フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » War gear sets
War gear sets
First Page 2 3 4
 Valefor.Kungg
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Kung
By Valefor.Kungg 2010-11-19 01:33:04  
Just recently came back from a break around 3 months~ and in those 3 months a lot has changed to say the least what I was wondering if I can improve my Aggressor up and down TP set and WS sets. (not much is changed in both TP sets but can't hurt to ask anyway). or if its not necessary to have a Agg up and down TP sets anymore considering all the beefed up Atma out there now. Ive checked out BG and can't seem to see any WAR set ups amongst all the BS that that board consists of...

8/8 seals for Ravagers feet +1 no item :(
1/8 on Ravagers legs +1

8/8 Gax also.

TP Aggressor up:

TP Aggressor down:

Kings Justice:

Raging Rush:

Byakko instead of Hachiryu Haidate
Hecatomb cap instead of Ravager's +1
Hecatomb mitts instead of Alky.

all tips and suggestions welcomed :)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-19 01:38:28  
RR in Abyssea: dDEX should be capped against everything with cruor buffs + furtherance abyssites + Atma of Razed Ruins, so go full STR/DA there.

Askar body isn't a bad idea, accuracy permitting. Would also let you go back to using Pole Grip while maintaining your true 6-hit.

Should be fine with your Agg down set + meat on EXP targets and most low-tier NMs.

Bullwhip Belt, or Goading and get a 5-hit.
[+]
 Valefor.Kungg
By Valefor.Kungg 2010-11-19 01:55:12  
thanks for the quick reply Nightfyre

Yeah I want a Bullwhip belt for sure.. a few friends of mine want the body from Ovni lets hope I can get lucky on drops xD anyone else have any improvements to toss my way?
[+]
 Fenrir.Eneas
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-11-19 02:34:06  
wouldnt be a goading belt better? i am new on warrior, so i am looking for 5 and 6 hit builds (subbing sam right?)if someone can post it.
Thanks.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-19 02:55:45  
You'd need an additional +31stp for a 5hit as /SAM.

Ace's sabatons 5
Rajas 5
Goading 5
Askar 5
Brutal 1
Atilla's
Chiv chain 1
Rose strap 4
Hoard ring 4

That would do it for you. Using Aurum would let you drop either Hoard for Blitz, or Goading for Bullwhip
[+]
 Valefor.Kungg
By Valefor.Kungg 2010-11-19 13:59:03  
I wish War could use Aces D: but sadly they cannot lol.. with the lack of responses I'm goin to assume I kinda got the idea with what gear I have.. now its time to get a goading belt and the rest of of the AFv3 +1/2!

if anyone else has anything suggest feel free.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-20 06:23:04  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
You'd need an additional +31stp for a 5hit as /SAM.

Ace's sabatons 5
Rajas 5
Goading 5
Askar 5
Brutal 1
Atilla's
Chiv chain 1
Rose strap 4
Hoard ring 4

That would do it for you. Using Aurum would let you drop either Hoard for Blitz, or Goading for Bullwhip

I'm sorry to say WAR can't wear :/

Edit: Woah, I posted this reply and immediately got rated down o_o' that was so fast! Who's the trigger happy 'fella?
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-20 06:29:05  
Ahh my bad then. Still, 5hit's achievable.
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2010-11-20 06:45:08  
Instead of referring to others' posts to figure how much sTP you have and are lacking just get "FFXI calculator" (Google) and browse through gear lists on wiki to find something you think you can obtain. If you have multiple weapons for different situations (on any job that you aim for x-hit) and the weapon delays don't match then you can see how you need to adjust your sets for yourself.

Kind of a teach a man to fish thing without having to teach how sTP math works, the program does the math for you. You just put the delay in, tell it what sTP traits/merits you have, and put sTP values by slot. There will be 16 boxes like when you check yourself ingame. Don't forget to leave room for VV regain ticks and multi-hit TP return which really allows you to not actually have to aim exactly for 100 in 5 hits, especially in low-haste situations.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [46 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Kungg
By Valefor.Kungg 2011-01-05 17:01:45  
Instead of making a new post Ill just bump this one <.<;

as of yesterday I have hit the haste cap without having to use my Blitz ring so I was wondering which would be the best option to replace Blitz. now Ideally I would shoot for a 5 hit but I need some more Rare/ex store tp equipment to do so.. other things I need are Ravager's Gorget / Earring better Gax :(..

My TP Set:

My RR Set:

figured Id toss this in here also lol.. Ravager's Legs +2 or Hachiryu Haidate for RR? thanks again!

any tips and suggestions are welcomed!
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-05 17:06:02  
If you lose the blitz ring you are still not technically capped, hold out for a bullwhip belt then switch to a STR ring.

25% is the actual cap yes, but you actually need 26% from gear to actually hit that cap, haste rounds down or w/e so with 25% you actually have like 24.x ammount of haste not the actual 25~

Ovni is very easy to low man if you can proc blue should get you a belt, most people I know are 1/1 with blue, I was 1/1 w/out it.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-05 17:09:32  
Quote:
New gax
[+]
 Valefor.Kungg
By Valefor.Kungg 2011-01-05 17:11:42  
Valefor.Kungg said:
Instead of making a new post Ill just bump this one <.<;

as of yesterday I have hit the haste cap without having to use my Blitz ring so I was wondering which would be the best option to replace Blitz. now Ideally I would shoot for a 5 hit but I need some more Rare/ex store tp equipment to do so.. other things I need are Ravager's Gorget / Earring better Gax :(..

My TP Set:

My RR Set:

figured Id toss this in here also lol.. Ravager's Legs +2 or Hachiryu Haidate for RR? thanks again!

but Thank you :)
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-01-05 18:13:35  
Better GAxe is key, but what are you subbing here? Also, don't use Bomb core. Either full time the Ravagers orb or use a Bomblet.

Inside Abyssea or out? What atmas?
[+]
 Valefor.Kungg
By Valefor.Kungg 2011-01-05 18:21:01  
oh ***lol sorry I thought I had my Ravagers orb in both sets same looks D: /Sam 95% of the time RR / VV and 3rd atma depends on what the event is.. All my LS does and most LS's now is Abyssea so again 95% abyssea lol.. about the Gax I'm slowly working on my fake Emp Gax and looking to buy a Widowmaker for 2m for the time being no bites yet tho..
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-01-05 18:29:16  
Widowmaker's will be common pretty soon, but Keep working on an Ukko's axe, the weaponskill is too amazing to pass up.

Use a pole grip over a rose strap with your current build. The extra 4 stp isn't doing anything for you. Lose the fortitude torque. It gets relatively worse with every update/increase in A+ skill; Ravager's Neck or the +8 acc/att, subtle blow neck piece are both good replacements. If you have an Ares body or Grim, they'll probably beat the Adaberk with your current Atmas for tping inside abyssea. (Keep Adaberk for outside). I'm honestly not 100% sure about how it would be for RR, but for UF, Cavaros mantle and Zahak's mail are the best options for WS inside abyssea. I imagine it would be the same for RR, but something you could check for yourself.

I haven't updated it in a while, but I have some war item sets on my profile that might be helpful.
 Valefor.Kungg
By Valefor.Kungg 2011-01-05 18:41:02  
Yeah I have been scouting out some WS builds for Ukko's XD so Cavaros mantle and Zahak's are on the list of things to get. as for the Fort torque only really using it for the 7 attack as lol as it seems I'm not really worried about my Acc inside Abyssea but if need be I can use my PCC till I get my Ravager's Gorget..
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-01-10 02:20:55  
You need to drop your hands and Get Heafoc mittens, Get Atheling Mantle (Will beat Cavaros), And I'd pick Grim over Zahak's as long as you have Razed ruin. Also you wanna work on Bullwhip, getting a timarli body, and tping in War Af3+2 helm. Cap haste if you keep on your blitz and other nice stats, And also, WS in War af3+2, not only does it give att, But gives double attack thats out of this world, Along with Your +2's Occasionally double dmg on double attack, Not 100% sure it works on ws, but i don't see why it wouldn't either, as it's not a weapon with ODD and the proc is Very conditional.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-01-11 07:29:20  
Zahak's is way better than Grim for WS because of Razed Ruin (and is comparable to Grim even without it as long as you have a Str Atma/Cruor Buffs with enough furtherance)...Even Perle Body is better for WS than Adaberk. Atheling is better for WS when Berserk is down, Cavaros when Zerk is up, if I recall correctly the set bonuses do not proc on WS, Idk who did the tests for it though. Zelus Tiara and using ravager+1/2 hands when restraint up is going to beat TPing in AF3 head/Timarli as well at near capped haste (25%).

For Grips: Sword > Claymore > Pole with Razed assuming Sword doesn't break current Xhit, The other grips aren't worth mentioning as they're below Pole.

For Ammo: Might as well fulltime Orb, can easily cap accuracy without bomblet, it's usefullness is very depreciated.
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-01-11 13:41:06  
Quetzalcoatl.Neisan said:
Zahak's is way better than Grim for WS because of Razed Ruin (and is comparable to Grim even without it as long as you have a Str Atma/Cruor Buffs with enough furtherance)...Even Perle Body is better for WS than Adaberk. Atheling is better for WS when Berserk is down, Cavaros when Zerk is up, if I recall correctly the set bonuses do not proc on WS, Idk who did the tests for it though. Zelus Tiara and using ravager+1/2 hands when restraint up is going to beat TPing in AF3 head/Timarli as well at near capped haste (25%). For Grips: Sword > Claymore > Pole with Razed assuming Sword doesn't break current Xhit, The other grips aren't worth mentioning as they're below Pole. For Ammo: Might as well fulltime Orb, can easily cap accuracy without bomblet, it's usefullness is very depreciated.

What does the hands do for restraint? and im not sure where you got your information as att+20/da+3 is alot better than around a 3% Increase in Crit dmg, for both WS and TP, for TP, Double attack proc not only means more damage (Along with Set effect) but also you get TP quicker, which means more Weaponskills. And also, Tping in War af3+2 helm not only helps with the set effect, but also Gives you +4% Double attack, AND 3% Crit rate. As for Zerk being up, your attack probably isn't capped even with it up, and even if it was, Double attack+3 would Still beat it out regardless. As for Bodies, the entire reason Grim would be comparably better is the fact of razed ruins, you already have a high Crit rate, and although it being higher is Awesome, More str and att Might be a bit better than an extra 3% Crit rate, as for grips, Same as bodies almost, Why would you Pick more crit rate over A grip that would give you not only 2% more chance to double attack on a WS, But also On your TP Build? Once again, you WS Faster, although in this scenario your overall Melee DoT would most likely be less, Sword Strap i agree with if you aren't going for a 5-hit, which if your /sam, you should be anyway, but i understand people need to /nin sometimes.. What WS do you use anyway? Not all WARS Are running around with raging rush either, but im pretty sure this would be true their too.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-01-11 15:02:29  
Hands is 15% increase to WS damage if you TP in them while restraint is up but do not need to WS in them. Double attack has decreasing returns, it isn't as absolute for TP/WS as you're making it out for be, Kinematics/Motenten did the math for both, Atheling wins with zerk down, Cavaros is slightly better with Zerk up assuming VV/RR/Apoc Atmas. As for the body, once again Zahak's still beats Grim due to giving you even higher crit rate, Str on grim is only giving you WSC and some attack. Byrnoth iirc did the math on grips assuming RR, Strap is approximately 3% overall increase in damage if it doesn't drop xhit, claymore 2%, Pole is greater than 1% less than 2%, Brave is absolute junk.

It doesn't matter for WS - Raging or Ukko's, the above applies to both fo them only Ukko's shows a larger increase with the changes I suggested.
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-01-11 15:17:20  
I have +2 hands just never saw a need for them, I currently Use Dusk gloves+1 obviously because of war af3+2 helm, and Heafoc for WS, But really if it's 15% ws Dmg increase i might Have to swap them in during restraint and find me a Pair of zelus, And i guess all the minor gear swap changes are very comprable anyway, and yeah brave grip is trash i never even would of considered one, Personally /sam i'd like to use rose Strap, and /nin Pole grip, but i might check out claymore, i remember having it from drakesbane So it's probably in my storage somewhere
 Caitsith.Ejin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Ejin
By Caitsith.Ejin 2011-01-11 16:15:56  
Hands is 15% increase to WS damage if you TP in them

What?

Restraint w/o gloves is a 1.87% increase to WSDMG after 4 hits landed or roughly .47% increase to WSDMG per hit.

Restraint while TPing in AF3+2 gloves doubles this effect for a 3.74% increase to WSDMG after 4 hits landed and roughly a .94% increase to WSDMG per hit.
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-01-11 16:53:40  
Caitsith.Ejin said:
Hands is 15% increase to WS damage if you TP in them

What?

Restraint w/o gloves is a 1.87% increase to WSDMG after 4 hits landed or roughly .47% increase to WSDMG per hit.

Restraint while TPing in AF3+2 gloves doubles this effect for a 3.74% increase to WSDMG after 4 hits landed and roughly a .94% increase to WSDMG per hit.

Does Restraint cap @ 1.87/3.74?
 Caitsith.Ejin
Guide Maker
By Caitsith.Ejin 2011-01-11 17:43:12  
Bismarck.Altar said:

Those are just numbers after 4 hits, which would be the average bonus you'd gain in a 5hit build. You can build it higher with more hits landed, but i haven't done any testing on a cap.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-01-11 21:09:38  
My bad, got numbers horribly mixed up, was typing in a hurry as I had to leave fast and couldn't check my post >.<
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-01-12 00:13:09  
Caitsith.Ejin said:
Bismarck.Altar said:

Those are just numbers after 4 hits, which would be the average bonus you'd gain in a 5hit build. You can build it higher with more hits landed, but i haven't done any testing on a cap.

Does Restraint reset after you weaponskill though? I thought it kept building up cumulatively.
 Caitsith.Ejin
Guide Maker
By Caitsith.Ejin 2011-01-12 02:13:03  
Bismarck.Altar said:
Does Restraint reset after you weaponskill?

Yes.
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-01-12 08:53:51  
I figured hearing 15% Ws dmg seemed odd, at least that's cleared up.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-01-15 11:21:31  
My problem for haste cap. I finally got my Bullwhip Belt. I was using Veloce Zuchetto/Swift belt to cap haste. So I'm gaining back 11 attack and 6 subtle blow

Currently I'm at 26% with this.

Now if I went Perle head/Perle hands I would be short about 1 haste[25% out of 26%]

Now I did weigh my options, for example using Perle Head with Dusk Gloves. The Askar combo was slightly better due to the DEX offered IMO but I probably don't need it inside Abyssea. Turban+. Perle would be over capping for me. At least until I can get myself a Strigoi Ring or something. the difference between the two seems to be very trivial 1 attack (if using GAXE)

It's nice being out of Dusk but people double take and check because of Askar Head.

I need something to shoot for though, I was wondering how this would be?

Is it worth giving up a body slot just for 2 haste? Even though Ravager's Mask+2 is nice as hell I can't put my finger on it.

First Page 2 3 4