Mainly, For The Real RDM, But,... Ninja Nerfga.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Mainly, for the real RDM, but,... Ninja nerfga.
Mainly, for the real RDM, but,... Ninja nerfga.
 Siren.Catabolic
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-06-24 20:34:21  
oh you mean the RDM's that don't have capped skills and complain about, "can I has better update plz?" lol

pro5 was enough for me to like it.
[+]
 Valefor.Angeluzun
サーバ: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2010-06-24 20:39:56  
o m g let me go back to Q.Q because now blu can AoE refresh and AoE Haste! Both of which are "better" than the rdm version!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
サーバ: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2010-06-24 20:40:59  
and Catabolic, those wings are small :<
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-24 20:54:06  
Siren.Catabolic said:
oh you mean the RDM's that don't have capped skills and complain about, "can I has better update plz?" lol

uncapped skills, and full time their whole AF. Then they go on dyna and they spend more time dead and bitching than alive and working. AND THEEEEEEEEEEN they mad when they don't get endgame gear, yeah coz, you know, they deserve it even though they have uncapped skills, lack of motivation, constant bitching for dying, and the favorite AFKing.

btw, I have already saved up so many Cure III's soloing/xping using Regen II. I wonder how the *** didn't rdm get better? Regen II just made it easyer for lazy whoring.

anyways, don't I recall back then composure being released? I bet if Composure was held up on this update people would've been a little less butthurt.

give them too much, they ***, give them too little they ***, give them a balance, they still *** because they want to break it.
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2010-06-24 21:20:23  
Sounds to me like RDM should have 1 MP Cure VII, 3 MP Refresh III, 10 MP Stoneskinga with 10,000 cap, Protectra VIII and able to dualwield Masamune x2, because if they cant, SE is obviously hatin' on em sumthin' hardcore.
[+]
By Sylvester 2010-06-24 22:09:36  
More Enfeebling magic, Dark magic and enhancing magic good enough for me
 Siren.Catabolic
サーバ: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-06-25 06:40:28  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Siren.Catabolic said:

uncapped skills, and full time their whole AF. Then they go on dyna and they spend more time dead and bitching than alive and working. AND THEEEEEEEEEEN they mad when they don't get endgame gear, yeah coz, you know, they deserve it even though they have uncapped skills, lack of motivation, constant bitching for dying, and the favorite AFKing.

btw, I have already saved up so many Cure III's soloing/xping using Regen II. I wonder how the *** didn't rdm get better? Regen II just made it easyer for lazy whoring.

anyways, don't I recall back then composure being released? I bet if Composure was held up on this update people would've been a little less butthurt.

give them too much, they ***, give them too little they ***, give them a balance, they still *** because they want to break it.
Get..out...of...my...head! <3
 Asura.Steam
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Steam 2010-06-25 06:59:02  
You could say rdm for shafted a lil but so got a bunch of other jobs. SE just prefered whm etc on this update (mostly mean the negating rdm hat and no hastega for rdm etc thingies).

If they give /rdm refresh, thats when they wreck the job to the core, unless RDM is also given something superb.
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-25 06:59:29  
<3
 Leviathan.Aneu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Luz
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-06-25 07:26:03  
Blind/Dispel not available NIN/DRK. There's a lot of people who don't know what hate values are or what spells NIN/DRK uses to tank on this site >< Bind was the only major loss, Sleep you can get by without. Between Stun, Aspir, and Ninjutsu spamming I cap CE easily without Sleep. Bind was second best spammable VE tool after Stun. I wish Kaeko would stop testing BLU spells already and tell us what the Aisha values are :(
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-25 08:16:33  
SE wanted RDM to step down for BLU tanking, thanks SE.
 Leviathan.Aneu
user: Luz
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-06-25 08:21:46  
*Watches Draylo put some Thorny bait on a hook and cast his line*

It's the BG thread all over again :D
 Sylph.Oddin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-06-25 08:36:24  
Why do people feel the need to *** about something ultimately out of their control? Better yet, why *** about something you know is going to be fixed down the road with more updates already planned in the near future. So RDM didn't get that brand new toy you were hoping for. There's still two more MAJOR updates planned for this year alone and possibly more next year. Stop bitching after just the first god damn update...
 Shiva.Darkshade
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-25 08:45:10  
Why are the people who post these threads always anonymous users that haven't linked a character?
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2010-06-25 09:03:48  
Shiva.Darkshade said:
Why are the people who post these threads always anonymous users that haven't linked a character?

QFT
 Ramuh.Ilvex
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2010-06-25 09:27:54  
Sylph.Oddin said:
Why do people feel the need to *** about something ultimately out of their control? Better yet, why *** about something you know is going to be fixed down the road with more updates already planned in the near future. So RDM didn't get that brand new toy you were hoping for. There's still two more MAJOR updates planned for this year alone and possibly more next year. Stop bitching after just the first god damn update...

and how exactly are they going to fix rdm tanking? you think w/e new spells we get are going to create large chunks of CE/VE? I don't really care that we didn't get "anything" (I actually think the T4's will be decent) IMO most are bitching cause of the enmity nerf, They took away one of the more enjoyable parts of rdm and sadly for myself they've now made one of my long time goals, (tanking JoL on rdm) impossible. You are correct our bitching does nothing, we have no control over it, but then why the f*ck do you care? why come in here just to go "your all just QQ, get over it"????

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2010-06-25 09:38:48  
I thought having the ability, given enough notice to bring the correct gear, to tank instead of it only being pld, and even rarer then rdm (Nin tanks) to LS events was being a team player? also no need for phalanx 1 or 2 now, pld has it's own, my merit spell is completely useless now and AoEing phalanx1 is kinda niffty I guess but still meh. And your wronge the original purpose of rdm was the ability to be a healer, a tank, a weak DD, a weak nuker ect ect. The only reason we are the main enfeebler is we have nothing better to do and we get slow2, if gear'd properly whm, blm, and sch can = Rdm on enfeebs. They only thing we really hold over them is slow 2 but they can just use slow 1.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-25 09:39:39  
If sleep enmity being reduced really improves your abilities as a RDM, you either need a PDT set or learn to crowd control better <_< this update was a nerf to RDM's tanking abilities, a boost to RDM's solo abilities (in majority of situations anyway), a nerf to RDM's lowman abilities (talking RDM tank again really but in a slightly different context) and a boost to RDM's support abilities.

Personally I don't like it because pink maging is by far the least skillful part of RDM and we should be trying to diverge the job from being halfWHM but hey.
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-06-25 10:51:03  
Ramuh.Ilvex said:
Sylph.Oddin said:

and how exactly are they going to fix rdm tanking? you think w/e new spells we get are going to create large chunks of CE/VE? I don't really care that we didn't get "anything" (I actually think the T4's will be decent) IMO most are bitching cause of the enmity nerf, They took away one of the more enjoyable parts of rdm and sadly for myself they've now made one of my long time goals, (tanking JoL on rdm) impossible. You are correct our bitching does nothing, we have no control over it, but then why the f*ck do you care? why come in here just to go "your all just QQ, get over it"????

RDM is not and never was meant to be a tank. RDM is a mage/melee at heart. RDM has the ability to tank but was never meant to hold that role (much the same as NIN). Welcome to your new FFXI experience. Get used to it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2010-06-25 10:53:35  
Sylph.Oddin said:
Ramuh.Ilvex said:
Sylph.Oddin said:

RDM is not and never was meant to be a tank. RDM is a mage/melee at heart. RDM has the ability to tank but was never meant to hold that role (much the same as NIN). Welcome to your new FFXI experience. Get used to it.

I'll find the Link in a few, but really not meant to tank? I kindly point you in the direction of SE's own AV video with a rdm/nin co tank tyvm.

Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-06-25 10:56:59  
Still doesn't make sense. The "RDM wasn't an intended tank" argument is null since RDMs have been tanking how long? Only now do SE change something regarding it, I'd question why. Not only that but they also hurt NIN tanks, which is what they've been trying to promote for a long time. Seems like they want PLD tanking everything, NIN tanking weaker stuff, and RDM tanking nothing. Pretty lame considering how few tank jobs there are.

inb4 SAM.
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-06-25 10:59:52  
Ramuh.Ilvex said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Ramuh.Ilvex said:
Sylph.Oddin said:

I'll find the Link in a few, but really not meant to tank? I kindly point you in the direction of SE's own AV video with a rdm/nin co tank tyvm.

Just because you can do one job as a class does not mean it's your purpose... NIN, MNK, SAM, DRK all prime examples of this. NIN was meant to be a DD, it's a tank to us. MNK was supposed to be a tank, it's a DD more so than tank. SAM was ultimately supposed to be a tank/DD, it's one of the best DD classes. DRK was supposed to nuke but SE hasn't caught on that it sucks. Just because you can find a different role on a certain class does not mean that class was meant to do that role. We the players have evolved the jobs beyond SE's expectations. That's probably why they changed the enmity levels on those spells. They don't want RDM in the tanking role. They want to see PLD and NIN and possibly other jobs in that role.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-25 11:36:45  
Sylph.Oddin said:
Just because you can do one job as a class does not mean it's your purpose... NIN, MNK, SAM, DRK all prime examples of this. NIN was meant to be a DD, it's a tank to us. MNK was supposed to be a tank, it's a DD more so than tank. SAM was ultimately supposed to be a tank/DD, it's one of the best DD classes. DRK was supposed to nuke but SE hasn't caught on that it sucks. Just because you can find a different role on a certain class does not mean that class was meant to do that role. We the players have evolved the jobs beyond SE's expectations. That's probably why they changed the enmity levels on those spells. They don't want RDM in the tanking role. They want to see PLD and NIN and possibly other jobs in that role.
Hmm, too bad NIN tanking just got murdered along with RDM then.

Whether SE intended RDM to tank or not, this is a huge step backwards. Skillful players capitalized on intentional game mechanics to advance FFXI's metagame. Instead of rewarding that kind of thinking, SE literally just rolled back tanking to ~2007 and killed NIN while they were at it.
Leviathan.Aneu said:
Blind/Dispel not available NIN/DRK. There's a lot of people who don't know what hate values are or what spells NIN/DRK uses to tank on this site >< Bind was the only major loss, Sleep you can get by without. Between Stun, Aspir, and Ninjutsu spamming I cap CE easily without Sleep. Bind was second best spammable VE tool after Stun. I wish Kaeko would stop testing BLU spells already and tell us what the Aisha values are :(
psst, people tanked NIN/RDM too.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-25 11:44:18  
Considering the defensive options and high Base Vitality of DRK, I have to wonder why they made Aspir II high CE, DRK generally doesn't have a problem with Volatile, but the lack of Cumulative Enmity boosting spells like Bind and Sleep I/II hurt DRK tanking ability to no ends.

I was considering starting Apocalypse soon, but if DRK/NIN can no longer tank ***, I think I might go through with Guttler after all. (inb4 do more dmg loldrk)

Oh yah, and DRK can now get 25% haste without Apocalypse (2% haste body and 4% haste legs)

5(Turban)+2(TimarliJawshan)+4(Dusk+1 or Timarli)+4(Ace'sLegs)+6(Velocious)+3(HomamFt.)+1(Blitz)

Huge loss of accuracy and attack, and no Drain HP from Catastrophe, but it is possible now.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-25 11:53:01  
DRK/NIN still tanks fine, you just have to be engaged. Tiamat and to an extent ***like Proto-Ultima would kind of suck now for DRK tanks, but that's it.

To be honest with the *** involved in Magian relic upgrades I'd be extremely hesitant to start a relic or mythic. On top of all the ***you have to do just to get the base weapon, you're looking at months of effort after completing the weapon just to make it respectable once we hit 99. My mythic plans are pretty much dead unless they adjust the trials.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-25 11:56:44  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
DRK/NIN still tanks fine, you just have to be engaged.

To be honest with the *** involved in Magian relic upgrades I'd be extremely hesitant to start a relic or mythic. On top of all the ***you have to do just to get the base weapon, you're looking at months of effort after completing the weapon just to make it respectable once we hit 99. My mythic plans are pretty much dead unless they adjust the trials.

Tanks what just fine though? I mean, obviously if it's something you can inflict damage on, DRK will be able to tank perfectly fine, but like on Aspidochelone, where you can only rely on the enmity from spells, I'm not sure what's in DRKs' repetoire in terms of CE-VE generation, aside from the original Bind/Stun/Sleep/SleepII/Aspir +JA

As for relics, that's another reason why Guttler is looking more and more enticing. BST has absolutely no problem blowing through EP monsters (Jug Pets scale incredibly harshly against DC-EP mobs) so it would just come down to time (Which, if you got BST75-99 you got plenty of...)

I took one look at the apocalypse trials and pretty much gave up hope. Why on earth SE would set Undead as a target for DRK's Catastrophe trial, I have no idea...
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-06-25 12:01:14  
Sylph.Oddin said:

Ninja was supposed to be a THF/RDM/DD hybrid. I'm guessing they wanted them to be a puller as well when you look at getting 3 shadows at level 12. Old school example: "Thief getting killed on the way back to the party in Boyahda Tree? Let's add a job that can pull without any problems and then can DD and enfeeble with some low level nukes."

You're right about Monk being a tank though. And Warrior is in the same boat. You can see that they're adding new tanking stuff for Warrior even to this day.

Consequently, they're pushing Red Mage even further back-line to a Pink Mage as Rae said. And by 99, SCH/RDM will likely outperform RDM/anything in that aspect.
 Gilgamesh.Raulete
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: raulin
By Gilgamesh.Raulete 2010-06-25 12:02:01  
Ill miss a reraise spell as rdm in this update ; ; May be they will put at more lvl? ; ;