I LOVE Lady Gaga.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-02 09:56:38  
Sylph.Oddin said:
Lady Gaga - This generation's Rupaul but with more trolling skills.
Pretty much.
eskae said:
also whoever her beat producer is is a total amateur. the music behind it is awfully boring and simple
95% sure she does her own.
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Her lyrics are actually slightly... repetitive? Most of her song lyrics seem to revolve around making innuendo phrases for sexual acts or the male/female anatomy. I think she is overrated in that department. Her songs are just catchy, that's all.

Come on guys, hit me with your vertigo sticks!
lol
***sells.
Lakshmi.Auroralith said:
I used to hate her but now i am quite fond of her music. I like how she is different and has the courage to go places no others would even think of,but at the same time a lot of her outfits are just insanely ugly. I saw a video from when she was younger signing and she is a very talented singer/song writer she is just appealing to the majority and doing what she knows will sell records... and she was right.

So in general i give her major props and I hope she keeps making some catchy music.

?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-02 10:01:47  
She realized that 99% of the industry's consumers couldn't care less about good music and want to be spoonfed sensationalist drivel. So now she uses her talents to turn a profit.
 Sylph.Spency
サーバ: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-06-02 10:09:59  
I'd sell out in a second!
 Carbuncle.Lodo
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Lodo
By Carbuncle.Lodo 2010-06-02 10:11:08  
eskae said:
she herself claims most of her fans are young gay males.

Originally, that was very true, most of her initial fan base was gay men, but she just broke the world record for most world-wide Top 10 hits off of a single album (7 from The Fame Monster, which only has 8 tracks btw) the previous record holder was Michael Jackson with Thriller which had 6. You'd be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to think she's only supported by the homosexual community any longer. And even if that was true, your point would be?

eskae said:
also whoever her beat producer is is a total amateur. the music behind it is awfully boring and simple

And yet, see the above fact. I think most people who like her, or at least looked into her at all, will tell you (with rearrangements and pre-signed music as proof) she's not even trying right now. She's making music that the masses want, which just happens to be dance club music.

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Lakshmi.Auroralith said:
I used to hate her but now i am quite fond of her music. I like how she is different and has the courage to go places no others would even think of,but at the same time a lot of her outfits are just insanely ugly. I saw a video from when she was younger signing and she is a very talented singer/song writer she is just appealing to the majority and doing what she knows will sell records... and she was right.

So in general i give her major props and I hope she keeps making some catchy music.
Madonna?

An accurate comparison, except Gaga is more intelligent and talented imo.

Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-06-02 10:13:13  
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Sylph.Spency said:

I'm not buying your songs! Loser!

But I wrote them all for you >.>
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-06-02 10:16:17  
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Sylph.Spency said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Sylph.Spency said:

I'm not buying your songs! Loser!

But I wrote them all for you >.>

I reject!

Meh, I'll just start cross-dressing and make catchy songs and make lots of money then.
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-06-02 10:16:55  
Ramuh.Rowland said:
/comfort it's ok Spence, we'll find someone for you.

Maybe looking for love on ffxiah.com was a mistake, too many rejections!
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-06-02 10:30:24  
But I'd be popular.
 Valefor.Xiga
サーバ: Valefor
user: M4k4i
By Valefor.Xiga 2010-06-02 10:46:37  

Cat Power: Sexy, talented and cool

The world is full of hot and talented singers (Juliette Lewis, Charlyn Marshall, Hope Sandoval), but imo LG isn't on of them. Or check the link below: WIN! So...why listening to Lady Gaga?

Don't wanna bash, it's ok if you like LG. But arguing about music is fun.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-02 10:51:07  
Lady Gaga is arguably the most talented female vocalist since Whitney Houston. True *** story.

I'll freely admit I can't stand her music as Lady Gaga. I just can't deny the fact that she's extraordinarily talented.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2010-06-02 10:55:58  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Lady Gaga is arguably the most talented female vocalist since Whitney Houston. True *** story. I'll freely admit I can't stand her music as Lady Gaga. I just can't deny the fact that she's extraordinarily talented.
I kind of agree. I hate when OP forces me to listen to the ***, it's not really my type of music. Doesn't mean I can't give her her props and say that her stuff is catchy.

It's not so much she has deep lyrics, but they stay in your head. That's really what makes an artist stick around...if you cant forget them. For better or worse.
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-06-02 10:55:59  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Lady Gaga is arguably the most talented mainstream/pop female vocalist since Whitney Houston. True *** story.

I'll freely admit I can't stand her music as Lady Gaga. I just can't deny the fact that she's extraordinarily talented.

Fixed.

'Good' music isn't as marketable anymore, which makes me sad :< But I can't say I don't like a lot of pop music that has no substance, it's just catchy, go go producers > musicians!
 Sylph.Akibakei
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-02 11:15:11  
Sylph.Spency said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Lady Gaga is arguably the most talented mainstream/pop female vocalist since Whitney Houston. True *** story.

Fixed.

'Good' music isn't as marketable anymore, which makes me sad :< But I can't say I don't like a lot of pop music that has no substance, it's just catchy, go go producers > musicians!

You are completely right. There are a ton of very talented musicians if you do any kind of research on good music. I never listen to the radio because it's the same stuff over and over but with iTunes, Myspace and the internet in general it isnt hard to find great music that isnt main stream.

Hell pandora and XM radio are wonderful for this. I dont listen to anything mainstream cause it sounds exactly the same as every other song on the radio.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-02 11:16:18  
You say that like all mainstream artists have no talent and every underground artist is a musical force of nature.

Also, who's the non-mainstream chick with the epic pipes? 99.9% of them wouldn't even have the training to put them in the same league, much less the raw talent. Needs a name/face/video.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2010-06-02 11:21:07  
Just gonna leave this here...

[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-02 11:22:37  
This is what happens when you copy Madonna.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-02 11:23:59  
Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph said:
Just gonna leave this here...

*** lol'd.

I love my underground music (case and point, my avatar), but still lol.
Shiva.Weewoo said:
This is what happens when you copy Madonna.
Madonna has nothing on Gaga. Madonna's a marketing genius, Gaga has that and talent + training.
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-06-02 11:25:48  
I'd rather listen to Lady Gaga then all this pussy- pop-punk.

I'm just pretty frustrated because I've more or less run out of music to listen to.

I need moar!
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-02 11:26:16  
There's no talent. Just a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy.

Example:

Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-06-02 11:26:24  
I just want to say, if you think she can sing go listen to her acoustic. She sounds like the 45 year old toothless chain smoking waitress on the 3am shift at waffle house.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-02 11:28:35  
I'd probably respect her musical tastes and "talents" more if she didn't put herself out there like she does, making herself look and act like a total tool.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13