Come on people
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-20 18:45:30  
Alexander.Gib said:
Moochers are gonna mooch, no matter what happens they will find a way. If they fix Abyssea to be like only level 70's can enter and they break SMN burning they would STILL find a way to do it.

does how much you enjoy the game depend on how other play the game? It's like getting mad at people that use cheat codes in videogames. Who the hell cares
this guy speaks my language.
By Vittles 2010-09-20 18:45:48  
I care because they are not helping... they are hindering. Wasting my time, and others. Time is the only thing we dont get more of, so if you wish to waste your do so, but not on my time.
By Vittles 2010-09-20 18:47:28  
Understood....
By Vittles 2010-09-20 18:49:11  
Flionheart said:
Vittles said:
Flionheart said:
Vittles said:
These leeches **** me off too, but I wouldnt call the box ho a leech. Someome has to do it and id rather someone more skilled at combat or spell casting be in the fight. Leechers suck *** plain and simple. As for compairing SNM burns, there is no way to compare them. The lv sync is needed or you cant burn. Walking away while others do all the work is unexceptable. All the ppl that defend it must not care that a team member isnt doing their part. Who the **** knows, maybe they are all goverment workers. Put them on my hockey team and ill kick their lazy *** for fun. I am in my 8th year of play... I lved BLM to 80 before Abyssea was opened up... (on wams) IMO they have made this game to easy. Uncapped CoP, level sync, Job lvs to 99 comming. Lets all just go low man AV for **** sake. Ppl who suck need things like this or they cant play with those that can. I have gotten to the point where I ask, 'How many below lv 70 do you have?' Was in a Aby group (shout was for LV 75+) where the leader was box ho and low lv... thats ok. But then I found a player without any gear on. When I asked I was told to mind my own business. WTF? then he lv to 41... ppl complained and were told that the gimp was in his (the leaders LS) and would not be kicked. I lved and left. Added them to blist and will never have to hear from those that stole 16 other ppls time again. So flame me for grammer, spelling or anything other than my opinion on leechers... leechers can suck my *** juice.
Being a Leech in a smn burn and Leeching in Abyssea are the exact same.
Well maybe they changed it from the time it was done most... right after lv sync. Without that lv sync... you cant have the great crash of exp after the (then 75) puller comes in with 40 mobs and joins the lv sync party while all the summoners take the mob down.
I should rephrase: Morally, AFburning is the exact same as Abyssea leeching.
Understood... sry I missed the quote link the 1st time.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Vittles 2010-09-20 19:00:47  
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Alexander.Gib said:
Moochers are gonna mooch, no matter what happens they will find a way. If they fix Abyssea to be like only level 70's can enter and they break SMN burning they would STILL find a way to do it. does how much you enjoy the game depend on how other play the game? It's like getting mad at people that use cheat codes in videogames. Who the hell cares
Well, its not exactly cheating as there isn't any specified or definitive way of leveling, there's only the ritual of the leveling process. So people get pissed when one has it easier to level than another, especially oldfags. The stark difference between SMN burns and Abyssea parties is that, most of the time, the low level "leech" if you want to call it that, actually has an incredibly important contribution to the party in its consistent mechanics of chest rewards and SMN burn is just using it as either sync or for the party leader to make money. Like I said, even when I was a 30 COR, I still did rolls WHILE opening chests.. so I didn't really do any LESS work than any other job, who more often than not, actually AFK more often than the chest *** does. Now in terms of still leeching in a party with no keys, we've all done our fair share from time to time of trying to take advantage of a party's situation and majority of the time, I found a gearless individual just doing it for subjobs that they'll never touch otherwise. More often than not, its the party leader, organizing everything.

Ethics... do you understand? level easier by chumping others. and oldfag? you know its only ok to call ***, *** if you are gay right?
 Bismarck.Rellz
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-20 19:03:44  
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Alexander.Gib said:
Moochers are gonna mooch, no matter what happens they will find a way. If they fix Abyssea to be like only level 70's can enter and they break SMN burning they would STILL find a way to do it.

does how much you enjoy the game depend on how other play the game? It's like getting mad at people that use cheat codes in videogames. Who the hell cares

Well, its not exactly cheating as there isn't any specified or definitive way of leveling, there's only the ritual of the leveling process. So people get pissed when one has it easier to level than another, especially oldfags. The stark difference between SMN burns and Abyssea parties is that, most of the time, the low level "leech" if you want to call it that, actually has an incredibly important contribution to the party in its consistent mechanics of chest rewards and SMN burn is just using it as either sync or for the party leader to make money.

Like I said, even when I was a 30 COR, I still did rolls WHILE opening chests.. so I didn't really do any LESS work than any other job, who more often than not, actually AFK more often than the chest *** does.

Now in terms of still leeching in a party with no keys, we've all done our fair share from time to time of trying to take advantage of a party's situation and majority of the time, I found a gearless individual just doing it for subjobs that they'll never touch otherwise. More often than not, its the party leader, organizing everything.
I actually recently did the exact same thing. cor to 37-77 in 3 parties opening all the chests while keeping up a 3 roll rotation. Evokers for the blm and blu wizards for blm and hunters for blu. so its really far from leeching. same can be said about BRD at that level if you open chests and keep up song rotation
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-09-20 19:07:25  
LilcrazyUnicorn said:
Abyssea leeching has been making alot of people mad.
Noobs leech there jobs from 30-70 with little skill of that job to show
for. I think SE should Nerf that right away cause for the people that
like to level up the RIGHT WAY its hard when theres nothing ever looking for party cause they all leeched them like a noob. THX Abyssea
For messing up they way people should Level. SE says 30+ can use abyssea well in my book the 30-69 that leech in abyssea is noobs always will be noobs and never will be anything but a noob...
I was wondering when the first QQer would come.
[+]
By Vittles 2010-09-20 19:08:16  
Bismarck.Rellz said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Alexander.Gib said:
Moochers are gonna mooch, no matter what happens they will find a way. If they fix Abyssea to be like only level 70's can enter and they break SMN burning they would STILL find a way to do it. does how much you enjoy the game depend on how other play the game? It's like getting mad at people that use cheat codes in videogames. Who the hell cares
Well, its not exactly cheating as there isn't any specified or definitive way of leveling, there's only the ritual of the leveling process. So people get pissed when one has it easier to level than another, especially oldfags. The stark difference between SMN burns and Abyssea parties is that, most of the time, the low level "leech" if you want to call it that, actually has an incredibly important contribution to the party in its consistent mechanics of chest rewards and SMN burn is just using it as either sync or for the party leader to make money. Like I said, even when I was a 30 COR, I still did rolls WHILE opening chests.. so I didn't really do any LESS work than any other job, who more often than not, actually AFK more often than the chest *** does. Now in terms of still leeching in a party with no keys, we've all done our fair share from time to time of trying to take advantage of a party's situation and majority of the time, I found a gearless individual just doing it for subjobs that they'll never touch otherwise. More often than not, its the party leader, organizing everything.
I actually recently did the exact same thing. cor to 37-77 in 3 parties opening all the chests while keeping up a 3 roll rotation. Evokers for the blm and blu wizards for blm and hunters for blu. so its really far from leeching. same can be said about BRD at that level if you open chests and keep up song rotation
I agree Box Ho is NOT a leech. Also, you ppl doing party buff while opening boxes... id love to have that extra help, you are doing more than the box ho in any group I have been in.
By Vittles 2010-09-20 19:10:45  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
LilcrazyUnicorn said:
Abyssea leeching has been making alot of people mad. Noobs leech there jobs from 30-70 with little skill of that job to show for. I think SE should Nerf that right away cause for the people that like to level up the RIGHT WAY its hard when theres nothing ever looking for party cause they all leeched them like a noob. THX Abyssea For messing up they way people should Level. SE says 30+ can use abyssea well in my book the 30-69 that leech in abyssea is noobs always will be noobs and never will be anything but a noob...
I was wondering when the first QQer would come.
I was wondering when a leech would show to clame we were QQing that they are not contributing....
 Phoenix.Elaenia
サーバ: Phoenix
user: izzlet
By Phoenix.Elaenia 2010-09-20 19:21:26  
fred doesn't have any friends so he never gets to leech, but you don't see him making crybaby forum posts about it!!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kymira
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kymira
By Bahamut.Kymira 2010-09-20 20:52:35  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
I think you're overestimating how well people know their jobs :/
This is going to be an issue reguardless of whether people leech their jobs in abyssea or not. Some people just don't have a clue either way.
[+]
By Vittles 2010-09-20 22:08:21  
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Vittles said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Alexander.Gib said:
Ethics... do you understand? level easier by chumping others. and oldfag? you know its only ok to call ***, *** if you are gay right?
Am I wrong? Leveling is leveling, no matter how you do it. You can white knight about your ethics, but they aren't real. There is no honor in a den full of hungry lions. If there is, they are in small packages by individuals, but not by the community itself and you can't expect that. If you don't agree with this, leave those parties or don't join them. Exp is abundant enough. Also, you shouldn't attack neutrality.
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Vittles said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Alexander.Gib said:
Am I wrong? Leveling is leveling, no matter how you do it. You can white knight about your ethics, but they aren't real. There is no honor in a den full of hungry lions. If there is, they are in small packages by individuals, but not by the community itself and you can't expect that. If you don't agree with this, leave those parties or don't join them. Exp is abundant enough. Also, you shouldn't attack neutrality.
I didnt attack neutrality, seems you yourself say there is no honor (i assume you include yourself),leave me out of your lowlife grouping ... maybe the place you come from there is none. Ill keep mine intact. Oldfags? neutral? eh? miscreant come to mind when I hear from ppl like you. Yes you are wrong... maybe one day youll grow up and know leeching is wrong and using terms like oldfags is crap also.
 Cerberus.Nutt
サーバ: Cerberus
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2010-09-20 22:10:55  
I have been to about 4 or 5 Abyssea parties on my main (BLM). I've been to crappy ones where there was NO chest *** and it was one of the most frustrating experiences that I've had in this game. That role is CRUCIAL and without it, it will be a lot of time WASTED!! (since some of you care about your TIME)

Let me tell you about one of the 2 GOOD parties I've had in Abyssea. The chest *** was a level 40ish BRD and he was naked. The leader had a BLM Party with the BRD and a SCH. I almost never had to rest and when I needed MP a simple convert and that was a wrap. I was in the party for 13 hours and I got from 78 - 85. About 100k Cruor, 11 Kindred Crests, 17 merits, some ore to sell, some skill ups. Some people got spells, NM pop items. You get my drift...

Please show some love to the multitasking low-level chest openers out there!
[+]
 Bahamut.Kymira
By Bahamut.Kymira 2010-09-20 22:13:43  
Cerberus.Nutt said:
I have been to about 4 or 5 Abyssea parties on my main (BLM). I've been to crappy ones where there was NO chest *** and it was one of the most frustrating experiences that I've had in this game. That role is CRUCIAL and without it, it will be a lot of time WASTED!! (since some of you care about your TIME)

Let me tell you about one of the 2 GOOD parties I've had in Abyssea. The chest *** was a level 40ish BRD and he was naked. The leader had a BLM Party with the BRD and a SCH. I almost never had to rest and when I needed MP a simple convert and that was a wrap. I was in the party for 13 hours and I got from 78 - 85. About 100k Cruor, 11 Kindred Crests, 17 merits, some ore to sell, some skill ups. Some people got spells, NM pop items. You get my drift...

Please show some love to the multitasking low-level chest openers out there!
Word.
[+]
 Caitsith.Silvaria
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-09-20 22:19:13  
phawk23 said:
Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou said:
Dude, I don't know about you, but it took me MONTHS of playing BLM to figure out how to aspir something. If it weren't for old-fashioned grinding and the countless hours that went into it, I don't think I'd know how to nuke a mob, much less use Ele Seal + Sleepga II in a moment of crisis.

DOWN WITH ABYSSEA! UP WITH GRINDING!

OMG, it must be the beer, but I LMAO'd hard at that Spock picture. 8D
 Cerberus.Blossoming
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Blossoming 2010-09-20 22:37:06  
This can go either way I believe,

More often than not I will see a DD or a mage go afk 4 times within the hour while the key person is opening these chests. What would that make them?

Just because they are not added to your parse or whatever does not mean they are just leeching. If they are actively doing their job as the chest opener then well looks like they are doing more work than that afk sam in the corner for the past 30 mins.

Or is it because the "I leveled my job this way so you should too." thing going on these days?

Really? No one cares.....majority of us had multiple 75's before Abyssea.

I don't have a problem if someones doing it for their subjobs....I'd rather have them have the proper lvl subjob from an abyssea burn than not.
[+]
By Vittles 2010-09-20 23:40:01  
Cerberus.Blossoming said:
This can go either way I believe, More often than not I will see a DD or a mage go afk 4 times within the hour while the key person is opening these chests. What would that make them? Just because they are not added to your parse or whatever does not mean they are just leeching. If they are actively doing their job as the chest opener then well looks like they are doing more work than that afk sam in the corner for the past 30 mins. Or is it because the "I leveled my job this way so you should too." thing going on these days? Really? No one cares.....majority of us had multiple 75's before Abyssea. I don't have a problem if someones doing it for their subjobs....I'd rather have them have the proper lvl subjob from an abyssea burn than not.
I still agree, the box opener is not a leech... in your example that sam that went afk for 30 mins is/was... he was not contributing... the box opener is contributing. <fact> Here is love for the BO... /em loves box opener.
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-09-20 23:53:47  
This is same old tired argument.

Nothing you say will convince the people making this argument that they are wrong.

And they wont convince me or 99% of the game population that smn burn / abyssea burn is wrong.

My view.. if you suck at a job its not because you didn't spend 5 months killing lolibri in a regular pt.... (or soloing 5000 bst pets on blm)

It's a game.. if you aren't enjoying it stop playing.

If the recent update made the game not fun stop playing and let the rest of us continue to have fun ~~~
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-20 23:55:59  
Therefore, we agree that:

Not everyone leveling low level jobs in abyssea will be a "noob."

Chest/key person = not bad.

Afk person = bad.
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-20 23:56:28  
It only bothers me when there's 2+ people leeching. (At least cause before it was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to hold stacks of keys when it was 12 only and more then 1 chest opener was common) Now with 99 stacked key 1 person should be able to manage chests with no issues what so ever. I've been in a group where there was a party of "leechers" all anon around level 30~40 that no one knew about until we arrived at the maw. Clearly left shortly after we entered. I just think if you want to let a party of 6 leech have 18 friends to go with you and not invite randoms to waste stones with you ^^;
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-20 23:58:41  
also a lot of people are forced to leech cause once you get to lv30... no one exps anymore since they can just leech in abyssea... It's impossible to find a pt 30+

Thank god I have friends to exp with low level or i'd never get exp unless I did abyssea and I can't stand the zone when I'm even 75+ and can contribute 100% D: Much rather do a 6man pt even if the exp is a ***ton slower.

Sorry for the double post :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Kymira
By Bahamut.Kymira 2010-09-21 00:01:27  
Bismarck.Rinako said:
It only bothers me when there's 2+ people leeching. (At least cause before it was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to hold stacks of keys when it was 12 only and more then 1 chest opener was common) Now with 99 stacked key 1 person should be able to manage chests with no issues what so ever. I've been in a group where there was a party of "leechers" all anon around level 30~40 that no one knew about until we arrived at the maw. Clearly left shortly after we entered. I just think if you want to let a party of 6 leech have 18 friends to go with you and not invite randoms to waste stones with you ^^;
Depends on the situation really.
Granted, a full party of leechers should never be acceptable.
However - 2 leechers can be. Even with keys stacking at 99, when you've got a blm pt doin their thing in one spot and DD doing theirs in another, it can make it complicated for one leecher to make it back and forth to both parties.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2010-09-21 00:01:38  
Bismarck.Strange said:
Caitsith.Zefiris said:
Well, there's a difference between a key-*** and a leech. ;) I'm sure 3-6 people are leeching in your Abyssea alliance at any given time.
key *** are still leeches cause you can have a blm, rng, cor, or brd be the chest person

100% correct. I just don't want to do it cause i don't want to spend MY cur anymore ^^

the discussion continues....
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-09-21 00:03:29  
only pre 75 people i could realistically see not leeching in a party would be like a rdm whm or sch...

rdm refresh for blm pt or lvl 50ish whm or sch just curing non-tank / non-heavy dd pt. Maybe a brd with ballad 2 + 1 for blm pt also.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-21 00:05:08  
Cor?
 Bahamut.Kymira
By Bahamut.Kymira 2010-09-21 00:06:35  
Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
only pre 75 people i could realistically see not leeching in a party would be like a rdm whm or sch...

rdm refresh for blm pt or lvl 50ish whm or sch just curing non-tank / non-heavy dd pt. Maybe a brd with ballad 2 + 1 for blm pt also.
whm doesnt really work much pre 75. Granted they may have cure V, they have absolutely no means to refresh themselves. Their completely dependant on a brd or a cor and temp items.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-21 00:07:26  
Bahamut.Kymira said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
However - 2 leechers can be. Even with keys stacking at 99, when you've got a blm pt doin their thing in one spot and DD doing theirs in another, it can make it complicated for one leecher to make it back and forth to both parties.

Exactly what I said. It only bothers me when there are more then 2 people leeching.
Edit: It's just that now with 99 Key stacks unless you're really low on cruor one person can carry more then enough keys to support a whole pt.
 Bahamut.Kymira
By Bahamut.Kymira 2010-09-21 00:09:43  
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Bahamut.Kymira said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:

Exactly what I said. It only bothers me when there are more then 2 people leeching.
My selective reading apparently spaced out the "+" next to the 2. My bad.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7