users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » RNG and Brew
RNG and Brew
First Page 2
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-12-21 13:26:38  
Has anyone tried a brew with rng yet? Im looking at shinryu solo possibilities, and on rng i can do like 75% of the blue triggers by myself. So with abyssite of discernment and brew, it should be np as long as sidewinder does rediculous dmg on brew.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-21 13:39:06  
Reflugent might do more with brew as it has much higher stat mod. Especially if you made the martial bow
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-12-21 13:42:02  
I did not, im using Murti Bow atm. Really im just wondering if it can be done by rng. ive seen sam, nin, blm, rdm, and mnk brew, but never rng
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-21 13:43:26  
I'd still grab a 2nd or 3rd person just to cover all the blue triggers
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-12-21 13:49:26  
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
I did not, im using Murti Bow atm. Really im just wondering if it can be done by rng. ive seen sam, nin, blm, rdm, and mnk brew, but never rng
WHM! There's a video of someone Hexa'ing Yaanei to death
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-12-21 13:51:00  
Well the whole question was about rng solo, because thats the job i could do the most blue triggers. I dont want to have to look for other people. On rng, if its possible to solo, theoretically i should be able to trigger blue !! like 70% of the time AND have bounty shot up for TH, so im just wondering what kind of numbers rng puts out on brew.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-21 13:54:30  
I'm sure they can solo.

If takes a Rdm 4~5 Nukes to solo. I'd imagine just about any job in the game could solo him with Brew.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-12-21 13:57:57  
How often does the Abyssite of Discernment tell triggers? i got it last night, but i havent had a chance to play with it yet
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-21 13:58:55  
I saw a screen shot of a 15kish jishnu. True flight should do at least 10k. At least just with MAB atmas and 999 stats... however seeing how much some of the other magical ones have been doing I'm starting to think there are hidden stats lol

Not sure how good physical ones will do. Not really sure how high it's def is or lvl difference. If it is high might want to sub something with def down.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
サーバ: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2010-12-21 14:02:28  
I don't have discernment yet (one boss to go) but someone in my ls does. We were fighting Iratham last night and it procced but all it told him was that the blue ws was an axe skill (not the specific one).
[+]
 Asura.Darkultima
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Darkultima 2010-12-21 14:03:06  
How often does the Abyssite of Discernment tell triggers? i got it last night, but i havent had a chance to play with it yet

Its random, but i'd say ~80% of time
By RingmastersWord 2010-12-21 14:10:41  
Rng can do 10 of 15 of the piercing ws, so 66.66%?
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-12-21 14:19:29  
Asura.Hoshiku said:
I don't have discernment yet (one boss to go) but someone in my ls does. We were fighting Iratham last night and it procced but all it told him was that the blue ws was an axe skill (not the specific one).

That will still narrow it down lol. Start the fight with sidewinder, and if it procs and says dagger, you know what to do.
By RingmastersWord 2010-12-21 14:21:34  
Asura.Hoshiku said:

That will still narrow it down lol. Start the fight with sidewinder, and if it procs and says dagger, you know what to do.

Just hope it doesnt say dagger, or your at a 50/50.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-21 14:22:53  
RingmastersWord said:
Asura.Hoshiku said:
Just hope it doesnt say dagger, or your at a 50/50.
Better than it saying polearm ;)
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-12-21 14:36:30  
Any job can solo any NM with the brew period. Your best ws in terms of damage might be trueflight actually.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-21 14:52:36  
Bismarck.Helel said:
Any job can solo any NM with the brew period. Your best ws in terms of damage might be trueflight actually.
I know someone that managed to lose somehow with 3 people and a brew last night lol
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-21 14:59:21  
RDM chainspelling Rani doesn't go well...
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2010-12-21 15:00:22  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Helel said:
I know someone that managed to lose somehow with 3 people and a brew last night lol

/hand up!

Three brew attempts, to be exact =]

To be fair, the guy using the brew was just a *** moron.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2010-12-21 15:06:47  
Well, I could see it happening. If you don't proc red and chainspell nuke, he goes into healing mode and dooms you? lol. if you don't have cursna, holy water, or dooms screen up, i think you would be SOL.

As for the soloing, i think its a waste, not hard to find enough ppl to proc blue 100%. Absolute easiest way with no chance of losing on Shinryu is proc blue > Red. As soon as red procs, RDM brew > chainspell > shinryu dies...without ever taking action. Can easily be done without procing red, red just guarantees that the party will be alive for atma and that you get it? Atma is badass anyways.

For rani/raja, definitely melee brew powa! Proc blue > proc red > brew = dead *** cutarae (sp?)
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-21 15:08:55  
Buy doom screens. Seriously they easy to get lol
 Shiva.Kollosis
サーバ: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2010-12-21 15:19:47  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:

I brewed Rani last night on scholar, just have to make sure you're timing your nukes right, otherwise you're ***.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-12-21 15:23:46  
Shiva.Kollosis said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
I brewed Rani last night on scholar, just have to make sure you're timing your nukes right, otherwise you're ***.
How many nukes did it take you?
 Shiva.Kollosis
サーバ: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2010-12-21 15:26:23  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Shiva.Kollosis said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
How many nukes did it take you?

I didnt brew at 100% we just brought it down to about 50~% and ***started getting rough.. sooo at about 40% i brewed it and it took like.. 4 nukes maybe? Blizz 4, Blizz 3, Thunder 4, Thunder 3.
 Phoenix.Muhnjob
user: muhn
By Phoenix.Muhnjob 2010-12-21 19:32:01  
if you have rr and sanguine scythe atma you can use arching arrow I can kill it with 3 jishnus if i dont heal it
 Siren.Froggis
サーバ: Siren
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2010-12-22 03:21:13  
Asura.Hoshiku said:

I don't think its random. At this point, I'm fairly certain the message will only appear if the NM is performing no actions at all and is not stunned or terror'd. Thus you cannot get the message unless the spell/ws is clean however not getting the message does not necessarily mean the spell/ws was not clean. I could be totally wrong but that's the pattern I've experienced. But I have yet to receive the message when the spell/ws was not clean.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-12-22 20:14:51  

Very easy on rng, And i trigger blue most of the time. Oddly, the time in the picture i did not trigger blue or red.

It seemed odd that sometimes when i get it to 15% ish, it will use protostar 3 times in a row, then spam meteor. That leaves very little time to damage it. You cant damage it at all during protostar spam, and during meteor you have to time it exactly after it casts, before it starts to cast again.

Edit: when you want it dead, Blast Arrow > Sidewinder = Fragmentation > Arching = Light. that ended up doing about 45k dmg.
[+]
 Phoenix.Muhnjob
user: muhn
By Phoenix.Muhnjob 2010-12-23 02:05:53  
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-12-27 23:01:34  
Just brewed on RNG, got blue with sidewinder with lvl 1 bow woo. Trueflight did 10k every time. Nice thing about doing it on RNG is easy blue proc + bounty shot also. Don't think anyone mentioned that yet. Of course, I forgot to use it. Still got cape/belt/torque though which is what we wanted.

Also Muhnjob, why did you enter during slashing weakness period lol? and Trueflight > Arching Arrow with correct atmas. Used holy mountain + baying moon + ultimate.
[+]
First Page 2