フォーラム » FFXI » Escha » [dev1296] Aeonic Weapons
[dev1296] Aeonic Weapons
First Page 2 3 4 ... 14 15 16
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-10-28 09:15:43  
Yeah, can't wait for the shouts when one job is vastly superior to all the others..

"WHM, GEO, x3 Aeonic DRK {Can I have it?}"
By Sandmaster 2015-10-28 09:16:06  
If it hasn't already been said,

I'd bet in 2 of these Aeonic WS's = Final SC,

Otherwise to-be-made off of a double light or double darkness (or not even double), and there is only one element left that it could possibly be - Non-elemental (Chi Blast like) Skillchain: ULTIMA!

Then let the Magic Bursts rain down!
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-28 09:17:37  
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Finally a small glimpse of hope for WAR/DRK/DRG not being stuck in DD purgatory for eternity after the updates stop.

The biggest shifts in DD hierarchy we see are right after new WS are added or WS adjustments. These new weapons seem to already heavily favor melees over mages(this is fair, mages are silly OP right now anyways) so if they also include new weapon skills, we could see a big shake-up in current melee hierarchy, or, at the very least, a closing of the massive gap that exists now.

I've given up hope of SE ever balancing things by adding new stuff.

They just don't have the finesse to slightly buff some things and scale back others.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-10-28 09:21:42  
Valefor.Angeluzun said: »
It's hard not to get excited for this even after you quit

Obviously just my opinion, but I think it's easier to get excited for them if you've quit.

I'm just a little disenfranchised at the moment because I've never really taken a break from the game and this feels like the ultimate "sorry, but your princess is in another castle."

"You've worked so hard and been with us so long; your reward is yet more grindy work...on top of the fact we've made the jobs you love weak compared to jobs you utterly despise playing."

Sorry. To each their own. I find it an irritation more than anything though.

Unless it's relatively easy to obtain.

In which case I'll be happy because I've already done far more work in this game than anyone ever should have. But then you'll have a bunch of people being sour grapes because "zomg it's easy and common, I'll turn my nose up at it."
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-28 09:23:06  
Shiva.Kingmancat said: »
Here's hoping they do some wild crap with them. Like giving Ninja access to Shi level Ninjutsu (or Ni/San level for those applicable).

It would be stellar if BRD's was a new instrument that combined and improved the effects of Carnwenhan, Gjallarhorn, and Daurdabla.

PLD's should be that shield in the pic, and it should combine/improve Aegis and Ochain. Or a sword that combined the attack capabilities of Excalibur and Almace with the defensive traits of Burtgang. Or hell, why not both?

Nothing compares to Aegis for what it's used for, and Ochain is still holding its own, so going the physical/magical defense route just seems uncreative, lazy, and not worth the time to create something that already has a filled niche unless they just want to nuke Aegis and Ochain out of the water with something better. What's left, though? More -PDT II? An extremely situational -BDT shield? A shield with absurd status resistance?
By Ramyrez 2015-10-28 09:25:13  
PDT/BDT II, a combining of Aegis/Ochain in one, or the ability to completely resist/avoid crippling/irritating status ailments (stun, amnesia, silence/mute, encumberence, etc.) are the three major options I see.
 Lakshmi.Tummie
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-10-28 09:28:42  
From a player standpoint more r/m/e weapons seems a bit overkill at least in my opinion but from a dev standpoint its good to keep players busy.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-28 09:29:43  
Ramyrez said: »
PDT/BDT II, a combining of Aegis/Ochain in one, or the ability to completely resist/avoid crippling/irritating status ailments (stun, amnesia, silence/mute, encumberence, etc.) are the three major options I see.

I wouldn't think that they'd screw over Aegis/Ochain owners by making something new that's a combo of the two, but then again they've screwed over RME owners plenty of times in the past so the precedent is there.
By Bamboom 2015-10-28 09:34:05  
New skill chains hmmm... I really hope this doesn't make everything Sam only.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-10-28 09:35:34  
It won't be easy to obtain. The whole point is to give us something to do after the final update.
[+]
By jopa 2015-10-28 09:37:30  
Faero said: »
http://www.playonline.com/ff11/adoulin/imgs/template/en/content/job/equip/type1.png

I may be wrong, but I don't think they've added a club with the 2nd design yet - so maybe this could be Geo Aeonic?
I doubt the weapons will be JSE like mythic/ergon, but I could still see the design being used for the aeonic club. In fact, isn't that a GEO (assuming AF4) with aeonic staff in the announcement?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-28 09:38:30  
I wonder if they'll call the T4 skillchain Cosmic Elucidation, as that's the name for it in the Tenzen fights.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-10-28 09:45:23  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
It won't be easy to obtain. The whole point is to give us something to do after the final update.

Yep. You just know it's going to be some ridiculous grind.
By Ulthakptah 2015-10-28 09:46:39  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I wonder if they'll call the T4 skillchain Cosmic Elucidation, as that's the name for it in the Tenzen fights.
Well we are getting to go to the far east finally maybe that is where you get Aeonic weapons, and where Tenzen learned to Cosmic Elucidation
[+]
By Draylo 2015-10-28 09:50:43  
It's hard not to get excited for this even after you quit

Obviously just my opinion, but I think it's easier to get excited for them if you've quit.

I'm just a little disenfranchised at the moment because I've never really taken a break from the game and this feels like the ultimate "sorry, but your princess is in another castle."

"You've worked so hard and been with us so long; your reward is yet more grindy work...on top of the fact we've made the jobs you love weak compared to jobs you utterly despise playing."

Sorry. To each their own. I find it an irritation more than anything though.

In which case I'll be happy because I've already done far more work in this game than anyone ever should have. But then you'll have a bunch of people being sour grapes because "zomg it's easy and common, I'll turn my nose up at it."

How bitter have you become lately? You have said the same thing like 5 times now, we get it.

Quote:
Yep. You just know it's going to be some ridiculous grind.

That is what most people wanted though. If you still wanna play this game past this update you will probably need some kind of goal that is long term. If they just made these weapons super easy to make then it would be less profit for them in the end.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-10-28 09:53:30  
They specifically say skillchains. Leads me to believe there will be more than one. Also, I would imagine it's a combination of light and darkness, which leads me to believe that the new ws(assuming we get them) are going to have level 3 properties.

Maybe the chain is unique based on if you close the chain with light or darkness?
 Phoenix.Faloun
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2015-10-28 09:53:56  
Also if we're really discussing what the new acronym is going to be I would propose "A/R/M/E" as an alternative. R/E/M/A just doesn't look good to me.

ARME means weapon in french... *mind blown* O_o
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-10-28 09:54:29  
I feel confident this update will place SAM back into its typical spot of best DD in the game.
[+]
 Valefor.Angeluzun
サーバ: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2015-10-28 10:00:05  
Phoenix.Faloun said: »
Also if we're really discussing what the new acronym is going to be I would propose "A/R/M/E" as an alternative. R/E/M/A just doesn't look good to me.

ARME means weapon in french... *mind blown* O_o

While I didn't know that, let's just all pretend I did, OK? Thanks.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-10-28 10:08:22  

You play COR and SAM, neither of which are having any catastrophic issues right now. I swear to god, you wouldn't be happy unless Death Penalty literally fired tactical nukes.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ganlere
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2015-10-28 10:13:19  
Wonder if they also gave away the armor in Reisenjima from the picture....
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2015-10-28 10:17:13  
Wonder if these weapons augments the more recent jas.

I can see why existing r/m/e owners could be a bit apprehensive.

SE does need to make sure that they don't alienate those people and or crash the currency/Alex markets.

Whatever the weapon currency might be I can see obtaining it being far less solo friendly.

Then again SE might surprise us by making it relatively easy to get but gated behind login bonuses or job points
By Sandmaster 2015-10-28 10:30:51  
I don't think the quest's will involve anything from old event's or anything in the game so far.

I think we can all agree one requirement will be the 'master' JP category title (so Bst's and Blu's = very very easy);

There will obviously be a 'gathering' aspect to that - and various UNM currency's could be used for that from UNM fight's like (to-come) Vrtra & Tiamat etc, maybe 1000 of 6 said currency's

Then a final part that will have something to do with the zone released in the November update. More title gathering maybe? Every single T3 in Gae's fete zones including the new AV.

The right balance of solo and [small]group work would be needed anyway
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-28 10:35:29  
I'm a tad concerned with the possible upgrade method. A solo grind with Trusts doesn't bother me much even if it takes a while, but I really wouldn't like the idea of forcing entire linkshells to work together for months to build one person's weapon like in the early days of Dynamis. With the game "dying", I would hope SE would be smarter than that.
[+]
By Afania 2015-10-28 10:37:35  
Shiva.Kingmancat said: »
I have 11 RME's

All these "I want the new legendary weapon easy to obtain" comment in this thread made me wonder if I can ever understand the logic of MMO players. This game won't have major update in the future and everyone is expecting to create another legendary in 3 weeks like their relic/mythic when they already have multiple R/M/E sitting in their mog house.

I guess the game is more fun to collect every single R/M/E in this game before you quit for good?
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2015-10-28 10:38:02  
Looks more to me like the new area name is Rustledjimmies
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-28 10:41:40  
With the content running out it becomes a collection game anyway. Once you've killed the hardest thing, what's left to do besides getting stuff that makes killing the hardest thing slightly easier? Finishing collections is about all there is.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-28 10:47:12  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
It won't be easy to obtain. The whole point is to keep us paying the monthly fee as long as possible without them doing absolutely anything after the final update.
There, FTFY :P

Jokes aside, from a dev point of view I think we can all agree with what Tummie said, it's easy to see it.

From a player point of view I can't deny the surprise & mild excitement, but at the same time I don't know if in the end my thumb will go up or down.
Kinda depends on how these things will be implemented, what will happen to RME and "normal" weapons, how these will become "mandatory", and blah blah blah.
All these little details will tell me wether or not I like it from a player point of view.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 14 15 16