Guillotine Set Up... Amidoingirwrong?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Guillotine set up... Amidoingirwrong?
Guillotine set up... Amidoingirwrong?
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-17 17:34:18  
Am I wrong in thinking that +1 str is a whole lot better than +1 mnd? And Bale Feet have other stats that make them worth it. GOGOGO MagicAcc!!

Still making Af+1 -inv.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-17 17:41:24  
Heca feet are not bad at all, but AF+1 feet are better for guillotine.
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-17 17:44:19  
if you want to go all str, Clout Boots is the way to go, but -7 store tp on them arent so hot

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-17 17:46:37  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Am I wrong in thinking that +1 str is a whole lot better than +1 mnd?

It's 1 STR (heca feet) VS 5 MND (AF+1 feet)

Guillotine's modifiers are: 25% STR and 25% MND
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-17 18:31:01  
Would come down to mob's vit (Where your are at w/ fstr) and your current WSC to decide the winner of those 2.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-17 18:35:50  
Outside abyssea, you may or may not get an extra fSTR from the +1 STR.

Inside abyssea, fSTR should be capped with atmas etc.

It's no huge improvement either way, but AF+1 should win in most cases.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-17 18:47:05  
I don't know what your total STR is but standalone (assuming fSTR capped and total is 80STR 70MND)

Heca would be 86 STR + 70 MND so a WSC of 32
vs
AF which would be 85STR + 75MND, so 33WSC.

You'd need to be getting 1fSTR from Heca to make them break even. Those are guesstimate values too, so I'd lean more to AF. Could be more accurate if I knew your total values though!
 Bismarck.Dreakon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Dreakon
By Bismarck.Dreakon 2010-11-17 23:02:16  
I haven't gotten RR yet myself, otherwise I would have already tried this, but does anyone know how Vorpal Blade does with that Atma on Drk? I would assume Rampage is still better due to the extra hit, but would Vorpal Blade still out do Guillotine?
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-11-17 23:48:35  

Get a grim... add bison steak, and in dyna it's wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-11-18 00:19:28  
Bismarck.Dreakon said:
I haven't gotten RR yet myself, otherwise I would have already tried this, but does anyone know how Vorpal Blade does with that Atma on Drk? I would assume Rampage is still better due to the extra hit, but would Vorpal Blade still out do Guillotine?

I don't see many higher level Axes DRK can use. Wonder how Han.Sword/Ridill could do if you could keep your mp up ;/
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-11-18 01:42:12  
this a decent build for DRKs Rampage or require more acc even with RR
By Mysticboi 2010-11-18 02:00:28  
gorgets eh? you are not samurai's and you are not wearing a hagun D: and this isn't 2005 any more!!! its all about the bale chokers!!!! Try using an Ire torque if you are using a single hit attack, and for guillotine and rampage bust out temperance torque/peacock charm/ancient torque, i mean is 0.1 tp > then the pieces of gear listed above? And if you cant get any of those necks a chiv chain is still a decent neck piece!!!
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-18 02:06:53  
Mysticboi said:
gorgets eh? you are not samurai's and you are not wearing a hagun D: and this isn't 2005 any more!!! its all about the bale chokers!!!! Try using an Ire torque if you are using a single hit attack, and for guillotine and rampage bust out temperance torque/peacock charm/ancient torque, i mean is 0.1 tp > then the pieces of gear listed above? And if you cant get any of those necks a chiv chain is still a decent neck piece!!!

wtf

Quote:
Try using an Ire torque if you are using a single hit attack

Gorget will always beat this

Quote:
peacock charm

10acc > 10acc + 0.1 fTP?

Quote:
chiv chain is still a decent neck piece!!!

It's okay!!! But not as good as gorget.

Bale Choker would be very competitive outside of Abyssea but inside I don't see how Gorget would lose.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-18 02:13:37  
I wouldn't use an Anciente Torque or a PCA/PCC over a Sea gorget.
They only add accuracy, whereas Gorgets basically push your 1st hit up and grant acc to all hits.
Call it a small improvement, but it's still a great improvement.

I guess since accuracy is capped in old content events nowadays the bonus from Sea torques can easily be trumped by pure STR necks.

praecis gorget is a very interesting neck I believe, mostly because it allows you to enhance the Conserve TP effect and grants the highest WS Accuracy bonus you can get on the neck with +3 STR on the top of it.
DRK's bale choker is amazing because it's like a justice torque +1, grants acc/atk to anything instead of just Scythe for DRK and adds constant refresh.

Concerning the OP's set I'd suggest getting a spiral ring as 1st improvement. It doesn't cut your MND like Flame ring.

Edit: I wouldn't go nuts over a Grim cuirass right now. We are just weeks from the next update and by the time the 2nd Abyssea update was released the price on it had already dropped 4-5M on my server.

What you could and should work on also is a bale belt
By Mysticboi 2010-11-18 02:15:04  
where is a site that list 10 acc for gorgets?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-18 02:15:37  
Wiki should do.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-11-18 02:23:36  
Can I has Hagun and Dlegs noaw
By Mysticboi 2010-11-18 02:25:17  
wiki only list as "some acc" no def confirmation listed, and guilliotine stays at a constant in dmg no matter the tp unless wiki wrong there, 100 tp or 300 tp the dmg is still the same, hence pure acc w/ peacock charm/ acc with a boost of more acc and crit w/ ancient torque, As for abyssea thats just way to much to speculate lol, as for adding mnd into guillotine, rumors are the more mnd the more the guillotine "silence effect" lands.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-18 02:29:32  
fTP is not the same as TP% modifier. fTP is a consequence of TP%, they are not synonymous.

Quote:
100 tp or 300 tp the dmg is still the same

A boost of 0.1 to existing fTP is 0.1/0.875 to the first hit, averaged at 0.1/3.875 (might be off, I remember Guillo being 0.875fTP but too lazy to look it up) ... slightly less when you consider DA etc but not by much.

Quote:
crit w/ ancient torque

Guillotine cannot crit without Sneak Attack. If it could, DRK wouldn't be in the trouble it is now.

Quote:
As for abyssea thats just way to much to speculate lol

Huge abundances of STR/Atk devalue STR/Atk (on Bale) and your acc will be capped on almost anything, devaluing acc. The fTP bonus from gorget remains relatively static.

Quote:
, as for adding mnd into guillotine, rumors are the more mnd the more the guillotine "silence effect" lands.

No, it's just a standard WSC mod. The same as any other.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-11-18 02:30:15  
Mysticboi said:
wiki only list as "some acc" no def confirmation listed, and guilliotine stays at a constant in dmg no matter the tp unless wiki wrong there, 100 tp or 300 tp the dmg is still the same, hence pure acc w/ peacock charm/ acc with a boost of more acc and crit w/ ancient torque, As for abyssea thats just way to much to speculate lol, as for adding mnd into guillotine, rumors are the more mnd the more the guillotine "silence effect" lands.
3hit Zanshin comin next or am i dreaming awake
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-18 02:31:02  
Question about DRK's Rampage.
What axes are out there that are better than Maneater and DRK can use? I thought DRK didn't get any new Axes past the 75 cap
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-18 02:31:57  
Mysticboi said:

Fail.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-11-18 02:34:09  
Odin.Sheelay said:
What axes are out there that are better than Maneater and DRK can use? I thought DRK didn't get any new Axes past the 75 cap
I personally wasn't sure, why I listed Maneater. If its worth the effort I'll try Man/Ridill DRK in some Aby tomorrow and post the parse with that gear set up. 2 late atm tho
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-18 02:37:22  
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
I personally wasn't sure, why I listed Maneater. If its worth the effort I'll try Man/Ridill DRK in some Aby tomorrow and post the parse with that gear set up. 2 late atm tho

Thanks. I may be wrong but I think there are no other axes better than Man or Wood that DRK can equip
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-18 02:44:13  
Lyft Axe maybe? Iunno what its called exactly.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-18 02:49:03  
lyft tabar

I had completely forgotten about those. Still.. doesn't really look like much of an improvement to Woodville's axe (Edit: Assuming the hidden effect grants +1 STR or DEX for every additional pty member. There's no history on its effect)

SE needs to add more variability to our DD jobs once more. I liked skilling up stuff on Warrior..
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-18 02:58:23  
What about Cavaros Mantle?

Cavaros Mantle
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-18 03:00:44  
A 3% increase to Crit hit dmg is very marginal unless you're really making a crit dmg + build or are using mighty srikes on WAR imo.

Edit: there are very few Crit+ items that DRK can equip also, and they'd come with a price forcing you to sacrifice STR and DEX from other slots

Edit No.2: Actually, I think cavaros is the only piece DRK can use unless you make a specific Champion's Galea (+2Crit dmg) or Blitzer Poleynn (+3Crit dmg)
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-18 03:06:29  
I'm going to screw around with this tommorow night in abyssea, I have a really hard time seeing it as being good unless you have a Ridill.

But even then Ridill has never been that good... Pre Update GA WARs would always destroy Ridill WAR w/ very little effort.

I think I am just going to stick to BLU until I finish my Caladbolg, how shitty DRK is right now just makes me emo :/
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-18 03:12:13  
Sweet, how's your Caladbolg going???

Thinking within AByssea I believe the only real problem with a Rampage build is the lack of new high dmg Axes and OaT offhand wpns which hurts your DPS.
But considering what Tiger provided us with:

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Correction: 3.2

It's still looking good