First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12
By luckycharms1877 2012-12-19 13:16:45  
I think most will be happy to get outta Cirque Hat me thinks
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-19 13:18:25  
Partial set bonuses would be the ***. That would make Ares+1 very desirable too I think. As far as pup TP though, it would change a few things, but not TOO much.

edit:
luckycharms1877 said: »

Hell nah, I love that thing lol
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-12-19 13:38:11  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
luckycharms1877 said: »

Hell nah, I love that thing lol
[+] That that was the whole reason I had 3 lvl 85+ pups.
Along gear lines though, i'm inclined to think af3+2 hat and Omo. sune-ate (or thaumas shoes if the dex gives you decent ammount of crit for tp) will be better than usu head/feet +1 if acc doesn't matter (most content you will actually bring pup to).
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-19 13:41:16  
Omo sune-ate are the new best sam WS feet anyways, so yeah, I'd invest in those. They do seem like good TP shoes if your haste is capped and all that. And acc isn't too major of an issue on pup. There is always pizza/h2h merits, they get good acc gear and have surprisingly high dex.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-12-19 13:56:20  
Odin.Sawtelle said: »
if the dex gives you decent ammount of crit for tp) .

This is a problem with the set i had mentioned earlier. It is severely lacking in dex to have good crit hit rate. not sure what pup's crit hit rate usually looks like, but i would probably be more inclined towards thaumas feet over omodaka. 6str vs 11 dex 11vit 11mnd (not that the latter 2 do much) & 4attack. As you said though, comes down to what your ddex looks like.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2012-12-28 06:08:20  
I messed up a bit with PUP TP and WS sets on the spreadsheet, trying to include gear from over the last months.
Chose a normal outside abyssea setup without any external buff except for Haste and Bison Steak.
Target were EM Buffaloes.

I didn't mess up much with accessories (Pantin cape, Cirque necklace, Brutal, Kemas, Epona, Rajas, Turbo animator, Twilight belt) but did a lot of tests with the new gear.
Appearently Usukane+1 head is really good and comes way above of almost everything else.
Head: Usu+1
Body: Thaumas
Hands: Cirque+2
Legs: Thaumas
Feet: Thaumas

Omodaka feet come very close, but once you factor in the Thaumas set bonus they're slightly behind.
Usukane+1 feet could be an interesting option, but they give you more haste than necessary. I couldn't find ways to cut haste on the hands and head slots to make the overall dps higher than the combination I posted.
Omodaka legs are behind too, altough the spreadsheet doesn't fully take into account the pet haste thing. If for some reason you're using DD pet these legs might be a nice option.
Even Abbatteur subligar is slightly behind.

Then I tested a bit with WS setup, Victory Smite:
Head: Nemetona > Usukane+1 > Thaumas
Body: Matanca > Toci's > Tessera > Kudzu > Usukane+1
Hands: Myrmex > Mustela > Miodio > Cirque+2/Athos
Legs: Abatteur / Thaumas / Usukane+1
Feet: Omodaka > Cirque/Thaumas

Now the head slot really surprised me. I didn't expect anything to beat Thaumas.
And body surprised me too, with the new Crit bonus on Usukane I totally wasn't expecting to see it that far behind.
For Hands Athos isn't worth unless you're making use of the set bonus appearently, and Usukane+1 of course come behind Abatteur.
For legs they're all pretty much close to each other. I still have a feeling Abatteur and Usu+1 should be slightly better than Thaumas but the difference with the other two is probably pretty much insignificant.
Omodaka wins in feet, and Thaumas is really close to Cirque+2, with Set bonus Thaumas might be on par.

On a side note, it was also a surprise to see the two new Blut-something weapons (both NQ and HQ) beat the STR TotM and Brawny adargas weapons.
Also, despite Stringing Pummel having different mods, the result is more or less the same as above.

From this perspective it seems that:
  • Usukane+1 head is a really nice TP option and quite a good WS one as well.

• Omodaka feet is an excellent WS piece, altough the difference from Thaumas/Cirque+2 isn't that huge (especially on Vsmite).

• Usukane+1 body is disappointing.

• Usukane+1 feet could have potential in some setups, but if you have thaumas body you really have no need for it.

• Usukane+1 legs is an interesting piece, but probably not worth over Thaumas/Abatteur.

• Omodaka legs doesn't display particularly good results, but it probably has potential if you're interested in synergy with your automaton.

• Omodaka body is a nice piece for Stringing Pummel, but not better than Matanca Harness.

Anybody has anything else to add? Something that I missed?
Something about the pet-synergy set? Could be something like this:

Head: Murzim
Body: Thaumas
Hands: Pantin+2
Legs: Omodaka
Feet: Uhm... Usu+1?
Waist: Moepapa
For a total of 19% pet haste. Add Turbo Charger and this could be an interesting setup for Kenkonken users maybe?
Altough I'm not sure if the 19% haste your automaton would gain could compensate for the loss in the TP set of the master (from 187 to 169 dps).
And if you're soloing I suppose you'd be using RDM or WHM pet anyway, for which haste would have very little relevance.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-28 12:00:08  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Now the head slot really surprised me. I didn't expect anything to beat Thaumas.
And body surprised me too, with the new Crit bonus on Usukane I totally wasn't expecting to see it that far behind.
For Hands Athos isn't worth unless you're making use of the set bonus appearently, and Usukane+1 of course come behind Abatteur.
For legs they're all pretty much close to each other. I still have a feeling Abatteur and Usu+1 should be slightly better than Thaumas but the difference with the other two is probably pretty much insignificant.
Omodaka wins in feet, and Thaumas is really close to Cirque+2, with Set bonus Thaumas might be on par.
Considering you said it was an even match target, the gains from crits aren't as amazing as they would be on a higher level target. Matanca should be slightly behind or equal to Toci's most of the time, hands looks right. Legs are about the same in most situations, and feet look right too. Most of this will change depending on mob's level and evasion, though.

My current standard TP set, except with Thaumas legs until I finish Usk. +1. Rancorous mantle when able.
By rafien 2012-12-28 12:51:29  
Ramuh.Austar said: »

My current standard TP set, except with Thaumas legs until I finish Usk. +1. Rancorous mantle when able.

What about switching the waist to the Moepapa stone?
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-12-28 13:11:01  
Why would you do that??
[+]
 Ragnarok.Azryel
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-01-02 14:38:10  
I was feeling pretty good about mine until I saw the one a couple posts above this lol

What I'm using:

(Verethragna is 90)
By rafien 2013-01-04 10:14:37  
Alright,

(Verethrangna is 85)

Now, my question is. Would removing the Athos' and use the Cirque Scarpe +2 be better. Because without the Athos' I'm already at 25% haste.

I think the evasion bonus's Athos' provides is better for tanking, but call me stupid :).

Also, why does everyone use the Pantin Cape over the Vellaunus' when the Vallanus' provides more Attack, more Def and gives subtle Blows?

Now would switching out Ethereal for the Ghillie Earring +1 be a better idea. I see it gives 4 more attack, but losing the evasion.

Last piece is my neck, what about switching out the Rancor's Collar and placing the Agasaya's Collar there instead.

Look forward to hearing constructive criticism of my gear.
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-01-04 10:20:49  
Switch the shoes, rancor back(vellanus' if you dont want the dmg taken +10%+cirque neck, ghille is better than Ethereal

Edit: also in almost every situation (anything you are meleeing along w/ your puppet) twilight belt
By blackmagus 2013-01-04 10:22:33  
No raf, you can't come pup
<3
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-01-04 10:30:27  
rafien said: »
Alright,

(Verethrangna is 85)

Now, my question is. Would removing the Athos' and use the Cirque Scarpe +2 be better. Because without the Athos' I'm already at 25% haste.

I think the evasion bonus's Athos' provides is better for tanking, but call me stupid :).

Also, why does everyone use the Pantin Cape over the Vellaunus' when the Vallanus' provides more Attack, more Def and gives subtle Blows?

Now would switching out Ethereal for the Ghillie Earring +1 be a better idea. I see it gives 4 more attack, but losing the evasion.

Last piece is my neck, what about switching out the Rancor's Collar and placing the Agasaya's Collar there instead.

Look forward to hearing constructive criticism of my gear.

Pretty much what Sawtelle said. The reason why people use Patin back is partially for the same reason you are trying to rock Moepapa waist over Twilight. 5 DEX can potentially be better than 5 attack & the subtle blow if your current build is low on DEX (which is the problem with a lot of multi-attack builds for pup). It could possibly raise your crit hit rate which will do a lot more than what Vallanus has to offer & the +15 pet attack is just a bonus. Moepapa waist is great for the pet build, but for your TP set should use twilight. The gains arent worth losing twilight belt
By rafien 2013-01-04 10:30:50  
Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Switch the shoes, rancor back(vellanus' if you dont want the dmg taken +10%+cirque neck, ghille is better than Ethereal

Edit: also in almost every situation (anything you are meleeing along w/ your puppet) twilight belt

Why use the Twilight belt, with the stone I'm at 25% haste so I lose 2%, the stone gives 5% haste to puppet as well as CHR boost.

Is the 2% double attack that much better?

Also, if I go with the Rancor Mantle, I would than need to switch the to Aga for neck piece. They do not stack, is that correct? EDIT: Cirque Necklace would probably be better suited?

and
blackmagus said: »
No raf, you can't come pup
<3

Damnit Mags. I'm coming PUP ;)
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-01-04 10:41:06  
Because the cape can be stored and PUP damage is mediocre anyways. And Rancorous beats both when I'm not worried about the extra damage.

Is the 2% double attack that much better?
Yes and it also lets you swap to +2 legs and Thaumas Nails.
By dustinfoley 2013-01-04 10:46:42  
I would say if you are capped haste, and using a melee frame, then definitely use moepapa>>>> twilight belt

get af+2 gloves (pantin dastanas +2) to go with your pet haste belt.
(4% haste gloves for a total of 9%)

Depending on how high end you want to go:
omo. hiyzayoroi legs (4% pet haste - total of 13)
murzim head (6% pet haste - total of 19)
By rafien 2013-01-04 11:59:35  
Alright,

my new build:

Where should I start on working on new gear. Currently, I am working on getting the new Salvage, Usu, gear. But outside that and also picking up Thaumas. Where should I start working on improvements?
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-01-04 12:06:13  
af3 legs/thaumas feet
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-05 03:47:03  
Raf, in almost any situation in which your puppet is meleeing I'd think the AF2+2 hands would be better. 4% haste for you and your puppet.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-01-05 05:52:20  

Just curious how is this for a PUP TP set? :x
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-05 11:21:11  
Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »

Just curious how is this for a PUP TP set? :x

If you're gonna go the usu+1 route, wouldn't the gote+1 be better? I don't think you're losing haste due to set bonuses and you get 1% more DA, no?
 Fairy.Lumine
サーバ: Fairy
user: LumineV2
By Fairy.Lumine 2013-01-06 22:03:41  
To those considering stacking pet haste: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/108198-Random-Facts-Thread-Traits-and-Stats-(Player-and-Monster)?p=5519918&viewfull=1#post5519918

Seems Turbo Charger counts as gear haste, unfortunately. So together with the player's gear, it'll cap at 25%.

Personally, I always keep at least one wind maneuver active when using valoredge or sharpshot anyway, which of course, with Turbo Charger, provides 15% haste. Therefore, I only need an additional 10% through gear to cap-- easily achieved through wearing Pantin Dastanas +2 and Omodaka Hizayoroi, both of which are respectable TP pieces for the master, too!
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-06 22:07:45  
Why would you not assume it was gear haste anyways? It is something you equip after all.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-01-06 22:10:09  
cuz se does things dumb
 Fairy.Lumine
サーバ: Fairy
user: LumineV2
By Fairy.Lumine 2013-01-07 00:20:33  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Why would you not assume it was gear haste anyways? It is something you equip after all.

I did assume as such, actually. It just wasn't until I saw this thread that I thought to really research it. Then I figured I'd play the good samaritan and report my findings, in hopes of stopping fellow PUPs from making poor gear choices ^^
[+]
By Balias 2013-01-12 11:57:09  
Cleaver said: »
Lets take away everything that is the same in these combos and see what is left:

AF3 Legs + Nomkahpa Mittens
DEF:74 Enhances "Martial Arts" effect

vs

Usk. Gote +1 + Thaumas Kecks
DEF:79 Accuracy+17 Evasion+13 Attack+4 "Subtle Blow"+7 "Counter"+4
HP+40 STR+6 AGI+9 DEX+2 AGI+2 MND+2

Not sure if -10 delay will make up for the loss of all these stats ....

Nomkapha Mittens are going for 25 Mill on siren, for that much gil they should be able to one shot a nm while I'm afk...
 Leviathan.Veltan
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kethrel
By Leviathan.Veltan 2013-01-18 17:05:29  
Current set:

Planned upgrades in the short term, +2 on head and hands, and I'm not sure I could get the NNI gear because just came back and my old LS is gone, and salvage is going to be take a while. What are some upgrades for each piece for the interim? Mustela body/feet?
 Ragnarok.Azryel
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-01-18 17:26:49  
Leviathan.Veltan said: »
Current set:

Planned upgrades in the short term, +2 on head and hands, and I'm not sure I could get the NNI gear because just came back and my old LS is gone, and salvage is going to be take a while. What are some upgrades for each piece for the interim? Mustela body/feet?

+2 head/legs and Mustela Boots would cap your haste... At a glance it looks like it would fill all your immediate puppeteer needs.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12