フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Jishnu's Radiance Build
Jishnu's Radiance Build
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-02-18 07:01:14  
EDIT: Beaten one page before, RR caps crit from Dex, need more AGI etc.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
サーバ: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-02-22 13:20:05  
I think you're missing that Jisnu's Radiance is a DEX mod WS.

RR/GH/Stout (3rd is dependent on situation, first 2 shouldnt change).

Loki's Kaftan.

Head/hands are the only real "iffy" spots, as you have decent alternatives between attack heavy and mod heavy fillers, so it would depend on your current buffs and target.

[+]
 Titan.Darovik
サーバ: Titan
user: Darovik
By Titan.Darovik 2011-02-25 15:33:58  

Heres the build Ive been using for Jishnu. Seems to work pretty well inside abyss and out especially when I get amped up on red curry buns.

For atma combo Im liking Razed Ruins(Dex+50 Crit%/CritD+30%), Stout Arm(Str/Ratt+40), and Omnipotent(Dex+50).

Dunno if vigilance+1 beats terebellum and I should upgrade to a str+7 ring but it hasnt happened yet.
 Quetzalcoatl.Myrrh
user: Myrrh
By Quetzalcoatl.Myrrh 2011-02-25 15:44:08  
Switch those STR Earrings/Ring to Dex stuff. Jishnu's is a Dex mod. If I knew how to post that gear thingy I'd post my Jishnu's build.
[+]
 Titan.Darovik
By Titan.Darovik 2011-02-25 15:49:20  
Str still helps with damage like all rng ws though unless youre capped. I tried all dex and neglected str before. It wasnt very impressive.
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-25 15:50:25  
Titan.Darovik said:
Str still helps with damage like all rng ws though unless your capped. I tried all dex and neglected str before. It wasnt very impressive.

Go read page 1, seriously.
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-02-25 15:57:18  
Probably gonna get rated down for this since everyone thinks their epeen increases with bigger numbers, but you're going to want to use regain atmas on ranger, no matter what weapon skill you're using. You should be using sea daughter at least; I'd probably replace stout arm with vv as well. Regular mobs/NMs die so quickly in abyssea it's not worth having to shoot them 4 times before you can ws.

I agree with above poster that rings/earrings should be dex, not str. Your fstr2 will be capped inside abyssea so they're basically doing nothing for you.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Myrrh
By Quetzalcoatl.Myrrh 2011-02-25 15:59:20  
Seriously, how do I post a item set thingy?
 Titan.Darovik
By Titan.Darovik 2011-02-25 16:01:12  
Hm ok Ill swap in dex for rings/earrings and give it a shot. Outside abyss my build look pretty good as is?
 Titan.Darovik
By Titan.Darovik 2011-02-25 16:02:16  
Its pretty easy just go to your members menu, pick item sets and build away
 Quetzalcoatl.Myrrh
By Quetzalcoatl.Myrrh 2011-02-25 16:04:02  

There we go. That's mine. I switch between yata/yata and a Cara/Yata depending on how I'm feeling. Also taking my sweet *** time with my Light Gorget. And currently saving up for Hachiryu Kote
By Serj 2011-02-25 16:05:45  
Would sylvan legs really outdo byakko's haidate? I find that hard to swallow.
 Quetzalcoatl.Myrrh
By Quetzalcoatl.Myrrh 2011-02-25 16:06:15  
Oh whoops. Sorry, ya, those are ment to be Byakko's
By Serj 2011-02-25 16:07:11  
Wasn't just in response to you, several people have sylvan legs instead of byakko's.
 Titan.Darovik
By Titan.Darovik 2011-02-25 16:09:19  
So if str is capped in abyss why the sylvan back? Do you think Lithe boots would outdo scouts socks+1?
 Quetzalcoatl.Myrrh
By Quetzalcoatl.Myrrh 2011-02-25 16:10:15  
Don't have +1 feet and the back is more for the STP then anything else. I keep meaning to buy a Dex piece but i keep forgetting.
 Quetzalcoatl.Myrrh
By Quetzalcoatl.Myrrh 2011-02-25 16:11:59  
I'm also working on the Af+1 hands aswell. My luck in Limbus/Dynamis has been *** for upgrades.
 Titan.Darovik
By Titan.Darovik 2011-02-25 17:53:13  

This item set making is fun. Hows this build look for abyss? Think +6 dex from AF+1 hands would beat 11 ratt from bloods?
By Serj 2011-02-25 18:10:23  
Depends on your buffs, atmas, and what you're fighting. The same question could be asked of Lithe boots over scout's. I'm curious to get answers (I'm working on trials for my harrier at this very moment lol.)
 Titan.Darovik
By Titan.Darovik 2011-02-25 18:27:16  
Im redoing them all over again to start Gandiva... on that stupid worm atm funfun
By Serj 2011-02-25 18:34:47  
I'm just starting, 2/3 on the quadav. Hope to be done with the gobbue tonight and on to the worm.
 Cerberus.Weegie
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Weegie
By Cerberus.Weegie 2011-02-25 18:36:33  
I'm not understanding why people are using Scout Socks +1 over Lithe Boots in builds if they have both options. Anyone mind explaining how that works inside abyssea when you have 150+ STR total?

At what point is adding additional base skill to Archery going to outweight ranged attack and str, making AF3+2 Hands and Carabiner Axe worth anything (assuming you were not subbing /SAM for some reason)?

I can understand subbing NIN with the right Yagatan weapons if it allows you to use a better atma configuration (Sea Daughter atma has potential to make SAM less than absolutely essential for TP in the right setup I suppose). I see where a person is going with that. But not the Scout Socks +1 on a DEX mod WS. Looking to have someone spoonfeed me some clarification.
By Serj 2011-02-25 18:41:53  
Cerberus.Weegie said:
I'm not understanding why people are using Scout Socks +1 over Lithe Boots in builds if they have both options. Anyone mind explaining how that works inside abyssea when you have 150+ STR total?

At what point is adding additional base skill to Archery going to outweight ranged attack and str, making AF3+2 Hands and Carabiner Axe worth anything (assuming you were not subbing /SAM for some reason)?

I can understand subbing NIN with the right Yagatan weapons if it allows you to use a better atma configuration (Sea Daughter atma has potential to make SAM less than absolutely essential for TP in the right setup I suppose). I see where a person is going with that. But not the Scout Socks +1 on a DEX mod WS. Looking to have someone spoonfeed me some clarification.

In abyssea, your fstr2 will more than likely be capped with atmas/buffs, meaning str will do nothing for damage aside from adding some attack. Your attack will usually be undercapped due to it not getting the same amount of buffs. Attack may yield greater benefits than ws mods.

Prime example, people using byrnie +1 > osode/other for Tachi: Fudo.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-02-25 21:58:42  
Cerberus.Weegie said:

Not sure what 150+ STR has to do with Scout's Socks +1 vs Lithe Boots, but most stats are going to have decreasing returns (pretty much everything except delay reduction, although I think there's a few exceptions). Doesn't mean more of a certain stat+ is going to lessen your damage, but it's not going to add -as much- percent+ to dps (which is the easiest way to compare multiple stats, notably when they're multiplied). So the more DEX you have, the less DEX+x will compare to ranged attack+y, and vice versa.

That being said, depends on your DEX and ranged attack, but for Jishnu's, Lithe should beat Scout's +1*.

Also, Terebellum is generally best Jishnu's cape.

*Edit: I'm HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Scout's +1 will probably win, especially if fSTR is capped. Forgot WSC is added to DMG and fSTR first, making the % difference less.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-02-25 22:40:51  

So something like this is what I've been gathering? Is hachi hands better than af3+2? All this melee stuff is so confusing ><

Gatta+1 grip is > than the cirt hit 3% or increase crit hit dmg one too?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-02-25 23:34:34  
Question, but does anyone know if the 3.75 fTP posted on wiki is right? I was told 1.75 from a JP website long before anything was posted on wiki (making total 3.75). I'm wondering if someone added all hits first and then posted it, or the JP wiki was just wrong.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 23:48:33  
Ragnarok.Flippant said:
Hachiryu Kote and Gatta +1 are better.

Question, but does anyone know if the 3.75 fTP posted on wiki is right? I was told 1.75 from a JP website long before anything was posted on wiki (making total 3.75). I'm wondering if someone added all hits first and then posted it, or the JP wiki was just wrong.
I personally don't know. However it would be very very very easy to test. If you have it just test on a trash mob and do the math. Ranged attacks are much easier to test than melee because once you cap Cratio the only thing that will change dmg is crits. I don't have it yet so I couldn't tell you but if you did I could math things out for you if you give me info
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-02-25 23:52:49  
Actually, they added max/min randomization to ranged attacks. Not sure when, but some time after August and before January (quit in between, but I'm 99% sure that it wasn't like that before I quit, especially since I used ranged attacks to test Cavaros).
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 23:54:38  
Serj said:
Would sylvan legs really outdo byakko's haidate? I find that hard to swallow.
That's what she said...

But yeah it I'd say the ratt and crit hit rate alone put it close but really it's the true shot that does it assuming it works on all hits of the ws anyways.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 23:57:54  
Ragnarok.Flippant said:
Actually, they added max/min randomization to ranged attacks. Not sure when, but some time after August and before January (quit in between, but I'm 99% sure that it wasn't like that before I quit, especially since I used ranged attacks to test Cavaros).
Not sure what you mean? You saying they do the 5% randomization factor now or that the max/min calcs have changed so that they are no longer capped at 3 for both?
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23