日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » New Keitonotachi trials
New Keitonotachi trials
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-09-11 18:05:34  
I was hoping it would branch and take different names.
Right now i have DMG:95 WSdmg+10% Keiten
I have a bunch of other Trial GK's but atm this does insane damage.
Close to a Epmerial GK myself, farming coins :<
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-11 18:07:49  
coins dont get you the empyreal, the gems do...you're going for non-masamune path?

and yes i'm hoping that 95 dmg GK is like hagun+1 with an actual boost to rana lol
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-09-11 18:13:16  
I'm doing the path under emperial, so yes coins
I'm also getting a 2nd Raidenotachi to wait for gems.

Yeah i also like how rana will get a boost.
Raiden does monster Rana's so I think rana can actually do some high amounts of damage to rank with Y/G/K

Fudo though seems like a monster.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-11 18:14:14  
ya I can't wait for that ***...I'm stuck on Urd atm :( fail
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-09-11 18:28:05  
I'll definitely get the WS DMG+10% option considering all the new gear has a lot of STP.

I would get the STP choice but you cannot get a 4hit with 464 delay regardless of your STP. Only way would be Eisen Grip to upper the base delay, which would have detrimental effects on a 464 imo.

You can however 4hit a 480 delay weapon.
 Siren.Maximillion
サーバ: Siren
user: mozart
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-09-15 12:41:49  
Okay so I sort of stopped my radennotachi trials at Okyupete and took a break from the game. Would you recommend continuing with that path or go for the WS dmg10%. Honestly, the WS dmg gkat seems REALLY easy (Just a bit time consuming) to get compared to the friggin' NMs. Also, should I aim for the sTP one if I don't have a rose strap? I really don't care about campaign and absolutely hate it. Would I still have a hard time getting 5hit.

Someone fill me on this, pl0x.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-09-15 12:53:33  
Well with STP merits, raja's and brutal you get 5hit with 464dly yeah.

And if thats not the case af3+1 head and legs have 10% haste combined and STP+10. Neither are impossible to get. With 464 dly and very easy to get +30 STP 4 hit is obtainable even?
I suck at these equasion and math but I just feel it. I mean AV's GK was hot ***cuz STP and a polearm like delay of 480, it was easy to get TP.
I'm working on Fudo's coin path and the OAT+dmg atm, of course bad drop rates and losing lots slow down a lot.

As of now, not including full relics/mythic/empyrial
1.Fudo GK (coin path)
2.OAT+dmg
3.Keiten+1 (ws path)
4.Keiten+1 (stp)
5.str/atk trial
6.Occ2-3 trial
7.Soro
8.Hagun

Store bought GK's dont cut it now, if you wanna be a good SAM, out some work into it via trials.
Also, WS trials on SAM? come on, thats like 20min...
(That note is to the Hagun Sam's)
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-09-15 12:58:20  
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Well with STP merits, raja's and brutal you get 5hit with 464dly yeah.

What are you talking about? STP merits with Rajas, Brutal and 464 delay only gives you back 17.2 TP.

Did you mean 6 hit?
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-09-15 13:00:34  
Okay i said i suck at math, yeah 6 hit.

I use askar too (for that rare DA proc)
I just dislike perle, too good of an armor for easy access.
Askar took some work to get :/
I have STP+12 with keiten+1
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-09-15 13:03:33  
You need +29 STP in gear to get 5 hit with a 464 delay. Keep in mind that means you need to WS in +29 STP as well to keep that 5 hit. Which is why my set over shots STP in my melee gear so I can swap in more STR for WSing.
 Siren.Maximillion
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-09-15 13:03:46  
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:

You use askar over hauby or perle for the DA? kk cool.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-09-15 13:05:48  
Well stp+5 and DA, more attack, Acc i don't sweat.
But i'm waiting to get a calculator with the 10 from af3
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-09-15 13:06:45  
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Well stp+5 and DA, more attack, Acc i don't sweat.
But i'm waiting to get a calculator with the 10 from af3

What exactly do you need to know about the 10 from af3? Sorry, im not clear and can prob help if I understood your goal.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-09-15 13:10:13  
To be honest, I just wear whatever, Not certain builds or anything.
I'm going for... well rounded...
Damage, Haste, STP.

It helps to specialize but I've crunched more numbers than anyone else around my level, i never second guessed my style
 Diabolos.Obliterate
サーバ: Diabolos
user: TBMC
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2010-09-15 13:20:07  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Diabolos.Obliterate said:
Yeah not worth it by any means but it is possible, didn't want to inculde any of the new af3 since we don't really know how difficult it will be to obtain, was just showing that it is currently possible with gear currently available. It may be a viable option to build on in the future however if/when better stp pieces and traits come into play, but as for now just stick to the 5 hit builds.
Your math is wrong, 4hit isn't possible with 464 delay. Max +STP is 100 including traits, that gives you 24.4/hit. 24.4*4 97.6 stp, so still 5hit.

Not being sarcastic but asking a question, where does it say or how do you know STP caps at +100? My math would only be wrong if that is true.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-15 14:14:44  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Yeah not worth it by any means but it is possible, didn't want to inculde any of the new af3 since we don't really know how difficult it will be to obtain, was just showing that it is currently possible with gear currently available. It may be a viable option to build on in the future however if/when better stp pieces and traits come into play, but as for now just stick to the 5 hit builds.
Your math is wrong, 4hit isn't possible with 464 delay. Max +STP is 100 including traits, that gives you 24.4/hit. 24.4*4 97.6 stp, so still 5hit.

Not being sarcastic but asking a question, where does it say or how do you know STP caps at +100? My math would only be wrong if that is true.

I'm fairly certain that it is because:

typically any percentile increases cap at 100% (besides +haste%...which caps at 80% total. Not to mention that haste is also different than a direct percent increase of something such as double attack, since haste actually works as a -delay to your weapon, thus why it has increasing returns the more you add etc.)

Such is the example of Double attack. Unless SE feels like implementing a lower cap, the maximum cap that it could possibly have is 100%, which would give you a double attack on every hit.

Similarly, in the case of StoreTP, you calculate it as a percent. +15StoreTP is: 15% TP added to your base TP per hit. Therefore, +100STP is adding the max of 100% TP to your base TP per hit, effectively doubling your base TP per hit.

In other words, you can view storeTP as a percent increase to your base TP per hit. And base TP per hit depends on your weapon delay.
 Leviathan.Iphigenia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Iphigenia 2010-09-16 05:28:35  
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
To be honest, I just wear whatever, Not certain builds or anything.
I'm going for... well rounded...
Damage, Haste, STP.

It helps to specialize but I've crunched more numbers than anyone else around my level, i never second guessed my style

Not to pick on you in particular but... this is the most common mistake many samurai players make: not creating an x-hit build and being deliberate about the best buffs their gear choices can offer in both TP and WS builds while maintaining 100TP achieved in x swings.

These SAMs equip too much or too little store TP or just pile on the melee gear they own from another job and hope for the best. There really is no excuse for this with all the research available on the web and all the gear options in the game.

I just managed a solid 5-hit with 17% haste on my SAM using the keito+1 and I encourage anybody who just "hopes for the best" to work a little harder on selecting their gear. SAM is only amazing if you choose your gear precisely and don't play in a lazy manner.

Don't trip over my soap box, sorry for the essay.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-16 05:55:41  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

You can get more than 100STP even without AF3, so try it out.
10 on weapon.
4 on strap.
2 white tathlum
3 SAM af3 neck
Brutal 1
Atilla 1
JSE body 9
Hachiman hands+1 9
Rajas 5
Ecphoria 1
(I think there's a STP back?)
Goading belt 5
JSE legs 6?
Usu feet 7
Carbonara 6
Traits and merits 35

104. And in AF3+1/2 and you're easily overshooting it. It's not just blind speculation.
 Diabolos.Obliterate
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2010-09-16 09:34:01  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
You can get more than 100STP even without AF3, so try it out. 10 on weapon. 4 on strap. 2 white tathlum 3 SAM af3 neck Brutal 1 Atilla 1 JSE body 9 Hachiman hands+1 9 Rajas 5 Ecphoria 1 (I think there's a STP back?) Goading belt 5 JSE legs 6? Usu feet 7 Carbonara 6 Traits and merits 35 104. And in AF3+1/2 and you're easily overshooting it. It's not just blind speculation.

All you did was list my gear setup that I first posted and said try it out, thats not what I was asking, I was asking if it has been PROVEN either by yourself or anyone else that STP caps at 100 through actual trial not by speculating. If it does cap at 100 then that would be stupid, there would be absolutly no reason to get the stp Keitenotachi or another stp trait or even alot of the new stp on the new af would simply go to waste if you cant acheive higher than a five hit build. I dont see how adding more than 100 will break the stp formula or change it at all in any way its not as if you cant go higher than 100%.

EX:

Wepon delay: 11.5 + [(464 - 450) * 1.5 / 30]= 12.2 base tp per hit

STP: {1 + (.01 X 110)} = 2.1

Weapon delay + STP = 12.2 * 2.1 = 25.6 tp per swing 4-hit

So until someone actually stacks over 100STP and trys it there is no reason why it would just cap at 100.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-16 09:48:17  
It has been tested is the point. Even FFXICalc is built under that rule, all addition-percentages cap at 100. There is no such thing as 200% in anything that can't have a broken cap. FFXICalc is based on proven facts and formulae, not speculation and assumptions. If you really want it tested, I'm sure you could do it yourself, I don't have that Keitono nor +1 hands.
[+]
 Diabolos.Obliterate
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2010-09-16 10:01:45  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
It has been tested is the point. Even FFXICalc is built under that rule, all addition-percentages cap at 100. There is no such thing as 200% in anything that can't have a broken cap. FFXICalc is based on proven facts and formulae, not speculation and assumptions. If you really want it tested, I'm sure you could do it yourself, I don't have that Keitono nor +1 hands.

I doubt it was built on proven facts due to the simple fact that getting over 100 STP wasnt even possible until recently. People are quick to make assumptions on alot of the formulas in this game and pass them off as facts which is why I take most of them with a grain of salt until they have been tested and proven in game. Unless that program was written by the people that acutally wrote the code for FFXI it means nothing. Even it if it were true that at a time the cap for stp was 100 it would take no effort at all to simply remove the cap in any update.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-16 10:26:01  
It was very possible to test it ever since Rose Strap was added. +20 in campaign is pretty significant.

Campaign 20
JSE Body 9
Hachiman hands +1 9
Rajas 5
Ecphoria 1
JSE Legs 6
Usu feet 7
Brutal 1
Atilla 1
White tathlum 2
Traits 35
Carbonara 6

101. If you own a Keito+1 you wouldn't need all of that, so you'd be very able to go and test it without arguing no u. If you're right then awesome!
The system itself is percentile based, thats why +1 is .1 TP, not a straight 1, percentages always cap at 100.
[+]
 Diabolos.Obliterate
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2010-09-16 10:52:29  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
It was very possible to test it ever since Rose Strap was added. +20 in campaign is pretty significant. Campaign 20 JSE Body 9 Hachiman hands +1 9 Rajas 5 Ecphoria 1 JSE Legs 6 Usu feet 7 Brutal 1 Atilla 1 White tathlum 2 Traits 35 Carbonara 6 101. If you own a Keito+1 you wouldn't need all of that, so you'd be very able to go and test it without arguing no u. If you're right then awesome! The system itself is percentile based, thats why +1 is .1 TP, not a straight 1, percentages always cap at 100.

You are right on that I will give you that, it was possible to test it under the campaign effect, whether it was tested though idk. The point im trying to make is I dont see why they would be adding all of this stp stuff to sam if currently we can already build a very decent 5-hit setup without those things. If the max we can get is a 5-hit all that extra stp is a waste, now I do understand it will make getting a 5-hit with the lower delay gkts like masamune and amano alot easier but if thats all its intended to do that leaves about 95% of the sams out there not gaining much.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-16 10:56:24  
Well the biggest advantage of additional STP beyond what you need for xhit is allowing you to swap every piece of gear out for WS phase. Beyond that, meh.
 Titan.Eiryn
サーバ: Titan
user: Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2010-09-16 11:15:20  
Siren.Maximillion said:
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:

lolHauby! At this point in the game, if you don't have the accuracy from gear/skill or zanshin merits maybe Samurai isn't the job for you. I know, I know, everyone jumped on the Samurai bandwagon before even thinking of how to REALLY play it and some are actually starting to see the light, but cmon, I'm sick of seeing people using hauby over askar if they have it, not to mention tossing out a lot of haste to make a 5hit build. With this new update SE basically HANDED Samurai a 25% haste/5hit build with a Hagun-like Great Katana in the WS+10% Kieten gkt. The toughest piece to get in my opinion is the goading belt. Everything else just takes a little work.

/endrant from a 7 year Samurai(before it was broken)
 Siren.Maximillion
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-09-16 11:26:37  
Titan.Eiryn said:
Siren.Maximillion said:
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:

lolHauby! At this point in the game, if you don't have the accuracy from gear/skill or zanshin merits maybe Samurai isn't the job for you. I know, I know, everyone jumped on the Samurai bandwagon before even thinking of how to REALLY play it and some are actually starting to see the light, but cmon, I'm sick of seeing people using hauby over askar if they have it, not to mention tossing out a lot of haste to make a 5hit build. With this new update SE basically HANDED Samurai a 25% haste/5hit build with a Hagun-like Great Katana in the WS+10% Kieten gkt. The toughest piece to get in my opinion is the goading belt. Everything else just takes a little work.

/endrant from a 7 year Samurai(before it was broken)

I stopped reading after zanshin merits.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-16 11:28:11  
Siren.Maximillion said:

Askar is hands down the best body piece. Can 5hit without, maintain max Haste, and use sushi if you need accuracy
 Siren.Maximillion
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-09-16 11:31:34  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Siren.Maximillion said:

Askar is hands down the best body piece. Can 5hit without, maintain max Haste, and use sushi if you need accuracy

Well, I came back to the game after 3-4 months so I guess things have changed. Also, now SAMs use sushi and use askar body? And if you want to keep that 5 hit build, do you need a rose strap?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-16 11:35:57  
Well without AF3 you need Rose. And yes, sushi has always been one of the best foods for SAM since attack does pretty much nothing from them.