user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-12-01 18:04:39  
Copy and paste the Bbcode at the bottom of the item set page
 Ragnarok.Azryel
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2012-12-01 18:37:40  
I'm rarely RNG, so I don't get to test things out much, but here's what I'm presently using for Jishnu... Anything glaring that should be tweaked?

Thanks
 Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-12-01 18:45:08  
It's a mix of the 2 sets I usually propose. Usually people go all str/ratk or all dex/crit but no real critique outside of hands but I don't expect people to have myrmex.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2012-12-01 18:48:53  
Myrmex Mittens don't exist... Logs do. Wanion Belt does too... Myrmex? Nope.

I do have Athos gloves I could pop in there for a STR/DEX/AGI combo, but wasn't sure if the STR/skill would be better overall on the AF3.

When I'm on RNG I usually tend to lean towards Wildfire as the dmg is extremely consistent, and that WS rarely causes me to get my *** kicked.
 Sylph.Decimus
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-12-01 18:52:53  
I'm sure I could download a spreadsheet and tell you for sure, but you're probably safe with AF3+2 on not light/firesday (Athos's alignment days).
 Sylph.Mirvana
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2012-12-02 02:29:04  
Ragnarok.Azryel said: »
Anything glaring that should be tweaked?

Thanks

Gandiva90+ comes to mind.
[+]
 Ramuh.Pyromaster
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Pyromaster 2012-12-02 09:16:16  

what can and should i change in my tp set? i am currently doing NNI but its going a bit slow, what can and should be changed for obvious improvements?

this is my tp set, now i know you can put in a snapshot > tp set but i dont know how you actually do it in macro, can anyone explain how it works like
/ra <t>
/equip "ranged attack set" <wait 4>
/equip "snapshot set"

for my ws set

the legs have 2% crit atm, now i only used RNG inside abyssea until recently and on things like qilin i get very weak JR's like 700-2.5k and iv seen some other people wrecking qilin with gandiva like 3-5k, what can i do to improve my set? i also use valiant and courcen (forget how to spell it but its kaggens atmacite)
 Sylph.Decimus
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-12-02 10:09:02  
This stuff is all from page 21 - you should have your snapshot equipped first and then ratk/stp

If you read the last 2 1/2 pages you should find options for non-NNI ws gear
Sylph.Decimus said: »
For tp sets from what I've pulled together

Pre-shot

Shot
 Ramuh.Pyromaster
By Ramuh.Pyromaster 2012-12-02 10:33:02  
thanks, although it is slow id like to have nni gear included, will help me prioritize which pieces are most important :) but thank you very much, can i ask though, why is that head better than emp +2 head? id have thought 13 att would beat 7 str
 Sylph.Decimus
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-12-02 10:35:22  
Scout's wins because the augment that gives you tp when recycle procs. I would lean toward the STR build.

Sylph.Decimus said: »

Coercion, Incursion, Valiant

This set if you agree with Austar

Or this set if you obsess over crit rate

But no matter what, don't use a staff.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [81 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Tiran
サーバ: Asura
user: codyarbr
By Asura.Tiran 2013-02-21 19:45:19  
Recently read the Agi= ranged crit rate thread, and it made me take another look at my JR set. If i understand this correctly, DEX is now(always was) only being used as a WS mod, since it doesn't do anything for our crit rate.

I was also curious if any testing has been done to see if the crit rate+ gear affects ranged attacks the same way it affects melee attacks, namely rancorous mantle/collar and kacura leggings since those would be the most relevant to JR.

Also has any testing been done to test a more str/agi based set?

All of this i think favors Auster's set even more. Right now i use a combo str/dex/crit rate set up, but will prob move to a more str based set.
 Ramuh.Austar
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-02-21 19:49:40  
Asura.Tiran said: »
I was also curious if any testing has been done to see if the crit rate+ gear affects ranged attacks the same way it affects melee attacks
Melee crits are cRatio +1, ranged are cRatio*1.25. Jishnu's crits also don't get dead aim applied to them, so they're not very good. Still use Gorget, Terebellum, and Thaumas nails.
 Asura.Tiran
サーバ: Asura
user: codyarbr
By Asura.Tiran 2013-02-21 20:03:14  
I read that about the cRatio with crits somewhere. I was thinking that since rngs crit rate is based on an agi formula it might not receive the full +5% from rancorous mantle/collar. Of course as i typed this i realized that it prob affected a base crit rate before the dex/agi formulas kick in, but curious nonetheless.
 Phoenix.Skyfire
サーバ: Phoenix
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2013-03-08 02:50:21  
Was just wondering if an oneiros knife would be worth getting instead of aluh jambiya?
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-03-08 06:43:35  
If you rock rng a lot in abys, sure.
 Phoenix.Skyfire
サーバ: Phoenix
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2013-03-08 07:16:20  
I was just wondering why the Aluh Jambiya would be better. Does the 10 str and 15 ATT beat out the extra 7% crit Dmg increase?
 Sylph.Mirvana
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-03-09 01:40:52  
Aluh wins anywhere you can't enhance your crit rate because its STR+10 will up the damage on your non-crit hits. Oneiros wins in places like abyssea and voidwatch where you can use atma/champions to bring your crit rate up. This counts for both Jishnu's and your white damage.
By Alpha301713 2013-03-10 12:23:52  
So has there yet to be a GENERAL consensus on what the best course is for Jishnu's at this point in the game? After everything I've read I think I'm understanding it to be

STR >> DEX >> R.ATT >> Crit. Hit Rate >> Crit. Hit Dmg

Please if I've misunderstood to ANY degree, correct me.

...and I'm referring to using RNG in EG content... i.e. VoidWatch, Legion, Odin II, Omega/Ultima II

This is my current set, because this is what I have available to me at the time.

(Currently Byakko's are only VIT+4 Store TP+2 but I'm working on it.)

This is what I'm working towards based on the understand I HAD of a proper Jishnu's build.

(Moonshade will be R.Atk+4 TP Bonus+25)
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
user: DiSifer02
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2013-03-10 13:04:10  
Alpha301713 said: »
So has there yet to be a GENERAL consensus on what the best course is for Jishnu's at this point in the game? After everything I've read I think I'm understanding it to be

STR >> DEX >> R.ATT >> Crit. Hit Rate >> Crit. Hit Dmg

Please if I've misunderstood to ANY degree, correct me.

...and I'm referring to using RNG in EG content... i.e. VoidWatch, Legion, Odin II, Omega/Ultima II

This is my current set, because this is what I have available to me at the time.

(Currently Byakko's are only VIT+4 Store TP+2 but I'm working on it.)

This is what I'm working towards based on the understand I HAD of a proper Jishnu's build.

(Moonshade will be R.Atk+4 TP Bonus+25)

Athos Gloves on corresponding days.
Myrmex Mittens/Mustela Gloves could replace Sylvan +2 hands.
Thaumas feet could replace +2 feet.
Kudzu Aketon could replace Tessera if you don't have it.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-03-10 13:55:32  
Im not sure if you're saying the set posted are better options than the items that "could replace" them. Thaumas feet will beat out af2+2, 11 dex vs 5str & 1 ranged attack. Myrmex beat af3+3 hands, Im pretty sure even athos hands beat out sylvan.
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
user: DiSifer02
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2013-03-10 14:39:01  
Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »
Im not sure if you're saying the set posted are better options than the items that "could replace" them. Thaumas feet will beat out af2+2, 11 dex vs 5str & 1 ranged attack. Myrmex beat af3+3 hands, Im pretty sure even athos hands beat out sylvan.

No, meant 'could replace' as in if you have opposed to the item-set shown. I use that set but with Mustela Gloves/Thaumas feet, since I don't have Myrmex, with good results.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-03-10 15:29:16  
My bad about that. As for Alpha's post, your formula(?) was pretty spot on. I carry 2 weapon skill sets for JR, 1 being STR/Ranged attack build that I use a vast majority of the time & 1 Crit hit rate/dmg set for Abys/lower level vwnm's. I say gear set, but honestly the differences between the sets is small. Thats because there are a few pieces that when using JR shouldnt be changed. Light belt/gorget, Rajas, Terebellum(Dont use Rancorous), Byakko's should just about always be on for JR.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [68 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-05-17 08:25:08  
Bumping this thread in anticipation for the new Empyrean WS unlocks forthcoming. I've never made a Jishnu's Radiance set before as I have never needed one. Is this about right for optimal? I'm sure I more than likely missed something and welcome any/all opinions.

ItemSet 301314
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-05-17 09:04:41  
ItemSet 301318

WSdmg+ on Body
Crit Damage+ on Legs
Crit Rate+ on Hands
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2013-05-17 09:31:57  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
ItemSet 301318

WSdmg+ on Body
Crit Damage+ on Legs
Crit Rate+ on Hands
Dead aim does not proc on weaponskills so due to the nature of ranged crits, most do not gear for crit specific, also JR has a huge fTP value so belt/gorget work wonders.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-05-17 09:42:24  
Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »
ItemSet 301318

WSdmg+ on Body
Crit Damage+ on Legs
Crit Rate+ on Hands
Dead aim does not proc on weaponskills so due to the nature of ranged crits, most do not gear for crit specific, also JR has a huge fTP value so belt/gorget work wonders.

Large FTP values decrease the importance of gorget/belts. JR is 1.75+2. (Unless the fTP transfers to all hits???)

It also has a shitty Modifier for RA. So its gear for crit rate/damage or gear for STR/att.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-05-17 09:49:13  
(Unless the fTP transfers to all hits???)
The elemental gorgets/belts do for JR, yeah.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-05-17 10:04:57  
Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
(Unless the fTP transfers to all hits???)
The elemental gorgets/belts do for JR, yeah.

Good to know! I have JR but have used it all of 3 times lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23