フォーラム » FFXI » Escha » [dev1296] Aeonic Weapons
[dev1296] Aeonic Weapons
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15 16
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2015-10-28 10:55:57  
As an aside I don't for a moment believe there won't ever be a major update ever. this current ending is to transition out of the Ps2 and it's limitations. Once they have their tools ported over to pc development updates will continue, likely in a ffxi reborn format with overhauled ui and other things.

SE also says a lot of things which they then workaround. Remember the ps2/max zone/hDD limitations comment right before adoulin dropped?
[+]
 Leviathan.Dazusu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Dazusu
By Leviathan.Dazusu 2015-10-28 11:00:42  
I think this
Rooks said: »
"Completion of the aeonic weapons requires completion of a quest to be added in a subsequent update."

So that's either:
- We ARE getting at least one more update
- One last troll, just to let us know our place

Uh, I think they're still going to push updates; just no more major content updates/new battle systems.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
サーバ: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2015-10-28 11:05:59  
I might play again if this is the end of the ilvl era. Reason why I quit honestly.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2015-10-28 11:08:16  
The official word for ending content updates now is the age of the Ps2 dev kits they are using and there is no reason to doubt that. But considering far older mmos with smaller user bases still get content it would be naive to believe otherwise.

Ffxi is defiantly a legacy Mmo but there's no reason to believe it will be stagnant.
By Ramyrez 2015-10-28 11:09:24  
Draylo said: »
How bitter have you become lately? You have said the same thing like 5 times now, we get it.

Just 5?

You must have missed a few.

To answer your question: Very.

Edit: As for the corsair and DP firing tactical nukes, that's a bit overboard and off base. I think corsair needs some serious issues addressed, however, in light of many other jobs. And melee in general need some love to keep up with the new super-BLU garbage.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-10-28 11:09:50  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
With the content running out it becomes a collection game anyway. Once you've killed the hardest thing, what's left to do besides getting stuff that makes killing the hardest thing slightly easier? Finishing collections is about all there is.

They could just create some sort of "ultimate epic NM" like PW or AV in 75 era to keep people playing. Seems like the easiest way to keep players(at least hardcore players) around without adding new content.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-28 11:13:01  
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
But considering far older mmos with smaller user bases
you forgot "... and with PC-based dev kits"

Quote:
Ffxi is defiantly a legacy Mmo but there's no reason to believe it will be stagnant.
How can a game not receiving new content avoid becoming stagnant?
I mean, it's not gonna happen from november. It will take some time.
Maybe a few months, maybe MANY months, who knows, but it's pretty clear that it's bound to happen eventually.
The question here is not "if" but "when".
We can all hope "as late as possible" of course.

Just because someone is not playing this game anymore, it's not reason good enough for him to hope the game to die.
"If I don't play it, nobody else deserves to be playing it".
Wut?
But that's exactely how some people think, sadly.
Play this game if you like it, quit if you don't, but don't hope for it to die just because you don't like, 'cause other people might still be enjoying it.
[+]
By Mookies 2015-10-28 11:13:15  
What if the new weapons are leveled through XP/CP? And grow in power over time. Literally leveling up like a player.

This is exciting regardless.
[+]
By Chyula 2015-10-28 11:19:38  
Hope it have Double damage, OAT, severe damage and boost atk/acc/stat aftermath on it.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-10-28 11:29:46  
Really curious as to w/e the "currency" phase of the new weapons is going to be, maybe a new item that drops in the new zone like you'd expect. I imagine the number required is going to be breathtaking.
 Leviathan.Vienne
By Leviathan.Vienne 2015-10-28 11:36:11  
I hope its hard and keeps me entertained forever and lets me revisit all zones :D (wishfull thinking, not going to happen)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-10-28 11:43:43  
Maybe he should go play XIV and have soooo much fun with their updates.
[+]
By Mookies 2015-10-28 11:45:13  
Maybe he should go play XIV and have soooo much fun with their updates.

What updates...? OHHHHHH I GET IT!
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-10-28 11:53:44  
The dynamics of the game are simple. You have to have goals to pursue in order to keep your interest in the game and feel like you have a purpose. Without goals, it's only a matter of time before you quit.

The new Aeonic weapons undoubtedly will have this concept in mind and are being designed to be desirable despite the time it will take to acquire.

By the time we get our hands on them, we'll see how many players remaining give a rip.
 Leviathan.Alvar
user: Alvar1
By Leviathan.Alvar 2015-10-28 11:56:41  
In my opinion in playing many years on and off. This game always comes back better and better. Some get upset of the new content. Some get upset about certain jobs. I appreciate everything xi has brought forth. Regardless of meta, I always had something to do. If I was frustrated at the game and didn't see progression. I would look to my friends and help them progress. They always sparked my motivation for a new or same job I loved at that time. That is what makes XI awesome! I always find myself back again. No other game has came close. So hopefully you can find that spark again. :) Have a nice day!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-28 11:58:25  
I just feel the need to say I TOLD YOU SO. Yet most people just threw lols, insults and bockwursts at me for daring to suggest it. But it is only logical they'd do this considering no further major updates: you need a long term goal to keep people around for as long as possible, can't just release an endgame with some drops and call it a day.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-10-28 12:04:32  
While I would love these weapons to provide melee damage dealers a way to be used once more, I'm not going to assume it will happen. Melee DDs need a lot more than a new weapon skill or aftermath, they need ways to survive the terrible AoE and status effects as well.

How can you do the new skillchains if the NMs hit too hard and enfeebles you to death while the white mage is too busy looking after the PLD? Perhaps the new area has mobs resistant to magic bursts (and the new skillchains do more damage than MB)? Or the AoEs have a much larger range rendering back line jobs useless? Aeonic weapons will not save DD jobs, it's the content which will decide.

As for version updates ... I see far too many people saying that SE will give us this update and we will get nothing major after November. SE specifically said that November was the end of the RoV storyline, SE told us that November would be the end of extensive storyline content, so no new expansions or add-ons, but they did say they would keep the updates going, and balance things after November.

While the storyline is coming to an end, it doesn't stop SE from introducing new battle content, new weapons, new equipment, new items, pretty much anything which doesn't involve a long drawn out storyline which most of us smash through anyway without reading. That's what they meant by the game coming to an end, not coming to an end by ceasing updates, but coming to an end because the characters we got to know won't receive anymore dialogue.

SE will keep the game updated because we pay SE money to keep the game updated and maintained, if they stopped updating the game, then they would have to lower the monthly fee because most people would quit knowing their money is only covering maintenance and the odd balance change. SE are going to streamline updates going forward, and keep us busy with new battles, old battles, and hopefully balance the game out so all jobs can be included in content.

SE can do SO MUCH to older zones, there are so many zones left untouched, and they could easily add relevance to them with new content which doesn't necessarily require new game lore and expansions.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-10-28 12:18:54  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Ramyrez said: »
How bitter have you become lately? You have said the same thing like 5 times now, we get it.

Just 5?

You must have missed a few.

To answer your question: Very.

Edit: As for the corsair and DP firing tactical nukes, that's a bit overboard and off base. I think corsair needs some serious issues addressed, however, in light of many other jobs. And melee in general need some love to keep up with the new super-BLU garbage.

BLU was super before this new super BLU garbage. It is just catching on post Mighty Guard.

If you are all bitter I don't wanna log in to even get log in points then don't?

Personally if I don't like something I don't do it.

It's complicated. *shrug*

And XIV can go screw.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-28 12:27:22  
Ramyrez said: »
And XIV can go screw.
But the screwdriver is planned to be implemented in 4.2, please look forward to it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Israfell
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: orionx3
By Carbuncle.Israfell 2015-10-28 12:32:42  
WHAT IF!
Aeonic weapons are simply the next upgrade to each or any RME item.
But how would that work? Here is my theory.
Say Bobsmith has Spharai. He upgrades to Aeonic Knuckles from Spharai. Maybe they have all the stats and bonuses from each RME but a new look and can be upgrade from any of the RME of the same weapon type.
That would be a way to combine all the H2H RME without needing all of them, and making them truly Aeonic. If they are the end-all beat-all weapons. The ultimate goal?
Merriam-Webster defines Aeonic as:

: lasting for an immeasurably or indefinitely long period of time

To boot, what if they gave you the choice of the look of your old RME or the new style. Because Spharai style is still my favorite.
So Bobsmith would upgrade to Aeonic Knuckles(R) (meaning from relic)

Amendment:
Of course this might crash the Alexandrite/HP-bayld markets because relics are so much easier to obtain. Unless you just HAVE to have the look of Glanfaust for your new Aeonic.
 Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2015-10-28 12:38:22  
Watch them come with Afterglow.
[+]
By Ulthakptah 2015-10-28 12:44:00  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
While I would love these weapons to provide melee damage dealers a way to be used once more, I'm not going to assume it will happen. Melee DDs need a lot more than a new weapon skill or aftermath, they need ways to survive the terrible AoE and status effects as well.

How can you do the new skillchains if the NMs hit too hard and enfeebles you to death while the white mage is too busy looking after the PLD? Perhaps the new area has mobs resistant to magic bursts (and the new skillchains do more damage than MB)? Or the AoEs have a much larger range rendering back line jobs useless? Aeonic weapons will not save DD jobs, it's the content which will decide.
Well they did just also give everyone 300 more hp by changing the hp merit cap from 15 to 45. Also I have a feeling that new shield is just going to make pld not killable. Then there is whatever the new whm club will do, but then again if 2100 job points is the requirement for Aeonic I don't imagine seeing many whm with it.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-10-28 12:48:49  
I really can't see Job points having anything to do with Aeonic weapons unless being capped is a pre-req or to be used to like unlock a weaponskill that when used while equipped with Aeonic gives new skillchain or something along those lines.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2015-10-28 12:52:38  
Lakshmi.Jutubyaa said: »
Watch them come with Afterglow.

May your wish be their Command.

OH Wait , you were too late >.> they already did Afterglow :D

hahahahahahahah !

Awesome Weapon / new Skillchains lvl 4 !!!!!!!! :D

/grin........
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-10-28 12:54:55  
Ulthakptah said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »

Well they did just also give everyone 300 more hp by changing the hp merit cap from 15 to 45. Also I have a feeling that new shield is just going to make pld not killable. Then there is whatever the new whm club will do, but then again if 2100 job points is the requirement for Aeonic I don't imagine seeing many whm with it.

300 HP is not going to make DDs viable again. As for the rest.. aside from the odd move here and there, PLD is really hard to kill. Why wouldn't WHM be able to get 2100 JP? Every six man CP party would prefer a WHM, so I don't understand that. Then again, why is everyone jumping on the new title being a necessity? Perhaps the title is just to show everyone .. "look at me, I know my job, so don't tell me how to play it" .. or "I got this title because of bots/leeching, please tell me how to play this game".
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-10-28 12:55:41  
I'll assume a few things, based upon the update note from dev topic
#1 500jp 75 merits will play a role,
#2 2100 Jp "Master" title will play a roll
#3 Perhaps Owning a 119 R/E/M or all 3 will play a roll(least likely)
#4 The quest line they have sp far all have a base item, + Stages to upgrade and progress the quest, so I'll assume no more Magian trial as well except perhaps unless there is an augment system as well.

Idk Idc it is all for tomorrow
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-28 12:55:43  
Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
I really can't see Job points having anything to do with Aeonic weapons unless being capped is a pre-req or to be used to like unlock a weaponskill that when used while equipped with Aeonic gives new skillchain or something along those lines.
Could be Su3 or so.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15 16