Beta Almost Over, Views?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » Beta almost over, views?
Beta almost over, views?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-19 12:44:35  
lol fair enough Ent

but still nobody has answered my question, and i asked it in like 4 FF14 threads....does anybody have absolute confirmation that Samurai will be unlockable on retail?
 Sylph.Belmonth
サーバ: Sylph
user: Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-09-19 12:45:16  
Phoenix.Huginn said:
The Game is stunningly beautiful. Everything about the environment is great. From the effects of moving from high to low and low to high light areas to the interactions with NPCs, it all looks fantastic.
All of the graphical effects are amazing.
The combat system is difficult and awkward. There is an auto attack in every MMO i have ever played, but none in this. Not even a "when i am at full stamina, go ahead and use my basic attack" feature. I do not know how to use the battle regimen system effectively, so i may be totally off base. i will be posting this paragraph to the beta feedback forum momentarily: "Dear SE, I should not feel a greater sense of accomplishment for defeating the terribly awkward and unintuitive battle system and targeting system than I do for completing the quest that I was on. I should not die to 4 TWTBW mobs because it takes me 15 seconds to target and attack each one. Please fix your target system, do not make <me> the default target, and please automatically drop target and target-lock when i defeat a monster. Please do not make me manually remove target lock and then drop target on a monster that has been dead 10 sec but is still not drawn dying."
The random Japanese text is annoying.
the fact that there are quests to defeat level 5 monsters that are all hiding behinnd level 35 monsters is ridiculous.
the fact that near completion of a levequest, a monster will attempt to flee, and if you kill it on the spot..... it still counts as having fled and still spawns those other mobs right next to the level 327463 aggressive mob who also has ranged attack.
armor and weapons degrade QUICKLY! as in you have about 2 hours before your weapon will become so degraded that you need a new one or to repair the one you have.
The "Many vs. Many" battle system is BS. If I am a PGL and i am 4 levels higher than the THM in my party, AND i use taunt, AND i beat the living ***out of the mob, ONE STANDARD ATTACK from the Thaumaturge should NOT take hate. The mobs are programmed to ignore enmity, take out the healers and squishies first, DD second then laugh at the tank who has no support until the tank dies of embarrassment. This is not "Monster strategy" this is total BS. It's like that worst game you have ever had of D&D, where the DM wont play tabletop with figures, only because he wants to make sure that things such as distance and rules and fairplay don't get in the way of his kobolds killing the ***out of your level 4 party and you can't land a single attack because of a "blinding snowstorm" that doesn't seem to effect the kobolds with crossbows.
The level of frustration experienced (after the initial wow and learning how the game works) is totally unacceptable.
i was looking so very forward to playing 14... at least now i know ill have time to play 11 still, since 14 is a no-go at this point.

Meh auto-attack, thank God there isn't any. Main QQers about no autoattack are the ones that like to leech on groups.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-19 12:55:58  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
lol fair enough Ent

but still nobody has answered my question, and i asked it in like 4 FF14 threads....does anybody have absolute confirmation that Samurai will be unlockable on retail?
I can't speak in absolutes, but there is striking evidence that, if not at the start, it, alone with 10 other unreleased classes, will be available in future updates.

Musketeer: Obvious in the intro cutscene for Limsa Lominsa, a Roegadyn Marauder that switches to Musketeer.
Bard: Obvious in the intro cutscenes for Ul'Dah. Thancred and F'lhaminn are both Bards.
Sentinel: Images were released long ago of a Lantern shield, a shield with blades attached to it, functioning as both a melee weapon and a shield. I believe that this is the basis of Sentinel's attacking style.
Flayer: Listed here as using a whip. In FF4, Rydia was a summoner that used a Whip in place of staves, which seems to coincide with the fact that they added .dats for Ifrit and Titan.

Naturally, all of the .dats for all of the classes listed are already established. It's been about a year since the original 7 classes were announced, I would be surprised if they hadn't done any work toward any of these new ones by this point.
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-19 13:21:29  
Sentinel is in the beta, my Sentinel level was 3 before I stopped playing.
By semimmortal 2010-09-19 13:28:12  
It's true SNT exists already, but only as a sub-weapon class.
I'm hoping for a main weapon SNT class. Would be badass to start shield-bashing like an Aegis PLD lol.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-19 13:39:33  
I'd all but made up my mind I was going to get this game within 20 minutes of playing it.. Within another hour of play, my mind was made up..

After all the time I've put into crafting/playing different classes in the beta, my mind has not changed, just the opposite.. These next few days are going to suck, because I'm a highly impatient person and when I'm waiting on something, like a game that is only a few days away from coming out, my perception of time triples.

I can't say I'm looking forward to grinding my crafts back to where they are currently, but I can tell you, that I will enjoy grinding the crafts in this game, a lot more then I did in XI.. Once I get back to the levels I'm at now, I'm sure crafting will be fully enjoyable again, I like the experimenting and such to find a good synth to skill up on, to me it's the same type of enjoyment as going exploring was when the beta first opened and I was able to log into the game and me and a few others from AH went off to distant lands in search of new sights and Aeths.

I do really enjoy the melee classes in this game, even the tedious grinding is fun and enjoyable for me, something I absolutely despised in XI, it's not because this game is new either, I hated grinding in XI from the get-go, it was never enjoyable for me.. I did it because it was necessary, and that's the only reason I did it.

There are still some things to be fixed (they have fixed some of it, the trade lag bugged the hell out of me, they've definitely improved upon that) but overall, I see this game going great places, once it's not quite so new, and it's running more smoothly, this will be an even greater game then it is now (even despite this is a beta with limited content, the game is great).

Money well spent in my book.. I foresee me deriving countless hours of satisfaction from this game.
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-19 13:51:56  
 Phoenix.Huginn
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Phoenix
user: skitz
By Phoenix.Huginn 2010-09-19 13:53:22  
The problems that i ranted about are still in the game as of last night. especially the targeting system. I have already pre-ordered so i will play the first free month, but SE really needs to have a change of heart and get their pride in check.
most of the "bugs" that people report are planned features that are of the core of FFXIV.
the game looks great, but i would like to be able to play it in a smooth fashion. It is not smooth when it takes more than 2 seconds to target the monster that is killing you.

my problem with no autoattack is that in FFXI with jobs like THF, you dont have time to be issuing normal attack commands in between finding the next mob, using job abilities, planning the timing of weapon skills... and just think of trying to play RDM without an auto attack, there would be no reason to have sword skill.

my point is that there are serious flaws in the system, and they have not been fixed. please play the game and try out the things i have mentioned and you might find that they will frustrate you too. ie. placing lone wolves at the entrance to almost every level 10 levequest (a lone wolf will slaughter 3 lvl 15 players) and placing ridiculous mobs across the bridges you need to pass.
By Flionheart 2010-09-19 13:58:07  
Phoenix.Huginn said:

my point is that there are serious flaws in the system, and they have not been fixed. please play the game and try out the things i have mentioned and you might find that they will frustrate you too. ie. placing lone wolves at the entrance to almost every level 10 levequest (a lone wolf will slaughter 3 lvl 15 players) and placing ridiculous mobs across the bridges you need to pass.

wat.

The exact same thing happened in XI. clearly you've never tried to traverse the jungle at an early level without a chocobo.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-19 14:04:24  
I find the targeting system to be a bit clunky, but then again, I found the targeting system in Diablo 2 clunky when I first ever played it, same goes for WoW when a friend made me try it and even FFXI.. I don't think it actually is clunky, I think I'm just going to have to get used to it, like I've had to get used to it in every single game I've ever touched. Until targeting is second nature and I do it without thinking, of course it's going to seem clunky..

As far as aggroing mobs being in the way of leve quests, well aggro is in integral part of MMO's, however I feel you're only focusing on the leve quest portion and seeing it as a flaw, what you're failing to mention is the fact that from level 1 you could explore pretty much the entire world in FFXIV, it didn't require waiting 10 minutes for mobs to line up right so you could run past either, you only needed to wait for them to move around occasionally.. Try going from Sandy to Beau. Glacier as a level 1 anything in FFXI (and without the aid of powders/oils) see how far you get with that. Hell, even getting from Sandy to Valkurm is an epic journey filled risk, it's not at all uncommon for someone new to the game to not even make it to the dunes before dying.
[+]
 Asura.Tristean
サーバ: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 14:06:29  
Most things don't aggro right away either. The AI of mobs is kind've cool actually. I was in coerthas like a week ago and most of the mobs are sight aggro. However, it's like when you walk behind them, they perk their ears up to see if something is there and if you don't move within 5 seconds... you're dead. But you don't get aggro right away. Mobs aren't super effing aggressive; you can traverse most of the area without getting aggro.

Also comparing RDM to FFXIV is kind've null and void. There's not a magic sword wielding class as of right now.

I would like an autotarget feature though but targetting really isn't an issue once you adapt.
By Flionheart 2010-09-19 14:10:02  
Most mobs have weird types of aggro.

1) Will aggro right away and rape you (example, antlings)
2) Will aggro unless you carry on running (example, Inferno drake)
3) Will aggro only if you're in passive mode (example, Vultures)

There are probably more too.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-19 14:12:13  
4) Will aggro you even if you're not even within sight range of them (Truffle Hogs in Mor Dhona)

It didn't even say in the log what killed me. Just a sudden taking 6000 damage, and I was down.
 Asura.Tristean
サーバ: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 14:40:02  
Hogs are just mean. Sato and me were sitting on this fort thing in coerthas waiting for the sunrise and out of no where one snorts on sato and kills him.

I did not know that about birds... hmmm.... that makes things tons easier...
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-09-19 14:57:24  
I like:
the graphics, the quests, the terrain, character creation, the music, friendly people i met ingame and cut scenes

I hate:
the patcher updates like torrents which my school's network blocks it
the UI
How most of the npc's/cut scenes have british voices
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-19 15:08:22  
Good points: Graphics, character design, art direction, active combat, non-hardcore elements, flexible character growth

Bad points: Dangerously unstable, crashy, lack of content, terrible economic model, extremely slow UI, server lag, poor class diversification

They've acknowledged all of the bad points, but it's inconceivable they will be fixed in four days. So right now I'm just praying that having these problems at release won't ding the game too hard.

The MMO landscape has matured, with very strong competitors, to the point if it takes you months or years to make your game playable after release, you'll be out of business before you ever get there.
[+]
 Siren.Mascrapone
By Siren.Mascrapone 2010-09-19 15:13:03  
Love:

Visuals are impressive; cut scenes are lively; Game is fairly easy to pick up the basics; early levels are fairly painless; crafting is vastly improved, interactive and skilling them up is not the horrific gill sink of ffxi crafting; quick paced but still strategic. usually..

Like:

Character build freedom (though it needs some tweaking)
Freeform Economy (though bazaars really need an improvment/advertisment system)
Guildleves are quick pick up and good leveling tools (though they feel too easy/too fast. i would like some more involved leves and some of the easy ones should be less rewarding.)

Dislike:

UI still needs allot of work, hoping to see improvements in retail.
DoM(mages) are pretty uninteresting and need some spice
Total lack of pet jobs (hopefully there will be some released later)
Soloist Mentality (not enough people willing to group up for grinding/leves.)
Spending 25 minutes looking through bazaars only to find that no one is actually vending a conjuring weapon.
WS/Spells vs. Spamming light attacks seems unbalanced. Skills need to do better damage and have a higher chance of granting more skill points than light attacks to balance that out imo.
Hate is virtually unmanageable, provoke barely does a thing.

By Zekko 2010-09-19 15:55:33  
Good: Graphics, Character design

Bad: Crafting, UI, Leves, Battle, Mobs, Menus, grinding.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
サーバ: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-19 16:38:15  
Phoenix.Huginn said:
(a lone wolf will slaughter 3 lvl 15 players) .

I exp'd on them duo as PGL 14 and ELM 6 yo.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-19 16:41:34  
Good: Everything (kinda)

Bad: UI, Stability, Crafting, idiots who ruin it (owait... that's in xi too ....)
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-19 16:51:20  
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Phoenix.Huginn said:
(a lone wolf will slaughter 3 lvl 15 players) .

I exp'd on them duo as PGL 14 and ELM 6 yo.
The hell is ELM?
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-19 17:11:47  
ELM is short for Elementaliste, or French for Conjurer.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-09-19 17:15:35  
Flionheart said:
also:

i love the hair color! elezen F looks all grown up , i love it
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-19 17:16:21  
I'd be overjoyed if they come up with a combat/emnity system that makes mobs play like people do. (Prioritize targets, take out healers first, etc.) The sheer stupidity of the emnity algorithm in most MMO's (including XI) really only serves as an immerse-breaking subgame -- we're just used to it from playing it for so long. It would make sense that in a game where classes are flexible and skills/abilities are shared, the mobs would be equally flexible in how they intelligently decide to take down a group.

That being said, so far the AI/emnity system is so seemingly random, I can't figure out if it's by design, like the above, or a standard emnity system that's just borked to hell. Which worries me a bit.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-19 17:17:07  
Elezen is my favorite female race in FFXIV, I think. My fiance hates me for saying that because she thought they looked more like guys than the actual male Elvaan in FFXI, and so she can't play one in FFXIV.
 Sylph.Spiriel
サーバ: Sylph
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-09-19 17:17:10  
Phoenix.Huginn said:
Those wolves there are indeed bunk, but if you're getting chopped up at level (rank?) 15, try harder. Rank 10-11 Lancer @ Physical 15, from 100% HP with Shock Spikes, I will kill the wolf, 1v1. I'm going to be at 100-200 HP when it's done, but he's going down.
Siren.Enternius said:
Elezen is my favorite female race in FFXIV, I think. My fiance hates me for saying that because she thought they looked more like guys than the actual male Elvaan in FFXI, and so she can't play one in FFXIV.
Elvaan in FFXI triggered my uncanny valley. Couldn't play them. The neck is out to get me. Elezen females are sexy as hell though >.>

Like: Graphics, setting your own stats, visible accessories, being able to equip gear not meant for your job rather than being naked (even though you don't get the full stats.)

Dislike: God damn market wards. Damn them all to hell. Burn them to the ground, plow the ashes under, salt the earth, then build a right and proper auction house on the ruins. Oh, and get a tier or two of equipment available from NPCs, so that we don't have all these absolutely INSANE prices going on...
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-19 17:21:11  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
I support FFXIV in every way and hope it does as well as it deserves, now let me explain to you how bad it is. And you will probably still rate me up because I have a red name.
It would be extremely difficult to play with an enmity system that replicated a human's reactions. Maybe you were thinking of a different definition, but when I play RPG games and actually put effort into it, I always go for mages first, and I don't randomly decide to let up because something hits me hard. I know the second I stop attacking the mage, it will just heal itself, so take those down first.

Naturally, I also save heavily-armored melee classes until the end, because they're usually weak but also take a lot of effort to kill. A standard "human" logic for enmity is the exact opposite of what you want an AI logic to do.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-09-19 17:27:00  
arcanist class seems interesting i wonder what it does, undead control like necromancer from diablo2?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-19 17:28:14  
Those insane prices won't be around for long.. It's the same thing as when the new Abyssea gear came out, there were people buying the stuff for 1mil+ (for ONE piece) now you can buy the whole set for well under 100k..

People are charging those prices because they can.. And guess what? People will pay those prices if they want the item bad enough.. If you just wait til more people are able to produce said item, the prices drop significantly and quickly.

Even if NPCs sold equal gear as to what the crafters are producing, until more crafters are making the same gear as those first people, the prices on those pieces of gear won't change.. Besides, NPCs do sell gear, and guess what? It's ridiculously priced as well.. A shield for 50k, I saw a helmet for damn near 200k..

Having said that, I suggest to everyone who plans to play this game, invest a good portion of their time into crafting.. It's the best way to make money so that you can afford the gear you want from other people that you can't make..