Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-08-20 15:10:31  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
What about a bow-blade? Or a toaster-spear!
TV-Claws! That way you can watch TV while slaying your foes! Never a dull moment!
 Fenrir.Tool
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-20 15:10:34  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

Shark-zooka. Nuff said.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-20 15:11:04  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
I rather have magic and impossible physics than a silly attempt to graft two mutually exclusive cool weapons together in a questionable and dubious manner.

Sorry, gunblade will never fly in my books of accepted weaponry.

Yeah well, you suck.

:(
 Siren.Temeraire
サーバ: Siren
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-20 15:11:06  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

needs to be a toaster oven-spear so it can cook my eggs, too
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-20 15:11:21  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-08-20 15:11:37  
Wouldn't firing the weapon, thus moving mass away from the fulcrum, actually sap angular momentum from the swing? Not increase it?
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-08-20 15:11:44  
toaster spear? oh lord

your soldier will never go hungry in a intense fight!
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-20 15:12:24  
Fenrir.Tool said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

Shark-zooka. Nuff said.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-20 15:12:50  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Wouldn't firing the weapon, thus moving mass away from the fulcrum, actually sap angular momentum from the swing? Not increase it?

How about each shot takes the magical energy from the bullet and fires it down the chamber? It's fantasy after all.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-08-20 15:13:45  
yall do know there is a gunblade in FF13 but this one actually shoots
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-20 15:14:13  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
I'm sure there would be some bugs to work out, lol.

But not necessarily. Ever see someone play the sport Jai alai? It uses much the same concept but it propels the ball faster rather than the melee weapon itself.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-20 15:14:22  
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
yall do know there is a gunblade in FF13 but this one actually shoots

That's not a real gunblade damnit!

Revolver or Hyperion or GTFO
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-08-20 15:15:44  
I dunno I enjoyed FF7 and 8 :P

I also enjoyed the trigger part :x
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-20 15:16:02  
Also using a volleyball as a weapon doesn't work

Sorry Wakka, I guess your not allowed to join the party!

Don't forget slots, Sorry Cait-sith and Setzer, I guess you have to stay outside. Barret with a gun arm, get out, that is illogical. Animated moogles! Illogical, GTFO Lulu.
[+]
 Siren.Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-20 15:16:06  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

Or else require so much extra structure to correct its problems that the user would not be able to wield it or use it more than once.

Similar to problems the US Navy is currently experiencing with this
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-08-20 15:18:24  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Don't forget slots, Sorry Cait-sith and Setzer, I guess you have to stay outside. Barret with a gun arm, get out, that is illogical. Animated moogles! Illogical, GTFO Lulu.
You ever get hit in the head with a very fast moving volleyball? Yeah, it's a weapon.
[+]
 Siren.Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-20 15:18:30  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Also using a volleyball as a weapon doesn't work Sorry Wakka, I guess your not allowed to join the party! Don't forget slots, Sorry Cait-sith and Setzer, I guess you have to stay outside. Barret with a gun arm, get out, that is illogical. Animated moogles! Illogical, GTFO Lulu.

SE already tried the animated dolls in FF XI. We know for sure they fail in MMO.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-20 15:18:40  
It could use compressed air that it condenses from the atmosphere itself. Just saying. Doesn't need to be explosives involved.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-20 15:19:09  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I have no problem with weighted sports balls, firearm prosthetics, or voodooism.

I guess it's simply the lack of form and function within the gunblade that makes me look down upon it.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-20 15:20:14  
Siren.Temeraire said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Also using a volleyball as a weapon doesn't work Sorry Wakka, I guess your not allowed to join the party! Don't forget slots, Sorry Cait-sith and Setzer, I guess you have to stay outside. Barret with a gun arm, get out, that is illogical. Animated moogles! Illogical, GTFO Lulu.

SE already tried the animated dolls in FF XI. We know for sure they fail in MMO.

So do swords, Why not just use a gun. In fact lets make FFXIV an FPS
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-08-20 15:20:44  
I sense the built up rage people have towards FF8 lol
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-08-20 15:20:54  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Temeraire said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Don't ever say that. Ever.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-20 15:21:04  
Actually, you know what, of all fictional weapons that I've seen in the past years, I'd hazard a guess to say that gunblades are the most realistic of any of them. Laser weapons, blasters, time-controlling metallic arm things, everything Flion listed, plasma explosives, the list can go on.

While some of these things may, eventually, be possible, I could foresee someone building a makeshift gunblade in their basement for 50 dollars, as it stands today. It's definitely the least impossible of all of the above.
 Siren.Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-20 15:21:12  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Temeraire said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

With RTS elements...build your own stronghold!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-20 15:21:20  
Fenrir.Tool said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I have no problem with weighted sports balls, firearm prosthetics, or voodooism.

I guess it's simply the lack of form and function within the gunblade that makes me look down upon it.

Fantasy
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-20 15:21:59  
Siren.Enternius said:
Actually, you know what, of all fictional weapons that I've seen in the past years, I'd hazard a guess to say that gunblades are the most realistic of any of them. Laser weapons, blasters, time-controlling metallic arm things, everything Flion listed, plasma explosives, the list can go on.

While some of these things may, eventually, be possible, I could foresee someone building a makeshift gunblade in their basement for 50 dollars, as it stands today. It's definitely the least impossible of all of the above.

Possible maybe. But practical? Almost never.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-20 15:22:49  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Fantasy

Fantasy applies to every previous weapon you mentioned, and they at least made some sense in how they worked. Gunblade falls into the grey area unfortunately.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-20 15:22:57  
Fenrir.Tool said:
Siren.Enternius said:

Possible maybe. But practical? Almost never.

So are Laser scythes, no-one complains about those. Hell h2h isn't practical, it would break your hands.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-20 15:23:09  
Fenrir.Tool said:
Gunblades are the coolest-looking weapons ever, and yet also the most damaging and accurate. You can't speak of form or function in this situation.
 Siren.Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-20 15:23:10  
Siren.Enternius said:
Actually, you know what, of all fictional weapons that I've seen in the past years, I'd hazard a guess to say that gunblades are the most realistic of any of them. Laser weapons, blasters, time-controlling metallic arm things, everything Flion listed, plasma explosives, the list can go on. While some of these things may, eventually, be possible, I could foresee someone building a makeshift gunblade in their basement for 50 dollars, as it stands today. It's definitely the least impossible of all of the above.

Well, I did just compare gunblades to the US Navy's rail gun experiments...
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11