Beta Almost Over, Views?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » Beta almost over, views?
Beta almost over, views?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-20 07:37:48  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
I'd be overjoyed if they come up with a combat/emnity system that makes mobs play like people do. (Prioritize targets, take out healers first, etc.) The sheer stupidity of the emnity algorithm in most MMO's (including XI) really only serves as an immerse-breaking subgame -- we're just used to it from playing it for so long. It would make sense that in a game where classes are flexible and skills/abilities are shared, the mobs would be equally flexible in how they intelligently decide to take down a group.

That being said, so far the AI/emnity system is so seemingly random, I can't figure out if it's by design, like the above, or a standard emnity system that's just borked to hell. Which worries me a bit.

A human is obviously going to target Support and healers first, if a game AI did that, the game would be horribly frustrating, and tank classes would have no reason to exist. Could you imagine if Fafnir would only target Bards and White mages until they were dead? It would literally be unkillable. Smart and a great AI, but no fun.
 Siren.Blaire
サーバ: Siren
user: 1000stars
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-20 08:04:57  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
A human is obviously going to target Support and healers first, if a game AI did that, the game would be horribly frustrating, and tank classes would have no reason to exist. Could you imagine if Fafnir would only target Bards and White mages until they were dead? It would literally be unkillable. Smart and a great AI, but no fun.

It'd just require healers and tanks being the same thing, at that point. There would only be healers, buffers, and dps'ers if a game was made like that, because the healer would be the tank themselves.

Guess you could compare it to WoW's paladin since it can be a healer wearing plate armor... Though they still die fast when in a healing spec.
By Izey 2010-09-20 08:18:14  
Siren.Blaire said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

It'd just require healers and tanks being the same thing, at that point. There would only be healers, buffers, and dps'ers if a game was made like that, because the healer would be the tank themselves.

Guess you could compare it to WoW's paladin since it can be a healer wearing plate armor... Though they still die fast when in a healing spec.

If the crazy *** Dragon can't tell the difference it would make sence. If the "Humanoid" mobs could... it would make sence... Personally I had enough problems dealing with PLD ~ NIN in 11 XD!
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-20 08:41:52  
I could accept Humanoid enemies or "Wise" Enemies picking specific targets, but mindless beasts should go after "What hurts more", or, what pisses them off the most, which is the basic enmity system FFXI has in place.

It would make it very interesting, to have to build characters for certain types of enemies. If you're going up against pirates/humanoids, you spec your healers to be brick walls, at the same time, a Humanoid type enemy won't have the skull bashing power that requires a dedicated squishy healer. I don't know, I'd have to think on it more, but if a basic AI was 'Kill healer, loltank?" I can't see it being very enjoyable.
 Siren.Blaire
サーバ: Siren
user: 1000stars
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-20 08:45:19  
Well, the tank thing makes sense in a way. Your agro skills usually have something to do with "taunting" or "provoking" the enemy. Even a smart opponent would get annoyed by some douchenozzle with a shield gettin' all up in his grill sayin' he smells like cheesburgers.

The "tanks" skills are meant to be things that would piss off the target. They're typically named as such. Even a wise enemy would succumb to provocation when it gets extreme.

World War 1 and 2 were BOTH started over a "Your mama" joke. If you don't believe me then look it up.
(Don't really... Just take my word for it.)
 Alexander.Gib
サーバ: Alexander
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2010-09-20 09:26:59  
I could see playing it in like a year or so. it's interesting but honestly needs quite a bit more polish atm
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-20 12:01:12  
Leviathan.Mdkuser said:
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
I suggest to everyone who plans to play this game, invest a good portion of their time into crafting.. It's the best way to make money so that you can afford the gear you want from other people that you can't make..

actually I found the best way to make money in beta was solo grinding for crystal and sell them to crafters ( surprise !). I was making 150k/ day, while selling shards super cheap for only 50g each, that's 50k gil for 999( most people sold then for 100-200 each). Crafting requires tons of investement of time, and as soon as recipes are discovered, prices drop fast, and you have to seek new money makers. Crafting will be same as ff11: not worth the time unless you actually only do that.

Example: I saw the first bronze knuckle for lv 13 PUG after 1 week of open beta, for like 300k or something. It requires level 20 ish in tanning and blacksmith so yeah, requires lots of time to make and the price isn't exagerated. A few days later many people were selling it for only 30k, which is the reward of two level 20 Leves ( that you can complete easilly as a duo/trio of level ~13).

That was gil made through trade skills. The best ways to create money out of thin air is high level leves ( 15 k rewards from level 20s lol) and NPCing high priced droped items ( marmots and wolves's drops for instance).

Actually, things won't be quite the same in XIV as it was for XI concerning crafters.. With the lack of an AH, there is no set prices, because buying gear is more or less timing and opportunity.. You have to buy what you want when you see it, otherwise it might be a while before you see said item again, and you have no idea how much the next person will charge for that item.. Sure items will have a general value that most people will stick to, but it will still vary, and even when 10 crafters are selling said item for 20k, you can still sell the same item for 40k, and it will sell, eventually.

You can still craft what everyone else is already doing and make profit, the only thing you being one of the only ones producing said item does, is let you raise the price and make more profit per unit.. I don't suggest being a crafter just to make money (although it's a really good reason to do it) but also so you can repair your own gear, unless it's a glitch, and has been fixed, once your gear hits 0 durability, you can't put it up to be fixed, and the repair NPCs don't fix all gear, my brass crown reached 0 durability and the NPC wouldn't repair it, nor could I put it up in bazaar for repairs, my only two options at that point where to drop it/NPC it, or fix it myself. Won't be that great of a loss at low levels, but just imagine having to toss out rank 30-40 gear because you let it hit 0.

Also, not that it changes anything you said <.< but you can make Bronze Knuckles at 17 leatherworker/15 Blacksmith (I know because I was one of the ones producing them, and to my knowledge the only one selling them at a reasonable price that the masses could actually afford) It may be true that you can make decent money selling your shards/crystals, but you'll be making tons more by using those shards to craft items to sell, I pulled in 500k in one day by making those knuckles and didn't even use a fraction of the shards you sold to make them.

TL;DR: The economy, especially concerning crafting won't be the same as it was in XI, it may share similarities, but it will still differ noticeably because of the systems in place. There's more then 1 reason to invest in crafts other then pure profit making.
Phoenix.Huginn said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Phoenix.Huginn said:
(a lone wolf will slaughter 3 lvl 15 players) .

I exp'd on them duo as PGL 14 and ELM 6 yo.
thats amazing, because they would con blue to me and then rape the ***out of my party in about 6 rounds. 215 damage per attack is a little high for a blue mob (and no i did not still have starting gear)

and as far as traversing yuhtunga without a chocobo... they didnt put 5 goblins in a cluster at a narrow pass...

There are so many things i like about the game. it is a good game with serious flaws, not a bad game with some good features

They don't need to put 5 goblins in a narrow pass to make it intraversable, they only need to put the two that they did to have that effect, if you're in that area, there's a high probability you're there to EXP, and a VT-IT goblin will rape the ***out of you, nevermind 2 of them. If you've forgotten go back through the area, in nearly every tunnel there are 2 goblins, then at certain intersections there are as many as 3 (narrow intersections at that).

ALSO: I should note it might seem as if I'm blindly defending this game, but I'll be the first to admit there are some serious flaws that need to be fixed, I just have faith that they will be eventually (and eventually not being 6 months +) I just keep seeing people pointing out flaws that aren't quite as flawed as they lead on.. (or comparisons between XI and XIV where they try to say XIV is any different, when in fact, it's really not, like the above.)
By Halfpint 2010-09-20 15:33:31  
Only thing I don't like is the targeting/combat system. Too clunky.

I am hoping the AH is more like a REAL Auction setting than what they have in XI. Why not have a more realistic system where you actually bid against other ppl in real time and the highest bidder gets the item.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-20 15:41:36  
Halfpint said:
Only thing I don't like is the targeting/combat system. Too clunky.

I am hoping the AH is more like a REAL Auction setting than what they have in XI. Why not have a more realistic system where you actually bid against other ppl in real time and the highest bidder gets the item.
WAAAAAY too many ways to do that wrong in an MMO setting.
that and realism in a final fantasy game? pfft.
when i can swim call me lol.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
サーバ: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-20 16:01:34  
One way to avoid AH items being sold to "current price" is to shorten the sell history at "last sold". Another way is to build an AH like a bazar style system : when you click "leather ring" on the AH you see the list of all persons (without names) that currently put it for sale at the AH and the price they offer. This way no AH history => no way to guess if the current prices are high or low and you pay based on your feeling rather that the "current" price. It's like a bazaar with a search function and without having to examine EVERYONE.