Random Politics & Religion #05

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #05
Random Politics & Religion #05
First Page 2 ... 38 39 40
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-12 21:36:10  
Node 285

STOP! Hammertime?
By Jetackuu 2016-05-12 21:37:31  
Anna Ruthven said: »
STOP! Hammertime?
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Altimaomega 2016-05-12 21:38:26  
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-12 21:38:46  
To address how the previous thread ended; after we all discussed the situation, a couple people were tempbanned as opposed to section banned outright. These tempbans came with a warning that the next action taken will be a section ban.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-05-12 21:42:02  
Wow.. Seriously.. There goes my faith in humanity.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-12 21:49:17  
If your topic covers a story over 6 months old (Watergate, Benghazi, 2012 Election, etc.) post it here.
I dunno why but now I'm compelled to randomly bring up Watergate
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-12 21:54:30  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
If your topic covers a story over 6 months old (Watergate, Benghazi, 2012 Election, etc.) post it here.
I dunno why but now I'm compelled to randomly bring up Watergate
I did NOT have sexual relations with that woman, Ms. Monica Lewinsky...
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-12 22:06:14  
So I thought the last thread was supposed to be ironfist-like, I figured the mods were talking to the actual posters, not the actual thread itself. If all you guys are gonna do is close a thread when it gets rough, whats the point.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-05-12 22:08:08  
Damn, forced to agree with vic. The ups and downs of tonight's episode are getting drastic!

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-12 22:21:08  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
So I thought the last thread was supposed to be ironfist-like, I figured the mods were talking to the actual posters, not the actual thread itself. If all you guys are gonna do is close a thread when it gets rough, whats the point.
I was absent near the end of #04 so I dunno exactly what was going on but from what I've gathered, it was more of a situation where BS has built up over time. A lot of mini screw ups that accumulated into one big one.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-12 22:23:43  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
I was absent near the end of #04 so I dunno exactly what was going on but from what I've gathered, it was more of a situation where BS has built up over time. A lot of mini screw ups that accumulated into one big one.

Yet you weren't absent for most of it, and that is what sunk people.
I'm sorry you can't behave. My bad.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-05-12 22:26:50  
Why make "new and improved" P&R when this forum can't handle it? What's the point?
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-05-12 22:28:36  
Asura.Carrotchan said: »
Why make "new and improved" P&R when this forum can't handle it? What's the point?

Had to try something. Not quite content to call it a failure yet, but clearly there's problems in the format that need addressed.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-12 22:28:57  
This one is actually worse than the last one.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-05-12 22:28:58  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
but hopefully you know what I meant.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-05-12 22:32:18  
Satire is tolerated.
Shouldn't this have sarcasm text? Because if you use satire, suddenly you're trolling someone, right?
Quote:
Political debates get heated and are meant to be intense, if you take offense to being called or proven wrong, you don't belong here.
If you debate with someone who you think is wrong for multiple posts at a time, that's considered a personal attack right?
Quote:
If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen; if you prove you can't handle the criticism you bring upon yourself in this thread, you may be removed from it. You are responsible for what you post.
Shouldn't it read if you can't handle the criticism you bring upon yourself in this thread, then you may report the criticizers and have them removed?
Quote:
Along those lines, heat is fine, but sustained, clearly personal hostility is not okay. The personal attack rules still apply. Attack positions, not posters. Failure to adhere to this will result in your removal from the thread.
Shouldn't this be fixed to you can be removed from anywhere the mods feel that you should be removed from?
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-12 22:33:06  

So what? The whole point is to dole out punishment to the offenders. They get topicbanned until the new RP&R is made. You just dealt with a situation by closing a thread and punishing no one. There have now been 5 RP&R threads in (I am totally guessing right now) what, 45 days? A grand total of no topicbans handed out, but 5 threads. You guys aren't even following the rules you are setting in the OP.
By Altimaomega 2016-05-12 22:39:05  
Satire is tolerated.
Shouldn't this have sarcasm text? Because if you use satire, suddenly you're trolling someone, right?
Quote:
Political debates get heated and are meant to be intense, if you take offense to being called or proven wrong, you don't belong here.
If you debate with someone who you think is wrong for multiple posts at a time, that's considered a personal attack right?
Quote:
If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen; if you prove you can't handle the criticism you bring upon yourself in this thread, you may be removed from it. You are responsible for what you post.
Shouldn't it read if you can't handle the criticism you bring upon yourself in this thread, then you may report the criticizers and have them removed?
Quote:
Along those lines, heat is fine, but sustained, clearly personal hostility is not okay. The personal attack rules still apply. Attack positions, not posters. Failure to adhere to this will result in your removal from the thread.
Shouldn't this be fixed to you can be removed from anywhere the mods feel that you should be removed from?

The satire thing I agree with. Although I think it is meant that posting satire articles and discussing them is okay? I don't think it means, you can be satirical in your posts. Which is basically trolling.

It's the personal attacking that everyone seems to have a problem with. Attacking positions is a lot harder than attacking a poster and people be lazy.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-12 22:39:59  
You just dealt with a situation by closing a thread and punishing no one.
There was punishment, it just hasn't taken effect yet due to internal issues.
By Altimaomega 2016-05-12 22:42:06  
You can't delete posts in this section? Just curious.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-05-12 22:42:37  
Drama Torama said: »

Had to try something. Not quite content to call it a failure yet, but clearly there's problems in the format that need addressed.
Hey, if push comes to shove, you can always eliminate P&R and put the armchair politicians back on Facebook where they belong.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 38 39 40