Campaign And Boring(ness?)..

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Campaign and Boring(ness?)..
Campaign and Boring(ness?)..
First Page 2
 Asura.Daleterrence
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-05-30 04:18:26  
Right.. So here I am, a soon to be BLM75, doing Campaign.. And it's.. well a bit boring. I need to do it for the notes, not only am I low, I'll lose my medal soon etc.

Anyways, down to the point of this thread.. Is there anyone on Asura (inb4WutServer?) that Campaigns a lot, and would like to team up? Might make it a little less boring if I'm doing it with someone else.
 Asura.Kowen
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-05-30 04:30:39  
I'm campaigning a bit myself atm and would be happy to join up with you.

It's pretty easy to get an invite just by shouting for one too, especially if you're in a zone with a lot of people.
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-05-30 04:37:47  
Asura.Kowen said:
I'm campaigning a bit myself atm and would be happy to join up with you.

It's pretty easy to get an invite just by shouting for one too, especially if you're in a zone with a lot of people.

Well yeah, but most people will leave after that fight.
 Ragnarok.Corres
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-05-30 22:43:49  
you make an evaltuation. between the 5 real day waiting time for another evaluation you get about 2k allied notes at least. at the 5th day when you can evaluate again just do it and you gain the next rank in the medals. works so far for every medal that i got. Mythril Star $$$ atm.

and a good thing: join up with ls people or maybe someone you know that is a BST or so. Pashow-marshlands is absolute epic for this. even for BLM.
 Asura.Shayka
user: Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2010-05-30 22:48:23  
I need to get back into Campaigning, if you don't mind me tagging along >.> I'm not on a lot anymore [I'm sick and don't wanna get on some days ><] but you're on my flist so you can see when I am on.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-05-31 00:04:47  
Being with someone doesn't really make it less boring =/ You both still end up being seperated usually, so might as well be on your own..

The only thing that teaming up for it offers, is being able to tell each other just how screwed you are in /p, instead of /l or /t.. <_< Or both talk about how much of a dumbass that person was to stand right in the way of the oncoming mobs, aggro all 20 and run right into the middle of everyone, so when he dies, he manages to MPK 10+ people. Oh, and dedicated raises for each other after said idiot MPK's half the people participating in the CB, as opposed to just waiting for when a raiser randomly targets your corpse instead of the 5 billion on top of you >.<

Not sure if that type of ***happens on all servers, but it happens on mine quite frequently. I seem to be the only that IF (IIIFFFF) they do something stupid like that, runs AWAY from everyone else.
 Odin.Venomous
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Venomous 2010-05-31 00:37:53  
Don't happen on my server. If I do a campaign party with friends or even pick ups, I grab a mob and we take it down.

Now unless your servers full of those morons who camp the Fort while mobs are making their way to it and then aggro all of them then scream "NoWai!" then too bad for them.

I never understood why people do that crap. Only thing I hate about campaign is when they decide to flood a Fort with every NPC in the game...
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-05-31 00:44:15  
Nope these people will stand directly in the way of incoming mobs, not attacking a fort or anything, take Beau for example, when they're coming from that ramp to the left... The will stand directly 'around the corner' (not overlooking the ramp, right about the spot where the ramp evens off and becomes the next level) and just wait.. Or Vunkrel, they'll stand ON the bridge.. They stand exactly in the oncoming trains path, aggro them all, and then run back to those of us not stupid enough to stand in the way, effectively MPK'ing literally 10+ people (the only reason the number is THAT low is because the group standing around is the smart one, waiting on the mobs to pick them off one at a time, and when the group gets aggro'd by 10-20 different mobs, we split up into groups, it's usually the mages that end up dead, it happens quick, once bodies stop falling, you know the only ones standing are the ones that can take the hits, like the DNCs, NIN's, PLD's, etc.)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-31 10:40:05  
blu/dnc rawr!!! Friggin make those sams go where are those 3 mobs that were here while I was killing this one

blm/sch can be loads of fun if you can get um can't think of the name but the no physical dmg for 45 sec drink.

Drink that find a group and do 3-4 aga3s on 6-10 mobs yeah xp be a flowing in. Rinse repeat
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-31 10:58:58  
I'd imagine just sitting back and nuking isn't as fun as meleeing.
Go up where the action is! Half the fun of Campaign is trying to stay alive, lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-31 11:03:53  
Why try to survive when you can do suicide suicide bomb groups of mobs?!

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-31 11:14:51  
As long as you have a constant RR from /Whm or /Sch (Sch gets RR, right?) then you're good to go. Just make sure you get the exp's worth since each death is -100 exp/tags.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-31 11:16:40  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
The most thing I hate so much about Campaign battle is when you're soloing a mob on any job and someone comes and tries to "help" you kill it -_-;;

GET YOUR OWN DAMN MOB!!

I hate selfish *** in Campaign. Not everyone has the level and job combination to solo a mob (don't say every job can because that's a flat-out lie).

[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-31 11:21:38  
God I hate that. I can't think how many times I've watched 20+ mobs attack a fort and instead of killing one of those right next to them then entire group of PCs will come running for a good min to where I've pulled mine.

Seriously I pulled it over here for a reason. Mostly to avoid the lag of 20+ people right next to me
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-31 11:22:51  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
As long as you have a constant RR from /Whm or /Sch (Sch gets RR, right?) then you're good to go. Just make sure you get the exp's worth since each death is -100 exp/tags.
Lol damn right I do. 3-4 aga3s at like 300-600 dmg each on 6-10 targets... you get your xps worth fast. Plus sublmiation keeps you awake in case those annoying brd types try to sleep you. Plus the strats actually help you get that many spells off lol. I've actually survived by sleepgaing right before my physical shield wore

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2010-05-31 11:24:43  
pulling mobs away from the campaign NPCs is ok but making people come /rng to find the mob youre hiding in the opposite corner of the map is *** lame and I hate everyone who does it
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-31 11:29:21  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
God I hate that. I can't think how many times I've watched 20 mobs attack a fort and instead of killing one of those right next to them then entire group of PCs will come running for a good min to where I've pulled mine.

Seriously I pulled it over here for a reason. Mostly to avoid the lag of 20 people right next to me

Now in those situations, I understand.
I hate when everyone just sits and waits for 1 person to pull then all attack it.

But when there are mobs everywhere and someone tries to pull one of their own all the way to the side, I want them to *** themselves. It's selfish, simply said.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-31 11:32:15  
I don't bother to hide them far anymore. I kill way too fast anyways.

What I really don't like is when they go out of there way to make things more difficult for you.

Like Gnats. I can solo them and more or less break even on mp. Well at least until they run out of mp to steal lol. But this rdm kept coming up and no matter how many times I asked him not to he would full debuff the mob everytime it lost it's debuffs. Which with the tp he was feeding it was pretty often since it started spamming that move that gives me it's debuffs. So I'd find myself pretty much constantly afflicted by blind, para, slow, poison II, bio III, wtfgravity, and sometimes magic evasion down.

And did he ever try to throw me a cure since I could hardly get anything in? No? Would he paralyna or erase etc? No? If I hadn't started with full mp/hp after using Hp and mp boost drinks I would've been in serious trouble

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-31 11:37:46  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I hate when everyone just sits and waits for 1 person to pull then all attack it.
It's those situations I still sometimes come thf/dnc. I've seen people be able to solo and tank a mob even with 2-3 other people feeding it tp that couldn't handle just me and them on it.

Nothing is more satistifying then tanking a mob then having some person take hate off you and then die when you switch to your full haste set. Which for my thf/dnc is like 22-23 with Mkris... yeah I feeds the tps
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-05-31 13:55:21  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
But when there are mobs everywhere and someone tries to pull one of their own all the way to the side, I want them to *** themselves. It's selfish, simply said.

Call me crazy, but I go to campaign to gain points/notes, not hold mobs for melee who are too lazy to level /dnc. ANY dd job can solo a standard campaign mob with dnc sub, and any mage can buff and cure themselves well enough to stay alive solo unless they suck.

If there are only a few mobs up, sure I understand. But if there are mobs everywhere, stop being a leech and let me get my points. That means having a mob alive long enough to cap my dmg/healing/enfeebling/etc.

tl;dr: I hate selfish people who feel like they're entitled to a free ride other people's effort.
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-05-31 14:03:22  
I usually pull mobs away from the campaign NPCs, but not far enough away that someone else couldn't find it if they tried. It kinda annoys me when there's 10 or 15 unclaimed mobs, though, and all 20 people at the battle jump on the same one. Why force yourself to lag like that? Get 3 or 4 people per mob. Everyone gets to hit it, everyone's happy, no one is too laggy, and a good time is had by all. But don't fight next to the NPCs, and for goodness sake don't fight next to the mob boss. Especially if it's Shadowhand, Softstep, or what-his-face petrify-spam Marshlands guy.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-05-31 14:04:54  
BLM is an absolutely horrid job to campaign with. :S

If you need to do it for the notes I suggest you take a job that will get you better AN/exp at that level.
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-05-31 14:12:16  
My alt is a taru Blm, and while it's not the best solo job, it's an awesome duo job. Sub Rdm to phalanx/stoneskin/cure, bounce hate with the other person. You should be able to cap healing, enfeebling, dmg taken, and magic dmg points without a ton of hassle.

Campaign mobs have a lot of hp, but they aren't especially tough in any other regard.

edit: I totally agree it's not the best job to take if you're farming notes by a longshot.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-05-31 15:37:51  
@Title: Boredom*
By Almostunsane 2010-05-31 16:13:46  
I play DRG in Campaign and frequently solo mobs, on the not-so-infrequent instance that someone comes up when it's at ~5% HP and they start spamming nukes or w/e I just Super Jump and let them die :D

That said, my opinion on Campaign "parties"... The more the merrier. I usually go DRG/WHM for RR so I don't need help getting up, and sometimes end up having to help others (Not easy with my current set, I have 168 MP with Walahra Turban...gogo Elvaan), but there's NOTHING like having an alliance of like 10-15 people all dominating one battle. Imo it's a more fitting experience, we are at war with the Beastmen when doing Campaign, after all... Why not have a Corps with you?

Generally, how it used to start up was I'd start a party with 2-3 friends, all of us actually enjoying Campaign and doing it even when we didn't need notes or rank evaluations. Then we'd pick a random battle, go there, and invite anyone who fought a mob with us or Cured us or whatever. A surprising amount of people joined, and before long we had an (albeit unstable) alliance going. People would come and go almost every battle, but damn, it was fun.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-31 16:24:30  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
@Title: Boredom*
GRAMMAR NAZI!!!!
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-05-31 16:42:06  
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Right.. So here I am, a soon to be BLM75, doing Campaign.. And it's.. well a bit boring. I need to do it for the notes, not only am I low, I'll lose my medal soon etc. Anyways, down to the point of this thread.. Is there anyone on Asura (inb4WutServer?) that Campaigns a lot, and would like to team up? Might make it a little less boring if I'm doing it with someone else.
Why not do Campaign OPs?
First Page 2