user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2016-01-19 02:04:51  
I bet some JP player has one already
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-01-19 02:19:59  
Judging from the JP blogs of the 3 main JP linkshells no, there still are a couple of unkilled HELM nms.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-01-19 08:52:45  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Not yet, nobody killed all of the Reisejima HELM NMs so far.

I would assume that pop items is very rare and the elite shells can't just keep trying and trying till they beat it.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-19 08:53:07  
Judging from the JP blogs of the 3 main JP linkshells no, there still are a couple of unkilled HELM nms.

They don't necessary post their kills on blog, you know ._.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-01-19 09:25:55  
They do! There's a couple of JP blogs that lists the end-game japanese scene and all the major players in the JP scene post there on way or another.
If anybody had completed all of the HELM NMs (and hence completed an Aeonic) trust me it would totally be there, just like it has been for all the latest note-worthy world-first kills.

Think there are still 2 or 3 missing HELMs.

Can find the details and link on BG-Wiki, they have been mentioned several times when people reported world-first kills (performed by japanese) in the BG threads.
By geigei 2016-01-19 09:44:36  
My group will finish soon before any jp.
By fonewear 2016-01-19 09:59:56  
You guys are slow I did 2 aeonic weapons already !
By geigei 2016-01-19 10:49:12  
fonewear said: »
You guys are slow I did 2 aeonic weapons already !
Damn dual wield?
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-19 12:55:58  
They do! There's a couple of JP blogs that lists the end-game japanese scene and all the major players in the JP scene post there on way or another.
If anybody had completed all of the HELM NMs (and hence completed an Aeonic) trust me it would totally be there, just like it has been for all the latest note-worthy world-first kills.

Think there are still 2 or 3 missing HELMs.

Can find the details and link on BG-Wiki, they have been mentioned several times when people reported world-first kills (performed by japanese) in the BG threads.

What I meant was, even if they kill it, they may not necessary post it on 2ch nor on their blog. They may just kill the NM, log off for the day and never mention it anywhere.

ppl only report jp kills on BG if they saw it on 2ch/blog or running around with titles.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-01-19 12:58:20  
Cherry Macaroon +1Generally keep their blog up to date with stuff they do.
I'd like to note the first post on that page is a book they gave to the director, with their own messages for him. It's really sweet.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-01-19 13:05:46  
Also no cool new uploads here. Stopped at the newest Unity NMs:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tarumaruru/videos
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-01-19 13:52:49  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
What I meant was, even if they kill it, they may not necessary post it on 2ch nor on their blog.
You were clear before! I don't see the necessity to post again the same opinion.
If you think like that it's because you probably don't know or never read the blogs/communities/stuff of these JPs.
They've been talking about endgame stuff and boasting about their wins for quite a while.

As a matter of fact they posted stuff for all of the recent NMs they killed world first, including strategies, screenshot, often movies etc.
I don't see why they would suddely stop to mention that just to what... keep the secret so the first Aeonic Weapons can be shrouded in mistery? xD

I can understand where you're coming from, there are plenty of examples of JP people behaving like you said in the (far away) past, but these guys are very different.
If anybody killed all of the HELM nms and completed Aeonic trust me we'd know :)
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-19 14:21:15  
What I meant was, even if they kill it, they may not necessary post it on 2ch nor on their blog.
You were clear before! I don't see the necessity to post again the same opinion.
If you think like that it's because you probably don't know or never read the blogs/communities/stuff of these JPs.
They've been talking about endgame stuff and boasting about their wins for quite a while.

As a matter of fact they posted stuff for all of the recent NMs they killed world first, including strategies, screenshot, often movies etc.
I don't see why they would suddely stop to mention that just to what... keep the secret so the first Aeonic Weapons can be shrouded in mistery? xD

I can understand where you're coming from, there are plenty of examples of JP people behaving like you said in the (far away) past, but these guys are very different.
If anybody killed all of the HELM nms and completed Aeonic trust me we'd know :)

I reposted it because I don't think I was clear enough ;P.
I'm very well aware of that JP communities exist, after all I was in a JP endgame LS years ago when I got my clear for endgame content such as Odin2 and pre-ilv delve, and had connection with many of the hardcore jp players on Rangarok....I visited their blog and they visited mine, learned their strategy and tips to clear stuff, and so on.

I believe I was also the first player who shared JP legion video on BG using stun strategy, when every other NA/EU legion group used PD zerg strategy. For many years, I also copied and pasted a lot of JP strategy from their blog/video when I PUG harder content that's not normally PUG-able, since I've found JP strategy are often more PUG friendly than BG NA/EU strats.

If I'm not somewhat familiar with JP community, or even have the ability to communicate in JP, how'd I do that ;P (Mind you, I also play on jp server and join jp FC for the hardest endgame content in FF14 back when I played it)

Regardless, don't assume I'm not familiar with jp community. I may not read jp blog and stuff as much nowadays since I'm super casual now and don't care about FFXI as much, but I'm not completely unfamiliar with jp community.

What I meant was, what you see on the internet/video/blog is only like, maybe 5%(?) of total player base. Only minority of players are vocal players that share their accomplishments in community and gets everyone's attention. But FFXI community is a lot more than those who post on 2ch, BG, FFXIAH and own a blog. There are plenty of jp players ninja pop an accomplishment without ever owning a blog nor share it anywhere. Jp community is A LOT bigger than us NA/EU can imagine.

Nowadays ppl do things as a small group of close friend, a lot of hard content clear such as WoC/T4 are actually done by maybe 4(?) or 6 ppl multi-boxing, instead of a huge LS of 20+ ppl. If the members don't share on blog/internet nor carry a clear title then we simply wouldn't know because only a few member knew they have clear.

One good example is that someone on BG caught another player carrying a title without seeing report on clears. God knows how long they've been killing the NM, they may be killing it for weeks or maybe even month and we just didn't know.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-01-19 18:40:52  
What I meant was, what you see on the internet/video/blog is only like, maybe 5%(?) of total player base.
I think it's higher than 5%, but regardless this is a very good point you're raising.

Still, in my opinion you're faling to see the bigger picture.
What is ~10% of the overall playerbase, represents like 90% of the "people that count" when it's about end-game.
The other people just don't stand a chance.

And it doesn't end here. Those blogs and communities aren't just about personal results, but about other people results.
Like JPguy1 posting an entry on his forum/community/social/blog saying "Oh cool, LS xxx with guy yyy just killed NM zzz, first kill! They used this strat I think ..." etc.
There were posts like that, and they're all connected with one blog linking to the other, then to that social etc.
It's not a huge network, it's like 3-5 active groups in JP who are managing to kill stuff like this, a small % (like you said) of a larger but still quite small overall population.

tl;dr
If someone went even remotely close to kill any of the currently unkilled NMs, even if it's not one of the "owner" of those sites, they would still post about it. Maybe not real time but with a small delay they would've done it for sure.
Which leads us to the conclusion => trust me, nobody has an Aeonic Weapon yet.

Altough, if you were to ask me, I don't think we're that far away. Think we're gonna see the first Aeonics pretty soon, maybe before the Feb patch!
 Bismarck.Dunigs
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2016-01-29 18:20:12  
There's a completed dagger...on Bismarck. Honestly didn't see that coming.
By swordwiz 2016-01-29 18:32:43  
@ sechs there's a jp ls with some completed Aeonic Weapons on asura
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2016-01-29 18:44:38  
swordwiz said: »
@ sechs there's a jp ls with some completed Aeonic Weapons on asura

oh yeah. can always count on our server's nogamenolifeOCDJP to blaze through.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-29 19:46:08  
Bismarck.Dunigs said: »
I hear Otoa has the Dagger and Zerocrown has the Great Katana.
 Bismarck.Johnb
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2016-01-29 20:23:13  
Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
Bismarck.Dunigs said: »
I hear Otoa has the Dagger and Zerocrown has the Great Katana.

Zaku has a GK as well. They are in the same group with Rulily and such.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2016-01-29 20:30:23  
Any info on whether the STP and TP Bonus carry when wielding the weapon (dagger is the first so far that's been reported?) offhand?
By Yinwizard 2016-01-29 21:17:37  
Asura

[+]
By Felgarr 2016-01-29 21:36:40  
Any word on how much better this ultimate skillchain is? I don't really know much about it.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-01-29 21:36:50  
Cool looking GS but lolrundd
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-30 02:24:17  
tl;dr
If someone went even remotely close to kill any of the currently unkilled NMs, even if it's not one of the "owner" of those sites, they would still post about it. Maybe not real time but with a small delay they would've done it for sure.
Which leads us to the conclusion => trust me, nobody has an Aeonic Weapon yet.

Was digging 2ch the other day, I think someone mentioned they killed all NM and got aeonic on sometime around 1/24~1/25. Not sure if another group completed aeonic before them.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-30 03:35:23  
trust me, nobody has an Aeonic Weapon yet.
:p
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-30 11:50:12  
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-30 11:51:26  
Post dates yo. If what Afania said is correct, he posted that almost a week before the first weapons were completed.
 Sylph.Xijaah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2016-01-30 11:53:04  

Offhand vajra like a boss
 Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-01-30 11:58:05  
Damn how good are these weapons? It's prob gonna be off limits to everyone but the 0.01 percent of the populations
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-30 12:02:46  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Post dates yo. If what Afania said is correct, he posted that almost a week before the first weapons were completed.
Hah! Got me good there. Guess my scumbag brain turned 19 into 29.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16