Random Politics & Religion #05

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #05
Random Politics & Religion #05
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-26 10:17:52  
The 50s was arguably the American golden age so why not stick with Great American technology?

We just beat the Nazis and the Jap...anese. Magical times.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-26 10:29:01  
Soooo...about that G7.

The world leaders gathered together and each planted a symbolic tree.

I think stuff like this is as meaningless as it can get.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-26 10:29:55  
After years of posting on this site, I kinda figured by now that sweeping generalizations made about conservatives/liberals/Republicans/Democrats were allowable (though technically unfair).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-26 10:38:03  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Soooo...about that G7.

The world leaders gathered together and each planted a symbolic tree.

I think stuff like this is as meaningless as it can get.

"And then in my country, the candidates to replace me are Hillary and Trump."

*laughter*

Putin not being in this picture or part of the cool kids club is disappointing. Putin likes to laugh too.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-05-26 10:40:50  
I'm used to the prejudice of mods on this site in political discussions. I would have silently reported that post by Vic that was a clear personal attack with profanity but they removed my Report button a couple years ago for reporting several posts in a couple days that called me a racist. I had a mod today actually go back to edit my post just to add profanity that was not there.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-26 10:43:27  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
After years of posting on this site, I kinda figured by now that sweeping generalizations made about conservatives/liberals/Republicans/Democrats were allowable (though technically unfair).

It's hilarious but telling when Aman makes all these stereotypical arguments about liberals, triggers and SJW being cancers yet he wants the mods to swoop down and do something about posts.

Rather than follow out his own logic of 'muh freedoms' and block/ignore people, he wants government intervention, where the mods are the government working for him because hell if we don't pay our FFXIAH taxes.

This spills into the larger argument that many Conservatives just want the levers to suppress/oppress as was the case back in the 'Great America' portion of history. The freedom bit is just the convenient cover.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-26 10:45:57  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
I'm used to the prejudice of mods on this site in political discussions. I would have silently reported that post by Vic that was a clear personal attack with profanity but they removed my Report button a couple years ago for reporting several posts in a couple days that called me a racist. I had a mod today actually go back to edit my post just to add profanity that was not there.
When you leave the C out of 'fuk' it bypasses the profanity filter. You didn't have me do anything, I did it as a courtesy instead of, you know, topic banning you on the assumption it was intended to bypass the filter.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-26 10:59:29  
Sorry, Vic. But he's right.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-26 11:44:27  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Sorry, Vic. But he's right.

Which part?

That you're politically biased?
He's a frivolous reporter of posts?
He says racist things and is labeled such?
He posted things and you put profanities in his post?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-26 11:48:38  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
He posted things and you put profanities in his post?
What part of this...

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
I had a mod today actually go back to edit my post just to add profanity that was not there.

You tried to dodge the profanity filter, if there's too much profanity detected on this website it can't have ads which means no revenue.

...and this...

Anna Ruthven said: »
When you leave the C out of 'fuk' it bypasses the profanity filter. You didn't have me do anything, I did it as a courtesy instead of, you know, topic banning you on the assumption it was intended to bypass the filter.

...is unclear?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-26 11:51:16  
I liked the part when he went after Sparthosky and then cried about Vic calling it shitposting.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-26 12:00:19  
It's becoming increasingly clear that my previous leniency was unappreciated, now that I am topic banning over personal attacks and whatnot, that too is equally unappreciated. You see, there's no winning here, when there is no winning and no way to make you people happy or at all content, we really have no reason to give a damn.

We are lenient, people ***.
We topic ban without letting things slide with a case by case understanding, people ***.
We try any balance of the two extremes and people revert to bitching about one of the two.

My personal opinion is that there are several of you who don't belong in P&R and if given the go-ahead, I'd simply issue section bans. Not because of any political affiliation but because this section is full of children who can't get along regardless of the issue being discussed.

I honestly don't give two shits about politics but up until recently, I've suggested we NOT remove P&R whenever the idea was brought up but my view is quickly changing.

All that said, see you Monday and enjoy your Memorial day weekend.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40