Random Politics & Religion #05

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #05
Random Politics & Religion #05
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-12 22:43:08  
Altimaomega said: »
You can't delete posts in this section? Just curious.
We can.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-05-12 22:44:33  
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/12/europe/belgium-brussels-attacks-metro-email/index.html

Quote:
Brussels (CNN)An order to close the Brussels metro ahead of the deadly March terror attacks on the network failed to reach relevant authorities, in part because an email from Belgian federal police was sent to the wrong address, a parliamentary commission has heard.
The commission, established to investigate the March 22 bombings and whether they could have been prevented, heard this week that the senior police official in charge of Brussels' metro networks first learned more than an hour before the deadly bombing at Maelbeek metro station that the explosions at the city's airport were a terror attack.
By Altimaomega 2016-05-12 22:45:13  
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Drama Torama said: »
Asura.Carrotchan said: »
Why make "new and improved" P&R when this forum can't handle it? What's the point?

Had to try something. Not quite content to call it a failure yet, but clearly there's problems in the format that need addressed.
Hey, if push comes to shove, you can always eliminate P&R and put the armchair politicians back on Facebook where they belong.

Doesn't this site run on clicks? Considering P&R is most likely a fairly large click generator, eliminating it would kinda be like shooting yourself in the foot!

Segway into gun debate..
By Altimaomega 2016-05-12 22:47:00  
Anna Ruthven said: »
We can.

Kinda odd that someone causing so much trouble has posts that stay up since so many mods are on right now then isn't it?
By Ackeron 2016-05-12 22:48:19  
I think the BLU guide alone gets more clicks then P&R lol.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-12 22:50:25  
Out of curiosity, wasn't there at one point an idea where people would be notified at the end of a P&R thread of how many reports or infractions they had? Do you suppose something like that may help people be aware of their behavior, or perhaps defensive of it?
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-12 22:50:25  
We can.

Kinda odd that someone causing so much trouble has posts that stay up since so many mods are on right now then isn't it?
I don't want it to seem like I'm silencing criticism against us mods, if it were targeting someone else in P&R, I'd take it down.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-12 22:51:53  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Out of curiosity, wasn't there at one point an idea where people would be notified at the end of a P&R thread of how many reports or infractions they had? Do you suppose something like that may help people be aware of their behavior, or perhaps defensive of it?

I don't know how productive that would be since there are proven report abusers here.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-05-12 22:51:53  
We can.

I really try to avoid deleting things unless they're breaking rules or problematic in some other way.

Bring pissy at me and the mods isn't breaking a rule.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-05-12 22:52:24  
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Why make "new and improved" P&R when this forum can't handle it? What's the point?

Had to try something. Not quite content to call it a failure yet, but clearly there's problems in the format that need addressed.
Hey, if push comes to shove, you can always eliminate P&R and put the armchair politicians back on Facebook where they belong.

Doesn't this site run on clicks? Considering P&R is most likely a fairly large click generator, eliminating it would kinda be like shooting yourself in the foot!

Segway into gun debate..
No such thing as bad publicity, eh?

Besides, I think we all know that this site is survived by the blood, sweat and tears of Rooks as well as the Scragg Swag.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-05-12 22:56:05  

Segway into gun debate..

I don't know the specifics of AH's Google deal, but in general these days, ad revenue is mostly based on click-through, not pageview. Lots of pageviews where no one's clicking on anything is counterproductive.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-12 22:57:00  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I don't know how productive that would be since there are proven report abusers here.
Well, if reports made against someone for something that isn't an infraction would be an unwarranted report, then it might still help you be aware of what you say might be, to some degree, causing tension? I guess specifically if we saw which posts were the problematic ones.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-05-12 22:58:11  
I don't want it to seem like I'm silencing criticism against us mods, if it were targeting someone else in P&R, I'd take it down.

Rooks said: »
I really try to avoid deleting things unless they're breaking rules or problematic in some other way.

I understand. It just helps to hear the reasoning behind letting someone who has just been banned post.

Now that you have made your motives clear it doesn't look like you don't care and are ignoring your calls to punish the wicked or w/e.

If anyone cares what I think (Which I doubt) the lack of communication is the main problem around here.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-12 22:59:59  
ignoring your calls to punish the wicked or w/e.
As I said, punishment has happened, the reason he's still able to post is due to a caching error. I said this elsewhere and don't know where but I feel like a broken record.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-12 23:00:50  
This "Caching Error" stuff is getting too common... *glares at Rooks*
By fonewear 2016-05-12 23:01:23  
Just call it personal insults and random images. Make the title actually fit the thread !
By Altimaomega 2016-05-12 23:03:45  
ignoring your calls to punish the wicked or w/e.
As I said, punishment has happened, the reason he's still able to post is due to a caching error. I said this elsewhere and don't know where but I feel like a broken record.

And I asked why someone who was banned still has posts up when they are able to be deleted.

The first part of my sentence makes that second part clearer.

Now that you have made your motives clear it doesn't look like you don't care
By Altimaomega 2016-05-12 23:06:18  
Ackeron said: »

If you combine all of P&R it isn't even close.

If you combine just RP&R which is 2 years newer and the Trump thread they are about tied..
 Siren.Akson
サーバ: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-13 00:15:36  
STOP! Hammertime?
I like how it loads up just this, very funny, but then ....tldr
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-13 02:09:58  
Ackeron said: »

:)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-13 03:22:54  
Rooks said: »
It sure used to be.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-05-13 04:42:31  
i thought people only came here for rt/ni and the occasional mspaint. who knew?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-13 04:43:51  
People come here for different reasons, but everyone thinks their own applies to everybody else <.<
By fonewear 2016-05-13 06:13:12  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
People come here for different reasons, but everyone thinks their own applies to everybody else <.<

Mostly to avoid anime.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-05-13 06:25:03  
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-obamacare-court-ruling-20160512-snap-story.html
Quote:
Federal judge declared the Obama administration was unconstitutionally spending money to subsidize health insurers without obtaining an appropriation from Congress.

Last year, U.S. District Court Judge Rosemary Collyer broke new ground by ruling the GOP-controlled House of Representatives had legal standing to sue the president over how he was enforcing his signature healthcare law.

On Thursday, she ruled the administration is violating a provision of the law by paying promised reimbursements to health insurers who provide coverage at reduced costs to low-income Americans.

The judge's ruling, while a setback for the administration, was put on hold immediately and stands a good chance of being overturned on appeal.

But the 38-page opinion highlights the repeated complaint from Republicans that Obama and his administration have ignored constitutional limits on their authority.

The Constitution says "No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law," Collyer noted, but the administration has continued to pay billions to insurers for their extra cost of providing health coverage.

"Paying [those] reimbursements without an appropriation thus violates the Constitution," she wrote. "Congress is the only source for such an appropriation, and no public money can be spent without one."

Everyone get ready for President Trump!
By Jetackuu 2016-05-13 08:23:07  

IMO the thread has been remade too many times since the change implementation and not enough bans from the thread itself, the few that happened were typically soon followed by a thread remake so effectively it was pointless.

1 3/29/16
2 4/12/16
3 4/25/16
4 5/6/16
5 5/12/16

Then when stuff goes down some of the first thought is heavy handed tactics, when they're most likely not appropriate, even if the posters are repeat offenders and are on short leashes anyway.

But that's my take on it anyway.

*honestly I was thinking there was less time between each thread then there actually was, maybe I've just been too busy.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-05-13 08:23:57  

https://www.usa.gov/passport
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-13 08:25:42  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Well, if reports made against someone for something that isn't an infraction would be an unwarranted report, then it might still help you be aware of what you say might be, to some degree, causing tension? I guess specifically if we saw which posts were the problematic ones.

This would be great but there is a problem. There is a poster who reports on people because they simply do not like them, does not like what they say, does not like that people argue against the words they use. Simply does not like how debate works. They are also the first to create hostility and tension.

It's so bad that a specific Mod will always respond to their call, delete posts, reprimand people without looking at the context or what lead to post being reported on. When it's pointed out to them what the post is connected to they realize there was no infraction and that the person reporting is acting like a child.

This has been going on for years now, where some mods have a "*** that dude, he is a whiny *** who lies, creates drama and constantly calls on us to rescue him and even threatens us" mentality. While one Mod in particular still caters to their needs as soon as that report button is pushed.

The point of this is with regard to "which posts were problematic ones", in that the problematic ones are the ones that are responding to posts that contain false data and information, or simply just plain offensive to all. The posts that address that, make the "poster" feel that they are being attacked, not their words but themselves. This isn't just one person, but it tends to be the same people.

The real question is when does the Mod group realize, that group is not emotionally mature enough to enter into an argument/debate with people who are.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-13 08:31:59  

I still don't think it's going to happen, but I've been getting ready for it since I saw the first bumper sticker.

People are idiotic enough to vote for this clown.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-13 09:03:00  
A Trump presidency would be the worst thing since 7/11.

And I saw 7/11 with my own eyes.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40