フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » SE will buy Eidos! :O
SE will buy Eidos! :O
First Page 2
 Odin.Genja
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Genja
By Odin.Genja 2009-02-12 07:42:45  
SE is about to buy Eidos. only relation those two ever had was long long time ago as Eidos published FFVII and FFVIII in europe...

what games will be made in the future now?!

Lara Croft meets Final Fantasy?!

New Job in FFXI?! "Tomb Raider"???!!!!

{Fear} or {Fun}? O_O;
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-02-12 07:44:50  
Shes gonna be the new summon in FF13.

Just watch!
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-02-12 07:55:54  
Jiko said:

Just watch!

LMAO Jiko! but guess, in FFXII was one called Zeromus which is the last boss of FFIV... so why not... "Lara Croft the angel of Darkness"

SE is doing so bad, when we will be able to summon Sephiroth? they have a huge lack of imagination already so i guess they need to fill somes more ?
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-02-12 08:08:14  
And in Super Mario RPG :3

..but that was kinda a plug for FFIV. Kinda.
 Cerberus.Saiya
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-02-12 08:19:10  
Maybe there was some aspect of FFVII/VIII that SE didn't techncially have access/rights to, and as FFXI develops they want to use this particular content to some extent? Either way, adding anything from FFVII or VIII can only be a good thing I reckon ^_^b
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-02-12 08:26:20  
No, just no.

<Braces for the mass roars of angry fanboys/girls..>

FF7 has been drawn out long enough. There were better FFs out there, and I swear to god if I see Cloud appear in one more game, Im going to {Rampage}...
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-02-12 08:29:04  
Saiya said:
Either way, adding anything from FFVII or VIII can only be a good thing I reckon ^_^b

Well, i think adding things such as character looks (from all FFs) would have pleased ppl, when you see so much sephiroth(s) or above character names it can only mean one thing right ? lol.

For the rest idk, i don't feel good the idea to add goods such as a sword called "Gunblade" personaly, there is so much good sword already hard to get "Aka Hauteclaire or ridill" so add a gunblade or a Masamune/Murasame or Ultima sword droped by weird & long time pop NM/HNMs or rewarded from long & hard quest "hmmm." lol.

But for the character looks i'm sure a lot of persons would have loved to make a SMN char with Seymour look (FFXI), or a NIN with Shadow look (FFVI).
 Odin.Genja
サーバ: Odin
user: Genja
By Odin.Genja 2009-02-12 08:33:29  
ZOMFG!!!!

i have thougt and thought and thought about this
and now...
i know what is happenign!!! it´s a big bad conspiracy!!!

SE is developing now for long time "Last Remnant" - it´s the SE-Version of "Dynasty Warrios" (God i hate that game) -

And FF13 is coming later and later...

and now this with eidos!

SE will take all the programmers from ff13 transfer to last remnant and eidos gets the task to complete ff13!!!

Ó___Ò
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-02-12 08:50:29  
Jiko said:
No, just no. <Braces for the mass roars of angry fanboys/girls..>FF7 has been drawn out long enough. There were better FFs out there, and I swear to god if I see Cloud appear in one more game, Im going to {Rampage}...
You're taking me too literally ,_, Give me some credit. I'd be just as annoyed as you to see Cloud in FFXI. And 'there were better FFs out there'... I won't deny FFVII probably got a lot of glory-hype, but you can't state your opinion as fact. I personally think that 7 was best out of all that I played pre-11. But you'd be narrow-minded to assume this makes me a fanboy just supporting it for the sake of it.

I wasn't talking about such overt things as introducing Gunblades, or other signature weapons from those 2 games. And btw there is a Murasame in FFXI already =p.

Perhaps there was some obscure monster that they wanted the rights to use, or an NPC that wouldn't be so obviously from either of those games. Though I didn't see much outcry when they included Cait Sith as an NPC... was he in any games other than 7 and 11? I forget.

It could have been anything that they wanted to take/use from FFVII/VIII, if indeed that's their aim, though such an acquisition doesn't really wash if it's solely for something so insignificant. There were a lot of good aspects to those 2 games, so I made a generalised comment that odds-on it'd be a plus to FFXI if they did.
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-02-12 09:01:48  
Saiya said:
And btw there is a Murasame in FFXI already =p.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=16961

plz no joke XD , this weapon is called Murasame but thats just its name... no more.. there is no OMFGkiller effect on that thing...

I was talking about a real Murasame..
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-12 09:02:02  
I was going to make a sarcastic comment about needing more Final Fantasy VII spin-offs, but Jiko beat me to that point! :(

Other than that, this news makes me indifferent, so (UNBELIEVABLY) for once I have no opinion.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-02-12 09:12:49  
Eidos is a company with almost no good game ever made... Like the first Tomb Raider was really nice, it sucked in so many ways, but managed to be a good game that lots of people enjoyed. And then.......... nothing good that I can remember... I have to admit that I haven't really followed new releases in the past couple years but... o_O Why is SE interested in acquiring them? To boost their ego? Well at least it's no some stupid merge like they once did with EA.

Square should never even have merged with Enix. They should not have screwed up with the Seiken Densetsu (Secret of Mana) series. They should not have *** up with FF13 like they did (working on it for two years than being forced to scrap half the material to make the game fit the inferior 360 hardware and delay the game by two more years, they should have made the game multi-platform from the very beggining, or not make it multi-platform, PERIOD). They are making so many mistakes it's almost getting scary. Even FF11, when you look at the new Campaign Battle... How lazy they got with the way we have to hit some little ***target called "Fortification" in order to get exp. Someone clearly lacked imagination when they decided to make this the main feature of a new expansion pack.

Yes I know, I'm complaining a lot. And perhaps FF was never that much of a great series. Maybe if was just the soundtrack that made the first ones so enjoyable. But ... I can swear... there was SOMETHING in those games, something very special that felt sweet when playing them as a teenager, something that started disappearing at some point and that I can barely feel when I play FF12. FF12 is beautiful and everything, but it feels empty when I think about it after. Now this company is scaring the hell out of its fans.
 Ramuh.Jackel
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Jackel
By Ramuh.Jackel 2009-02-12 09:13:14  
Cecilharvey said:
Jiko said:

Just watch!

LMAO Jiko! but guess, in FFXII was one called Zeromus which is the last boss of FFIV... so why not... "Lara Croft the angel of Darkness"

SE is doing so bad, when we will be able to summon Sephiroth? they have a huge lack of imagination already so i guess they need to fill somes more ?

Do you even think before you speak?

Final Fantasy is the 4th best selling series of all time with over 85 million copies sold. Lack of imagination? You just asked when we'd be able to summon Sephiroth...

Psyence said:
Eidos is a company with almost no good game ever made... Like the first Tomb Raider was really nice, it sucked in so many ways, but managed to be a good game that lots of people enjoyed. And then.......... nothing good that I can remember... I have to admit that I don't really followed new releases in the past couple years but... o_O Why is SE interested in acquiring them? To boost their ego? Well at least it's no some stupid merge like they once did with EA.

Square should never even have merged with Enix. They should not have screwed up with the Seiken Densetsi series. They should not have *** up with FF13 like they did (working on it for two years than being forced to scrap half the material to make the game fit the inferior 360 hardware and delay the game by two more years, they should have made the game multi-platform from the very beggining, or not make it multi-platform, PERIOD). They are making so many mistakes it's almost getting scary. Even FF11, when you look at the new Campaign Battle... How lazy they got with the way we have to hit some little ***target called "Fortification" in order to get exp. Someone clearly lacked imagination when they decided to make this the main feature of a new expansion pack.

Yes I know, I'm complaining a lot. And perhaps FF was never that much of a great series. Maybe if was just the soundtrack that made the first ones so enjoyable. But there was something in those games, something that disappeared at some point. Now this company is scaring the hell out of its fans.

This whole post was dumb.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-02-12 09:14:07  
Jackel said:
Cecilharvey said:
Jiko said:

Just watch!

Final Fantasy is the 4th best selling series of all time with over 85 million copies sold. Lack of imagination? You just asked when we'd be able to summon Sephiroth...

He was using sarcasm.

And to Saiya, Please dont take offense. My post was a general statement, not directed to you. My apologies.
 Lakshmi.Hikikomori
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Hikikomori 2009-02-12 09:18:30  
God, SE's been trying to buy EVERYONE. They made too much money off us, and have been asking to buy anyone who walks by with a Purdy face.

Only buyover I initially agreed on, was the Koei offer. I think the two would have gotten along greatly, and helped eachother in their respective fields. But Eidos.. That's just going into the deep end, Square. I KNOW they're doing this to Expand their market off just the jRPG kids but.. I don't think this will go over too well. "We're just too different."
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-12 09:20:15  
Wow... Wooooodum without an opinion! *Looks around for the riders of the apocalypse.* Well, that's odd... No riders..

Doesn't really matter to me if SE acquires Eidos tbh.
If anything, I think it would be a good thing and help them produce more games, as well as a wider range of games.
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-02-12 09:21:13  
Jackel said:

oh wow! You know you just teached me the THING of my day ! Thx dude i will go to bed with a bit of knowing more about my favorites games tonight ! i return you the question, do you ever think before you speak ?

ohh & the morning don't let someone pee in your Cereals, i heard it make ppl grumpy.

Jiko said:
He was using sarcasm.

a real Thx to you Jiko ^^

/sarcasm OFF
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-02-12 09:21:56  
I cant even think of any other 'good' games from Eidos besides TR now that I think of it..

And anytime Cecil. :p
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-12 09:24:01  
A Tomb Raider RPG SE style hmmmmmm lol would be interesting, I definitely can see her with a GK or dressed up like a Cor :P lol

I heard Last Remnant wasn't great so I assume they do need better ideas and help.

They could make more movies :P
 Ragnarok.Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-02-12 09:26:30  
Jackel said:

Of course it was. Because you don't agree with any of it. So it's dumb. Congratulations! You win an ipod.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-02-12 09:28:06  
...*steals the iPod and awaits for lulz*
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-02-12 09:32:17  
Jackel said:

me i give you this award

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQafJQTEHDA

/backontopic
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-02-12 09:35:08  
New movies sounds good, but unfortunately to a 'fanboy' (=p) like myself, taking so many aspects of certain games in the FF series and 'not doing a proper job' of it doesn't really fire my imagination *cough* Spirits Within *cough*.

Well, i guess it was an alright film in it's own right. They spent £$thousands on her hair O_o.

@Jiko: No worries, i'm afraid i'm quite quick to take implied offence, none taken to heart ^_^b

Edit*

Oh, and about last Remnant; I havn’t played it, and have only watched it briefly. But I do remember someone in FFXI complaining about ‘how it’s takes to long to buff everyone each fight because buffs don’t stay on, being very long-winded & graphical this is time-consuming’. But if i’m not mistaken in traditional RPGs you’d generally just get on with the random battles, and barring Haste/Attack+ buffs save your buffs for bosses & harder fights. Maybe Def down etc debuffs for enemies too.

My point is, maybe the newer generations of gamers like this player I speak of havn’t had much experience of traditional RPGs, and thus go into Last Remnant with the wrong expectations? It’s like comparing FFX/VII/VIII/IX etc to FFXI gameplay wise =/.

Or is the verdict on Last Remnant from long-time RPG gamers a negative one too?
 Ragnarok.Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-02-12 09:52:41  
Saiya said:
Well, i guess it was an alright film in it's own right. They spent £$thousands on her hair O_o.

The hair of that girl cost 9 million USD to develop, I believe I remember reading. They were fully animated and I heard they made each hair individual, although that might be a little exaggerated, I have no source unfortunately. If the scenario wasn't so weird to a non-Japanese audience and some of the animation wasn't so rushed, it could almost have made profits because that movie was light years ahead of its time and still hasn't been surpassed technologically as far as I'm aware of...

They were so rushed at the end, that the final rendering in full HD was going to take several months more. So a lower resolution one was used in the movie theaters. And some cinemas with "HD capabilities" had customers complain about the pixels looking horrible. (this one will be worth buying if they make a bluray edition)

The movie cost 137M$ (according to wikipedia, though I searched a few sources, stating random number from 115$M to 179$M lol...) to make and the loss was close to 94$M and was the biggest loss in history for a movie. Enix decided to delay the merge they had planned to happen in 2000. Square had to close SquareUSA, located in Hawaii, and decided to never adventure themselves in filmmaking... They later changed idea and made Advent Children, but the budjet of that film is nothing in comparison to Spirits Within.

Well that's all I know. Feel free to correct me if you find mistakes. :)
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-02-12 10:02:44  
Sounds about right, I said thousands because I wasn't too sure of myself, but I was about to type missions.

And with Advent Children, let's face it: A positive reception was a SURE thing, lol. So maybe that's why it wasn't such an out-on-a-limb job like Spirits. And i'd agree, I've yet to see CG graphics in motion pictures surpassing the quality of those in that film =)
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-12 10:03:12  
Advent Children is awesome to me. I love that movie. Maybe if they didn't always stick to ff7 thing and do different variety like the games.

I dunno really, alot of the final fantasy deal with a hero falling for the chick etc., dealing with aliens in most, all in different era's too, and usually same type of mobs. I think ffxi is the only one without some hero falling for a chick in a main story line. Of course ffxi is a mmo.

Maybe they need to get some of the players that actually play their games and see what ideas they can get.

I know alot of us always think of ideas that SE can add change or do.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-12 10:05:02  
Psyence said:
Saiya said:

The hair of that girl cost 9 million USD to develop, I believe I remember reading. They were fully animated and I heard they made each hair individual, although that might be a little exaggerated, I have no source unfortunately. If the scenario wasn't so weird to a non-Japanese audience and some of the animation wasn't so rushed, it could almost have made profits because that movie was light years ahead of its time and still hasn't been surpassed technologically as far as I'm aware of...

It was a "pretty" movie, but tbh I thought it sucked...I remember falling asleep out of boredom in the theater when we went to see it, and this was after we drove 2.5 hours all the way to Chicago since they were the closest city that actually WAS showing it . So yeah, $10 dollar ticket + $10 to park + $30 in gas + $30 on snacks and drinks...all to take a 2 hour nap...

Advent Children was better, imho, not because I'm a VII fanboy or anything, I just liked the story and style better... ^^
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-02-12 10:06:02  
You know, I actually enjoyed Spirits within. Yeah, it wasnt the greatest, but it was a decent movie. Better then alot of movies that were out at the time.

I'm sure if they had the amount of time they had for advent children, the movie would have been a lot better. (Which, by the by, I personally believe was a pile of garbage compared to what it could have been granted the amount of time they've had. It's like they tried to fit 3 movies worth of story into 90 minutes. Epic fail.)
 Ragnarok.Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-02-12 10:06:52  
Did you see the L'Arc~en~ciel music video of the song playing in the ending credits?! It's really nice because they used the character models and animated them, playing the actual song as a band xD Should be on youtube somewhere :)

Edit:

(Found it!) <t> : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im8Y0BQ8wMU

Too bad it's the engrish version hehe
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-02-12 10:08:44  
They use the chibi's on Ready Steady Go's PV also.

Edit: God, Im sounding like such a weeaboo now. ._>;
Edit2: Oh, you mean actual character models. Interesting. :3
First Page 2