What Are Your Favourite RPGs?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » What are your favourite RPGs?
What are your favourite RPGs?
First Page 2 3
 Shiva.Superdan
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-04 13:25:37  
Any console. Any franchise. What are your faves?

I have to say I am still in love with Ocarina of time from N64.. Man I wish my N64 didn't break, should buy a new one xD

Also gotta put FFX out for my favourite FF game ;p

GBA games.. Anyone ever played the Golden Sun games? They kick ***. Ever get bored, download the roms.

Come on people, share the RPG love.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-04 13:28:40  
Secret of everymore.

Legend of the seven stars....

Snes rpgs were a different era. Makes me wish I was a kid again
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-04 13:31:18  
Skies of Arcadia
Grandia 2
Golden Sun
Digital Devil Saga
Tales of Eternia/Symphonia/Abyss/Vesperia
Fire Emblem series
Chrono Cross!
Persona 3
FF6/8
Pokemon
Breath of Fire
Baten Kaitos
Suikoden
Star Ocean II

Could go on forever :x

Added moar
[+]
 Asura.Alymorel
サーバ: Asura
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-09-04 13:33:55  
Chrono Trigger. My favorite game. EVER.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-09-04 13:34:34  
Asura.Alymorel said:
Chrono Trigger. My favorite game. EVER.

I... I think I'm in love <3

Oh and uh, ditto~
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-04 13:35:32  
Shiva.Superdan said:

I have to say I am still in love with Ocarina of time from N64..
More of action-adventure than rpg
[+]
 Shiva.Brosnan
user: Brosnan
By Shiva.Brosnan 2010-09-04 13:35:42  
Hmmm....me and the little lady have a fav role playing game does that count?
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-09-04 13:40:41  
Shiva.Superdan said:

I have to say I am still in love with Ocarina of time from N64.. Man I wish my N64 didn't break, should buy a new one xD

Also gotta put FFX out for my favourite FF game ;p

GBA games.. Anyone ever played the Golden Sun games? They kick ***. Ever get bored, download the roms.

Come on people, share the RPG love.

Well LOZ OOT isn't really an RPG, nonetheless an awesome game, however I prefer ALTTP (and would totally love to see a 3d remake, with good graphics, none of that cell-shading garbage) but as far as RPG's go, FF7(duh), 8 and X are epic, even 9 was pretty good but there were a few things in that game that Square was experimenting with at the time that I wasn't too fond of. As for Golden Sun, beat the first one, had or have the second one, I can't remember if i still have it but I never really got into it, the system in the first one and the story were pretty epic though. Wild Arms had a good run for awhile, I'd still like to finish Legend Of Dragoon (I fail I know), Legend Of Legaia was amazing, the Dot//hack series was great, and if you ever get a chance to try something different try to play Shadow Hearts, there's 3 or 4 of them IIRC plus they have a prequel on the PSX Koudelka I believe was the name. There's so many great games even though most aren't "main stream" Also my dab into the Chrono Series makes me want to finish, but so many games, so little time. Especially if you're an XI addict.

Edit: I forgot Super Mario RPG Legend of the 7 Stars, last game Square made for Nintendo until Crystal Chronicles I think (not 100%)
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2010-09-04 13:47:34  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Secret of everymore.

Legend of the seven stars....

Snes rpgs were a different era. Makes me wish I was a kid again

QFT

FF4/6 Secret of Mana... yeah. SNES was the Golden Age of RPG's. The graphics were starting to get good, but you still needed an awesome story to capture people. Seems nowadays games are made to look pretty, but lack story and playability.

If I had to give the nod to best RPG it would go to Chrono Trigger, with Final Fantasy 6 just a half stride behind. Both had absolutely amazing storylines... The heartbreak I felt when you lost Chrono.. or you re-find Terra in the World of Ruin and she lost her will to fight.. The elation when you get them both back... wow. I don't empathize with any characters like I did back then. I wonder if it is because the games have changed, or because I was a kid.
 Asura.Saefinn
user: Saefinn
By Asura.Saefinn 2010-09-04 13:54:00  
I think the final fantasy series will be the obvious one. But more specifically, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and dare I say it...13. 7 was my first as it came with our Playstation and I just fell in love with it - I know fanboys go on and on about FFVII and it has put off friends from liking it, but when I first played it, it was an awesome game and now, it comes with nostalgia to play and I've still not beaten Emerald Weapon...

I'll agree on the Golden Sun games, I can't wait for the new one on the DS to come out, definitely worth the time.

Recent JRPGs I loved:

Star Ocean: The Last Hope (XBox 360 & PS3) - the only annoying thing about it is the voice acting and dialogue (terribly written).
Lost Odyssey (XBox 360) - Great story, great game play, quite difficult at times, but always remains a challenge
The Last Remnant (XBox 360 & PC)- Good story, interesting game play, I enjoyed it, I liked the ending, but the game's difficulty often feels unbalanced - some bosses at time feel impossibly difficult - I'm replaying it on the XBox 360 and The Gates of Hell are giving me hell :). Note: the XBox 360 version is horrendous performance wise.

I only picked up Eternal Sonata yesterday and am trying to get a hold of Tales of Vesperia, but it seems the EU version is rare...Play.com are selling it for ~£120.

Out of the oldies, I didn't get to play much - instead of a SNES I had a Megadrive, though I did have Phantasy Star II, but in those days, I was mostly playing Sonic the Hedgehog and Desert Strike. On the Playstation, the Final Fantasy series was probably my only RPG. On the PC, however, Morrowind for the win. ;) In my Amiga days, which is taking me back to a very young age, I remember playing on Eye of the Beholder. After getting into Final Fantasy, I made sure I played their back catalogue and I have emulated a couple of the Tales and Star Ocean games.
 Asura.Alymorel
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-09-04 13:55:41  
So much love for Chrono Trigger in this thread! <33333
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-09-04 13:57:21  
Asura.Saefinn said:
I've still not beaten Emerald Weapon...

It's easy, you just need the underwater Materia and just hack at it's health. /comfort
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-04 14:05:54  
Asura.Alymorel said:
So much love for Chrono Trigger in this thread! <33333
God that thing was so hard to find. I remember finally finding it once and it was like $70 back when N64 was kinda newish
 Odin.Trelan
サーバ: Odin
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-09-04 14:12:54  
I found Lunar the Silver Star and Dark Wizard while cleaning out the garage. I think I may play them again ^^;
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-04 14:16:07  
I actually liked vandal hearts I & II.

Not gonna say they are all time favourite, but they deserve to be mentioned ^^
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-04 14:24:10  
Odin.Trelan said:
I found Lunar the Silver Star and Dark Wizard while cleaning out the garage. I think I may play them again ^^;
Lunar and lunar 2 are epic
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-04 14:25:33  
Lufia and Lufia 2. I love how the final fights of 2 is the intro fights of 1 lol
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-09-04 14:26:45  
Just about every Zelda
Persona 3 Portable
Tales of Vesperia
Most Final Fantasies (I'd rather not get into that dead horse topic again)
Mass Effect 2 (if you count that)
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-04 14:28:34  
My favorite non-Square RPG has to definitely be Legend of Dragoon.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-09-04 14:28:55  
Oh and Kingdom Hearts I / II
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-09-04 14:31:22  
Back in the day, I liked the (old old) SSI RPG's, like Wizard's Crown, and the AD&D Forgotten Realms adaptations Pool of Radiance, Curse of Azure Bonds, Secret of the Silver Blades, Pools of Darkness, Menzoberranzan, and Ravenloft: Strahd's Possession.

I also loved the Y's series, Sorcerian, and the Shining in the Darkness/Shining Force series of games.

Other quasi-RPG faves (ones which were almost shooters or action games, but had immersive storylines and character leveling that were essentially RPGs, playstyle-wise) were the Phantasy Star Online/Phantasy Star Universe series.
By semimmortal 2010-09-04 14:50:34  
A recent game called "Nier" was pretty addicting.
It's the first game that I played it to 100% completion (plat. trophy in psn) without getting bored.

Same peeps that came up with the Drakenguard series (also related too).

Warning though, story's *** up.
By semimmortal 2010-09-04 14:52:32  
Might have to *** it has the best OST I've ever listened to till now. Wish I was over exaggerating about this, but I'm not lol.
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-04 15:10:20  
@ Darkanaseur - I LOVED the Fire Emblem games, but wasn't sure if they'd clas as RPG since it's kinda.. military strategy. Still.. I've completed 1 & 2 about a dozen times, maxing out all chars on sacred stones.. lol.

@ Tiger - Ocarina of Time has always been an RPG in my mind. Same way I'd class Fallout3 & Oblivion as RPGs. /Shrug I shall ignore all other opinions D:

@Bros - Lol, shush and get online and come kill *** ;p

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-04 15:12:27  
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Suikoden 2
Chrono Trigger
Kingdom Hearts

There's a bunch more I loved but those are the ones that stood out, outside the FF series

^ This.. plus Secret of mana + the other suikoden games (tactics was ok but not an RPG, and 4 was meh 5 was ok, but 1-3 were epic win) DQ 8 + all 4 persona games ^^ (there are 5 but USA only got the 2nd half of Persona 2 :( ).
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-04 15:16:33  
Just to name a few:

- Shadow hearts II (covenant)

- Arc The Lad: Twilight Of The Spirits

- Final Fantasy X

- Xenosaga

- Suikoden III

- Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

- Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator

Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-04 15:20:07  
Shiva.Superdan said:
@ Darkanaseur - I LOVED the Fire Emblem games, but wasn't sure if they'd clas as RPG since it's kinda.. military strategy. Still.. I've completed 1 & 2 about a dozen times, maxing out all chars on sacred stones.. lol.

@ Tiger - Ocarina of Time has always been an RPG in my mind. Same way I'd class Fallout3 & Oblivion as RPGs. /Shrug I shall ignore all other opinions D:

@Bros - Lol, shush and get online and come kill *** ;p

about as much of an rpg as mario 64, lol. Still a wonderful game
[+]
 Cerberus.Baleoce
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Baleoce
By Cerberus.Baleoce 2010-09-04 15:20:43  
Landstalker on the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis.

Such a good game.
 Odin.Trelan
サーバ: Odin
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-09-04 15:20:58  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Odin.Trelan said:
Lunar and lunar 2 are epic

Was trying to decide which one to play~Tiger thanks for making the decision for me xD
First Page 2 3