users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Verified by visa/secure code
Verified by visa/secure code
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Garuda.Littledarc
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-07-28 22:26:42  
kinda pissed off that this is required as of the 29th.

i'd rather not verify, and SE not giving me the choice is just irritating.

what are people that do not have visa/mastercard suppose to do. oooo call customer service...fun.
[+]
 Valefor.Suicidekingg
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Suicidekingg 2009-07-28 22:46:18  
huh?
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-07-28 23:36:40  
geez you guys don't read the pol page do you. http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news16615.shtml
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-28 23:40:46  
nope..I didnt read or know o.o
thanks.
 Valefor.Suicidekingg
By Valefor.Suicidekingg 2009-07-28 23:42:05  
does this just mean all new register or existing? cause my bank/card dont have this. reject my attempt
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-07-28 23:42:40  
Just checked the EU side of POL, and it doesnt say anything about this there. Hoping this wont apply to EU users, since im using an online cc that generates a new nr everytime I use it i doubt it could be verified anywhere :(
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2009-07-28 23:57:32  
wait wait so basicly people whos bank doesnt apply for the secure crap cant play no more, becouse you cannot register your card with t hose sites they send youtoo. to get a code?
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-07-29 00:03:52  
That message doesn't appear on the EU site,not that I can see anyway.
I am already using the verified by visa service but I can see how this is going to piss people off!

This is all I see about payment methods:

Payment Methods[Credit Card]
VISA or MasterCard are accepted (all countries).

[Debit Card]
MasterCard Maestro, SOLO, SWITCH, and Carte Bleue are accepted.
SOLO and SWITCH can only be used by those residing in the U.K.
Carte Bleue can only be used by those residing in France.

[Bank Transfer]
ELV (Elektronisches Lastschriftverfahren) can only be used by those residing in Germany.
 Valefor.Suicidekingg
By Valefor.Suicidekingg 2009-07-29 00:04:15  
i'm starting to think that aswell. My bank does not so i believe im no longer gonna be able play....

it does say NEW so maybe means exsisting is ok.
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2009-07-29 00:10:12  
I *** really hopeso or else I will *** piss I work soo hard on that char, enless nights gf piss at me for playing too much and to lose my hard work, Hell no
 Shiva.Drteeth
サーバ: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-07-29 00:22:04  
Quote:
5.2(e) Credit Card Authentication.
For your protection, SEI now requires that all new credit cards used for Fees be registered with either Verified by Visa(R) or MasterCard SecureCode(R).

Seems this is only for ~new~ players. The first step in killing off FFXI? Eh, who knows? Also, the info does mention getting a full refund for your software purchase in case you can't register with those sites.

Basically, if you already play, stop worrying so much.

Edit: The refund applies to people who purchased FFXI within 30 days of trying to register.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-07-29 00:28:05  
Sounds to me like no more RMT on trial accounts who use prepaid/online w/e c.c. Might stop a few legit ppl starting up, but i've helped too many ppl get magicked skulls this month to care XD
[+]
 Carbuncle.Akada
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Akada
By Carbuncle.Akada 2009-07-29 00:35:30  
This is... uber gay :<
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-07-29 00:41:56  
is the verified by visa site not working for anyone else, or just me?

EDIT - apparently the site they give on PoL, www.VerifiedByVisa.com isnt a real site >.>

the real link is https://usa.visa.com/personal/security/vbv/index.html dumb *** SE... i tell you what....

EDIT#2 - and apparently my card isnt eligible for verified by visa. *** wonderful...
 Caitsith.Zeluha
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Zeluha
By Caitsith.Zeluha 2009-07-29 01:13:13  
Guys... It says straight up for NEW cards. [edit: NEW cards and accounts that are younger than 30 days old.]

Existing accounts/cards are unaffected as of what I can read.

See also: Banks and Credit companies can verify them already and will DENY you when you attempt to verify manually- you need to check with your card too!
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-07-29 01:24:46  
Zeluha said:
Guys... It says straight up for NEW cards. [edit: NEW cards and accounts that are younger than 30 days old.]

See also: Banks and Credit companies can verify them already and will DENY you when you attempt to verify manually- you need to check with your card too!

read the "Notice of New Security Features for PlayOnline"

* If you are a current PlayOnline member and your credit card company does not support this service, please contact the Information Center for further assistance. Be sure to have the payment method ready when you contact the Information Center.

im sure all theyll say is youre SOL if your card isnt eligible for it.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zeluha
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Zeluha
By Caitsith.Zeluha 2009-07-29 01:32:46  
Quipto said:
Zeluha said:

read the "Notice of New Security Features for PlayOnline"

* If you are a current PlayOnline member and your credit card company does not support this service, please contact the Information Center for further assistance. Be sure to have the payment method ready when you contact the Information Center.

im sure all theyll say is youre SOL if your card isnt eligible for it.

User submitted image
User submitted image

Now yes, your quote is correct, but they are probably going to allow you to verify the account if you have the payment sitting on it for a long period of time. Basically, they're trying to stop the SELLING of accounts over and over- and fraudulent payment types- specifically chargeable VISAs and stuff that don't deny payments for a while after it's "cleared".

I can't say that things aren't going to be wacko for those who aren't verified, but you shouldn't need to rush and certify all your credit cards tonight over this minor minor update.

(sorry for the quick paint job- lol)
 Siren.Wilimac
サーバ: Siren
user: Wilimac
By Siren.Wilimac 2009-07-29 02:09:49  
Ok since my CC is exp at the end of the month will new one they send me (but same number) be concidered new?
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-07-29 03:32:44  
either way you take it, everyone's card will expire at some point and then even though your number is the same it's technically a different card for them once you update. -crosses fingers and hopes 14 isn't gonna be gay like this-
 Asura.Severna
サーバ: Asura
user: Magellan
By Asura.Severna 2009-07-29 03:52:25  
Kunimitsu said:
Sounds to me like no more RMT on trial accounts who use prepaid/online w/e c.c. Might stop a few legit ppl starting up, but i've helped too many ppl get magicked skulls this month to care XD

^ This.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-07-29 10:10:10  
Wilimac said:
Ok since my CC is exp at the end of the month will new one they send me (but same number) be concidered new?

Nope. Changing the number / exp date / security code shouldn't matter.

However changing the payment method (from VISA to MC for example) = considered new. (or registering a new account).
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-07-29 10:13:38  
Quipto said:
is the verified by visa site not working for anyone else, or just me?

EDIT - apparently the site they give on PoL, www.VerifiedByVisa.com isnt a real site >.>

the real link is https://usa.visa.com/personal/security/vbv/index.html dumb *** SE... i tell you what....

Protip : URL redirection. Because verifiedbyvisa.com sounds better than the "real" URL which is *** long.

(sorry for the double post :< mistake)
 Phoenix.Xanderzt
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Steelrat
By Phoenix.Xanderzt 2009-07-29 10:32:10  
Antipika said:
Wilimac said:

However changing the payment method (from VISA to MC for example) = considered new. (or registering a new account).

Changing the number / exp date / security code counts as new
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-07-29 10:38:58  
Drteeth said:
Seems this is only for ~new~ players. The first step in killing off FFXI? Eh, who knows? Also, the info does mention getting a full refund for your software purchase in case you can't register with those sites.

How the *** do people think this is going to kill off ffxi? They are trying to make your payment methods more secure. If anything this will help get rid of all the dumb free trial account /tell spam.

Why not do yourself a favor and get a card that is more secure for online transactions instead of just /wristing that your current unsecured card won't work to purchase ffxi monthly subscription.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-07-29 11:11:41  
Xanderzt said:
Antipika said:
Wilimac said:

Changing the number / exp date / security code counts as new

How so ?
 Valefor.Suicidekingg
By Valefor.Suicidekingg 2009-07-29 11:12:00  
Hypnotizd said:
Drteeth said:

How the *** do people think this is going to kill off ffxi? They are trying to make your payment methods more secure. If anything this will help get rid of all the dumb free trial account /tell spam.

Why not do yourself a favor and get a card that is more secure for online transactions instead of just /wristing that your current unsecured card won't work to purchase ffxi monthly subscription.

^This

Paypal ftw! err wait SE doesnt use that. I guess they know something that 100 million other people don`t know!!!
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-07-29 11:13:39  
Paypal is ***for corporation, too many fees, less way secured, and cannot be controlled by SE.
 Valefor.Suicidekingg
By Valefor.Suicidekingg 2009-07-29 11:21:22  
Antipika said:
Paypal is ***for corporation, too many fees, less way secured, and cannot be controlled by SE.

LOL at last part!

I do online everything and alot of Big Companys i deal with use Paypal as preffered. Amazon, Microsoft, Blizzard, Ebay etc... Those are some of the biggest companies in world. I have only ever had 2 problems ever online businness and both times were visa double bill, 5 hr phone call later sort out.

That is why i dumped cc for online, and in general.

Interest no thanks..
 Shiva.Drteeth
サーバ: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-07-29 12:01:46  
Hypnotizd said:
Drteeth said:

I was joking about killing off FFXI. We all know Squenix won't be shutting off their free cash machine any time soon. Lordy.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-07-29 13:55:40  
Drteeth said:
Hypnotizd said:
Drteeth said:

I was joking about killing off FFXI. We all know Squenix won't be shutting off their free cash machine any time soon. Lordy.

Hmm, I do apologize for blowing up like that, but just got done reading BG right before this where people were going off about it killing FFXI. Just had a fuse blow =P
First Page 2 3 4 5