Watch Half Of Twilight...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » watch half of twilight...
watch half of twilight...
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-14 01:37:42  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

My legacy of oatmeal references lives on <3
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-06-14 01:38:20  
Asura.Ericka said:

The whole vampire chronicles are one of the best audio books I have ever listened to, or read I highly recommend it. I can't believe people like such shitty work like twilight, The number of ***-light fans just shows the overall degradation in literature level and average mentality.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-14 01:54:39  
Some people lived in the time of great Samurai fighting for honor. Some people lived in the time of brave knights questing for greater glory. Some lived during the mayan times building great civilizations.

We live in emo depressed school girl times where we do nothing of benefit, only make our ancestors roll in their graves. We got the short end of the stick.
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-14 01:56:17  
Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Some people lived in the time of great Samurai fighting for honor. Some people lived in the time of brave knights questing for greater glory. Some lived during the mayan times building great civilizations.

We live in emo depressed school girl times where we do nothing of benefit, only make our ancestors roll in their graves. We got the short end of the stick.

Couldn't agree more dude. Whatever happened to eras of greatness that gave us something interesting to tell history? Now it seems history will remember us for really really bad literature and lolcat stuff.
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2010-06-14 04:02:22  
Unicorn.Jewkitten said:
You would think beings who devour the blood of others to live would be beastly, grotesque... On the contrary! They are pretty sparkling anglo models who love to play with their depressed self-obsessed food^^ I like Laurell K. Hamilton's vampires moar >.>

My GF is obsessed with Hamiltons books, she reads them constantly >.> Im forever getting a running commentry and i have no idea what shes going on about lol
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2010-06-14 04:17:21  
Fenrir.Shindo said:

Absolutely love it XD!!
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-14 04:30:19  
Nice ***. I liked how all the dudes loved it because their chicks drug them to that, they let out a *** sigh of relief. All those chicks were mad as *** lmao.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-06-14 04:57:50  
Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Nice ***. I liked how all the dudes loved it because their chicks drug them to that, they let out a *** sigh of relief. All those chicks were mad as *** lmao.

the best part
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-14 05:00:25  
People don't like Twilight?!

This is new and original!
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
サーバ: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2010-06-14 05:07:34  
twatlight
 Asura.Minkydink
サーバ: Asura
user: Myumi
By Asura.Minkydink 2010-06-14 05:18:49  
Some people like Twilight, some people don't, same with everything. I really liked the books, ok, im still reading through Eclipse but yeah, the films were "ok". I will end up watching them all just to see what they are like but the book is deffinatly better.
And yes, i relise the "oh look i sparkle" thing is daft, it is the stupidist thing in the Twilight saga i think. No other vampire has ever sparkled >.>;
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-14 05:21:00  
Meh if people like the books then fair enough, I've never read them so it's foolish to judge the entire series on the movies. If you judged a series on the movies alone most franchises would be seen as terrible.
 Asura.Minkydink
user: Myumi
By Asura.Minkydink 2010-06-14 05:23:44  
Exactly, you can't judge alot of things based on there movie counter parts, cus most of the time, the film will fail compaired to the book.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2010-06-14 05:32:53  
Hades.Ferusio said:
this
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2010-06-14 06:12:10  
But now that the movies are out, those that want to read the books cant help but picture the people that are in the movie, probably kinda ruins it, dontcha think?
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2010-06-14 07:06:52  
After reading these post, it seems that everyone is just jumping on the bandwagon of saying they hate this movie. All I hear is "OMG I pretend to hate this movie more then you, so that must mean I am cooler then you"

Get over it, its a love story and a good one at that. I can bet that 90% of the people that say that they hate this movie have bought and watched it multiple times. Its ok people do like a kids movie, a majority of people here do.

The ideas were new and had not been done before. Yea sparkly vampires is a little weird but they made it work. And again its a love story so of course there is not going to be massive violence like most adult vampire/lycan movies. Just get over it and enjoy it.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-14 07:21:50  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Cerberus.Jiko said:

LOL'd far too hard.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-14 07:30:22  
Ranting is allowed! like i said on other thread, if someone decides to open up a thread and flame something let theeeem! it's fun to discuss weather it's yay or nay.

also, didn't think twilight was a kids movie, but I guess it can be! I still watch cartoonetwork :O I'm a complete child!

Tom and jerry ftw.
 Alexander.Jukie
サーバ: Alexander
user: Jukie
By Alexander.Jukie 2010-06-14 10:45:53  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Isn't Laurell K. Hamilton found in teen fiction/romance?

I used to work at a book store and I think I could always find her books in the romance or teen fiction.

Lol. Every sex scene in Anita Blake is like a threesome now. There's been some beastiality in there and a lot of showers to wash the*** off.

Asura.Biddy
user: BunkMonk
By Asura.Biddy 2010-06-14 11:09:10  
Quote:
Xarchangel

After reading these post, it seems that everyone is just jumping on the bandwagon of saying they hate this movie. All I hear is "OMG I pretend to hate this movie more then you, so that must mean I am cooler then you"

Get over it, its a love story and a good one at that. I can bet that 90% of the people that say that they hate this movie have bought and watched it multiple times. Its ok people do like a kids movie, a majority of people here do.

The ideas were new and had not been done before. Yea sparkly vampires is a little weird but they made it work. And again its a love story so of course there is not going to be massive violence like most adult vampire/lycan movies. Just get over it and enjoy it.

Perhaps if the dialogue and acting wasn't so piss poor, people would actually enjoy the movie. I laughed through the majority of the first one, and while I do think the second film was slighlty better (not hard to improve on absolute ***), it was still pretty laughable.

Despite sending all the wrong messages to angst-filled teenagers, they probably could have made the movie halfway decent had they only tried. Maybe the next two won't suck so hard.

also - quote button wasn't working :( pardon my poor attempt at the quote.
 Sylph.Akibakei
サーバ: Sylph
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-14 11:21:01  
Quote:

I think its you who dont understand the magnitude of the SUCK that is twilight. Let's not get into this "it's a love story" ***. It's about a chronically depressed shell of a person who gets tied up with a deranged, abusive, and self destructive crazy person. There is no love in Twilight, it's infatuation. The kind of infatuation that usually leads to Jail time and restraining orders.

The writing, dialogue, and characters in twilight are nothing new. They are all crap. Having something sparkle instead of die in sunlight isnt brilliant, it's downright blasphemy. It would be like a Final Fantasy without a moogle or chocobo.

The characters are paper thin at best, the writing is piss poor (just ask Stephen King), and the dialogue is weak. Sounds like a guide on how to use 3rd grade spelling words
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-14 13:48:59  
you forgot to mention the actors look gay, and edward has a strange hairdo that makes him look like he just woke up out of bed, jerked himself up forgot to clean his hands and brushed them over his head. too bad he even acted for harry potter's movie, good thing he died on it. HOPE HE DOESNT REVIVE.

jaycob looks even strange too....they dress him up even weirdo, and i bet deep down he is also gay.

and bella..dont get me *** started on bella, she looks plain as ***. and always has this disturbed look on her face, horrible acting. she isnt any different from the person she is on public to the person she is on the movie.

so the movie is a total downfall.
 Asura.Biddy
user: BunkMonk
By Asura.Biddy 2010-06-14 14:05:41  
Phoenix.Darki said:
you forgot to mention the actors look gay, and edward has a strange hairdo that makes him look like he just woke up out of bed, jerked himself up forgot to clean his hands and brushed them over his head. too bad he even acted for harry potter's movie, good thing he died on it. HOPE HE DOESNT REVIVE.

As true as this is, I would still have Robert Pattinson's babies :3 I love me some witty, English men. I was all sorts of pissy when I discovered he had an American accent in the movie.
 Siren.Miayoko
サーバ: Siren
user: Miayoko
By Siren.Miayoko 2010-06-14 14:06:57  
You forgot to have Mary Sue's every good movie needs one.

Seriously, I can't stand twatlight. I've seen better writing skills from a 3rd grader.
 Leviathan.Dubont
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-14 14:15:22  
If you don't like twilight, someone wrote a parody called Nightlight or something like that lol
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-14 14:19:20  
Asura.Biddy said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

As true as this is, I would still have Robert Pattinson's babies :3 I love me some witty, English men. I was all sorts of pissy when I discovered he had an American accent in the movie.

i got to give him points for the accent, he hides it pretty well on the movie. but his acting is still plain, he looks like the same character from harry potter. yawn. bad acting.
 Leviathan.Dubont
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-14 14:27:15  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Asura.Biddy said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

i got to give him points for the accent, he hides it pretty well on the movie. but his acting is still plain, he looks like the same character from harry potter. yawn. bad acting.
this is what I think of Robert Pattinson...

Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-14 14:40:55  
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Asura.Biddy said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

this is what I think of Robert Pattinson...

good he died on the *** movie, more of his acting on harry potter and poor movie would've been downrated by his acting.

well he's in another dimension now...the sparkling vampires one lol

Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-06-14 17:41:30  
For people who don't like Twilight but do like the genre itself, try Patricia Briggs' writing. She has a series called the Mercy Thompson series, about a Native American skinwalker named Mercedes (Mercy for short, hence the name of the series.)

Mercy is neither a werewolf nor a vampire, but she grew up with werewolves and is under their protection. There are also fae and vampires in the series. The vampires are actually dead during the daytime, dead as in decomposing piles of fetid flesh. The fae are not nice. If you like the Mercy books, you can try the Alpha and Omega series, also by Briggs. Those ones are about Mercy's foster brother Charles. They are still good, but Mercy is much more kick-*** than Charles.

If you don't like the werewolf/skinwalker/shapeshifter/vampire genre at all but do like fantasy, then try Briggs anyways. She also wrote When Demons Walk, the Raven's Shadow/Raven's Strike duo, the Dragon Bones/Dragon Blood duo, and Steal the Dragon.

Alexander.Jukie
サーバ: Alexander
user: Jukie
By Alexander.Jukie 2010-06-14 18:30:42  
Odin.Liela said:
For people who don't like Twilight but do like the genre itself, try Patricia Briggs' writing. She has a series called the Mercy Thompson series, about a Native American skinwalker named Mercedes (Mercy for short, hence the name of the series.)

Mercy is neither a werewolf nor a vampire, but she grew up with werewolves and is under their protection. There are also fae and vampires in the series. The vampires are actually dead during the daytime, dead as in decomposing piles of fetid flesh. The fae are not nice. If you like the Mercy books, you can try the Alpha and Omega series, also by Briggs. Those ones are about Mercy's foster brother Charles. They are still good, but Mercy is much more kick-*** than Charles.

If you don't like the werewolf/skinwalker/shapeshifter/vampire genre at all but do like fantasy, then try Briggs anyways. She also wrote When Demons Walk, the Raven's Shadow/Raven's Strike duo, the Dragon Bones/Dragon Blood duo, and Steal the Dragon.

I was thinking of trying Patricia Briggs cos I'm running out of books to read. Kelley Armstrong is pretty underrated. She does books with all kinds of supernaturals and changes narrator each book. The most popular being her werewolves and witch/sorcerer characters. Its one of those mixed genres where there's usually some killer on the loose that the main supernatural character is trying to uncover. 'Let the right one in' is a good vampire book if you want pure horror with vampires. The author has been compared to a Swedish Stephen King.