Lost Finale: What Did You Think? (Spoiler Alert)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Lost Finale: What did you think? (Spoiler Alert)
Lost Finale: What did you think? (Spoiler Alert)
 Asura.Kalekka
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kalekka
By Asura.Kalekka 2010-05-24 10:35:26  
Yeah...That's kind of the one thing frustrating me. So many people posting here and other places saying that the producers lied about the island not being purgatory.

Quite frankly, if you didn't watch the last season or last episode...or if you are too dumb to pay attention to basic story concepts or dialogue...then just don't bother commenting.

The ISLAND was NOT Purgatory.

The flash-sideways WAS purgatory TYPE place. A place that (and this was said in dialogue) they all created together so they could find one another after death. Some died before Jack, others died long after. But it was still a place for them to all remember and find each other after death.

In short, no one was lied to. As promised, the island was REAL.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2010-05-24 10:44:32  
<Sammitch> Oh boy a Lost finale thread! This will be a great place to discuss the finer details of the plot and have an intelligent deba-

<Thread>

<Sammitch> *** this, I'm out.
[+]
 Caitsith.Trefold
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Trefold 2010-05-24 11:03:12  
It's been less than one day since the finale, how is this beating a dead horse again? O.o
 Sylph.Akibakei
サーバ: Sylph
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-05-24 11:04:18  
Stay sammitch! I will talk with you. I need Lost chat to help me cope with it being gone.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-05-24 11:05:00  
Caitsith.Trefold said:
It's been less than one day since the finale, how is this beating a dead horse again? O.o

I think he's referring to the people who keep saying "Lost sux cause they dont answer anything" people.
 Caitsith.Trefold
By Caitsith.Trefold 2010-05-24 11:13:35  
Sylph.Akibakei said:
Caitsith.Trefold said:

I think he's referring to the people who keep saying "Lost sux cause they dont answer anything" people.

aah, yeah now that I re-read it, makes more sense.

On topic, I thought it was a good ending for the series. As someone said earlier it brought the focus back on the characters like the beginning of the show, instead of about the science of the island, the threat of the "others", etc.

I'm sure when I watch it over again, I'll have questions, like how did they get Anthony Cooper to the island or "The Wheel". But all in all, I'm glad it ended the way it did.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2010-05-24 11:14:26  
Caitsith.Trefold said:
It's purgatory!
It's not purgatory!
Sideways was purgatory!
You just said it wasn't purgatory!
It's purgatory!
It's NOT purgatory.
I only watched the first and last episode. It's purgatory.
HUAGHAAHUASABUAGHGLBRRLBLL
 Caitsith.Trefold
By Caitsith.Trefold 2010-05-24 11:43:28  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_nczWGusKU

I was re-watching this scene since I thought I remembered her saying something that was relevant to the ending. Sure enough, it was. Not at the point I was expecting though. :P
 Caitsith.Trefold
By Caitsith.Trefold 2010-05-24 11:43:59  
 Valefor.Zandy
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Zandy 2010-05-24 12:06:41  
I wanna know what happened to Richard :( ...They dedicated a whole episode to how he got to the island etc etc and then just poof- forgotten.
[+]
 Cerberus.Rictor
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Spoon
By Cerberus.Rictor 2010-05-24 12:08:58  
Yeah, I was curious as to how Richard would survive in the world outside of the island, since he's a few centuries out of date. Also, I absolutely hated Juliette and was ecstatic when she finally died...it would only have been trumped by Kate's death, following her most infamous of quotes: "I'm coming with you..."
 Asura.Kalekka
By Asura.Kalekka 2010-05-24 12:10:04  
Valefor.Zandy said:
I wanna know what happened to Richard :( ...They dedicated a whole episode to how he got to the island etc etc and then just poof- forgotten.

Not sure exactly what happened to him, but Miles did point out that Richard had gotten his first gray hair. Which, to me, leads me to believe that his "never ending life" is over. He was finally starting to age. And since he -did- get on the plane at the end....It left it a bit open ended to think perhaps he lived out a normal life off the island.

As for why he wasn't at the church...perhaps his "purgatory" was being with his wife. The love of his life.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-05-24 12:13:40  
Asura.Kalekka said:
Valefor.Zandy said:

Not sure exactly what happened to him, but Miles did point out that Richard had gotten his first gray hair. Which, to me, leads me to believe that his "never ending life" is over. He was finally starting to age. And since he -did- get on the plane at the end....It left it a bit open ended to think perhaps he lived out a normal life off the island.

As for why he wasn't at the church...perhaps his "purgatory" was being with his wife. The love of his life.

This is correct, Richard was very happy to be aging, ecstatic even. He was finally at peace enough with himself to die.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-05-24 12:14:04  
Greys anatomy season finale was better!!! :D
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-05-24 12:21:45  
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Greys anatomy season finale was better!!! :D

*** or gtfo
[+]
 Asura.Sstrunks
user: sstrunks
By Asura.Sstrunks 2010-05-24 12:38:26  
i'll admit, im still a little lost (no pun intended) i watched every single episode, season 1-6 and the end still kinda confused me but all in all i thought it was GREAT, charlie and claire flashy backy thingy was EPIC, almost made me cry and ben and locke exchanging words near the end was just awsome!!!
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2010-05-24 14:11:24  
I still want to know what the deal was with the light in the hole. Is it supposed to be some sort of ancient nuclear reactor powered by love that keeps the island afloat?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-05-24 14:12:31  
after watching the very first episode where there was a polar bear on a tropical island, I stopped watching. I just hope you idiots don't start your own Lost language/fan clubs/way of life
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-05-24 17:05:23  
What amused me was that I was reading "House of M" right before watching the Lost finale--the whole "OMFGIREMEMBERMYPASTLIFE" flashback was all déja vu-ey to me. :P
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-05-24 17:26:27  
I haven't watched a single episode of lost..and after reading this thread I am glad that I did not watch it.
 Cerberus.Rictor
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Spoon
By Cerberus.Rictor 2010-05-24 19:10:55  
Midgardsormr.Sammitch said:
I still want to know what the deal was with the light in the hole. Is it supposed to be some sort of ancient nuclear reactor powered by love that keeps the island afloat?

Love Reactor, the next JJ Abrams series
Ragnarok.Anye said:
What amused me was that I was reading "House of M" right before watching the Lost finale--the whole "OMFGIREMEMBERMYPASTLIFE" flashback was all déja vu-ey to me. :P

OMG IknoRight? House of M was pretty epic, but I haven't picked anything Marvel up since that and Civil War :/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-05-24 20:45:09  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
after watching the very first episode where there was a polar bear on a tropical island, I stopped watching. I just hope you idiots don't start your own Lost language/fan clubs/way of life

GTFO you *** troll. No one has or ever will care about anything you say. This is a thread about Lost so you did not watch it, then gtfo.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-05-24 20:46:25  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
So what did the smoke monster turn out to be?

I just remembered about him from the LOL Pic about him lol, that's really the only thing that was kinda cool about Lost; surprise buttsecks time travel was pretty cool too.

Smokie was the thing that could turn into anything dead from the Losties past, which is why everyone had flashes of seeing past things on the island. He used this in order to gain control of and exploit situations.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-05-24 20:57:53  
nah, it wasnt a dream. it was all real. people are just jumping to conclusions without listening to the dialogue and putting 2 and 2 together. imagine that!
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-24 22:50:32  
I don't understand how people didn't get this...

When they were all dead, they all created a sideways reality with each other, built around finding each other, remembering each other and then 'moving on' together.

Favourite part was Vincent lying down by jack at the end, I was welling up with tears at that point.

Brilliant finale, and ended it off on such a happy note. I don't get how people didn't understand it though.
 Asura.Kalekka
By Asura.Kalekka 2010-05-24 23:18:53  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I don't understand how people didn't get this...

When they were all dead, they all created a sideways reality with each other, built around finding each other, remembering each other and then 'moving on' together.

Favourite part was Vincent lying down by jack at the end, I was welling up with tears at that point.

Brilliant finale, and ended it off on such a happy note. I don't get how people didn't understand it though.

Several of us have tried explaining this all to other people who just...i don't know, either they didn't watch the show, didn't pay attention, or they are just plain HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

I was in tears when Vincent was lying down beside Jack as well. I'm usually not girlie enough to cry over a show or movie, but I don't know, i guess after six years it was just kind of a bittersweet ending. The final scene of Jack closing his eye was awesome.

however, from a previous post about the smoke monster. It could not turn into anything from their past. He needed a dead body to imitate (for lack of a better term). It was Jack's dad, who died in australia and the coffin ended up on the island in the begining...then it was Locke, who's body was brought back to the island after his death.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-05-25 04:15:30  
I just loved the flashback moments; the amount of emotion they had to manifest really demonstrates their acting skill. ; ; I kept tearing up every they did....
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-25 10:11:48  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
I just loved the flashback moments; the amount of emotion they had to manifest really demonstrates their acting skill. ; ; I kept tearing up every they did....

Lol same, most emotional for me had to be Claire and Charlie ; ;