Puppetmaster TP gear
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-17 07:31:25  
I consider Nefarious inferior to all other options(unless it's abyssea), but still your overall assessment about critical hit rate in general is confusing.
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
サーバ: Sylph
user: Chernabog
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-18 05:17:23  
In a nutshell, if it doesn't proc crit rate is useless. That's why nef collar is crap. Rancor Mantle is ok if it doesn't proc b/c it still has ATK. Thaumas head isn't as good as other options if you didn't get the crit. That's what I'm getting at. And the trade off in burst dmg from criting isn't much higher than having a consistant non-crit-focused set.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-18 05:36:14  

You should be looking at average damage, and on average 3% critical hit rate will proc 3% of the time.
[+]
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-19 09:06:23  
So.... Anwig Salade with Str 4, Atk 5, Acc 10, WSAcc 15. Discuss.
 Leviathan.Veltan
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kethrel
By Leviathan.Veltan 2013-02-19 09:13:31  
Sylph.Ningyotsukai said: »
So.... Anwig Salade with Str 4, Atk 5, Acc 10, WSAcc 15. Discuss.

Bad. Need Haste in the hat for TP to cap haste, and other augments (Agi + WS DMG) are better for WS.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-02-19 09:20:21  
Good if fighting something stupidly evasive I guess? That's _alot_ of acc in one slot :P
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-19 10:53:57  
Was setting Qilin & Ig-Alima as mobs on spreadsheet, no buffs. Needed ACC more than ATK it seems.

On another note: TP hand slot... so everyone hyping up Nomkahpa Mittens (even I'm getting wet thinking about them), but just went over hands on the spreadsheet and Cirque Guanti +2 coming out on top. Maybe it's the Store TP? Anyways, I just wanted to see others thoughts.
 Leviathan.Veltan
By Leviathan.Veltan 2013-02-19 11:02:10  
Was setting Qilin & Ig-Alima as mobs on spreadsheet, no buffs. Needed ACC more than ATK it seems.

There are better swaps to make for more acc than lowering haste in your TP set, (assuming you are talking about TP set since this is the TP topic) but without posting the whole set you'd be using its hard to determine exactly. The STR WS acc augment won't help in a TP set anyways.

Posting theoretical sets helps.
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-19 11:10:48  
In any set I tried, Guanti seemed to beat Nom Mitts. Still working on things at this very moment, I'll post more once I finish trying stuff out. But take whatever set you have, put in guanti and nom, and see which is higher. I'm curious.
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-02-19 11:23:35  
In any set I tried, Guanti seemed to beat Nom Mitts. Still working on things at this very moment, I'll post more once I finish trying stuff out. But take whatever set you have, put in guanti and nom, and see which is higher. I'm curious.
Make sure you take into account if you're using any of the Usukane +1 pieces the spreadsheet does not take into account its set effect, last I checked.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-19 11:40:32  
Just add the haste manually.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-02-19 11:43:56  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Make sure you take into account if you're using any of the Usukane +1 pieces the spreadsheet does not take into account its set effect, last I checked.

Is what the "Set Bonus" line is for yo.
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-20 19:05:10  
Leviathan.Veltan said: »

There are better swaps to make for more acc than lowering haste in your TP set, (assuming you are talking about TP set since this is the TP topic) but without posting the whole set you'd be using its hard to determine exactly. The STR WS acc augment won't help in a TP set anyways.

When did I ever say lower haste?
 Leviathan.Veltan
By Leviathan.Veltan 2013-02-22 09:08:23  
Leviathan.Veltan said: »Sylph.Ningyotsukai said: »Was setting Qilin & Ig-Alima as mobs on spreadsheet, no buffs. Needed ACC more than ATK it seems.

When did I ever say lower haste?

Post the set that has 26% haste without a haste hat.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-22 09:49:55  
Figured I'd throw these out there. I'm trying to justify doing another Mythic and I'd like it to be KKK, but I just can't see even KKK making PUP into an enjoyable job for me to play. Here are the ideal TP sets against Dynamis DCs. They don't change very much/at all when fighting higher level monsters with proper buffs. They also don't depend on AM3.

TP: Marches and Haste

TP: No Marches or Haste

WS: Stringing Pummel

If the eliminated JA delay from Maneuver use, PUP would instantly become a much more enjoyable job for me. As it is, I feel like I'm playing a job that is so hamstrung by JA Delay that its unique element (the automaton) can necessarily only be useful in very low Haste situations (soloing).
 Siren.Vanian
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Vanian 2013-02-22 10:21:44  

With my set, i can't get nomkahpa to beat cirque +2 for anything
and its not just a few 0.## cirque beat them buy a good 4-5+dps

*edit*
on dc nightmares I also have thaumas legs beating athos, prosilio belt beating ele belt and mustela gloves beating athos when ftp bonus not in effect
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-22 11:04:15  
I get Prosilio being a slight upgrade with AM3 (if STR falls in the right place) and a downgrade without it. I'd generally stick with the Elemental Belt.

Using 2 Athos's pieces gets you 3% Crit rate set bonus.
3818 damage with Thaumas Legs/Mustela (including +5 STR/DEX set bonus)
3844 damage with Thaumas Legs/Athos's Gloves (no day bonus, +5 STR/DEX set bonus)
3912 damage with Athos's Legs/Gloves (no day bonus, +3% crit rate set bonus, +2 set bonus)
3947 damage with Athos's Legs/Gloves (day bonus, +3% crit rate set bonus, +2 STR/DEX set bonus)
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-02-22 16:48:54  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Figured I'd throw these out there. I'm trying to justify doing another Mythic and I'd like it to be KKK, but I just can't see even KKK making PUP into an enjoyable job for me to play.

A mythic is a huge time investment (as you know, since you already have one). Why do one for a job that you don't enjoy? Kenkonken are awesome for puppetmaster. Not just because of the AM3, or the increase to an already-awesome WS, but because like Aymur and Nirvana the weapon offers a significant bonus to the unique part of the job, which is the pet. It's not a full-time weapon, I think, just like Aymur isn't, because pet ToM weapons like pet -PDT and pet +ATK/RATK will always have their niche.

And I don't know how much you solo, but I'd imagine that dancer can do much of the same solos as puppetmaster. There's another mark against making KKK if you don't love the job.

If the eliminated JA delay from Maneuver use, PUP would instantly become a much more enjoyable job for me. As it is, I feel like I'm playing a job that is so hamstrung by JA Delay that its unique element (the automaton) can necessarily only be useful in very low Haste situations (soloing).

I agree with you, the JA delay is obnoxious. At the very least, maneuvers should have 2-4x their current duration. But at the content that we excel at, which is solo, lowman, pet groups, etc., it's not a total killer.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-22 17:08:55  
I can't see a reason not to fulltime KKK unless you're fighting with puppet only.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-02-22 18:18:59  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I can't see a reason not to fulltime KKK unless you're fighting with puppet only.

That's the situation I was referring too :) Just like pet -PDT axe trump Aymur sometimes. We have less situations where we'll use only the pet compared to beastmaster, because 1) we can solo mobs competently with evasion and SS support, and 2) our pets don't have as much health/pup doesn't have as much pet -DT gear. Still, even though I plan to get KKK, I'm making pet ATK/RATK, -PDT, and MATK H2H, because they all have some usefulness even alongside mythic.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-22 18:21:12  
Kenkonken is such a massive game-changer for PUP that KKK PUP is almost a different job than non-KKK PUP. That's why I'd consider making one even if I think that PUP is a poorly designed and inefficient job that I would currently use nowhere.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-22 18:36:37  
Pup is fun!
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-22 18:51:17  
The unavoidable JA delay can be very noticeable and obnoxious but maneuver use is what gives us such interesting control over the auto (and what makes PUP a real puppeteer!).
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-02-22 19:08:03  
How close does Kenkonken put PUP to MNK in terms of damage? I'd imagine we'd still suffer against higher-level targets with the significant skill disadvantage? Edit: and lack of Impetus.
 Siren.Vanian
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Vanian 2013-02-23 05:14:38  
I get Prosilio being a slight upgrade with AM3 (if STR falls in the right place) and a downgrade without it. I'd generally stick with the Elemental Belt.

Using 2 Athos's pieces gets you 3% Crit rate set bonus.
3818 damage with Thaumas Legs/Mustela (including +5 STR/DEX set bonus)
3844 damage with Thaumas Legs/Athos's Gloves (no day bonus, +5 STR/DEX set bonus)
3912 damage with Athos's Legs/Gloves (no day bonus, +3% crit rate set bonus, +2 set bonus)
3947 damage with Athos's Legs/Gloves (day bonus, +3% crit rate set bonus, +2 STR/DEX set bonus)

hmm your right I do have your set winning now, not sure what I was doing yesterday, I had the set bonus's added too, I still get prosilio winning all the time though, and not even close.

Thaumas set with prosilio 3446
Thaumas set with ele belt 3337
Athos set with Prosilio 3485
Athos set with ele belt 3389

Only buff I have set are
Elvaan
/thf
Bison Steak
Haste
AM3

Guess I'll have to look out for some VW shouts that never happen :/
 Sylph.Silvra
By Sylph.Silvra 2013-03-14 09:26:00  
I know there is a bit of delay and tediousness to maneuvers and such, but hey, free pocket WHM/DD is worth it to me. Also, even with my MNK main I still love this job, bit more viable solo ability for me on PUP. Constant haste is lovely as well.....
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-14 09:29:51  
If you're fighting alongside a dd puppet it's likely counterproductive to spam maneuvers the way you would with support puppet, cause the more you improve the puppet's performance through those the more you lower the master's(which is worth more than the puppet).
Only problem is you need wind up for Barrage, but bleh.
By erroneous42 2013-03-18 10:39:26  
New to pup here. After looking through sets in this thread im not seeing anything with moepapa stone, pantin dastanas +2. Is it safe to assume auto haste isn't a concern as i could still be using those items and hit 25% on myself with my current gear & get 9 on auto? If it matters i will be using primarily for dyna to start.
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2013-03-28 22:23:24  
Omodaka Hizayoroi vs Usukane Hizayoroi +1 for legs

wondering of the 20 attack for TP is worth the trade off for 6% haste for automaton.

Between this and the other pieces of auto haste, wasnt sure if its worth it to gear for haste in non-major acc needed situations, anyone else try pet haste sets?
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-28 23:34:16  
erroneous42 said: »
New to pup here. After looking through sets in this thread im not seeing anything with moepapa stone, pantin dastanas +2. Is it safe to assume auto haste isn't a concern as i could still be using those items and hit 25% on myself with my current gear & get 9 on auto? If it matters i will be using primarily for dyna to start.

I use the dastanas+2 if my auto is meleeing too or if I'm not meleeing, other situations just go with cirque guanti+2 or nom mitts.

Quetzalcoatl.Avengers said: »
Omodaka Hizayoroi vs Usukane Hizayoroi +1 for legs

wondering of the 20 attack for TP is worth the trade off for 6% haste for automaton.

Between this and the other pieces of auto haste, wasnt sure if its worth it to gear for haste in non-major acc needed situations, anyone else try pet haste sets?

Omodaka are really only if you're doing content along side your puppet, that your puppet won't get ripped to shreds in the process. Otherwise yeah usu+1 are pretty dope with the big att boost.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12