BLM Tries To D2 You Againt Your Will?!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » BLM tries to D2 you againt your will?!
BLM tries to D2 you againt your will?!
First Page 2
 Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-02-07 03:08:37  
We've all heard horror stories, complaints must have been made numerous times to GMs about stuff like this happening. Yet, SE is not doing anything about it? Does anybody understand why they would bother reprogramming the way Raise works, so that you can't cast it on someone on whom it has been cast (all this so a WHM can save some MP and not be pissed that he cast it for nothing), but not something actually IMPORTANT like this!!?

I think it would make a lot of sense to require the person who is getting warped to actually select YES on a "Yes or No" prompt, just like accepting a Tractor or a Raise. I can't understand why a BLM in your party can just decide to send you back to your HP because he feels like it. Sure you could Flee if you're a THF or kick him if you're the leader, but this can happen so quickly and you can get screwed soooo easily on a valuable BCNM drop or something of the sort.

So once more: Why not solve this by making it so that you have to accept the D2?! I can't think of any reasons why this would be any harder to implement than most of the "commodity" stuff they added in the last free update. Why is BLM the only job in the game allowed to screw you up, not even by using some kind of exploit, nooo sir... but by using an actual IN-GAME option...?
 Sylph.Feyen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hiachi
By Sylph.Feyen 2009-02-07 03:21:27  
1) Warp II and Escape are both more meant to be a sort of 'emergency' type of spell.

2) There's plenty of time to type '/pcmd leave' and drop the party before the spell has a chance go take effect. Sure you gotta re-join, but that's not too bad if you saved yourself from an unwanted D2.
 Bahamut.Illyst
サーバ: Bahamut
user: illyst
By Bahamut.Illyst 2009-02-07 03:22:05  
my linkshell has d2'd a pup who was depoppping our mobs before, he accepted blind invite from us so we d2'd him. stupid pup was de-popping our mobs because he was "borrrrrrrrrrrrrred". he disbanded too late, and im pretti sure once the blm starts casting, disbanding wont stop/interupt it
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-02-07 03:22:48  
it does save a lot of people from dipshits in dynamis. just be sure to have a blm in every party.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-02-07 03:32:36  
After reading your reply, I'm going to try answering my own question... o.O

How about the fact people would definitely try to abuse this. For example, party is about to get wiped. BLM stoneskins himself or whatever ... and starts casting D2 on everyone as quickly as he can. Once so many people are "saved" from death they obviously all wait there without accepting, until they can eventual refuse the Warp and stay there.

Just having to think about a way to make the spell work so that people could still get killed when they don't accept... maybe they just don't feel like bothering.

They'd rather see us exploiting each others, and give us the tools to do so, then gives us more ways of exploiting the game to our advantage that's for sure (like PLD 2h and everybody logs out to avoid a wipe, etc).
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-07 03:40:17  
As for BCNM drops, Quartermaster.
 Garuda.Littledarc
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-02-07 03:59:21  
if they do that then they would have to do it for teleports/retrace also. you could then argue about other spells being cast on you. what if you don't want haste ect while in PT and /blockaid cant save you and you are too lazy to cancel it every time?

off all things the developers can add to the game i'd rather them spend more time on things more useful....like increase the blacklist size, or a special quartermaster for dynamis.
 Ramuh.Jadell
サーバ: Ramuh
user: jadell
By Ramuh.Jadell 2009-02-07 07:29:56  
Psyence says:

Does anybody understand why they would bother reprogramming the way Raise works, so that you can't cast it on someone on whom it has been cast (all this so a WHM can save some MP and not be pissed that he cast it for nothing), but not something actually IMPORTANT like this!!?

Jadell says:

I don't see why this would NOT be important. It is a waste of mp to cast raise on someone beit Dynamis, Campaign or just running by and seeing someone dead and stopping to raise them. It is nice to know that during one of those events I don't have to cast a raise because someone else has already taken the time to cast it. It also helps because it has happened where the person is AFK during a Dynamis run or they were out soloing or just went afk to go to work while out soloing and put themselved in an area they thought was safe so they could be gone for 20 min or so and they die during that time. They come back and find that they were dead but someone was nice enuff to cast raise on them.Saves them the trouble of having to homepoint and run back out there.

But it can also save MP for something else. During campaigns when i am out there you do get credit for casting raise on people so mages are going to cast it for the credit. How nice it is to know you can raise someone else instead of the same 10 mages all casting raise on the same person 10 times.

In a pinch situation running low on mp it saves mp to let the mage cast one more cure on the tank or the DD. That sometimes gives them enuff time to put shadows up or get their two hour off. But if you have just used your last mp on something else then you can wipe and lose the drop.

Psyence says:

I think it would make a lot of sense to require the person who is getting warped to actually select YES on a "Yes or No" prompt, just like accepting a Tractor or a Raise. I can't understand why a BLM in your party can just decide to send you back to your HP because he feels like it.
Jadell says:

I have never seen a BLM just randomly Warp II someone unless it was that they were being an *** and ticking everyone off to begin with and the BLM's I know usually let the party leader know that if that person doesn't stop that they are going to D2 that person. So may not be as random as you think. The whole point of that is if you had to accept yes or no then people who are being jerks would just say no and continue with being a jerk and/or lotting for stuff they were not supposed just because they know that the other people are mad at them and want to D2 their butt.

Psyence says:

Why is BLM the only job in the game allowed to screw you up, not even by using some kind of exploit, nooo sir... but by using an actual IN-GAME option...?
Jadell says:

I have seen a lot of people who as one poster stated about the PUP who was bored and just popping mobs to relieve his boredom. There are more people who act like that, who ninja lot for gear during Nyzul Isle or Dynamis and when they get the drop they disband and warp out. They screw more people out of drops than BLM's randomly D2'ing a person.

So let the mages do their job, make it easier for them to keep their party alive, buffed, refreshed and transported. If letting them avoid recasting what has already been cast Hurray! Don't be a jerk in a party making them want to D2 you and be a team player and you will never have to worry about getting D2'd against your will.

**a side note my linkshell when we finish a limbus or dynamis run the BLM's have a running joke that if you don't specify a D2 or retrace they retrace them. Of course they follow behind with a BLM from that nation to warp II you. So most people are real quick to ask for what they want.
 Midgardsormr.Darkfire
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Darkfire
By Midgardsormr.Darkfire 2009-02-07 07:52:46  
A. It IS useful for stupid people on occasion, like dynamis, etc...

but...

B. It IS horrible in the hands of stupid people...

Im 1/2 on R.pumps bc of D2. Purely by accident, but still... 1/2 whoo!
Also, they fixed the Raise thing, so... thats cool. Oh, last random thought i promise, rdm/whm chainspell+tele could be just as troublesome.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-02-07 08:14:39  
I've seen people D2 others against their will, but in the long run I've seen a lot more BLMs use it to save someone than to harm someone. I'll often see BLMs D2ing party members that had to leave immediately or go AFK due to an emergency, and I'll see a BLM warping all his party members out of a bad situation when people don't have the guts to admit its going bad and leave, often sacrificing their own exp to save others. They're like angels 0;)
 Bahamut.Silvarion
user: Pilsi
By Bahamut.Silvarion 2009-02-07 08:21:59  
well, only BLM in ur party can D2 u, so most of the time itll be fun
j/k from them. u cant call a GM cuz /cry /cry a blm warped me against my
will. most of the time thats only stupid friends which do that ***^^
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-02-07 09:48:24  
Illyst said:
my linkshell has d2'd a pup who was depoppping our mobs before, he accepted blind invite from us so we d2'd him. stupid pup was de-popping our mobs because he was "borrrrrrrrrrrrrred". he disbanded too late, and im pretti sure once the blm starts casting, disbanding wont stop/interupt it

It will interrupt even if the BLM start casting. Well I know that cause I'm BLM, sometime I'm disbanding too quickly when D2'ing people (so I can move on to the next party / alliance), and it cancels the current Warp II I was casting.

Off course, as usual, you have to take in consideration the latency between you and SE servers. (~100ms to ~400ms depending on where you are and connection you have).
 Hades.Allegro
サーバ: Hades
user: Allegro
By Hades.Allegro 2009-02-07 11:23:49  
Feyen said:

2) There's plenty of time to type '/pcmd leave' and drop the party before the spell has a chance go take effect.

lol plenty of time
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-02-07 11:54:54
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

My Blm friend Warp II's me all the time for fun xD
I find it more humorous. haven't ran into any situation where it would make me angry.
 Remora.Devek
サーバ: Remora
user: devek
By Remora.Devek 2009-02-07 12:03:44  
DON'T PT WITH PEOPLE WHO WOULD D2 YOU AGAINST YOUR WILL DUMBASS

(I don't mind when it happens to me, as long as it is hilarious. It is also funny when someone asks for a d2 and gets a retrace instead.)
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-07 12:06:07  
Darkfire said:
rdm/whm chainspell+tele could be just as troublesome.

Wouldn't work anymore. Chainspell now wears off upon zoning.

Devek said:
DON'T PT WITH PEOPLE WHO WOULD D2 YOU AGAINST YOUR WILL DUMBASS

Do you have a description or wanted poster of who these people look like? What a ridiculous thing to post, that could be anyone BLM40+.

Feyen said:
2) There's plenty of time to type '/pcmd leave' and drop the party before the spell has a chance go take effect.

You can quite possibly /pcmd leave before the spell takes effect, but you'd have to be a fast typer to respond to it if you didn't see it coming. I'm 100% sure I could type /pcmd leave before a Warp 2 cast if I knew it was about to be cast, because my speed is 100+ words a minute. Most people don't type this fast, and if they don't see it coming, there's just no chance they'll leave party in time.

I agree with Littledarc though, there are other areas needing attention more than acceptance of D2.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Luuujeje
サーバ: Seraph
user: luuujeje
By Seraph.Luuujeje 2009-02-07 12:20:18  
How about you go party with your friend, then he falls asleep in the midst of fierce mobs. Will you expect him to accept D2 while he is sleeping? Or you will let him standing there and be munched by the hungry mob. Or maybe like wise. You choose.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-02-07 12:22:39  
I think it's not a bad idea. I mean, not everyone can type /pcmd leave in a split second, or get to 'disband' in the menu fast enough. You could be typing something to someone, fighting, ran afk really fast after you lotted, just looked away from the screen for 2 seconds, or just didn't notice something being casted on you soon enough. There's not a lot of cases where that happens and people get screwed on drops, but it sucks when it does. When you're doing endgame it's not always your choice whether or not you're in a pt with a BLM. I know that D2'ing someone in an emergency can save them, but EXP really isn't hard to get back. I would rather lose 2400 XP cause I'm afk and didn't click 'Yes' to a warp instead of losing something like a Ridill or Defending Ring cause someone warps me. It's not even on purpose sometimes, I remember a BLM D2'ing the wrong person after a God in sky and they lost their lots to random people. The BLM felt like crap and the guy that got warped was pretty pissed. It wouldn't be hard to click 'Yes' when you get warp casted on you. They could make like raise, when it's casted on you the effect stays on you and the BLM could move on/leave party and then whenever you click 'Yes', the spell finishes and you'd be warped.

What if Tractor and Raise didn't have a Yes or No prompt and the spell's effect just happened when it was casted? lol.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-07 12:29:07  
Luuujeje said:
How about you go party with your friend, then he falls asleep in the midst of fierce mobs. Will you expect him to accept D2 while he is sleeping? Or you will let him standing there and be munched by the hungry mob. Or maybe like wise. You choose.

Friend or no, I'd be angry at them for falling asleep in our party anyway. I can't think of anything more rude and irritating than somebody falling asleep in a party.
 Remora.Devek
By Remora.Devek 2009-02-07 12:29:34  
Bojack said:
I remember a BLM D2'ing the wrong person after a God in sky and they lost their lots to random people.

You should have a policy to make sure that everyone lots or passes before people start warping or leaving.

No one leaves until everyone has passed. People that can't handle something as simple as passing an item quickly should be kicked from the shell.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-02-07 12:32:37  
Well, it wasn't my shell. I'm just saying that it happened. I wouldn't boot someone out of a shell for a single mistake, that's kind of harsh. Accident's happen. My point was, if he had the choice to accept or decline the warp, it wouldn't have happened.
 Remora.Devek
By Remora.Devek 2009-02-07 12:44:28  
Except that being able to accept or decline a warp is something that is never going to be implemented.

There are a lot better ways item could be distributed that wouldn't change gameplay. Some guy was suggesting an advanced quartermaster awhile back, where the alliance leader could pick and chose who got each item in the pool or make it free lot.
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-07 12:52:38
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I didn't take time to read through everyone's responses and opinions but I tend to want to agree with having an agreement for accepting a d2/tele/retrace/escape. Sure there's enough time to disband, leave pt, or run out of range for some random douche that would commit this trickery on you, but why should you have to resort to such actions on someone who was let into your party in the first place?

The range of people who have the ability to do this is vast, so any jerk off has the power to pull an act of mischief just to piss you or other people off who happened to find them trustworthy enough to let them into their party.

I understand escape/tele/d2 has it's place as an emergency GTFO before we wipe kind of purpose, however, I dont see why pushing one button to say yes or no would slow down anything, and this would simply leave anyone who was afk and shouldn't have been left to die.

This could also prove handy to teleporters who are providing taxi service who don't want to have to cast that extra warp to get back to business or having to zone into their MH then back out.

Unfortunately the only major downside I can see to this is in dynamis, when anyone has free lotting rights in or out of the party or goes afk during a really bad time when time is short and there's relic/coins in the pool. However a strictly enforced hourglass @ bazaar rule can end this. Anyone who wouldn't adhere to that obviously has some malicious intent and doesn't deserve to be in your dynamis shell anymore.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-02-07 13:00:06  
Well yea, but 99% of the ideas on these forums will never be implemented. It's just something to chat about.

Even with that quartermaster idea, the Alliance leader could effectively 'screw over' the person who was supposed to be next in line by giving Qmaster to someone else.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-07 18:59:18  
Dunno if its true or not, but I've heard ppl got their Warp II taken away for a certain amount of time coz they've recieved too many coplaints that they've d2 ppl that didnt wanna be d2.
 Siren.Bungie
サーバ: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-02-07 19:20:42  
sounds like someone got pwnt
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-07 20:09:14  
Zanno said:
Dunno if its true or not, but I've heard ppl got their Warp II taken away for a certain amount of time coz they've recieved too many coplaints that they've d2 ppl that didnt wanna be d2.

Where did you hear that? From Kev down the road who heard from his mate Charlie who heard from his Nephew George who heard it from the Cat next door called Tibbles who heard it from the Cat from Number Sixty Four called Mittens who overheard Mr and Mrs Marmite talking about it over dinner with Mr. Baker who heard it himself from his mate on Bahamut Server called Xxpwndynamite?

(PS. I would like to know if this is true, so if you have a screenshot or something, that'd be ace!)
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-07 20:14:03  
Wooooodum said:
Zanno said:
Where did you hear that? From Kev down the road who heard from his mate Charlie who heard from his Nephew George who heard it from the Cat next door called Tibbles who heard it from the Cat from Number Sixty Four called Mittens who overheard Mr and Mrs Marmite talking about it over dinner with Mr. Baker who heard it himself from his mate on Bahamut Server called Xxpwndynamite? (PS. I would like to know if this is true, so if you have a screenshot or something, that'd be ace!)

your respons to everything is sarcasm.

No, someone told me he lost his ability to D2 ppl because he had missused it, HE claimed someone called GM, and the GM took it away. I'm not claiming anything.

And ofcourse i take screenshots everytime someone says something that sounds unbeblievable. only so i can show them to you later on. Beacause really, how could I live with myself if I wasn't able to prove everything I hear to you?
 Lakshmi.Septroth
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Septroth 2009-02-07 20:16:42  
only problem with adding somthing like that is in dynamis if someone goes afk and a relic drops ypur now royally screwed if theres under 5 mins left in zone and he dident put HG in bazaar

and ive also used it in ptys when lvling blm if someone gets real obnacious D2 and problem is solved.
First Page 2