SAM Update?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » SAM Update?
SAM Update?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By SEfails 2010-06-17 17:18:32  
I agree Flionheart. I lol even more when i see Thfs and Drgs melee in full heca. yes i have seen it. and a Drk that TPs in full AF2.
By SEfails 2010-06-17 17:24:08  
Again i guess all this stuff is mute as who doenst Astral Burn these days besides me.
 Fenrir.Shindo
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-06-17 17:24:25  
I mean I'm not super high-tier either. I don't use windower so can't really macro in more than 2 pieces for a single macro. But I can still switch out most of my other gear for +acc for a polearm build.
 Lakshmi.Ricco
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-06-17 17:36:28  
Personally I like sam lots but I must say its about time SE made other dds more comparable in the game. I can see drg with the new tp bonus added to spirit link and conserve tp closing the gap between it and sam :)
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-17 17:39:37  
SE are not *** over SAM by letting /SAM use Sekkanoki, seriously.

The way people are crying about it makes it seem like Sekkanoki is the best thing about SAM, and you couldn't be further from the truth.

1. Providing you WS @100TP (like you should aim to) then Sekkanoki is void.

2. We have access to a minimum 140TP Meditate which if you use in conjuction with 1. makes all the difference.

3. How many heavy hitting melee jobs have a defensive job ability like Seigan/Third Eye?

4. We have 35 STP with full merits, 19% WS DMG increase in Overwhelm, ACC/Haste +10 in Hasso.

5. Y/G/K have a STR mod of 75%! how many jobs would give anything for that!?

6. And all of this is without a subjob, and because of this we can make the most out of so many sub jobs it's untrue.

The people who are QQ need to get a damn grip on themselves and appreciate that we now have been given the chance to utilize more skillchains with other jobs.

Weapon Skills & Skill Chains are a samurai thing.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krazyy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krazyy
By Ramuh.Krazyy 2010-06-17 17:55:30  
response to Dirtyfinger:

1. in partys yes, what about LS events? such as HNMs you want to set up a SC for MBs and sekk makes it easier to do that.

2. yeah meditate is what makes a SAM.. we're the TP masters (or used to be)

3. umm.. ANY heavy hitting DD job now subs /SAM so everyone has seigan - 3rd eye now

4. like i said above, ever DD/sam gets hasso. and for the STP, SAMs need that to get to a 6 hit build.. DRK, DRG, WAR have higher delay making 6hit easy to get even with NO STP merits.

5. but yet Drakesbane and Spinning slash hit much hardder

face it SAMs are upset because EVERYTHING that is good about SAM is now just as good any/sam
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-17 17:57:40  
I'm a *** SAM and I'm not upset. AT ALL.

Actually, no. I am upset. I'm upset because so many people who play the same job as me are a bunch of whiny *** little ***.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-17 18:00:28  
Lin, just out of curiosity, you going for a Masamune?
 Midgardsormr.Katashuro
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sephyrus
By Midgardsormr.Katashuro 2010-06-17 18:01:25  
Seriously... you can actually tell who's a bandwagon SAM by all this QQing.
What the flying F did SAMs do when there was no Sekka at all? It's not even that long ago when it was added.
Skilled SAMs actually used their 2hrs with instant-TP items. Whenever I see someone say Sekka is what SAM is all about I'm dying a bit more inside.
[+]
 Alexander.Tarantino
サーバ: Alexander
user: Tarantino
By Alexander.Tarantino 2010-06-17 18:04:02  
Caitsith.Linear said:
I'm a *** SAM and I'm not upset. AT ALL.

Actually, no. I am upset. I'm upset because so many people who play the same job as me are a bunch of whiny *** little ***.

This. I don't get all the whining personally.

1. An increase in overall Damage potential, Sams will still be doing the same damage. It isnt like the Rng nerf back in the day..

2. Other jobs being more effective, which increases the amount of exp you get in meripo, the speed you can kill NMs. How fast/efficiently you can clear Dyna/Limbus/Ein/Salvage/Assault/MMM/whatever which means more drops etc.

3. If you think the Q,Q ing is bad here, head over to the Rdm forums -,-.
 Valefor.Yishay
サーバ: Valefor
user: yishaymnk
By Valefor.Yishay 2010-06-17 18:05:03  
Ramuh.Krazyy said:
response to Dirtyfinger:
3. umm.. ANY heavy hitting DD job now subs /SAM so everyone has seigan - 3rd eye now

4. like i said above, ever DD/sam gets hasso. and for the STP, SAMs need that to get to a 6 hit build.. DRK, DRG, WAR have higher delay making 6hit easy to get even with NO STP merits.

as mnk we don't hasso or seigan ... but with this update just need a well timed third eye and a well timed perfect counter and mnk suddenly deals out dmg much more then now. not to mention mnk gets on par with just about every other dd with breaking the 300 h2h cap
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-17 18:05:06  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Lin, just out of curiosity, you going for a Masamune?

Possibly. Depends on the difficulty. If it's relic/mythic difficulty, *** that ***. And it depends on if I can get more than one of the Empyrean weapons.

Dragoon has and will remain my main priority to gear.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
サーバ: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-06-17 18:31:13  
WHM still has the best ShellV fully merited and they're giving ProtectV not ProtectraV. Single cast ProtectV will kill ur MP, but hey, you're a RDM noMPwut?
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-17 18:44:04  
Ramuh.Krazyy said:
response to Dirtyfinger:

1. in partys yes, what about LS events? such as HNMs you want to set up a SC for MBs and sekk makes it easier to do that.

face it SAMs are upset because EVERYTHING that is good about SAM is now just as good any/sam

Meikyo, Overwhelm, Hasso(not the watered down ***) and full meditate effect want to have a word with you.

You are utterly a lolsam if you think that everything good about sam is now gone.
[+]
 Sylph.Vincentius
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-06-17 18:45:00  
This thread makes me just lol at all the SAM hate in here.

If you gear properly, it's still going to be top god damn tier. If you find yourself losing to other DD's, you're doing something wrong. Stop failing it. There's no excuse to be losing to people the way the job is right now. If you put forth the effort to gear Samurai properly and play it properly, it rarely loses.

Merits? Haven't lost a parse yet.

HNM? Not even a contest.

Dynamis/Other events like that? Haven't come close to losing.

Is this job seriously so hard to understand how to play? Unless you're taking the Nabis approach to it, you shouldn't be so pissed off that other DD's might just actually give you a run for your money now. Damn, guess you have to work.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-17 18:45:34  
Everyone who moans about this update is a bandwagon sam who should gtfo.

Now sam isn't the only job that you can take to HNM's, I don't see the problem with that, there are other DD jobs. STFU.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-17 18:46:04  
Ramuh.Krazyy said:
response to Dirtyfinger:
You are pointing out the obvious and in some of those situations you'll be /THF and SAM is the only job that gain TP on his own accord /THF.

Ramuh.Krazyy said:
3. umm.. ANY heavy hitting DD job now subs /SAM so everyone has seigan - 3rd eye now.

That is my point, every job has to /SAM, obviously we cannot so we can mess around and have fun with numerous others which are not viable with other melee jobs. ^^

Ramuh.Krazyy said:

I don't know about you but I prefer having a 6hit with a lower delay without making much fuss in obtaining it either. As you also know it's easyish to get a 5hit Polearm with SAM (still with a lower delay than 6hit DRK/WAR/DRG etc).

Ramuh.Krazyy said:
5. but yet Drakesbane and Spinning slash hit much harder.
They do hit harder of course but they cannot keep up with the WS frequency we have, esp with Polearm.

Ramuh.Krazyy said:

I'm not upset about SE making Sekkanoki available /SAM with it's 5 minute timer. I mainly only use it at the beginning of fights and now the fact that it's /SAM helps make the mob die quicker then I'm all for it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Mattyc
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Mattyc 2010-06-17 18:47:51  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Krazyy said:
response to Dirtyfinger:

Meikyo, Overwhelm, Hasso(not the watered down ***) and full meditate effect want to have a word with you.

You are utterly a lolsam if you think that everything good about sam is now gone.

lol drakesbane on what birds? spinning slash is lol, your sam must be complete trash sir. sam is still and always gonna be one of the, if not the best DD stop being so negative....and if so jump on the bandwagon of others that think /sam jobs will surpass samurai damage.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-17 18:50:09  
I don't see the problem about letting /sam share some of the versatility of sam main anyhow. I'm more interested in drk/war getting fencer for M.kris/K.club zergs.
 Asura.Dajociont
サーバ: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2010-06-17 18:51:34  
Sylph.Vincentius said:

If you gear properly, it's still going to be top god damn tier. If you find yourself losing to other DD's, you're doing something wrong. Stop failing it. There's no excuse to be losing to people the way the job is right now. If you put forth the effort to gear Samurai properly and play it properly, it rarely loses.

HNM? Not even a contest.

Is this job seriously so hard to understand how to play? Unless you're taking the Nabis approach to it, you shouldn't be so pissed off that other DD's might just actually give you a run for your money now. Damn, guess you have to work.

Must be some shitty RNGs on your server.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-17 18:52:16  
Asura.Dajociont said:
Sylph.Vincentius said:

HNM? Not even a contest.

Must be some shitty RNGs on your server.

*** lol, rng has been dis-proven as better than Sam many times on BG and AH due to lack of versatility, and worse parses on birds.
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2010-06-17 18:54:21  
I've never been out parsed by a SAM or DRG. Like I said, shitty RNGs.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-17 18:55:16  
Asura.Dajociont said:
I've never been out parsed by a SAM or DRG. Like I said, shitty RNGs.

I can't see your rng gear so you could be pissing in the wind.

Also show some parses please.
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2010-06-17 18:57:00  
I don't have to show you a parse to tell you a Kraken club RNG will out parse even the best SAM on birds. ***is obvious.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-17 18:58:28  
Asura.Dajociont said:
I don't have to show you a parse to tell you a Kraken club RNG will out parse even the best SAM on birds. ***is obvious.

And like I've said, I've seen evidence on the contrary. I've seen a parse of a KK rng vs a PA sam, and the sam was superior.

Show a parse if you want to make bold statements.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-17 19:01:12  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Because every kk rng and every sam is geared the same, even across servers.

Go back to the part where SAMs were foaming at the mouth because SE destroyed their job. I liked that.

Stop making so much sense barti
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-17 19:01:36  
Apparently calling them "whiny *** little ***" shut them up. >_>
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8