フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Puppetmaster TP gear
Puppetmaster TP gear
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-11-21 03:03:46  
If you already have the mp merits, oneiros is quite nice for tp.
By Erlayn 2012-11-21 14:09:14  
Here is my current setup. Pretty happy with it.

Siren.Vanian
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Vanian 2012-11-21 17:37:13  
Erlayn said: »
Here is my current setup. Pretty happy with it.

Can swop neck to cirque, back to pantin, and pick a ghillie up )there about 10k on my server) 3 quick easy upgrades, oh, just noticed feet, the set bonus of 5/5 cirque isn't worth tping in cirque feet, grab some aurore until you can get something better. Not that theres much better feet to tp in, usukane, athos or Savateur's Gaiters are probably the only ones
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2012-11-21 18:36:08  
I agree with Vanian about the boots, you are better off with something like Savateur's and for the back another decent option would be a Blithe Mantle to stack up with the Cirque Capello/Twilight Sash/Epona's. Another thought if you have H2H merits maxed is to get a Bruiser's Earring to keep the highest damage tier you can when you replace the Faith Torque with a Cirque Necklace. One last thought, I realize that Revenant Fists are a pain to get and you probably don't want to just cast them aside but Stringing Pummel is going to be on par with, if not higher than your VS's on pup so you might consider something with a higher damage and some better stats. Brawney Adargas are a decent choice, or go for a weapon like STR/ATT Magian claws or if you're like me and have fun stacking PDT- and whatnot go for the PDT- claws, you get the higher damage, PDT-11%, and VIT+11 which is a mod for Pummel.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-12-16 16:03:35  
Keep in mind Im not completely familiar with pup gear. If you dont see yourself trying to get some nni done soon id say aiming for a few pieces from the new salvage would work great. Omodaka legs obviously for pet haste would be useful. Usu +1 feet looks sexy for TP like you said. Usu +1 head doesnt seem that much worse than af3+2 but i figure it could still be used as hybrid evasion *if pups rock that* when those situations arise & maybe Omodaka body for Pummel? :x

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Balias
サーバ: Siren
user: Balias
By Siren.Balias 2012-12-18 15:14:36  
Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »
Keep in mind Im not completely familiar with pup gear. If you dont see yourself trying to get some nni done soon id say aiming for a few pieces from the new salvage would work great. Omodaka legs obviously for pet haste would be useful. Usu +1 feet looks sexy for TP like you said. Usu +1 head doesnt seem that much worse than af3+2 but i figure it could still be used as hybrid evasion *if pups rock that* when those situations arise & maybe Omodaka body for Pummel? :x
Hmm, some good suggestions here, PuP has great evade so some more hybrid evade never hurts. Its not so much I dont have access to NNI its just I dont even know where to start, it seems like a l/s centric event. The whole SCH or GTFO deters me slightly, but im also told its pretty gear dependent if you want to even have a chance at floor 100. Because PUP is my first class im gearing im slowly working on af3 +1 then +2 and ill give it a shot. Also thought id ask if blithe is really that great compared to rancor >.>?

I feel you, if you don't have the required top geared job, getting an invite to NNI is nearly impossible. Pup isn't viewed as a good job to help get to floor 100. Only have 4 99 jobs and unfortunately none of them have top gear. Plus 1 AF3 so far with a couple +3 ToM weapons.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-18 19:26:43  
You can gear up war easy with an AH greatsword and resolution. Anyone who says you need an Ukon for it is an idiot.

Post deleted by User.
By Cleaver 2012-12-18 21:26:18  
Apoc DRK > Rag DRK > MNK > WAR for NNI
By Cleaver 2012-12-18 21:49:32  
Trying to find some use for the new salvage gears....
By Cleaver 2012-12-18 21:52:38  
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-12-18 22:03:18  
i highly doubt mnk > war & its even more surprising that sam isnt mentioned. sam drk & war are top 3 dd's for nni.

af3 legs & nom hands.
By Cleaver 2012-12-18 22:07:15  
sam and war lack any form of untility in NNI
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-12-18 22:29:42  
Im guessing you mean utility? What else do you need besides fast TP gain & Powerful ws dmg to one-shot fodder/destroy bosses?
By Cleaver 2012-12-18 22:33:00  
Lets take away everything that is the same in these combos and see what is left:

AF3 Legs + Nomkahpa Mittens
DEF:74 Enhances "Martial Arts" effect

vs

Usk. Gote +1 + Thaumas Kecks
DEF:79 Accuracy+17 Evasion+13 Attack+4 "Subtle Blow"+7 "Counter"+4
HP+40 STR+6 AGI+9 DEX+2 AGI+2 MND+2

Not sure if -10 delay will make up for the loss of all these stats ....
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-12-18 22:37:55  
As well as 1% haste
By Cleaver 2012-12-18 23:00:27  
Could always switch out Usk. Somen +1 [5% Haste] for Cirque Capello +2 [6% Haste] would loose 1 DA and a few acc but thats about it.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Cleaver 2012-12-18 23:10:39  
Both give "Enhances Martial Arts effect gives Delay -10"

Which together would be the same as an extra Tier of Martial Arts.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-12-18 23:18:20  
Really the best hand slot is probably tenryu tekko aug'd but i wasnt going to pull that 1 out seeing as so few own them. Delay reduction(Haste/Marches/DW/Martial Arts etc) is the strongest stat in the game. Disregarding it for stats that arent needed for the job in question isnt a good idea. What is pup used for now days? Abys/Dynamis & maybe solo some nms for fun? Cant really see accuracy being a bigger help than faster hits per round. Evasion? If you really need it use a hybrid evasion set. In a TP set though, focus should be gaining TP quickly & efficiently to spam ws.
 Bahamut.Caelestis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2012-12-19 00:31:38  
This my full-fledged (master oriented) current TP set i use on PUP:

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-19 12:29:41  
Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Really the best hand slot is probably tenryu tekko aug'd but i wasnt going to pull that 1 out seeing as so few own them. Delay reduction(Haste/Marches/DW/Martial Arts etc) is the strongest stat in the game. Disregarding it for stats that arent needed for the job in question isnt a good idea. What is pup used for now days? Abys/Dynamis & maybe solo some nms for fun? Cant really see accuracy being a bigger help than faster hits per round. Evasion? If you really need it use a hybrid evasion set. In a TP set though, focus should be gaining TP quickly & efficiently to spam ws.
Wow, those gloves are quite solid, doesn't tell me at all what the abjuration drops from tho. And how much haste does -10 delay give?
None.
[+]
By luckycharms1877 2012-12-19 12:30:54  
Side Note: Tenryu Tekko +1 is +2% Double Atk

I put together what my setup will look like soonish. I feel this is the best TP set for Pup Currently
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-12-19 13:09:26  
Well this is the exact setup i was just talking about, but yeah this is the most likely the most optimal atm.

edit: Still not positive about usu +1 head vs af3+2 though. for something like that you have to check if the skill gained brings you up a tier in dmg and i'd put a little consideration on the af3 set bonus *not a lot definitely, but worth mentioning*. if SE made it so set bonus for usu +1 works with partial sets, then that will change up some things.
[+]
By luckycharms1877 2012-12-19 13:15:33  
Well this is the exact setup i was just talking about, but yeah this is the most likely the most optimal atm.

edit: Still not positive about usu +1 head vs af3+2 though. for something like that you have to check if the skill gained brings you up a tier in dmg and i'd put a little consideration on the af3 set bonus *not a lot definitely, but worth mentioning*. if SE made it so set bonus for usu +1 works with partial sets, then that will change up some things.
very true
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12