Gov. Rick Perry Indicted On Felony Charges

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Gov. Rick Perry indicted on felony charges
Gov. Rick Perry indicted on felony charges
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-24 13:57:46  
I AM ALL OF THOSE THINGS @_@

So, anyway, King, Ravael is playing a pretty good deflection game for you, but could you fill me in on why media coverage for something like the Missouri shooting is totes biased in favor of the libs yet media coverage of the Occupy movement is completely accurate. How do you reconcile the apparent disparity?
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-24 13:58:40  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
He's none of those things. I've spent enough time with him to know he's not self-obsessed, would give you the shirt off his back, and is humble to a fault.
How do you know? Unless you deal with him outside this forum and game, you have no clue as to who he really is towards other people.

But based on the evidence of his demeanor towards others on this website, one can reasonably conclude the above assumption made on him.

Outside of the forums, I'm quite non-confrontational and get along with almost everyone. I also typically smile and nod when someone says something political that I don't agree with. Should I expect anyone in here to believe that? Nope.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-24 14:02:04  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I AM ALL OF THOSE THINGS @_@

Seriously guys, I am WAY super humble. You can tell because I totally agree with people who say nice things about me.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-24 14:02:05  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
He's none of those things. I've spent enough time with him to know he's not self-obsessed, would give you the shirt off his back, and is humble to a fault.
How do you know? Unless you deal with him outside this forum and game, you have no clue as to who he really is towards other people.

But based on the evidence of his demeanor towards others on this website, one can reasonably conclude the above assumption made on him.

Outside of the forums, I'm quite non-confrontational and get along with almost everyone. I also typically smile and nod when someone says something political that I don't agree with. Should I expect anyone in here to believe that? Nope.
Why wouldn't we? It's not an outlandish proposition.

@Ravael: He was agreeing with King, however I sense he's being facetious.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-24 14:09:42  

Why wouldn't we? It's not an outlandish proposition.

It's not outlandish, but I don't expect it. I can't sit here and tell you to assume that I'm a very reasonable person when I'm bickering with Zicdeh over stupid crap for hours. I just have to remind myself that I'm dealing with people who may be doing what I'm doing, which is experimenting with certain aspects of my personality that I wouldn't try outside of an anonymous internet forum.

@Ravael: He was agreeing with King, however I sense he's being facetious.

Okay, lol. It's hard to tell without a quote string.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-24 14:16:44  
In defense of our antics, bickering over stupid ***is the best way to live life. At least then we aren't lying to the world in pretense about making a difference.

Admit it, you'd all watch CSPAN if congress went at each other for three hours debating a Walrus Tax, and in the end nobody would be disappointed with the result, whatever it may be.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-24 14:17:52  
So, anyway, King, Ravael is playing a pretty good deflection game for you, but could you fill me in on why media coverage for something like the Missouri shooting is totes biased in favor of the libs yet media coverage of the Occupy movement is completely accurate. How do you reconcile the apparent disparity?
Two different conditions.

You can be biased and accurate at the same time.

The story can be as simple as "The sun is shining" and you can skew it to a liberal standpoint without being inaccurate. For example: "The sun is shining on the perfect utopia of liberalism." or "The sun is shining on Obama" which is very accurate, as the accurate story "The sun is shining" is for everyone.

The weak minded people would infer that the sun is shining only on the perfect utopia of liberalism and/or Obama, and then take their arguments accordingly. Those who understand how to take apart the biases in the reporting to get to the actual facts would see that what is being reported is that the sun is shining.

God man, you claim to be self-aware, and yet, you don't understand a very simple concept such as this? You really need to learn about yourself....
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-24 14:22:18  
Odin.Zicdeh said: »
In defense of our antics, bickering over stupid ***is the best way to live life. At least then we aren't lying to the world in pretense about making a difference.

Pretty much. And even if I think some of you are complete morons, I still have some respect for the fact that at least the people in here have the guts to argue politics and religion. We're all ridiculed and mocked at some point or another, but we come back again and again. That's something at least.

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Admit it, you'd all watch CSPAN if congress went at each other for three hours debating a Walrus Tax, and in the end nobody would be disappointed with the result, whatever it may be.

YES. Congress already debates pointless bills, so why not add some humor to it?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-24 15:19:35  
Ok, but between the Missouri coverage and the Occupy coverage, each offers a competing bias. The former, as you asserted it, is pro-liberal while the latter is slanted in the opposite direction. What makes one representation more accurate than the other?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-24 15:23:45  
Ok, but between the Missouri coverage and the Occupy coverage, each offers a competing bias. The former, as you asserted it, is pro-liberal while the latter is slanted in the opposite direction. What makes one representation more accurate than the other?

Because only one or the other confirms someone's personal bias.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-24 17:02:52  
If this walrus tax is code for fat people I'm all for it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-24 17:20:50  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
If this walrus tax is code for fat people I'm all for it.
No, that's the "Elephant in the Room" tax.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-24 17:32:32  
Why are you trying so hard to put words in my mouth?

Since when have I expressed any thought that one is different from the other?

I have never argued against the facts of either case. One is a reporting of a death of a young man by accident, another is a protest against businesses. The root of the reporting is such.

Both are greatly sensationalized to fit the needs of the media for advertising revenue.

There is no accuracy issues to compare, as long as one is able to determine what is fact and what is sensationalism. You apparently cannot determine the difference, due to your lack of insight and awareness.

I blame your closed mindedness.
By Enuyasha 2014-08-24 17:44:38  

I have never argued against the facts of either case. One is a reporting of a death of a young man by accident, another is a protest against businesses. The root of the reporting is such.

Both are greatly sensationalized to fit the needs of the media for advertising revenue.

There is no accuracy issues to compare, as long as one is able to determine what is fact and what is sensationalism. You apparently cannot determine the difference, due to your lack of insight and awareness.

By Jetackuu 2014-08-24 17:45:58  
Jetackuu, I choose you!

Jetackuu: "It's not name calling, it's an observation."

It's super effective!
The wild Pleebo is confused!

I'm not a Pokemon!

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-24 17:46:40  
Enuyasha said: »
Beyonce really was the person carrying that group...The other two just sounded like her with varying levels of voice modification :(

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
destiny's child > beyonce!!!!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-24 18:24:11  
Yes, yes you are.

Glad you figured it out on your own.
By Enuyasha 2014-08-24 18:40:08  
Yes, yes you are.

Glad you figured it out on your own.

Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-24 18:54:50  
Him asking you to explain it != him asking you to explain it for him

You guys tend to make it sound like Conservative influenced-media's ***doesn't stink, or that Liberal influenced-media is significantly worse. That lack of perspective balance can make people wonder whether you have the critical process to differentiate bias, hence the question.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-24 19:23:06  
You guys tend to make it sound like Conservative influenced-media's ***doesn't stink, or that Liberal influenced-media is significantly worse. That lack of perspective balance can make people wonder whether you have the critical process to differentiate bias, hence the question.
Again, I didn't say that. Or even referred to that.

Media =/= liberal media alone. Even though there are more liberal media out there than conservative. But they are all after the same thing: revenue from idiots.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-24 19:34:22  
I know you didn't say that. I didn't say you did - but perhaps I shouldn't have used "you" in the second half of that paragraph. I meant it in a general sense, but it can be misconstrued as specific. If that's how you read it, I apologize; I didn't mean for it to read in that way.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-24 19:34:39  

Bias is everywhere. King made a good point when he said that you can be 100% accurate and still biased, which is part of why anyone who thinks that they're not biased because they base their opinion off of fact is absolutely wrong. As far as the media is concerned, I trust pretty much any of them as far as I can throw them because they're obligated to present everything in the way that makes them the most money.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-24 19:39:36  

Bias is everywhere. King made a good point when he said that you can be 100% accurate and still biased, which is part of why anyone who thinks that they're not biased because they base their opinion off of fact is absolutely wrong. As far as the media is concerned, I trust pretty much any of them as far as I can throw them because they're obligated to present everything in the way that makes them the most money.
Or that serves the interest of their publisher/publisher's boss/boss' boss, etc. Never forget that caveat. It's especially crucial to remember that with how umbrella corporations work.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-24 19:52:03  

Or that serves the interest of their publisher/publisher's boss/boss' boss, etc. Never forget that caveat. It's especially crucial to remember that with how umbrella corporations work.
obligatory:
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-24 19:53:57  

Going to have to disagree with just about every part of this.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-24 19:58:45  
Groovy. So, are you going to explain why or what?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-24 20:04:14  
Groovy. So, are you going to explain why or what?

They're both opinions, and the concept of thinking it's possible to be unbiased is self explanatory, so no.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-24 20:06:43  
He said it's impossible to be unbiased. I see nothing wrong with what he said.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-24 20:59:58  

So now you're going to deny any assertion that the media is liberally biased? That's... convenient.

Ah well, I guess we agree. Nothing left to do here!
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36