Random Politics & Religion #05

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #05
Random Politics & Religion #05
First Page 2 3 4 ... 38 39 40
By Bloodrose 2016-05-13 09:06:06  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
A Trump presidency would be the worst thing since 7/11.

And I saw 7/11 with my own eyes.
Oh lordy, the horrors of what was found within that 7/11!
[+]
 Siren.Akson
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-13 09:09:42  
Ramyrez said: »
Altimaomega said: »
Everyone get ready for President Trump!

I still don't think it's going to happen, but I've been getting ready for it since I saw the first bumper sticker.

People are idiotic enough to vote for this clown.
Ppl feel that same sentiment towards Hilary and Bernie voters. Reality is that none of any these ppl will "change the world". The Govt will continue to do as it always does. The world will still spin. /scary
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-13 09:14:48  

Quote:
An attorney for the family of Travyon Martin said Thursday that he and the Martin family are disgusted by the announcement by George Zimmerman that he plans to auction off the gun that he used to kill the 17-year-old in 2012.

Zimmerman, who was tried and acquitted of second-degree murder for shooting and killing Martin, announced Wednesday on the website GunBroker.com that he is auctioning off the 9mm pistol he used in the shooting.

“It is insulting to this family that he would decide that he would sell the gun that he killed their child with,” Daryl D. Parks, one of the attorneys for Trayvon Martin’s family, said in an interview Thursday with The Post. “Think about what that means: This is a gun that took a child’s life and now he wants to make money off of it.”

Zimmerman, a volunteer neighborhood watchman in Sanford, Fla., shot and killed Martin in February 2012 after calling police to say he thought the teen was walking through the neighborhood suspiciously. He then followed Martin, whose father lived in the neighborhood, and confronted the teen with a gun. A struggle ensued, and Zimmerman claimed that Martin had gotten on top of him and was punching him when he fired the fatal shots.

The case prompted national outrage — first that Zimmerman had not been initially arrested, and then that he was acquitted — and sparked a dialogue on race, profiling and “Stand Your Ground” laws that was a precursor to the Black Lives Matter protest movement.

[George Zimmerman’s many, many controversies since the Trayvon Martin case]

In the auction listing, Zimmerman said he plans to use the proceeds from the gun’s sale to “fight [Black Lives Matter] violence against Law Enforcement officers” and oppose the candidacy of Hillary Clinton.

“The family does not want to dignify this with a response,” Parks said, echoing a statement issued earlier by his legal office. “Everyone agrees this is insulting and disrespectful. Without question, as time passes, we are seeing more and more the real person — who George Zimmerman really is versus who he was portrayed to be by his defense team.”

Remember this arsebag and how many people wanted to jump to his defense? Oh, that poor, poor neighborhood watch. Faithful defender of suburbia. Well, hes reverted back into his true form: a cretin who has more soiled garments than a Chinese laundromat and the gall to auction a gun for political purposes.

Scum.
By Ramyrez 2016-05-13 09:18:02  
Siren.Akson said: »
Ppl feel that same sentiment towards Hilary and Bernie voters. Reality is that none of any these ppl will "change the world". The Govt will continue to do as it always does. The world will still spin. /scary

Here's the thing.

People can think Bernie and Hillary supporters are wrong and idiots or whatever. That's their right.

But Bernie and Hillary aren't reality television stars.

And you can make all the false equivalence you want, it won't change the fact that a vote for The Donald isn't a vote for a man, it's a vote for an idea. It's a vote for fantasy as reality. It's a vote thinking that the way things are done on TV is the right way to do things. It's a vote for vigilante justice. It's a vote for the Wild West, when people don't even realize the Wild West wasn't the Wild West they think it was.

I get why people vote for Trump. That's why I'm concerned. People who even would happily vote for Ted Cruz, while I disagree with their points of view vehemently, I have to give at least a brief consideration that I'm wrong and they may be right, albeit a very small consideration.

With Donald Trump, I have to do no such thing. He's fake. These are people who would support Snooki for president as long as she said she was against a few of Obama's policies and said "'Murrica!" a few times.

You can make fun of Bernie supporters all you want for his ideas being unrealistic, but that's hyperbole at best and, realistically speaking, a gross misunderstanding of Bernie's ideas and policies because nobody thinks his policies are about "free" anything.

Trump has no plans. He has no viable solutions. He just has rhetoric, jargon, and a growing cult of personality that is, quite frankly, terrifying when you look at the beliefs of some of the social beliefs of many of the people with whom he polls well.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-05-13 09:20:32  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/12/europe/belgium-brussels-attacks-metro-email/index.html

Quote:
Brussels (CNN)An order to close the Brussels metro ahead of the deadly March terror attacks on the network failed to reach relevant authorities, in part because an email from Belgian federal police was sent to the wrong address, a parliamentary commission has heard.
The commission, established to investigate the March 22 bombings and whether they could have been prevented, heard this week that the senior police official in charge of Brussels' metro networks first learned more than an hour before the deadly bombing at Maelbeek metro station that the explosions at the city's airport were a terror attack.
I saw that one too Drac. How can they be so good at beer and so lousy at security?
By Ramyrez 2016-05-13 09:26:08  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
I saw that one too Drac. How can they be so good at beer and so lousy at security?

Because they're happy drunks who want to believe in the best in humanity.

I can get on board with that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-13 09:33:57  
I'm tired of hearing that ideas are unrealistic. Make them realistic then. That's the job of the *** Congress and the people they tap to make ideas into actual plans. Not to go up to Washington and take vacation repeatedly like a ***. And that's after whoring out for campaign donations to do the whole thing over again.

Shut down the gummint!

If we could implement a war strategy across the goddamn globe, a massive, sprawling financial bailout package and bail out the auto industry that dun goofed and launch people into *** *space* then we could make anything possible. Isn't the whole American ideal that we innovate the *** out of everything and anything?

The country that invented the pizza in a box made of pizza, flying machines @ Kitty Hawk and spray cheese in a can and you're gonna tell me that college reform is impossible? Yeah, impossible like that F35 budget. Oh wait, that's real.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-13 09:34:53  

Here's the thing.

People can think Bernie and Hillary supporters are wrong and idiots or whatever. That's their right.

But Bernie and Hillary aren't reality television stars.
ok bro...
1) Hilary - under investigation by the FBI...
2) Bernie -
Quote:
It's a vote for fantasy as reality.
See where going with this? Just like all the negative hype that surrounded Obama. These ppl speak to periculars groups of individuals in perticular but just like Obama, none of them will be The End of the World. So keep being "terrified" in the Home of the Brave.... /runaway
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-13 09:36:59  
flying machines @ Kitty Hawk

Oh you're sparking a fight here.

Were the flying machines innovated in Ohio where Wilbur and Orville got their mail or North Carolina where the feat took place?!

STATE BRAGGING RIGHTS ARE ON THE TABLE. WE'VE GOT TO BE CAREFUL.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-13 09:40:12  
So keep being "terrified" in the Home of the Brave.... /runaway

And you fall back on tired America Nationalistic hogwash.

And you're just repeating the same old crap about Bernie because you can't grasp the concepts. It's not fantasy. It's not "expecting something for free." There's a plan. There's a method. And it very well could work if people would give it a chance.

As for Hillary, I've never been a supporter but if it's her or The Donald, I'll take her in a heartbeat because more of the same is better than a change with Donald.

All the e-mail in the world isn't going to change the fact that Donald Trump is scum in a suit. I could have told you that in the 80s when I was 6 years old.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-13 09:40:18  
- If you support a known, blatant Liar under investigation. That's your choice.
- If you support Bernie and all his ideologies w/e.

I aint exactly afraid of either one of them being President. I aint running away to Mexico. I preparing passports to get out of dodge.I aint trying to spook anyone.

~ I like Trump. Deal w/ it?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-13 09:41:22  
flying machines @ Kitty Hawk

Oh you're sparking a fight here.

Were the flying machines innovated in Ohio where Wilbur and Orville got their mail or North Carolina where the feat took place?!

STATE BRAGGING RIGHTS ARE ON THE TABLE. WE'VE GOT TO BE CAREFUL.

Let's ask Obama for some input. He knows alot about who built what.

[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-13 09:42:19  
~ I like Trump. Deal w/ it?

I've been dealing with people like you my entire life. Blind patriotism, nationalism, or zealous belief in anything is something I learned to be very wary of at a very young age.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-13 09:43:16  
>> Bernie's plans are unrealistic.
>> Suggests plan to build a continuous physical wall across the US/Mexico border at Mexico's expense. That's realistic.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-13 09:43:27  
Also, did I ever mention running away? I'm not going anywhere.

I just know Trump will be a massive step backward for this country.

Of course we'll survive it.

But that's like saying your kid will still find a job even if he flunks out of high school.

It just won't be a very good one.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-13 09:44:32  

No different than a terrorist whom feeds on your fears to force you to make decisions you shouldnt. Stay scared. Stay fear mongering. Just dont be realistic and expect anything to drasticly change.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-13 09:46:17  
So...when is Trump going to release his tax returns for the masses?

#dontbeweakdonald
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-13 09:49:05  
The whole allure of voting Trump is that he's going to come in like a wrecking ball and change things. It's the single handed reason the man went from firing people in a faux boardroom to being the nominee.

He's like Obama, for Republicans. Change you can believe in. Of course his support ranges from people fed up with conservatives deep in bed with special interests down the line to angry white guys who can't believe the world isn't there's to do as they please on a silver platter.

All that aside, Trump hasn't proven that he actually has substantive plans other than serving up alot of nationalistic red meat and flip flopping like the salesman he is.

The wall plan is a joke, the bully China plan is a joke and while Hillary promises status quo up the wazoo, I don't see what Trump offers that isn't just a great big protest vote.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-13 09:50:54  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

#dontbeweakdonald
probly after the Govt stops pandering to corporate america and stops its war against the public's health. Tomorrow
By Ramyrez 2016-05-13 09:51:32  

No different than a terrorist whom feeds on your fears to force you to make decisions you shouldnt. Stay scared. Stay fear mongering. Just dont be realistic and expect anything to drasticly change.

Did you seriously just compare me to a terrorist and use more fear-mongering nationalistic jargon (like a terrorist), calling me scared of...

You're not only falling victim to the same ideology flaws you see in your perceived enemy, you're calling me like them because of it...and you're doubling back on your own argument.

Yeah, see, this is exactly what I'm talking about.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-13 09:53:43  

Did you seriously just compare me to a terrorist and use more fear-mongering nationalistic jargon (like a terrorist), calling me scared of...

You're not only falling victim to the same ideology flaws you see in your perceived enemy, you're calling me like them because of it...and you're doubling back on your own argument.

Yeah, see, this is exactly what I'm talking about.
Im saying... grow some balls ffs
By Ramyrez 2016-05-13 09:54:02  

#dontbeweakdonald
probly after the Govt stops pandering to corporate america and stops its war against the public's health. Tomorrow

Jesus-Titty-***-An-Apple-Pie.

Donald is corporate America.

He is part of the current equation, therefore, part of the problem.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-13 09:55:16  
No offense.......
Im not too worried over whom is or isnt the next US president.
By Ramyrez 2016-05-13 09:55:36  
Im saying... grow some balls ffs

And now it's come to this.

One might infer you've got a lot of insecurities and the Donald makes you feel like part of something that's going somewhere and that's really what you're looking for. Not change. Not a better country.

A warm blanket to wrap yourself in and feel safe.

[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-13 09:57:55  

#dontbeweakdonald

my aim wasnt in defense of donald lol. As if I give 2 shits about his rep... its more pointing out 2 other problems that currently exist and none of the above will change
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-13 09:59:08  
A warm blanket to wrap yourself in and feel safe.

It shows how many Americans want a Putin for a leader and it's something the country needs to keep on watch for in the future.

If we really value democracy. And don't only use it as a condiment. Like ketchup on a hot dog.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-13 09:59:48  
Like ketchup on a hot dog.

Casually dropping all the controversies today, I see.

You rebel.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-05-13 10:00:35  
It's not a hot dog, it's a trump dog.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-13 10:04:54  

#dontbeweakdonald

my aim wasnt in defense of donald lol. As if I give 2 shits about his rep... its more pointing out 2 other problems that currently exist and none of the above will change

Well, my point was to point out Trump has been an agitator of politicians running for office by dogging them to release their tax returns and that now that is his turn he doesn't want to. Which is very telling about his character.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-13 10:05:15  
Bloodrose said: »
It's not a hot dog, it's a trump dog.

Freedom dogs. Made with real Americans.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 38 39 40