Gov. Rick Perry Indicted On Felony Charges

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Gov. Rick Perry indicted on felony charges
Gov. Rick Perry indicted on felony charges
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-24 03:46:38  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Ironic, calling someone Kindergarten as an insult. I guess it's a step above doody-head. It's cool, though. Some people can't handle being called wrong even as adults.

I never called anyone Kindergarten. If that's the way you took it, well, self-reflective much?

First post on page picture is still a thing right?

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-24 03:52:16  
Odin.Zicdeh said: »
I never called anyone Kindergarten. If that's the way you took it, well, self-reflective much?

Context is overrated, amirite Kindergarten?!

Are we gonna do this all night, or are you finally going to figure out how to phrase things in a context that actually represents what you think?
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-24 03:53:41  

or are you finally going to figure out how to phrase things in a context that actually represents what you think?

Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-24 03:55:03  
So that's a no.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-24 03:58:25  
So that's a no.

I'm whatever you want me to be cupcake.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-24 04:02:26  

First post on page picture is still a thing right?

yuuuup
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-24 04:03:55  
So that's a no.

I'm a cupcake.

I'm trying to work with ya here, but maybe I shouldn't read between the lines too much.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-24 04:10:53  
So that's a no.

I'm a cupcake.

I'm trying to work with ya here, but maybe I shouldn't read between the lines too much.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-08-24 05:05:38  
Jetackuu said: »
Because their idea of better equates to propagating the class warfare that's been going on, to eliminate the middle class.

Depending on how much you believe in Orwellian philosophy, eliminating the middle class is a critical step to a Libertarian utopia.

The working, or lower class, is too concerned with just eking out a living, while the upper class is comfortable, in control and fiercely conservative.

It's the middle class that has both the resources and financial security to create social mobility and thus upheaval in the establishment. Not that I want to go full tin-foil hat in here, but the rising cost and economic irrelevance of higher education, the push towards privatizing all education by conservatives (Monopolizing it to the wealthy), and the professional decay of both the fourth and fifth estates of information kind of point in that direction.

I dunno, that sounds pretty "full tin-foil hat" to me.

1. The middle class tends to vote Republican. Conservatives would want to eliminate that why?
2. Higher education, from what I've found, tends to be dominantly liberal. So, let's blame the higher costs on the conservatives for your conspiracy theory. Sounds legit.
3. You'll have to explain this "economic irrelevance" of higher education to me, especially in an era where businesses demand degrees.

They are combining STEM degree's with liberal arts degree's and assuming because a $50K liberal arts degree won't get you a managers degree at BK, that a degree in mechanical engineering is useless. That is very wrong. Also not all job fields require degree's at all levels and just because someone has a degree doesn't mean they start at management or above entry level. This is further reinforced by the lie that everyone's been fed of "get a degree so you can get a good job" and thus the focus became on the piece of paper and not the knowledge / skillsets that it's supposed to signify.

I can say this because right now we're hurting for experienced technicians and engineers. We get two types of applicants, the first are the college grads who got the paper but zero experience. We simply can't trust an inexperienced person in these positions, too much money is at stake. The second are people with the paper and some experience but during the technical interview (which I often do) it becomes painfully obvious that they have no idea what they are talking about and are trying to bullsh!t us. So our lag time for hiring in slots can be anywhere from three to six months. This one particular slot took us nearly eight months and only after we lowered the requirements because the previous guy was extremely overqualified before he retired due to medical problems.

Anyhow there are plenty of jobs but the focus on a piece of college paper has led to too many candidates paper qualified without the proper skillsets. Entry level positions are jam packed everywhere across the board and those jobs are usually dead ends and highly disposable anyway. Anyone who wants to seriously succeed needs to be thinking creatively on how to acquire and demonstrate the various skillsets needed for specific IT fields.

And no a business is NOT responsible for training and giving you a job. We aren't your parents nor your friends.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-24 07:59:50  
Never thought I'd say this but I rather talk about Rick Perry again.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-24 08:07:18  

Are we gonna do this all night, or are you finally going to figure out how to phrase things in a context that actually represents what you think?
Most of the time, that's all that's left of an argument is name calling.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-24 09:45:14  
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Because their idea of better equates to propagating the class warfare that's been going on, to eliminate the middle class.

Depending on how much you believe in Orwellian philosophy, eliminating the middle class is a critical step to a Libertarian utopia.

The working, or lower class, is too concerned with just eking out a living, while the upper class is comfortable, in control and fiercely conservative.

It's the middle class that has both the resources and financial security to create social mobility and thus upheaval in the establishment. Not that I want to go full tin-foil hat in here, but the rising cost and economic irrelevance of higher education, the push towards privatizing all education by conservatives (Monopolizing it to the wealthy), and the professional decay of both the fourth and fifth estates of information kind of point in that direction.

I dunno, that sounds pretty "full tin-foil hat" to me.

1. The middle class tends to vote Republican. Conservatives would want to eliminate that why?
2. Higher education, from what I've found, tends to be dominantly liberal. So, let's blame the higher costs on the conservatives for your conspiracy theory. Sounds legit.
3. You'll have to explain this "economic irrelevance" of higher education to me, especially in an era where businesses demand degrees.

They are combining STEM degree's with liberal arts degree's and assuming because a $50K liberal arts degree won't get you a managers degree at BK, that a degree in mechanical engineering is useless. That is very wrong. Also not all job fields require degree's at all levels and just because someone has a degree doesn't mean they start at management or above entry level. This is further reinforced by the lie that everyone's been fed of "get a degree so you can get a good job" and thus the focus became on the piece of paper and not the knowledge / skillsets that it's supposed to signify.

I can say this because right now we're hurting for experienced technicians and engineers. We get two types of applicants, the first are the college grads who got the paper but zero experience. We simply can't trust an inexperienced person in these positions, too much money is at stake. The second are people with the paper and some experience but during the technical interview (which I often do) it becomes painfully obvious that they have no idea what they are talking about and are trying to bullsh!t us. So our lag time for hiring in slots can be anywhere from three to six months. This one particular slot took us nearly eight months and only after we lowered the requirements because the previous guy was extremely overqualified before he retired due to medical problems.

Anyhow there are plenty of jobs but the focus on a piece of college paper has led to too many candidates paper qualified without the proper skillsets. Entry level positions are jam packed everywhere across the board and those jobs are usually dead ends and highly disposable anyway. Anyone who wants to seriously succeed needs to be thinking creatively on how to acquire and demonstrate the various skillsets needed for specific IT fields.

And no a business is NOT responsible for training and giving you a job. We aren't your parents nor your friends.
1. I like this post. A lot.
2. I have to add, that it's not just about the experience or the piece of paper. Half the time, it's more about a person being able to "fit in" to and adapt to the requirements of the business and position, and about as much as it is the applicant, their application, and sounding far more qualified than they really are, or asking for more money than the position is worth.

These people don't know how to look at their resume objectively, and apply their skillsets to their resume, nor do they take the time to do practice interviews, or learn about the company, it's product and services, history, etc. prior to the interview.

One of the career councilors at the local "Alberta Works" branches here in my city, intentionally gives out bad interview advice that keeps people coming back, so she can keep her job. For all I know, she can be the minority, a singularity, or part of a much larger corrupted majority. As of now though, I don't really care. I was just forced to sit in on a 3 day lecture by the person, but by the end of the first day, I saw through all the ***, called her on it, and gave real advice, and helped tutor those who had worked for decades in one place, reinvent their resumes.

On the flip side, there are inexperienced interviewers, or those who feel their job may be up on the chopping block, and sabotage potentially excellent and properly qualified people, under the pretense that they might be "trouble-makers" or "not a good fit" on a personal level. Again, not sure how rampant or rare this is, but it exists.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-24 10:18:22  
So Art History jobs are still in high demand ?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-24 10:52:21  
To summarize this and every thread:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-24 10:52:41  
I think too much focus is put on simply getting the grade and passing the class. The key being that people have the degree as the goal and not the knowledge the degree represents. It breeds a generation of minimalists, people who never go above and beyond. Another problem is the massive anti-blue collar sentiment. Many, if not most, professional/technical fields pay just as well as their white collar counterparts. I made more money as a heavy equipment mechanic than I did working as a project manager on the development/manufacturing side. The difference being that if I told people I was a project manager, I got a very different response than if I told them I was a mechanic. I can't even say I worked harder in the shop than I did on the production floor or in the office, but people's perceptions are what matter to a lot of people.

There is a surplus of professional/technical jobs in this country that people aren't willing to get the minimal training required for because they think that a BS/BA is more respectable. Personally, work is work, it's a means to fund my personal life. I give 100% at work, but when I'm off the clock, that's my time, and the fruits of my labor are not in a title I can wave around, but in the quality of time I can spend with my family.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-24 11:35:16  
The new American Economy is Youtube. Strap a Go-Pro to your cats ***, scream repeatedly at the same lame game, open a box of stupid ***. Millions be rainin' yo. And if that fails, pander to a Tumblr group and open a Patreon account.

Or rely on serendipity and hope you have a Vagina and play Vidya. Bonus points for claiming you got mugged on Twitter.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-24 11:46:11  
The new American Economy is Youtube. Strap a Go-Pro to your cats ***, scream repeatedly at the same lame game, open a box of stupid ***. Millions be rainin' yo. And if that fails, pander to a Tumblr group and open a Patreon account.

Or rely on serendipity and hope you have a Vagina and play Vidya. Bonus points for claiming you got mugged on Twitter.

You didn't mention getting your goldfish playing Pokemon or Street Fighter II. Instant failure and may God have mercy on your soul.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-24 12:15:09  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

You didn't mention getting your goldfish playing Pokemon or Street Fighter II. Instant failure and may God have mercy on your soul.

I have failed you. More importantly I have failed myself. Good night, and Godspeed.

By fonewear 2014-08-24 12:51:42  

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2014-08-24 12:52:11  
Is this thread terrible or are we the terrible ones posting ?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-24 13:01:10  
Who hacked Fonewear's account?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-24 13:22:30  
fonewear said: »
Is this thread terrible or are we the terrible ones posting ?

Are we human, or are we dancer?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-24 13:30:19  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
inorite
Are you narcissistic or just not very self-aware?
You also forgot arrogant and self-centered also.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-24 13:43:19  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
inorite
Are you narcissistic or just not very self-aware?
You also forgot arrogant and self-centered also.
Do you deny that you are a narcissastic, arrogant, self-unaware and self-centered individual?
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-24 13:45:57  
He's none of those things. I've spent enough time with him to know he's not self-obsessed, would give you the shirt off his back, and is humble to a fault.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-24 13:47:08  
Jetackuu, I choose you!

Jetackuu: "It's not name calling, it's an observation."

It's super effective!
The wild Pleebo is confused!
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-24 13:48:04  
I can confirm I am not celery. If anyone was wondering.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-24 13:51:35  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
He's none of those things. I've spent enough time with him to know he's not self-obsessed, would give you the shirt off his back, and is humble to a fault.

If everyone acted the same way on internet forums as they do in real life, it would be a different story. If his internet persona is none of those things, what else do we have to go off of?

Okay, now THAT is game-changing. I guess I'll have to treat you like carrots instead.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-24 13:54:03  
How do you know? Unless you deal with him outside this forum and game, you have no clue as to who he really is towards other people.

But based on the evidence of his demeanor towards others on this website, one can reasonably conclude the above assumption made on him.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-24 13:56:44  

If everyone acted the same way on internet forums as they do in real life, it would be a different story. If his internet persona is none of those things, what else do we have to go off of?

Okay, now THAT is game-changing. I guess I'll have to treat you like carrots instead.

I prefer Stapler myself. (Rated PG-13)

On the subject of Narcissism, Stefan Molyneaux.
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36