日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Atmas for DRK
Atmas for DRK
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
By volkom 2011-09-11 20:26:13  
Kin37ix said: »
Trying to avoid the -25% HP.
can always do other things~ really depends what you're looking to do inside abyssea on drk.
Like trying to make 3.4K guillotines
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-11 20:31:35  
Kin37ix said: »
I just got Lion. If we say that 15% TA from Apoc = 30% more damage & 30% more TP gain, likewise we can also say that 10% TA from Lion = 20% more damage & 20% more TP gain... Combine them for 50%?

RR/Apoc/Lion?
50% total but the gain from A&O/Lion itself would be subject to decreasing returns. A&O/Lion alone would be 15.4% after Apoc. Another option would be Sanguine Scythe; it's barely behind Lion for melee damage but adds HP for Souleater.
By volkom 2011-09-11 20:52:16  
Asura.Xeth said: »
Maybe I should start using Metatron Torment instead of Raging Rush/Ukko's Fury and throw on Griffon's Claw. It's almost as bad as going DRK but I still have red procs.
drk has red stagger weaponskills. . .
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-09-11 21:05:34  
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [68 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-11-18 14:37:35  
I've started using VV RR and Griffon's Claw and I liked the results so far. o_o

With Last Resort up I was doing about 4-5K on EXP mobs, 3K on certain high-def mobs. Haven't gotten a chance to try it out on higher-tier NMs yet, but from what I can tell, this may be promising. I took these posts as reference as to what to use:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/17272/torcleaver-math/4/#1143978
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/17272/torcleaver-math/4/#1150343

My gearset currently, aiming for Ares or Shadow Body hopefully sooon within the next few months

Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-11-18 14:48:36  
RR Apoc A&O is what you should be using.

While GC is nice for WS Damage, your overall damage is being severely dropped by using that instead of other atma.

VV isnt that great either especially inside abyssea, its only 5% double attack and your STR should already be capped before considering VV.
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-11-18 14:51:17  
Fenrir.Gradd said: »
RR Apoc A&O is what you should be using. While GC is nice for WS Damage, your overall damage is being severely dropped by using that instead of other atma. VV isnt that great either especially inside abyssea, its only 5% double attack and your STR should already be capped before considering VV.

^ This

Gimping your white damage for epeen isn't a good idea.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-11-18 15:01:46  

While GC is nice for WS Damage, your overall damage is being severely dropped by using that instead of other atma.

VV isnt that great either especially inside abyssea, its only 5% double attack and your STR should already be capped before considering VV.

VV is okay if you end up having downtime for whatever reason. But Apoc/AoA/RR seems optimal imo.

Here is what I plan to use.

(should I replace bombcore with the new Store TP+3 ammo though? Just to Torcleaver in almost whatever I want?)

This for acc pretty much, if I ever focus on saving for my Armadaberk lol.. Been getting other things sadly.

I think I'd only be on DRK if I wanted to mess around or take a slight break from Smashing stuff with a Hammer.

Oddly enough I've seen an acc+7 augment on adaberk..

Any idea if it robs you of Store TP though? Store TP+5/Double Attack+3/Accuracy+7 wouldn't be bad if you couldn't get STR augmented.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-18 15:17:50  
I used RR Apoc and AaO, as Gradd said, for the longest time. I switched out AaO for Savior recently as laziness was more important to me than full on damage.

Getting the "healing" stonega IV or roar that heals and doesn't inflict a status effect was nicer than having the extra damage only to get all my buff's horrid roar'ed off every 10 seconds (or absolute terror).

I still say that Gradd's recommendation is what I would use if my only concern is damage output. That being said I care more about the blood vessal not popping in my head because i got paralysed before using last resort or terrorized the entire time SD is on.
By veddertehtaco 2011-11-18 15:19:02  
dear god Q, i go away a few months and you start using weird atmas and stoof..... stick with what taint and gradd say >_>

and (skar) im pretty sure it takes the slot for store tp as i havent seen any other "kept" ebody augs with acc vs store tp and im pretty sure the benefit of the stp will overshadow the acc since its already a heavy acc piece
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-11-18 15:24:12  
veddertehtaco said: »
dear god Q, i go away a few months and you start using weird atmas and stoof..... stick with what taint and gradd say >_>

and (skar) im pretty sure it takes the slot for store tp as i havent seen any other "kept" ebody augs with acc vs store tp and im pretty sure the benefit of the stp will overshadow the acc since its already a heavy acc piece

Yeah I wasn't really sure, the MP+ does nothing is all ._.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-11-18 15:46:23  
The adaberk acc+7 is just a random augment. I've done 300+ ebody tatter synths and have never seen acc.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-11-18 15:48:54  
Low ACC situations: You need the STP ammo to get a proper rebuild going. Also Ganesha's mala if your fortunate enough to have one.

goading belt and blitz ring replace ninurta's and Tyrant's obviously if you dont have ninurta's, Phasmida belt works as well.

High ACC Situations:

High ACC with marches during Last Resort: You only need 17% haste in gear if you are fortunate enough to have marches on DRK during last resort.

Edit:

The ACC on E:body is very rare out of like 60 augments I havent seen an ACC augment once.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-11-18 15:52:19  

That's the dilemma I often come across, though: with RR/Apoc/A&O my WS damage ends up going into the low ends in comparison to the other DDs on higher-end NMs like Wyrms, Ironclads and whatnot (Orthrus for example I can barely reach 2K for my high end). I do use RR Apoc A&O for WS Frequency though, don't get me wrong about that.

With Last Resort up using RR/A&O/Apoc I'm doing 1-2K average on higher-end NMs without using a Stalwarts Tonic/Gambir, either because I'm not meeting the attack cap, not using food or some other factor that hasn't crossed my mind yet. Probably lack of food is my issue though. Right now i'm looking for an atma combo that'll get the best out of my Torcleaver damage when I need to run in and WS out, so is there any situation in Aby where adding STR to support my Attack would be a good idea?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-18 16:00:24  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »
RR Apoc A&O is what you should be using. While GC is nice for WS Damage, your overall damage is being severely dropped by using that instead of other atma. VV isnt that great either especially inside abyssea, its only 5% double attack and your STR should already be capped before considering VV.
That's the dilemma I often come across, though: with RR/Apoc/A&O my WS damage ends up going into the low ends in comparison to the other DDs on higher-end NMs like Wyrms, Ironclads and whatnot (Orthrus for example I can barely reach 2K for my high end). I do use RR Apoc A&O for WS Frequency though, don't get me wrong about that. With Last Resort up using RR/A&O/Apoc I'm doing 1-2K average on higher-end NMs without using a Stalwarts Tonic/Gambir, either because I'm not meeting the attack cap, not using food or some other factor that hasn't crossed my mind yet. Probably lack of food is my issue though. Right now i'm looking for an atma combo that'll get the best out of my Torcleaver damage when I need to run in and WS out, so is there any situation in Aby where adding STR to support my Attack would be a good idea?

If you're using torcleaver, and not Quietus, I think this is a major problem. The 50 attack on AaO will help quite a bit.

*edit* at least use yellow curry if you dont wanna spring for red. heck, mithkabobs are better that DD'ing hungry
 Bahamut.Megrim
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Megrim
By Bahamut.Megrim 2011-11-18 16:09:22  
Have u considered using RR VV and Sanguine Scythe?
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-11-18 16:42:41  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »
That's the dilemma I often come across, though: with RR/Apoc/A&O my WS damage ends up going into the low ends in comparison to the other DDs on higher-end NMs like Wyrms, Ironclads and whatnot (Orthrus for example I can barely reach 2K for my high end). I do use RR Apoc A&O for WS Frequency though, don't get me wrong about that. With Last Resort up using RR/A&O/Apoc I'm doing 1-2K average on higher-end NMs without using a Stalwarts Tonic/Gambir, either because I'm not meeting the attack cap, not using food or some other factor that hasn't crossed my mind yet. Probably lack of food is my issue though. Right now i'm looking for an atma combo that'll get the best out of my Torcleaver damage when I need to run in and WS out, so is there any situation in Aby where adding STR to support my Attack would be a good idea?

If you're using torcleaver, and not Quietus, I think this is a major problem. The 50 attack on AaO will help quite a bit.

*edit* at least use yellow curry if you dont wanna spring for red. heck, mithkabobs are better that DD'ing hungry
I'll have to use food more often, then. Yeah, RCBs can be pretty taxing on my gil lol!

*EDIT*
Here's another look at my attack situation without food using RR/Apoc/A&O:

LR Down
774 in TP
795 in WS

LR Up
964 in TP
990 in WS

I'm obviously not reaching the 1400 Attack cap this way. Forgive me if my math is off (first time seriously calculating attack, plus I'm a right-brainer), Red Curry Buns would put my LR WS Attack at...

990 x 0.247 = 244.53 + 990 = 1234.53 (1234 rounded down) Attack?
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-11-18 16:57:45  
Bahamut.Megrim said: »
Have u considered using RR VV and Sanguine Scythe?

I sure hope not.
[+]
By veddertehtaco 2011-11-19 00:40:20  
Rcb onry! And your attack still seems low-ish to me, I'd use heafoc or armada hands(aug'd with vit) over the versa more often then not. Also I'm willing to bet on anguiness+apathy being better then snow/snow but that's just my personal preference. Attack is just so important to torc ppl don't look at it like they should
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-11-19 00:51:46  
LR up:

LR Down:

I havent done any math comparisons on Jingang Vs. Dilaram's when attack isnt an issue, they probably come very close.

Also obviously if your still hurting on attack, stick with the higher attack build even when Last Resort is up.
 Cerberus.Raddmage
user: Kakkoii
By Cerberus.Raddmage 2011-11-19 01:36:54  
LR up:

LR Down:

I havent done any math comparisons on Jingang Vs. Dilaram's when attack isnt an issue, they probably come very close.

Also obviously if your still hurting on attack, stick with the higher attack build even when Last Resort is up.

why not full time Dilaram's, seems like the only upside is 2% DA which is kinda meh
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10