Einherjars? Other than those two off hand, yea I never run out of MP nor do I have to cure because WHMs are so bored they actually cure on time.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-02 13:01:44  
Sylph.Krsone said:

lol wtf i was RDM elvaan on my old server @ ps2 launch I wasn't like that.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-02 13:03:40  
That being said... The amount of fast cast and MP regen that RDMs have, they should be able to keep up with healing on MNK CSing easily.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-02 13:03:54  
Sry Tweeek, ur a Taru now, so much love <3 .
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7