Books You Think Would Make Great Movies...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Books you think would make great movies...
Books you think would make great movies...
 Hades.Triet
サーバ: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2010-08-15 17:06:44  
The Phantom Tollbooth anyone?
 Gilgamesh.Tirantus
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-08-15 17:16:57  
The Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher has such great potential as a movie. Though that being said they did make a short lived TV series out of it on the Sci-Fi channel that was a total train wreck and didn't stay true to the books at all. Butchers Codex of Alera series would also make a good fantasy movie.

The Mortal Coils series by Eric Nylund (he wrote Halo: Fall of Reach and Halo: Ghosts of Onyx) could also be a great movie series.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-15 17:35:47  
Fenrir.Shindo said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Hell I'm still mad Old Tom Bombadil isn't in The Lord of the rings /cry
You, sir, win an internet.
I think it's a conspiracy cause he was always smoking something and talking about shrooms
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-15 17:36:06  
Hades.Triet said:
Lol that book was so weird
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-08-15 19:13:59  
I was going to suggest Peter Straub's "Shadowland" as a great story that would seem to be perfect for a special effects drama, but I found out just now that they planned earlier this year to make it into a movie LOL.

http://www.horrorsquad.com/2010/02/25/peter-straubs-shadowland-coming-to-screens-in-3d/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2010-08-15 19:56:15  
the rest of lemony snicket's a series of unfortunate events
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-08-15 19:59:23  
Green eggs and ham
[+]
By Fuquon 2010-08-15 20:00:23  
Otherland series by Tad Williams.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-08-15 20:00:54  
A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. The whole series would make a great Lord of the Rings-esque movie series.
 Hades.Triet
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2010-08-15 20:44:36  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Hades.Triet said:
Lol that book was so weird
But it was goooooooooood!
 Asura.Nususu
サーバ: Asura
user: nususu
By Asura.Nususu 2010-08-15 20:45:45  
I would like to see Stephen King's The Dark Tower series made into movies, though I have heard rumors they will be.
 Fenrir.Leesil
サーバ: Fenrir
user: jeremy234
By Fenrir.Leesil 2010-08-15 21:37:35  
The Noble dead Series by Barb and J.C. Hendee
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2010-08-15 21:42:24  
The Life of Pi by Yann Martel, it's supposedly already in the works but lots of turmoil around directors and scripts :/
 Hades.Agilo
user: Agilo
By Hades.Agilo 2010-08-15 21:47:54  
despite the fact that it already is a movie... Eragon (especially since the movie that was already made was awful).

If someone could actually make that and somewhat care about staying true to the book except for having the same names, then it could be a really really great movie i think.
 Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Lawson
By Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch 2010-08-15 21:52:22  
City of Thieves by David Benioff

Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy

The Passage by Justin Cronin

The Thief of Always by Clive Barker

just a few off the top of my head
 Bismarck.Drakelth
サーバ: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2010-08-15 21:56:26  
Seraph.Gilhaven said:
I was just reading the thread on "the last airbender" and noticing how alot of ppl were generally disappointed with how they adapted it for the big screen. That got me thinking...what do you think would be a good movie/series if it was given the "thumbs up"? My own choice would be a trilogy/or series based on The Dragonlance Series of books by Weiss/Hickman. Preferably beginning with "The Meetings" sextet where they introduce all the characters then followed up with "The Chronicles" trilogy which entails "Dragons of Autumn Twilight, Winter Night and Spring Dawning"
With todays advancements in CGI I think this would be an awesome epic series.

Whats your's?....

I think they already made dragonlance movies. i seen them playing on the movie channels.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2010-08-15 21:57:54  
I would love to see the Dresden Files made into a movie, mainly Dead Beat (Zombie T-rex any one?).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Lawson
By Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch 2010-08-15 22:10:09  
Looking forward to George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series coming to HBO next year.
 Shiva.Superdan
サーバ: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-15 22:17:15  
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Hell I'm still mad Old Tom Bombadil isn't in The Lord of the rings /cry

^ this

However, I believe the LOTR was one of the vew few adaptations that did well. Sure missed a lot of detail, but they WERE still enjoyable.

If you look at say.. Harry potter (Yes, potterfag here) the films were......
**********SPOILER ALERT (Just in case)**********************
Yeah :/ wtf they had flying death eaters everywhere man. In the books, everyone was like "What the hell? Voldemort can fly??" .. It just wasn't a 'normal' thing..(Even amoong wizards) It's why they have broomsticks <_<

****END OF SPOILER*****

Oh, another GOOD adaption imo was the Bourne series. Not all the books have been covered, and again missed detail, but I really enjoyed the movies too^^

I'd love to see the "Nothern Light" book series adapted. I know the first was adapated (And name changed ~.~) but they were way off the mark with it. They got rid of the whole religious aspect and actual plot. If they followed the books strictly and didn't worry about offending the church, it'd make a nice set of films.
 Bismarck.Kazo
user: Symbah
By Bismarck.Kazo 2010-08-15 22:37:19  
The Night Runner series, by Lynn Flewelling.
[+]
 Phoenix.Tealsic
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Tealsic
By Phoenix.Tealsic 2010-08-15 22:53:15  
Titan.Tails said:
The legend of Drizzt series. It'd be a hell of a compilation though heh.

this^ but the books are so awesome its inevitable(cant spell that damn word) that they would *** it up
 Gilgamesh.Tirantus
user: Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-08-16 23:44:14  
Bismarck.Drakelth said:
I would love to see the Dresden Files made into a movie, mainly Dead Beat (Zombie T-rex any one?).
This ^

That whole fight with Harry and the other Wardens mowing down a hoard of zombies and fighting the disciples of Kemmler, and the eventual showdown with Cowl would be epic.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-19 07:26:15  
Fuquon said:
Otherland series by Tad Williams.

If they made this movie I would not download it, I would be more than happy to pay however much they wanted to see that. Thats a really awesome serie! <3

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Temeraire
サーバ: Siren
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-19 08:23:23  
This is kind of different from what everyone else is saying, but I think The Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors by James D. Hornfischer would make a great movie. It would certainly be action-packed from beginning to end. Unfortunately, having seen The Windtalkers and Pearl Harbor, Clint Eastwood is probably the only director currently working who could do the text any justice...

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Hanbok
user: hanbok
By Gilgamesh.Hanbok 2010-08-19 09:18:57  
Gilgamesh.Tirantus said:
The Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher has such great potential as a movie. Though that being said they did make a short lived TV series out of it on the Sci-Fi channel that was a total train wreck and didn't stay true to the books at all. Butchers Codex of Alera series would also make a good fantasy movie.

DOOOOOODDD reading The Dresden Files right now , am on full moon (almost read some spoilers for me few postings back)

BUT i'll see your "The Dresden Files" and raise you

"The Malazan Book of the Fallen" series by Steven Erikson
the story's so epic in scope and complexity are amazing , so far i believe its going to end in a 10 book series that i've been following intently (and much dismayed that it's going to end)
a series of movies to the extent of LOTR series would be the only way to do it justice , BUT its far to gritty a storytelling will bloody bile covered battlefields and the insinuation of rape , yeah not clean cut enough for todays pop culture friendly hour and 20 minutes *** WRECKED THE CLASH OF THE TITANS !!
 Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Opehlia
By Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia 2010-08-19 09:36:42  

I think they should make a mini tv-series (since there is like 7books?) out of The Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward this is a cool series.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-08-19 09:48:56  
Manhunt: USA vs Militia by Ian Slater, directed by Quentin Tarantino.