フォーラム » FFXI » Unicorn » Come on people
Come on people
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Sylph.Vestal
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: miperich
By Sylph.Vestal 2010-09-20 14:33:11  
This could also be said about the countless losers rocking their amazinggggg af3+1 already. Talking to a galka makes you awesome in ffxi now. Get used to it folks, the game is for pussies who want their hand held. Leveling, gearing, whatever. Its all too easy and has very little sense of accomplishment anymore personally. Ok rant over 99999999999 more leeches to kill to make my relic 1 dmg better /joy.
 Bahamut.Kymira
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kymira
By Bahamut.Kymira 2010-09-20 14:38:34  
Asura.Xenophire said:
LilcrazyUnicorn said:
Abyssea leeching has been making alot of people mad.
Noobs leech there jobs from 30-70 with little skill of that job to show
for. I think SE should Nerf that right away cause for the people that
like to level up the RIGHT WAY its hard when theres nothing ever looking for party cause they all leeched them like a noob. THX Abyssea
For messing up they way people should Level. SE says 30+ can use abyssea well in my book the 30-69 that leech in abyssea is noobs always will be noobs and never will be anything but a noob...
You seem to forget, there are people who actually take the time to learn about the job, or learn from friends who have that job leveled, too. Currently taking my BLM from 40-68 and will continue to level it via Abyssea. I've capped every level and know the ins and outs of the job.

Do me a favor, post on a public account before calling others noobs.
Who cares about what your skills are at post lvl 75 anyway?

Don't hate on people for leeching jobs in abyssea because they are what you call 'gimp'. Leeching a job to 85 in abyssea doesn't make you gimp. Not leveling your skills after you do so is the problem. So don't hate on the leeching process because some people are too HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to cap their skills after they do it.
[+]
 Siren.Chrichri
サーバ: Siren
user: Chrichri
By Siren.Chrichri 2010-09-20 14:41:20  
Too much concern over the affairs of others. Have you tried seeking on anything below 70? L O L

Can't wait til I get my first chest ho party as 35 DNC. Thank jeebus I got my cap before Abyssea though. Skilling is tough enough these days.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-20 14:51:13  
You know what? I've just decided that EVERY party is cheating. You actually let someone heal you? The mob doesn't have a WHM standing behind it, keeping it alive. And while you're beating up on it, someone is nuking and debuffing it and giving you stat boosts. It's crap! Quit cheating!

REAL players level solo, naked, off hordes of mandies, and then they kill Absolute Virtue with an onion knife.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-20 14:56:33  
Haven't read the thread, but surely someone has mentioned that the OP is singing the same song as people who *** about astral burns. If not, I just did. Stfu and get over yourself.
 Asura.Kosmik
サーバ: Asura
user: HydroFoxx
By Asura.Kosmik 2010-09-20 14:58:11  
Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou said:

REAL players level solo, naked, off hordes of mandies, and then they kill Absolute Virtue with an onion knife.
Using an onion knife is cheating...
You have to throw pebbles!
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-20 15:01:10  
Leeching lv 30+ chest *** I dont mind. What I do mind is when you join an alliance as a rep for someone, and once you show up at camp there's 4-5 high lv leeches in the alliance.

Atleast the chest *** contribute. I usually leave the alliances where they got a bunch of leeches, there's no way I'm going to spend my time getting them exp (and the alliance leader gil, in the cases they pay for the leech spot).
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2010-09-20 15:08:36  
phawk23 said:
Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou said:
Dude, I don't know about you, but it took me MONTHS of playing BLM to figure out how to aspir something. If it weren't for old-fashioned grinding and the countless hours that went into it, I don't think I'd know how to nuke a mob, much less use Ele Seal + Sleepga II in a moment of crisis.

DOWN WITH ABYSSEA! UP WITH GRINDING!

LOL
By Yves 2010-09-20 16:08:32  
It's a neat assumption that everyone who leeches is gimp. So what about people who have a capped RNG at 85 and chose to level COR from 30 - 85 in an Abby party? Will they be gimped? Because that same person may also have THF and PLD capped. Interestingly enough, if that same person has capped skills on those three jobs, that may very well indicate that they know the basic mechanics and concepts of the FFXI system (again, capped skills *can* be a good way of telling if someone actually dedicates time to their craft/job).

OR...maybe that same player is simply leveling subjobs from 37 - 49 in order to avoid the grind. Because last time I checked, rocking a basic exp party with level sync from 37-54 is virtally impossible on Ifrit. Well, doing it with solid people via a pickup group is.

Just some food for thought here.

I <3 logic.
 Bismarck.Rellz
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-20 16:14:23  
LilcrazyUnicorn said:
like to level up the RIGHT WAY its hard when theres nothing ever looking for party cause they all leeched them like a noob. THX Abyssea
For messing up they way people should Level. SE says 30+ can use abyssea well in my book the 30-69 that leech in abyssea is noobs always will be noobs and never will be anything but a noob...
Bit late to this but how do you expect people to xp jobs the RIGHT way? there are very few exp parties besides abyssea. just because you abyssea leech a job doesnt mean they dont know how to play the job and are noobs.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-09-20 16:24:03  
LilcrazyUnicorn said:

The OP *almost* has a point, but not quite.
I think he's right that *new* recently started FFXI players are going to have difficulty learning how to properly utilize their job/role, given that Abyssea leech is pretty much the only consistently available non-solo means of EXP'ing level 40-ish+ now.

However, for the vast majority of FFXI players, anyone leech-leveling a job to 85 is likely to be leveling their 4th (or 5th, or 12th) job. Most of those players already understand the basics of job roles. Even if one never played that particular job, s/he will have a decent understanding of what it's supposed to do.

Yes, the horribly underleveled skill (combat/magic/etc.) has to be addressed after the leech-leveling. It's probably more palatable for someone to spend some hours skilling up a 85 job than it is to spend (many) more hours LFG on a level 40 job. Surely, you must understand this, OP?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-20 16:25:54  
I think you're overestimating how well people know their jobs :/
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-09-20 16:28:17  
LilcrazyUnicorn said:

proof people can complain just about anything now.

I don't like your shirt brah
[+]
 Bismarck.Rellz
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-20 16:32:27  
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
LilcrazyUnicorn said:

The OP *almost* has a point, but not quite.
I think he's right that *new* recently started FFXI players are going to have difficulty learning how to properly utilize their job/role, given that Abyssea leech is pretty much the only consistently non-solo means of EXP'ing level 40-ish+ now.

However, for the vast majority of FFXI players, anyone leech-leveling a job to 85 is likely to be leveling their 4th (or 5th, or 12th) job. Most of those players already understand the basics of job roles. Even if one never played that particular job, s/he will have a decent understanding of what it's supposed to do.

Yes, the horribly underleveled skill (combat/magic/etc.) has to be addressed after the leech-leveling. It's probably more palatable for someone to spend some hours skilling up a 85 job than it is to spend (many) more hours LFG on a level 40 job. Surely, you must understand this, OP?
I agree with this. its much easier to just skill after said parties. in fact you can skill any type of magic perfectly fine in abyssea as you level. as for combat stats not as lucky.
New players have always been at a disadvantage in this game. even more now due to magian trials targets (such as lesser colibri) causing lv85s to fight on lv55 xp mobs. there is barely any other way to level tho. only parties i still see a bit of is ERS... but will still need to skillup after these.
[+]
By Yves 2010-09-20 16:34:45  
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
The OP *almost* has a point, but not quite. I think he's right that *new* recently started FFXI players are going to have difficulty learning how to properly utilize their job/role, given that Abyssea leech is pretty much the only consistently non-solo means of EXP'ing level 40-ish+ now.

Great point here: *new* players. The OP has something here. The great thing about these new mechanics is that veteran players are gaining a ton of freedom in regards to quick leveling. This gives the same veteran group new opportunities to now go after HNMs, endgame events with jobs that the shell may have been lacking (even though endgame is dying rapidly), etc..

In defense of the OP, these new mechanics literally KILL the experience for new players who don't have access to a solid shell or good friends. And the odds of getting in with a solid group are kinda slim, tbh. Last I checked, I'm not looking for a brand new player with an under-leveled job to join us for endgame or Abby or HNM hunts - I go with the same reliable group of pals and sometimes we meet a someone who has a similar interest or goal that can aide us. New players generally can't aide us.

The mechanics *do* feel like they paint the new player into a corner. Look at some of the changes that have occured:

* Very few classic EXP parties
= Limitied options to level for new players
+ a very, very, VERY lengthy model to solo to 70+
+ veteran players sticking together at this point
= very little reason to get into this game for new peeps.

Kinda sad, when you really think about it. Thus, we begin to enter the twilight of FFXI. If I looked at the game as it is today and was thinking about starting it would seem virtually impossible.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-20 16:55:10  
LilcrazyUnicorn said:

You shouldn't label as a "noob" every player who levels a job through Abyssea doing keys.

Those people who really are "noobs" after leveling their low level jobs in abyssea, were already "noobs" prior to leveling in abyssea.

Fact is, someone could level a job in abyssea and still be as good, or even better than someone who leveled the job only in "normal" exp PTs. Yes, true story.

[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-09-20 17:02:30  
37 nin i don't even know /telled me like 10 minutes into my linkshell's nm farming run, asking if he can come key chests and just leech. Lulz ensued.

tl;dr ask to leech if you want, just don't expect a serious answer/expect to be trolled.
[+]
By Lilix 2010-09-20 17:05:51  
I don't really think SE is trying to attract new players to FFXI. >.> (See FFXIV)

Retention or reacquisition, not so much nooblets. :3

By Yves 2010-09-20 17:10:31  
Lilix said:
I don't really think SE is trying to attract new players to FFXI. >.> (See FFXIV) Retention or reacquisition, not so much nooblets. :3

I agree. It's kinda sad though, because when they stop trying to attract and move to retention, the Doomsday Clock starts ticking T_T.

No idea how or where I will spend my final FFXI moment when the clock hits 00:00.
 Bismarck.Strange
By Bismarck.Strange 2010-09-20 17:11:58  
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
37 nin i don't even know /telled me like 10 minutes into my linkshell's nm farming run, asking if he can come key chests and just leech. Lulz ensued. tl;dr ask to leech if you want, just don't expect a serious answer/expect to be trolled.
lol
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-20 17:13:57  
37 nin i don't even know /telled me like 10 minutes into my linkshell's nm farming run, asking if he can come key chests and just leech. Lulz ensued.

tl;dr ask to leech if you want, just don't expect a serious answer/expect to be trolled.

And you're worse than any leech.
[+]
 Bismarck.Strange
By Bismarck.Strange 2010-09-20 17:20:48  
imo if u want to leech make the abyssea run. dont /tell ldrs u have keys they dont care, dont shout in WG/jueno for a key *** slot most ppl will blist you. man the *** up make the run or stfu, atleast that way you sort of added to the party.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-09-20 17:22:17  
Oh yeah I'm leeching on my whm85 main healing the alliance np. Haste is overrated too, we can nin37 burn ***, i mean ***, elemental ninjutsu and mijin gakure spam? what about it. If this guy was going to just ask any random person with a yellow name for an invite to come blatantly leech and offer nothing whatsoever so that you don't have to level a job, and then be so oblivious to obvious trolling then I honestly have no mercy for him. Especially when we can have people who are actually contributing open chests. I mean really, get an East Ron party.
By Flionheart 2010-09-20 17:23:55  
Bismarck.Strange said:
imo if u want to leech make the abyssea run. dont /tell ldrs u have keys they dont care, dont shout in WG/jueno for a key *** slot most ppl will blist you. man the *** up make the run or stfu, atleast that way you sort of added to the party.

Why not ask? It's causing no harm. All the leader has to say was "Sorry full" or "No thanks".

But I suppose reputation means very little any more.
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-20 17:26:14  
Oh yeah I'm leeching on my whm85 main healing the alliance np. Haste is overrated too, we can nin37 burn ***, i mean ***, elemental ninjutsu and mijin gakure spam? what about it. If this guy was going to just ask any random person with a yellow name for an invite to come blatantly leech and offer nothing whatsoever so that you don't have to level a job, and then be so oblivious to obvious trolling then I honestly have no mercy for him. Especially when we can have people who are actually contributing open chests. I mean really, get an East Ron party.

Or instead you could... I don't know; not be a ***? And simply reply {No thanks}. I'd much prefer to party with someone who had leached all of their jobs than someone like you who acts like a *** to people asking innocent questions.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-09-20 17:30:09  
I leeched my RDM49 to 85 via Abyssea. I am not noob because I know how to do RDM. Plus my BLM was already 75 before Abyssea comes in, all my magic skills capped. I always make sure I can not use a job that I leeched in Abyssea until I cap every skill before use them in any endgame event.
[+]
 Bismarck.Strange
By Bismarck.Strange 2010-09-20 17:31:54  
Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Strange said:
Why not ask? It's causing no harm. All the leader has to say was "Sorry full" or "No thanks". But I suppose reputation means very little any more.
i hate getting those leech tells when i have the leader dot i tend to ignore those tells. they are annoying when i have real reps coming to the party
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-20 17:33:12  
Bismarck.Strange said:
Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Strange said:
Why not ask? It's causing no harm. All the leader has to say was "Sorry full" or "No thanks". But I suppose reputation means very little any more.
i hate getting those leech tells when i have the leader dot i tend to ignore those tells. they are annoying when i have real reps coming to the party

Ignoring would be better than making someone come and spend all their cruor on keys just to be a ***. I mean I'm a gigantic douchebag but even I have my limits.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-09-20 17:34:08  
Flionheart said:

Or instead you could... I don't know; not be a ***? And simply reply {No thanks}. I'd much prefer to party with someone who had leached all of their jobs than someone like you who acts like a *** to people asking innocent questions.

To be quite frank, I posted this to sympathize with OP, this isn't the first time it's happened, and I'm kind of sick of people thinking "oh well, why bother leveling a job when I can just ask people over and over I don't know for a party and just blatantly agree to anything they say.". I mean really, I didn't make him spend all his cruor, he did that himself, and in my defense, I really was afk thinking that he'd figure I was being sarcastic. I don't find myself accountable for other people's stupidity, If you want to go around and ask people if you want to contribute absolutely nothing, that's on you, if someone says sure of course we need a 37 nin and you come on out, and then you spend all your cruor on keys before so much as one reply of certainty, again, yo bad. And on the matter of who you'd prefer to party with, aren't you quitting ffxi for ffxiv? lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Strange
By Bismarck.Strange 2010-09-20 17:34:10  
agreed but it was funny >.>
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7