フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Tachi Fudo
Tachi Fudo
First Page 2 3 4 ... 14 15 16
 Ragnarok.Gunit
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-01-11 21:24:50  
Just Killed Nm for Atma of the Griffon's Claw quest is it worth using?
with VV/SB?
 Ragnarok.Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-01-12 14:23:41  
Also Once I get Twilight Mail, Ill use that for Fudo When Zerg is up.
 Lakshmi.Bladewing
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: bladewing
By Lakshmi.Bladewing 2011-01-12 15:31:18  
How would you improve this setup?

I currently dont have Rose strap so that is work in progress as well as +2 feet. Better ring would be strogi but dont have it atm. Same w/ H.haidate from vnm cerb...

Biggest ? areas are back and waist I think, Unkai vs Ath.Mantle and A.Belt vs Warworf/Beir. Twilight better than other bodies?

Also, what atmas do you use if dont have Rose strap(idk if matter in abyssea) --- VV/Apoc/SA, VV/Apoc/SB, VV/Apoc/RR, A&O?
 Ramuh.Ragni
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Ragni
By Ramuh.Ragni 2011-01-12 15:50:09  
Snow Belt?
 Lakshmi.Panday
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Pandizzle
By Lakshmi.Panday 2011-01-12 15:51:41  
Ramuh.Ragni said:
Snow Belt?

Good point, ya once I get that it is easy upgrade.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-01-12 21:51:19  
Lakshmi.Bladewing said:
How would you improve this setup?

I currently dont have Rose strap so that is work in progress as well as +2 feet. Better ring would be strogi but dont have it atm. Same w/ H.haidate from vnm cerb...

Biggest ? areas are back and waist I think, Unkai vs Ath.Mantle and A.Belt vs Warworf/Beir. Twilight better than other bodies?

Also, what atmas do you use if dont have Rose strap(idk if matter in abyssea) --- VV/Apoc/SA, VV/Apoc/SB, VV/Apoc/RR, A&O?

Byrnie+1 when Attack is not capped. IE not using Zerk
 Sylph.Darkside
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2011-01-14 11:17:52  
If attack is better to stack why heafoc over bandomusha kote?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-14 11:23:20  
It's about the number of attack you can get compared to the amount of str in the same slot. Need a lot more attack than str. For example, twilight body and byrnie+1 is 10 str vs 25 attack, where as heafoc vs bkote are 13 vs 22
 Sylph.Darkside
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2011-01-14 14:20:05  
If that is the case there should be a pretty much clear cut winner for the best fudo set right? Anyone care to post it?
 Bahamut.Satanas
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2011-01-14 14:37:55  

This is what I'm aiming for, I'm sure people with 5-hit gear sets are different though. 63str 100att some double attack in there 10% I think.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-14 15:27:23  
Sylph.Darkside said:
If that is the case there should be a pretty much clear cut winner for the best fudo set right? Anyone care to post it?
Not really, still will be situational. Attack does cap. So depends on mob's defense. Some mobs or a lot of them depending on how you're buffed, attack gear will do nothing for you at all.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kiyashi
user: Kiyashi
By Ragnarok.Kiyashi 2011-01-15 12:54:38  
So Atheling mantle over Unkai sugemino for WS? I did a swap and the difference is only 3 more attack and DA+3% vs. the STR for a mod on ws. Is the 3 attack more and DA+3% better then +5 STR for it?
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-15 12:57:27  
Mobs like Hedjedjet and the like have insane amounts of defense, ATK would help a lot.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-01-18 23:21:33  
Just picked up Heafoc mitts and ace;s mufflers right before that lol
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2011-01-21 06:41:34  
Ragnarok.Kiyashi said:
So Atheling mantle over Unkai sugemino for WS? I did a swap and the difference is only 3 more attack and DA+3% vs. the STR for a mod on ws. Is the 3 attack more and DA+3% better then +5 STR for it?
Hard to narrow it down. Uncapped attack, atheling will win depending on how high your str cruor buffs are, the lower the better Unkai will be. When attack is capped, go with unkai or better yet go with the Fortis mantle.

Overall the difference is too small to notice it even on a parser. The overall difference is less than 1%.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-01-21 07:46:14  
Bahamut.Satanas said:

This is what I'm aiming for, I'm sure people with 5-hit gear sets are different though. 63str 100att some double attack in there 10% I think.

There is a way to 5 hit Hira +2 while still using all this gear, including pole grip, it just takes quiet a bit of time to obtain it, as with anything in Abyssea that holds true for

Unkai Head +2, Unkai Neck, Brutal
Unkai Body +2, Raja, Hoard
Tactical Mantle, Unkai Legs +2, Ace's Sabots

gives you 21.1 TP return, lets you swap you unkai legs +2 for Hachiryu giving you 16.2 TP return, 4x 21.1 = 84.4 + 16.2 - 100.6.

happy hunting.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-21 08:34:01  
Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:
Bahamut.Satanas said:
There is a way to 5 hit Hira +2 while still using all this gear, including pole grip, it just takes quiet a bit of time to obtain it, as with anything in Abyssea that holds true for Unkai Head +2, Unkai Neck, Brutal Unkai Body +2, Raja, Hoard Tactical Mantle, Unkai Legs +2, Ace's Sabots gives you 21.1 TP return, lets you swap you unkai legs +2 for Hachiryu giving you 16.2 TP return, 4x 21.1 = 84.4 + 16.2 - 100.6. happy hunting.

I'm not sure I'm reading this correctly. I know when you get excited, Inga, you type fast.... but are you saying you can still 5 hit in all this gear if you just change all your gear?
 Phoenix.Gerrott
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2011-01-21 08:43:23  
Pretty sure he means you can WS in that gear(No rose or other store tp specific pieces) and still make a 5hit by using the pieces he listed in your TP phase.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-21 08:45:34  
Ok, sorry. I'm not a samurai but I like to keep up on them to have relatively well informed discussions with my roomate.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darknano
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Darknano 2011-01-25 11:53:32  

Basically that's what I use for Fudo, pretty sweet Damage
Going to Try Anguinus belt to see the Difference.
Vampire is a Headache So ya.. Just grab T Helm Havent Test it yet but i know for a fact I gain my 20 acc back as an Elvaan its Awsome.
[+]
 Shiva.Gylfie
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-01-26 14:32:52  
What atmas are best for fudo damage? I don't get to SAM nearly enough in abyssea, but I just finished my 85 masa last night and haven't had a chance to test any atmas.

VV/Apoc/SB?
 Bahamut.Satanas
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2011-01-26 14:39:15  
depends what you are doing, whether it be exp party, or if for NM's are you meleeing it, or just medidate and run in and ws. ***'s situational, especially if trying proc ***on NM's.
 Caitsith.Ayrea
VIP
サーバ: Caitsith
user: aureus
By Caitsith.Ayrea 2011-01-26 14:42:20  
VV/SA/Apoc tends to be the best general setup.
[+]
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-01-26 14:42:32  
We proc things as fast as we can, but when we proc we all just turn so theres no damage but those who are procing. So as soon as we proc whatever we're trying to get we pretty much enter zerg mode just to kill it, I also think I sadly will end up spending most of my time /nin, if that makes a difference.

I won't be exping on SAM again until the next level cap so thats out of the scenario entirely.
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-01-26 14:46:07  

Thats my current fudo setup, any improvements?

I realize I need Rose Strap, but thats just not going to happen, I hate campaign, always have and always will lol
 Caitsith.Ayrea
VIP
By Caitsith.Ayrea 2011-01-26 14:48:49  
Shiva.Gylfie said:

I realize I need Rose Strap, but thats just not going to happen, I hate campaign, always have and always will lol
Kemas->Aesir or WoTG ear
Belt -> Anguinus (probably)
Back -> Unkai (maybe)
Body -> Twilight (maybe)

WoTG ear should be a flat out upgrade, others may be situational depending on what you're fighting and/or your atma setup. Plug your gear into kinematics' spreadsheet and play around with it some.
[+]
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-01-26 14:52:03  
Caitsith.Ayrea said:
Shiva.Gylfie said:

Kemas->Aesir or WoTG ear
Belt -> Anguinus (probably)
Back -> Unkai (maybe)
Body -> Twilight (maybe)

Ear should be a flat out upgrade, others may be situational depending on what you're fighting and/or your atma setup. Plug your gear into kinematics' spreadsheet and play around with it some.
Could you link me to that spreadsheet? I've never heard of it before, also I do actually have a set that swaps out for Twilight body, but I'm not too sure about swapping out for unkai, and I definitely do not have Anguinus. I thought belt > the world, just like gorgets?
 Caitsith.Ayrea
VIP
By Caitsith.Ayrea 2011-01-26 14:53:25  
http://bellsouthpwp2.net/k/i/kinematicf/FFXI/DPSSpreadsheets/

Belt is .1 fTP. Whether or not that beats 15 atk and 2 DA depends on the rest of your gear and your target. For my fudo setup, it was a slight upgrade over snow belt.
 Carbuncle.Ennayram
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Ennayram
By Carbuncle.Ennayram 2011-01-26 22:36:16  
Can anyone advise me (as a nearly 85 Masamune owner) as to why SAMs arent making use of the combo of VV/Smiting Blow/Sundering Slash. Thoughts behind this being, SAMs power is derived from our WSs not our dot so why RR. VV and Slash giving us 5tp a tic (equal to a full swing by the time you get to 100tp? must be close), VVs DA and STR added to the TP bonus of Smiting to jack Fudos numbers up?

Advice on gear appreciated too. Im sure this is a 6 hit (havent yet tried) but should I be gunning for a 5 hit with a 437 weapon?
TP: http://www.ffxiah.com/members/item-sets?id=30727
WS: http://www.ffxiah.com/members/item-sets?id=30731
Keeping my eye out for byrnie +1 though maybe Twilight mail? Also working on Atheling mantle and Twilight helm?

Thanks in advance for the advice
First Page 2 3 4 ... 14 15 16