Random Politics & Religion #05

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #05
Random Politics & Religion #05
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 38 39 40
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-13 10:06:50  
Ramyrez said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Like ketchup on a hot dog.

Casually dropping all the controversies today, I see.

You rebel.

Thinking of a way to work in Edward Snowden.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-13 10:07:25  
Bloodrose said: »
It's not a hot dog, it's a trump dog.

Freedom dogs. Made with real Americans.

They got them "down there on 7/11".
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-05-13 10:08:12  

Fill your mouth with Freedom!
[+]
 Siren.Akson
サーバ: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-13 10:12:34  

Yeah I can see why now such P&R rules exist. 1 vs the brady bunch gang. LoL rock on.
Just stop worrying over nothing. Dont /panic. It's just another president no matter which one you choose. Ok?
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-13 10:18:21  
Siren.Akson said: »
1 vs the brady bunch gang. LoL rock on.

Haha just now figuring that out? This place is very heavily loaded with liberals, so much so that central-left people look conservative by comparison.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-05-13 10:18:43  

Yeah I can see why now such P&R rules exist. 1 vs the brady bunch gang. LoL rock on.
Just stop worrying over nothing. Dont /panic. It's just another president no matter which one you choose. Ok?
It's more like we find your position to be ridiculous, many have argued so, and pointed out the flaws in what little argument you had. To which you had resorted to attributing your personal bias onto others with false equivalences in the form of personal attacks. And when someone does take issue with such, it's a "grow some balls" defense, and yet you cry foul when others no longer have a need or desire to take you seriously.

We're just treating the content of your posts with the ridiculousness it deserves, as such is the way of debates.

Maybe... you know, "grow some balls".
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-13 10:19:03  

I should legitimately be worried when a candidate for president is Donald Trump, full stop. Trying to say any POTUS is whatever and nothing will change is defeatist bull that won't change anything and Presidents do shape where the country goes during their tenure. Would hypothetical Trump 'ruin' America? No. But he could do some dumb ***that has lasting American consequences.

See: Iraq invasion, Daesh, TSA groping.

Clinton has her own problems but Donald Trump? The salesman, I'm richy rich, Apprentice, says typical rich white guy things, didn't you know im rich, golf course, taj mahal, real estate tycoon, trump steaks, here's some failed vodka Donald Trump, im rich ***, Mexico gonna get it as my President?

Nah bro. I'd rather Ben Carson and his grain elevators in the Pyramids. At least that sounds like an engineering project that'd score us some jobs.
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-05-13 10:20:25  
A Trump presidency would be the worst thing since 7/11.

And I saw 7/11 with my own eyes.

Are we sure 7/11 isn't the real terror threat?

Let's be honest, it's probably killed a lot more than three thousand Americans

Asura.Saevel said: »
central-left people

Honest question: who here do you consider center-left? Because there's no shortage of real conservatives here.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-05-13 10:21:15  
Drama Torama said: »
A Trump presidency would be the worst thing since 7/11.

And I saw 7/11 with my own eyes.

Are we sure 7/11 isn't the real terror threat?

Let's be honest, it's probably killed a lot more than three thousand Americans

central-left people

Honest question: who here do you consider center-left? Because there's no shortage of real conservatives here.
But the Industrial "central-leftist" victim complex is a boomin'!
By Bloodrose 2016-05-13 10:23:13  

I should legitimately be worried when a candidate for president is Donald Trump, full stop. Trying to say any POTUS is whatever and nothing will change is defeatist bull that won't change anything and Presidents do shape where the country goes during their tenure. Would hypothetical Trump 'ruin' America? No. But he could do some dumb ***that has lasting American consequences.

Clinton has her own problems but Donald Trump? The salesman, I'm richy rich, Apprentice, says typical rich white guy things, didn't you know im rich, golf course, taj mahal, real estate tycoon, trump steaks, here's some failed vodka Donald Trump, im rich ***, Mexico gonna get it as my President?

Nah bro. I'd rather Ben Carson and his grain elevators in the Pyramids. At least that sounds like an engineering project that'd score us some jobs.
The president-elect and the foreign policies also affect other nations, particularly their allies, international trade, and so forth. So to say "it's just another president" is well, uninformed, at best.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-13 10:24:39  
Few things I like about Trump. Then yall can back to running for the border or using fear to try to sway my opinion.

1 - He's not a politician which means things would be alot more interesting imo than the typical, tell you this but does the opposite individual

2 - I dont believe in ilegal immigration. I can accept the idea he wont fix it but atleast now its atleast open for discussion

Im done. Go Bernie. RahRahRah... I wont pretend to care whom you vote for. w/e makes you happy. Meh
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-05-13 10:26:31  
tell you this but does the opposite individual

He flipflops a lot though, he changes his mind all the time lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-13 10:26:38  

But he's gonna build a wall the American way

with cheap foreign migrant labor
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-13 10:26:55  
1 vs the brady bunch gang. LoL rock on.

Haha just now figuring that out? This place is very heavily loaded with liberals, so much so that central-left people look conservative by comparison.

And Stormfront is full of white nationalists that'd shoot down anything that goes against their agenda. Wanna bet how long 'liberal' voices last there before gestapo moderation silences them?

You'd go about 30 seconds before the word cuck is evoked and you eat a ban or threat of being murdered. Bonus point if someone talks about the Jews.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-13 10:30:37  
Few things I like about Trump. Then yall can back to running for the border or using fear to try to sway my opinion.

1 - He's not a politician which means things would be alot more interesting imo than the typical, tell you this but does the opposite individual

2 - I dont believe in ilegal immigration. I can accept the idea he wont fix it but atleast now its atleast open for discussion

Im done. Go Bernie. RahRahRah... I wont pretend to care whom you vote for. w/e makes you happy. Meh

Thanks. My vote for Goku will ensure the planet remains safe from alien threats.

I was thinking maybe Superman but that guy totally leveled Metropolis fighting General Zod. No regard for the sanctity of life.

The Avengers tax plan include making me pay for infinity stones that I don't see doing ***other than opening portals over New York and Boston. Also, the Ultron program was such a waste of taxpayer dollars.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-13 10:30:44  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

You have a valid point. Maybe Im just sick of politicians themselves in general
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-13 10:32:14  

There's four maybe five here that post in P&R.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-13 10:34:29  

If Hillary Clinton were any different then you'd have a valid argument against Trump.

It's 2016, everyone. All aboard the Pander Train!
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-05-13 10:35:10  
I don't like Hillary either
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-13 10:41:30  
I dislike Hillary but when it's her or The Ego...
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-05-13 10:43:00  

You have a valid point. Maybe Im just sick of politicians themselves in general
There are *some* good things to have happened while Trump began his... "candidacy" for president.

He's certainly shaken up the election process, and seems to have woken up some of the non-voters into actually taking part in the election process.

That said, he's only been good for the election process, and that's about it. It isn't really fear-mongering to address his lack of any kind of plan aside from the "Mexico will pay for this wall", on which he has back-tracked or corrected several times on, and is still logistically impossible, and fundamentally impossible because of other access points, since most who enter America illegally do so through legal access points. As is deporting or banning all members of the Muslim faith from entering or staying in America, not to mention being absolutely unconstitutional to boot.

Even when you support someone as a candidate, you should really be looking at their plans for reform critically, to remove doubt, and be able to argue their merits or find flaws that can be corrected before it goes into effect.

Specifically for you, Akson, what economic, social, and foreign affair plans of Trump's can you look at critically, and support?

And even as a businessman, he is very much into politics, but in a different way than most. He can simply brand himself as a businessman instead, to sway the undecided voters to his side, and even use his money to prevent being paid for (which means he has no one to answer to for his gaffes. Yes, it seems counter-intuitive to say that when we've all wanted a politician who wasn't beholden to special interest groups, but in this case, Trump is his own special interest) Make no mistake though, he is still a politician at this point, and should be treated as one.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-13 10:46:06  
Remember that survey that was posted in Random P&R #0? The one where it showed several people on the far left of the political spectrum?

If I remember correctly, those that posted results showed:

Far left:
Seha
Pleebo
Vic
Floppy

Middle left:
Chaosx

Middle Right:
Ravael
Altima
Myself

I don't think anyone posted their results to the far right.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-13 10:47:01  
My fundamental problem with Trump is that politics is the art of negotiation and nothing we've seen up front and center deems that he'll be able to do anything other than run into a huge wall of '*** you' as POTUS. His statesmanship game is in the negatives and anyone he doesn't like is dead to him. Insult the Donald by accident or in jest and the petty son of a *** will whine, hate and try to demean you forever.

Like a child.

Hillary is a slippery, flip flopping, politician, chessmaster, reptilian son of a *** but she'd probably be able to negotiate deals. She's firmly in the camp of 'slow and steady' on any change which runs contrary to the problems *I* perceive face the country but as a statesman? She's got game. *Too* much game.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-05-13 10:47:42  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Remember that survey that was posted in Random P&R #0? The one where it showed several people on the far left of the political spectrum?

If I remember correctly, those that posted results showed:

Far left:
Seha
Pleebo
Vic
Floppy

Middle left:
Chaosx

Middle Right:
Ravael
Altima
Myself

I don't think anyone posted their results to the far right.
I remember doing that quiz thing in the older RpnR thread before this numerical ***cropped up. I was fairly right wing when I did that quiz.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-13 10:49:19  
Insult the Donald by accident or in jest and the petty son of a *** will whine, hate and try to demean you forever.

Don't forget lawsuits. He loves frivolous lawsuits.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-13 10:49:37  
Donald Trump evokes the Regan era Pro-America propaganda many of us were raised on. I feel at times this why his support base is drawn to him; whether its conscious or subconscious.

Make America Great Again, it's an intriguing slogan. Does it evoke 1950's post war boom America or the 1980's Team America? It's probably a different message based on age.

Imagine if 2016 Trump ran in 1988, H.W. and Dukakis wouldn't have prayer.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-13 10:50:41  
I dont see anything wrong with securing borders or making sure there is no 9/11 part2. Other than that honestly... I lose my focus of paying attention. ADHD maybe but none of the rest means much to me. To me those 2 issues, other than the FDA vs E-Cigs, are the only issues in my mind. Rest is whatever
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-13 10:50:57  
My fundamental problem with Trump is that politics is the art of negotiation and nothing we've seen up front and center deems that he'll be able to do anything other than run into a huge wall of '*** you' as POTUS.
What about Clinton? She is basically doing the same thing. Kindof like how Obama did it for the past 8 years.

Insult the Donald by accident or in jest and the petty son of a *** will whine, hate and try to demean you forever.
Again, Clinton also.

Hillary is a slippery, flip flopping, politician, chessmaster, reptilian son of a *** but she'd probably be able to negotiate deals.
Wow, so will Trump. He's already changed his rhetoric (at least toned it down). He's already trying to unify the Republican party. To ignore all that and live in his first 30 days of political candidacy is ludicrous at best.

She's firmly in the camp of 'slow and steady' on any change which runs contrary to the problems *I* perceive face the country but as a statesman? She's got game. *Too* much game.
Except she doesn't want change. It took her forever to even support the $15/hr. minimum wage movement, and only when it was politically convenient for her to do so.

If anything, she is just as fake as most people accuse Trump of being.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-13 10:52:04  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Donald Trump evokes the Regan era Pro-America propaganda many of us were raised on. I feel at times this why his support base is drawn to him; whether its conscious or subconscious.

Make America Great Again, it's an intriguing slogan. Does it evoke 1950's post war boom America or the 1980's Team America? It's probably a different message based on age.

Imagine if 2016 Trump ran in 1988, H.W. and Dukakis wouldn't have prayer.
What about "Hope and Change"?

Remember that propaganda?
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-05-13 10:57:54  
I dont see anything wrong with securing borders or making sure there is no 9/11 part2. Other than that honestly... I lose my focus of paying attention. ADHD maybe but none of the rest means much to me. To me those 2 issues, other than the FDA vs E-Cigs, are the only issues in my mind. Rest is whatever
But he's not doing anything to secure the borders. All he's doing is securing your perception of what border security is.

Look at the logistics reports on what it would cost to build a wall as proposed: The materials alone account for more than double his initial "estimate", then there's the issue of manpower, and maintenance. None of which, according to border security reports, have any significant impact on actual border security. Most of the illegals coming through, as mentioned, find a way around the system itself, by coming in through legal channels. The greater number of people coming in illegal do so through passenger FLIGHTS or through refugee claims that aren't screened properly, if at all. Then when they are allowed into the country, the agencies that are supposed to be keeping tabs get lax and lose contact. If anything, trump should be bringing down the hammer on these processes and agencies if he wants to really work on securing the borders. Not banning 2/3rds of the people who want a better life and to live the American Dream, or building a fruitless wall, with a vain attempt to get someone else to pay for it, so he doesn't have to.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 38 39 40