Books You Think Would Make Great Movies...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Books you think would make great movies...
Books you think would make great movies...
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-08-19 09:52:28  
Siren.Enternius said:
Twilight.

Ohwait.

On a more serious note, I'd like to see pretty much any movie in The Forgotten Realms. Drizzt is too cool to not be on the big screen.

Oh holy ***this is memory land. Forgotten Realms haha. I must have read 100 of those books when I was younger. Maybe even 1000.
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-19 09:53:40  
I think if they put the effort in, and kept true to the story, they could come up with a good remake of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Wishful thinking though, movie goers these days are too stupid too appreciate anything more than explosions and slap stick humor.

Gilgamesh.Tirantus
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-08-19 09:58:16  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Books that would make good movies... in a perfect world:

World War Z
Bartimaeus Trilogy (:3)
House of Leaves

a better version of Dark Materials Trilogy..

Wasp Factory

In a perfect world, of course. In reality I'm scared if/when they attempt these movies. Ruining things I love dearly..
Last I heard they are making a movie based on World War Z. Been talk about it for over a year now. But I haven't looked into it for awhile. I also hope it doesn't suck. That book was fantastic.
Quote:
DOOOOOODDD reading The Dresden Files right now , am on full moon (almost read some spoilers for me few postings back)
Sorry for the almost spoilers. I tried to be TOO detailed. You still got like 5 books before getting into the stuff I mentioned so don't worry haha.

I'll have to check that series out. I'm to the point where I'm caught up on all the book's I follow. Waiting a year or more for new books to be released is torture.

If you like The Dresden Files I would also suggest The Nightside by Simon R Green. It's very similar but its a lot more "out there" in terms of story and setting.

Also you may wanna check out Butchers other series The Codex of Alera. It's a 6 book fantasy series heavily inspired by stuff like Conan and Lord of the Rings. Except it doesn't have all the now cliche trappings of the genre, and unlike LOTR it's by someone who can actually write action scenes.
 Bismarck.Amla
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Amla
By Bismarck.Amla 2010-08-19 12:06:30  
Valefor.Prothescar said:
A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. The whole series would make a great Lord of the Rings-esque movie series.

this ^ thos books were such a great read, would need someone to do them justice
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-08-19 12:10:05  
Animal Farm - but not a cartoon version. Perhaps they could do something like they did with Charlotte's Web or Babe for the pigs. Make it darker though.
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-19 12:11:58  
Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:
Animal Farm - but not a cartoon version. Perhaps they could do something like they did with Charlotte's Web or Babe for the pigs. Make it darker though.

Boxer, nooooooooo :<

That's one book I'd reeaaaaaaaaaaaaally not want made into a movie.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-19 12:26:12  
House of Leaves by Mark. Z Danielewski:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/132/323285034_b892f58887_o.jpg

http://chetgassett.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/houseofleavesbraille-e1280615127964.jpg

I URL'd the images because they are huge and I don't want to resize them.

I have to admit making a movie out of it would be bit of a leap and would be hard to put the book to justice unless all the stars align.
 Bismarck.Ariyon
user: Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2010-08-19 12:34:30  
Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series.
 Bismarck.Amla
user: Amla
By Bismarck.Amla 2010-08-19 12:42:16  
Bismarck.Ariyon said:

i think it was in another thread - but i think they are already doing this ^
 Bismarck.Ariyon
user: Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2010-08-19 12:43:42  
Bismarck.Amla said:
Bismarck.Ariyon said:

:O I had not heard this, but if that's true then I will be insanely happy. Time to go search the forums.
 Bahamut.Jobice
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jobice
By Bahamut.Jobice 2010-08-19 13:15:21  
Anything by Terry Brooks. I know that someone owns the rights to The Sword of Shannara and The Elfstones of Shannara but nothings become of it.

A Dresdin Files movie would be cool since the TV series got canceled which I actually liked.
 Siren.Temeraire
サーバ: Siren
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-19 14:54:02  
Bismarck.Ariyon said:
Bismarck.Amla said:
Bismarck.Ariyon said:
:O I had not heard this, but if that's true then I will be insanely happy. Time to go search the forums.

It is in the "Bela is a darkfriend" thread. There is very little information out about it, but the film is scheduled for release sometime in 2011. It is based on The Eye of the World. The filmmakers have the rights to the entire series.

EDIT: link
 Asura.Abriannah
サーバ: Asura
user: Abrianna
By Asura.Abriannah 2010-08-19 20:57:26  
I'd like to see the Gemma Doyle Series. Loved the books.
 Ifrit.Erimel
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Erimel 2010-08-19 21:02:43  
I'd say the hitchhiker's guide but they already tried that twice and failed twice. Maybe Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency; a lesser known book by Douglas Adams but a good one none the less.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-19 21:07:46  
Day By Day Armageddon by JL Bourne.

It would be weird, but that film could have GREAT dialogue.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-08-19 21:13:45  
The Silmarillion.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-19 21:23:35  
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
The Silmarillion.

10x this! That was one of the best books I've had the pleasure to read. Is the hobbit movie still in production? It's been quiet for a while
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-08-19 21:26:07  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
The Silmarillion.

10x this! That was one of the best books I've had the pleasure to read. Is the hobbit movie still in production? It's been quiet for a while

No idea. I've given up hopes for another good LoTR movie, to be honest.
 Ragnarok.Mryumyums
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: MrYumYums
By Ragnarok.Mryumyums 2010-08-19 21:37:53  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:

Bartimaeus Trilogy (:3)
^This, and also, The demonata series by Darren Shan, although....A cirque du freak movie was made and it failed....
 Gilgamesh.Hanbok
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: hanbok
By Gilgamesh.Hanbok 2010-08-19 21:50:59  
Gilgamesh.Tirantus said:

Quote:
DOOOOOODDD reading The Dresden Files right now , am on full moon (almost read some spoilers for me few postings back)
Sorry for the almost spoilers. I tried to be TOO detailed. You still got like 5 books before getting into the stuff I mentioned so don't worry haha.

I'll have to check that series out. I'm to the point where I'm caught up on all the book's I follow. Waiting a year or more for new books to be released is torture.

If you like The Dresden Files I would also suggest The Nightside by Simon R Green. It's very similar but its a lot more "out there" in terms of story and setting.

Also you may wanna check out Butchers other series The Codex of Alera. It's a 6 book fantasy series heavily inspired by stuff like Conan and Lord of the Rings. Except it doesn't have all the now cliche trappings of the genre, and unlike LOTR it's by someone who can actually write action scenes.

you gotta check it out , malazan empire SO insane