is jaw-dropping... O.O

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Tlalpoloani

higher base dmg than even spharai

Bismarck.Danz
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2013-03-27 09:54:13  
i'm working towards a spharai and this kinda disappoints. unless its going to be as difficult if not more to obtain. if it is one of the "high end" rewards from the new events. hopefully SE considers bringing relic/empy/mythic up to par.
[+]
 Asura.Tot
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Tot 2013-03-27 09:54:21  
Oh my.
 Sylph.Organic
サーバ: Sylph
user: Organic
By Sylph.Organic 2013-03-27 09:57:54  
You also gotta consider the AM and ODD right?
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2013-03-27 09:58:30  
i bet this is from the T-Rex Boss Mob
 Sylph.Organic
By Sylph.Organic 2013-03-27 10:05:51  
Cerberus.Kodaijin said: »
Sylph.Organic said: »
I did

yikes

Looks like its time to get back on that SE hamster wheel!
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-03-27 10:15:48  
Bismarck.Danz said: »
hopefully SE considers bringing relic/empy/mythic up to par.

Matsui said: »
We are not planning to enhance relic, mythic, or empyrean weapons via Trial of the Magians or through other methods.

Don't see how everyone keeps missing/ignoring this.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/36950/dev-matsui-to-all-adventurers-and-pioneers/4/#2271027
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-03-27 10:16:58  
Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »

We are not planning to enhance relic, mythic, or empyrean weapons via Trial of the Magians or through other methods.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/36950/dev-matsui-to-all-adventurers-and-pioneers/4/#2271027
They said they are intending to make the Evolith system not awful, so my guess is something along those lines.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2013-03-27 10:17:25  
He also contradicts himself one sentence later.
 Sylph.Organic
By Sylph.Organic 2013-03-27 10:19:01  
It could mean that they just decide to buff them

"through other means" could just mean that they don't plan to have some quest for it; they just revamp the stats or ODD or AM
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-03-27 10:20:39  

However, in regards to these weapons that you have enhanced up to level 99, we are formulating plans so that they do not go to waste. (Including the weapons that do not yet have their afterglows.)
Might want to try quoting the other parts. I just don't know how people miss this?!! omg!
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-03-27 10:20:58  
1. Fix Evolith system to make it not suck.
2. Allow Evoliths to be used on 99 REM weapons
3. ????
4. REM weapons become even better.
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2013-03-27 10:24:31  
Incoming: Final Heaven "Deals Critical Damage. Aftermath: Increases critical hit rate" or something along those lines...

/enddream
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-03-27 10:27:43  
Phoenix.Morier said: »
However, in regards to these weapons that you have enhanced up to level 99, we are formulating plans so that they do not go to waste. (Including the weapons that do not yet have their afterglows.)
Might want to try quoting the other parts. I just don't know how people miss this?!! omg!

But they are planning something... we just dont know what

Don't go to waste sounds like a pretty *** weak endorsement to me.

"Will continue to reign supreme" would have been great, "will remain among the top options" would have been disheartening but somewhat acceptable, "won't go to waste" is pretty *** weak, and incidentally, smells suspiciously like Evoliths.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-03-27 10:38:33  
I have no idea what they could possibly do, but, sitting around with 90 Verethragna is all of the sudden really a shitty situation. Granted, Victory Smite, and I'm sure that the mats for them are going to be rough, but, even the crafted h2h are pretty damned hot. D:

Guess I'll have to wait and see and really hope I don't regret turning in all those HMPs.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-03-27 10:44:00  
Yeah. I complete Spharai today (after getting a loan). I don't regret it at all, but yeesh, sitting on the 95 while building gil for the marrows suddenly seems a lot more terrible than it did.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-03-27 10:46:07  
If it's any comfort, I'm guessing these weapons won't exactly be a walk in the park to obtain, but it'd be insane to outdate REM weapons when all of them can take a couple months to get to 99 unless you're like, doing 3 dynamis runs every day or something similarly insane.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-03-27 10:48:06  
Leviathan.Kincard said: »
If it's any comfort, I'm guessing these weapons won't exactly be a walk in the park to obtain

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Bismarck.Amearth said: »
Who is to say that this weapon doesn't take 30,000 pieces of Odinrite and 20 different quests to obtain till we know how you get it they are just numbers, if they drop like candy from a mob then yeah i think people will be upset.

It's a drop from the Naakuals.

yeaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
By Ophannus 2013-03-27 10:56:50  
Maybe these are the base items for the new ultimate weapons for this expansion.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-03-27 11:56:16  
If it's any comfort, I'm guessing these weapons won't exactly be a walk in the park to obtain

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Bismarck.Amearth said: »
Who is to say that this weapon doesn't take 30,000 pieces of Odinrite and 20 different quests to obtain till we know how you get it they are just numbers, if they drop like candy from a mob then yeah i think people will be upset.

It's a drop from the Naakuals.

yeaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I don't see what you're trying to prove. It's a drop off a new NM. The NM might be hard, the drop rate might be low, we don't know anything about how they're obtained other than that they're very likely coming off certain NMs. I didn't say they wouldn't be easier to obtain than REM weapons. You are acting like these weapons are things known to be obtained within a couple hours of playing when it's just as possible they are almost as annoying to obtain as a pulse weapon.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-03-27 12:00:40  
Well, the Naku...whatevers, are new HNMs from what i can tell, right? They didnt look like they were in Instanced zones from the Live Feeds... So, Um, They could very well be new World-Spawn HNMs.

Since you know how much all of us wanted those back.

(If they've stated they were event related somewhere please update me on that, I'd like the fear of afk botting becoming king again at rest)
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-03-27 12:04:13  
Quote:
Wildskeeper Reives

The goal of a wildskeeper reive is to vanquish a Naakual, one of the most terrifying fiends in Ulbuka.
* A key item is required to participate in wildskeeper reives.
* The key item is exchanged for permission to participate in the reive at the time of entry, which is revoked once the reive ends. Therefore, while players may remain in the area after concluding a wildskeeper reive, they cannot participate in another wildskeeper reive.

So
-we don't know how to obtain the KI
-we don't know if its even a drop or a token system
-we don't know what the drop rate is if its a drop rate

I'm not saying they won't decide to make these drop like candy, but I wish some people would quit acting we already know these will be laughably easy to obtain.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-03-27 12:06:11  
Quote:
Wildskeeper Reives

The goal of a wildskeeper reive is to vanquish a Naakual, one of the most terrifying fiends in Ulbuka.
* A key item is required to participate in wildskeeper reives.
* The key item is exchanged for permission to participate in the reive at the time of entry, which is revoked once the reive ends. Therefore, while players may remain in the area after concluding a wildskeeper reive, they cannot participate in another wildskeeper reive.

So
-we don't know how to obtain the KI
-we don't know if its even a drop or a token system
-we don't know what the drop rate is if its a drop rate

I'm not saying they won't decide to make these drop like candy, but I wish some people would quit acting we already know these will be laughably easy to obtain.

CaptainOptimisticsunshine, Thanks for that, really helps to know this information. :D
By Chyula 2013-03-27 12:12:16  
Make all REM ws 100% mod and increase base dmg 10% across all level tier.
[+]
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-03-27 12:38:44  
Sylph.Organic said: »
I did

Hmm. What sort of setup? Messing about with the spreadsheet, at best I'm seeing the Tlol tie with a lvl 90 Vere when you include 30% ODD. Lvl 99 Vere is still barely ahead even without ODD.
[+]
 Bismarck.Danz
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2013-03-27 12:39:39  
awsome! updated. and NOT in 10 hours... now to spam "retry" for 1-2 hours for a simple scan
First Page 2