Puppetmaster TP gear
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-08-19 07:53:29  
Fenrir.Soulstealers said: »
So, is this set with AF3+2 hands instead and a Ghilie earring, "optimal"?

Also, regarding hidden effects, is Deluxe Animator the better choice, or is Animator +1 fine?
 Cerberus.Cahlum
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2012-08-19 08:48:24  
Augmented Pantin hands +2 maybe an option depending on what you are doing
 Sylph.Washburn
サーバ: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2012-08-19 08:59:13  
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

Also, regarding hidden effects, is Deluxe Animator the better choice, or is Animator +1 fine?

I've been using deluxe for a while now, the dex is all it gets (that anyone can prove) but honestly i don't think any animator is hands down way better than the other, unless it were to have more impressive stats.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-08-19 09:18:59  
Cerberus.Cahlum said: »
Augmented Pantin hands +2 maybe an option depending on what you are doing
I see, forgot about these.

Sylph.Washburn said: »

I've been using deluxe for a while now, the dex is all it gets (that anyone can prove) but honestly i don't think any animator is hands down way better than the other, unless it were to have more impressive stats.
So there is nothing about having a different overload rate and such?

If so, then any Animator will do I guess. Thanks.
 Sylph.Washburn
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2012-08-19 09:30:19  
The overload rate was either never proven or wasnt noticable during testing. I guess it just comes down to whats worth more to you, 2 more DEX, or +hp/Mp.
 Cerberus.Kuching
user: Kuching
By Cerberus.Kuching 2012-08-19 09:57:06  
I feel that +hp and mp is worth way more.

Harlequin Frame: HP+50, MP+50
Valoredge: HP+60
Stormwaker: HP+40, MP+60
Sharpshot: HP+45
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-08-19 10:24:12  
The main argument is obtention for me, really. I find it easier to pay Ampoules than do VW.
Seeing the little difference, it doesn't really matter since there is no difference in overload rate.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-08-19 10:25:23  
Depends how much your automaton's damage matters.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-08-19 10:32:28  
That's a good question.

Let's say that we can completely forget about the Automaton, except for the Animator slot. But, if it's better to have a "mixed" build (much like BST and Pet haste gear), I would rather have this as a goal.

I'm asking because I have all of this gear mentioned but if there is anything better, I would rather start working on it now.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-08-19 10:35:56  
Well without really knowing automaton's stats, it's hard to quantify. But obviously, the more buffed you are, the less an automaton's damage matters. I tend to keep the cirque legs and relic/cirque hands if I'm solo or with limited buffs, still situationally though depending on how long I keep an auto deployed and stuff.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-08-19 10:40:58  
I see, so this set with either AF2 or 3 situationally is the cream.

Need touches!

As for buffs, probably little to none. I really don't know what I'll be doing on PUP outside of soloing random things for kicks. Maybe VW... for kicks.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-08-19 10:43:28  
If I don't have my automaton deployed, or it's deployed out of melee range I use cirque hands, else if I have Valoredge or Sharpshot in melee range, I use Pantin ones. For the most part.
[+]
 Fenrir.Dibble
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2012-08-20 08:23:08  
Any love for murzim manopolas here? Let me guess, a spreadsheet says GTFO?
 Fenrir.Dibble
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2012-08-20 08:25:20  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
If I don't have my automaton deployed, or it's deployed out of melee range I use cirque hands, else if I have Valoredge or Sharpshot in melee range, I use Pantin ones. For the most part.
I have completely separate sets for Mage and Melee frames too. The Melee set generally subs in gear that add Haste to the Automaton.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2012-09-14 03:27:54  
Sylph.Washburn said: »
If youre using AF3 and newer gear, you only need 25% haste. I was testing the the haste effect on embrava when it was first added, and learned through testing that the old "i need 26% to cap 25% haste" was fixed for all newer gear. I'm sure some of you know how haste is read as a value 5% on byakko's haidate was read as 50/1024, so its actually slightly less than 5%. But with the gear i was testing on drk using dread spikes since its the longest recasted spell) i noticed that the newer gear's values were slightly over what percentage was read (5% now is 5.11111% but haste is always rounded down). Basically. Just aim for 25%. Its all you need.
This sounds like new.
Any further test you can link done by someone on a wider range of gear?

As for what Austar was trying to tell you Shotaro is that you probably got yourself confused with H2H skill, which goes in tiers.

Each H2H tier you go through, you get an additional +1 base damage. All the H2H skill you add that does NOT get you through a tier, will do nothing (aside from the obvious +acc/att).
For example let's say a +5skill ring puts you up a tier. This means that you're not getting just ~5att/acc, but also +1 Damage.
For instance in the same situation a +3 skill earring might not put you up a tier, meaning that in that situation the earring would "only" grant you ~3att/acc.
Each H2H requires roughly 10 skill.

For martial arts there are no "tiers". Each martial arts bonus on gear corresponds to a specific X number, -X Delay.
It's the same for the Martial Arts bonuses you get from job traits, each of them is worth a specific X number. For example the first one is -80delay, the successive ones are much less.
In light of this there are no "tiers" and each Martial Arts bonus you get grants you an effective -delay bonus despite of your current Martial Arts level.
Only exception to this would be if you're at attack delay cap because of March/Haste/Embrava/Samba etc, but this is usually not the case, especially for PUP.
 Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falsetto
By Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus 2012-09-14 11:01:30  
I had no idea about this, so I did some math to make sure for myself. I found out that the H2H Tiers works in a simple formula: (base skill x 0.11) + 3. Any remainder is dropped (e.g., 32.92 = 32 for purposes of DMG)

here's what I found for those curious;

404 Skill = 47 DMG (47.44)(PUP's Native B+ Cap at 99)
410 Skill = 48 DMG (48.10)
419 Skill = 49 DMG (49.09)(Maxed H2H Merits bring you to 420)
428 Skill = 50 DMG (50.08)
437 Skill = 51 DMG (51.07)
446 Skill = 52 DMG (52.06)

So using various combinations of H2H-Merits, Faith Torque, Cirque Capello+2, Bruiser's Earring, and whatever else H2H Skill gear you can find, it's easy to reach 428 and above skill and break the 50 DMG tier, which is pretty significant for PUP (not to mention well passed the A+ skill mark.)

So that's neat, thanks for that Sechs.
[+]
 Seraph.Nelo
サーバ: Seraph
user: nelo
By Seraph.Nelo 2012-09-28 00:18:43  
Sad as it is... I have trouble using the cirque legs for store tp set over thaumas cuz.... well it's hard to look at <.<

So yeah I usually just full time thaumas legs for that reason xD
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2012-10-05 10:29:07  
Siren.Lugado said: »
would toci's harness with the head be better for tp phase than the cirque gear and body? my gut says yes but I'm fairly new to pup

No one really answered this yet, Would -5 h2h Skill and 3% DA (as well as some set bonus) be worth the trade for Toci's and Oce helm(+1)? for the stats and triple attack+3%?

I just recently got a toci's and looking into mixing it into my gear, I'm on the verge of completing my Verethragna, so I'll be macroing it in for VS anyways.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-05 10:44:16  
Yes.
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2012-10-13 12:27:32  

This is my TP set for my PUP, I don't have those H2H, but I am determined to get them.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2012-10-25 17:56:33  
Rancorcous mantle.

and
Nomkahpa Mittens if you want to spend the gil etc.
 Sylph.Elgorian
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2012-10-29 01:02:50  

Is this a decent lowend goal to aim for? (Already have the boots)

Just lookin for some easy-ish stuff to toss together for now.
By Soulstealers 2012-10-29 01:12:20  
Sylph.Elgorian said: »

Is this a decent lowend goal to aim for? (Already have the boots)

Just lookin for some easy-ish stuff to toss together for now.
Rancorous Mantle and Usukane Feet would be nice.
 Sylph.Elgorian
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2012-10-29 01:19:23  
Yeah, don't have Usukane Feet,

Been eyeing Rancor for a few jobs... just haven't been able to commit to the price yet. XD
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-11-10 05:15:14  
So questions and stuff about pup:

1) Is stringing pummel worth getting w/ Vere but w/o Kenkonken? It didn't look like it but I don't want to miss something.

2)

Best TP set for pup assuming pup dmg doesn't matter? (if Acc mattered I think I might switch pup head to tenryu mask +1 with 7 haste although I doubt I'd use pup for anything acc mattered)

3)

Not so much a question but confirming what, I believe it was, Sagi told me that the random stat bonuses when equipping attachments are glitches.

Also, this was probably known, but sphere effects do not work on pets.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-10 05:26:33  
Stringing Pummel can do damage not too far from an average VS, but unless you have mythic it will never beat smite, maybe with some lucky spikes, but it is in general inferior.

As for the automaton stats it's maneuvers only that give them, or a few animators hidden effect.
 Sylph.Jkun
user: Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2012-11-11 18:57:04  
Updated my sets, still a WIP though, PW is being shitty.

TP:

Victory Smite:

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
3) Not so much a question but confirming what, I believe it was, Sagi told me that the random stat bonuses when equipping attachments are glitches.

Yeah it's a glitch. If you remove them and try again the stats should disappear. Additionally, after you cap your Automaton's skill and wear +skill gear or merit your Automaton skill, it will continue to skill up into the new "cap", this is also a glitch and capping these "hidden" skill points do not increase performance. (ie; you only need to spend merit points, not spend merit points then skill up again!)
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-11-11 19:10:41  

Not so much a question but confirming what, I believe it was, Sagi told me that the random stat bonuses when equipping attachments are glitches.
I feel insulted for being confused for Sagi.
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-11-11 20:48:32  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »

I feel insulted for being confused for Sagi.
I'm sorry, I ment no insult!
 Asura.Wolfandre
サーバ: Asura
user: Wolfandre
By Asura.Wolfandre 2012-11-21 02:55:49  
Maybe a silly question...

If you already rock the +10 merits in MP, is Oneiros Ring a valid substitute for Rajas? I would think no, as the Store TP goes off every round, whilst Triple Attack doesn't, but with enough +Triple Attack (from Thaumas, etc.), I just wonder if it would be worth it.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12