users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Apple Overtakes Microsoft
Apple Overtakes Microsoft
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-05-26 20:45:26  
Sahjya said:
There has yet to be any evidence presented to support that claim.

There has been lots of evidence within other business. Not specifically Apple.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-26 20:47:00  
I used to use Macs in school. The PCs were old, Windows 98 models (that still did great), and with grant money or some ***, they bought 17 new iMacs. To me, IDK why, the OS of a Mac seems kinda limited and cheap. Kinda a PS3/PSP Firmware feel.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-05-26 20:55:31  
Lakshmi.Feifongwong said:
If Microsoft were to cut their support for Apple products it would be up in the air because so much business relies on MS products.

Just a random aside, but they can't. They already tried once in the past and got nailed by the government for trust violations. (Back when they were trying to kill Java, push Internet Explorer, and use Office's ubiquity to force Windows sales.) They are permanently barred in the US and Europe from doing so.

Of course, Adobe just got Apple slapped with an anti-trust investigation as well. We'll see how that pans out in the next few years.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-05-26 21:11:18  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Lakshmi.Feifongwong said:
If Microsoft were to cut their support for Apple products it would be up in the air because so much business relies on MS products.

Just a random aside, but they can't. They already tried once in the past and got nailed by the government for trust violations. (Back when they were trying to kill Java, push Internet Explorer, and use Office's ubiquity to force Windows sales.) They are permanently barred in the US and Europe from doing so.

Of course, Adobe just got Apple slapped with an anti-trust investigation as well. We'll see how that pans out in the next few years.

That was due to them forcing other companies out of their Windows OS product which would cause a monopoly, such as Netscape. Which was open for use to all other software developers. That's why they got in trouble for that move.

It's their choice if they decide they don't want to provide products to another company. It's not like Netscape decided they didn't want to provide a service.
 Valefor.Araius
サーバ: Valefor
user: Araius
By Valefor.Araius 2010-05-26 21:16:42  
If people actually paid for Microsoft's software, I doubt this would ever happen. Thing is, you can't torrent an iPod.

Not that there's anything WRONG with that.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-05-26 21:23:11  
In the interests of full disclosure, I refuse to own an Apple desktop and don't own an Apple laptop.

But every post I've made here for the past month has been from an iPad, (including this one), and I'm on my fifth iPhone. (All three generations, plus one stolen, plus one sent through the washing machine.) So I kinda come from both sides of the argument.
 Seraph.Pikachu
サーバ: Seraph
user: chuuuuu
By Seraph.Pikachu 2010-05-26 21:24:07  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
In the interests of full disclosure, I refuse to own an Apple desktop and don't own an Apple laptop.

But every post I've made here for the past month has been from an iPad, (including this one), and I'm on my fifth iPhone. (All three generations, plus one stolen, plus one sent through the washing machine.) So I kinda come from both sides of the argument.
you have an ipad?! /shun
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-05-26 21:24:26  
Valefor.Araius said:
If people actually paid for Microsoft's software, I doubt this would ever happen. Thing is, you can't torrent an iPod.

Not that there's anything WRONG with that.

not people, business.... dork.

A business will not get products for free, due to the number of licenses needed.

iPod? Lots of other options too

iPhone? Blackberry and many other options too...

iPad? LOL useless consumer junk.. don't need a rep
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-26 21:25:03  
Lol thru the washing machine... if that had been a original gameboy it would've still worked!
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-26 21:27:37  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
In the interests of full disclosure, I refuse to own an Apple desktop and don't own an Apple laptop. But every post I've made here for the past month has been from an iPad, (including this one), and I'm on my fifth iPhone. (All three generations, plus one stolen, plus one sent through the washing machine.) So I kinda come from both sides of the argument.

I don't think you've ever made me /facepalm before.. Get a Samsung Rugby, you can use it as a throwing weapon then call 911 with it to help whoever you just K.O.'d.
[+]