Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 10661 10662 10663 ... 22718 22719 22720
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-03-11 19:20:21  

I claim this page in the name of Croatia. Even though I hate Croatia.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-11 19:33:12  
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Quiznor 2013-03-11 19:34:45  
I'm sure their women are hot,so its all good
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-11 19:38:32  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
late, but

I love the guide threads, I get to see people use BBcode :3

If I did make one it would look awful because idk how to make it all pretty like Proth's lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2013-03-11 19:39:41  
Video games have really gone down in quality lately havent they? By quality i do not mean the graphics or visuals. i mean the story lines or uniqueness to them. ALOT of the games that have come out lately or are coming out have been remakes, sequals, and the like. What the hell? Don't get me wrong, some of the sequals (Borderlands 2) have been fun and remakes (DMC) arent all that bad, but still. Where are the new titles? Where are the new series? When is the last time a good unique game has come out?

Edit: Between mediocre new games/remakes/sequals and the massive amounts of DLC that try to keep these things going, about done with regular games......

I miss my classic Ace Combat series or Armored Core. Even .hack was much better and they ended it when it needed to be ended, on a high note and not dragged on for ever and a day
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-11 19:41:21  
Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial said: »
Video games have really gone down in quality lately havent they? By quality i do not mean the graphics or visuals. i mean the story lines or uniqueness to them. ALOT of the games that have come out lately or are coming out have been remakes, sequals, and the like. What the hell? Don't get me wrong, some of the sequals (Borderlands 2) have been fun and remakes (DMC) arent all that bad, but still. Where are the new titles? Where are the new series? When is the last time a good unique game has come out?

I know it's not "new" but Catherine is an AMAZING game, so was Heavy Rain. Just sayin'. And Ni No Kuni is wicked fun.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-03-11 19:41:35  
sequels are easy to milk with as long as they aren't horribly botched. takes less creativity to expand on an existing world than to create an entirely new one, especially in a developed series.

Dishonored was a really good new IP that came out recently tho.
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-03-11 19:43:09  
that stupid dark eyes vision ability in dishonored made me feel dirty and i hated the sfx for activating it :(
By Quiznor 2013-03-11 19:45:03  
Odin.Eikechi said: »

I know it's not "new" but Catherine is an AMAZING game, so was Heavy Rain. Just sayin'. And Ni No Kuni is wicked fun.

+1'd for agreeing so hard,in fact I quoted it just so I can +1 this post as well I agree so much

Cant +1 my own post (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-03-11 19:45:22  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
sequels are easy to milk with as long as they aren't horribly botched. takes less creativity to expand on an existing world than to create an entirely new one, especially in a developed series.

Dishonored was a really good new IP that came out recently tho.

lolEA (not dishonoured,just the rest of your statement!)
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-11 19:45:26  

Edit: Between mediocre new games/remakes/sequals and the massive amounts of DLC that try to keep these things going, about done with regular games......

I miss my classic Ace Combat series or Armored Core. Even .hack was much better and they ended it when it needed to be ended, on a high note and not dragged on for ever and a day
There are new games being made with unique ideas, they just rarely shine as much as the titles that come out year after year.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2013-03-11 19:47:03  
yeah it is nice to see those gems every now and then proth and eik, but compaired to the massive amount of remakes/sequals is just saddening. Look at that new Tomb Raider. Come on, another remake on the heals of DMC? The remakes get 10x the publicity as the new games and series should.

Just a thought, but maybe the gaming industry should go back to creating complete whole games without having to do tons of DLC. I swear, for the development of all the DLC for just halo, for example, they could have made at least 1 whole game, if not two.
 Bahamut.Scizor
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2013-03-11 19:48:09  
Bonanza numbers are announced today (12/03)right?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-03-11 19:48:20  
YouTube Video Placeholder

HD Pong

yeah it is nice to see those gems every now and then proth and eik, but compaired to the massive amount of remakes/sequals is just saddening. Look at that new Tomb Raider. Come on, another remake on the heals of DMC? The remakes get 10x the publicity as the new games and series should.

Just a thought, but maybe the gaming industry should go back to creating complete whole games without having to do tons of DLC. I swear, for the development of all the DLC for just halo, for example, they could have made at least 1 whole game, if not two.

Tomb Raider's more of a reboot of the entire series, not a remake or sequel. The game plays more like an action-oriented Uncharted than any other Tomb Raider game.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-11 19:49:02  
I love the new Tomb Raider, it has a few issues, but I think the game is amazing and I'm not even considering how well the graphics are.
By Quiznor 2013-03-11 19:49:21  

There are new games being made with unique ideas, they just rarely shine as much as the titles that come out year after year.

I gotta agree and disagree. Generally games that come out and are new tend to get really big and get their recognition. Then they get bought out and become one of the year after year crap until they get shelved forever.....

Most of it was a joke,but you get the main part

And yes,all these remakes and HD upscales are mostly annoying
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2013-03-11 19:49:34  
Now that i think about it, we are to blame more than the creators. We clamor for sequals to many games so much that they end up milking a series a little too much.

Aw screw it, I'm thinking too much. I'm a redneck damnit! Get my *** back out fishing and mudding and i'll be as happy as a hog in a mud pit!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-11 19:51:23  
Now that i think about it, we are to blame more than the creators. We clamor for sequals to many games so much that they end up milking a series a little too much.

Aw screw it, I'm thinking too much. I'm a redneck damnit! Get my *** back out fishing and mudding and i'll be as happy as a hog in a mud pit!
You shouldn't think so badly of a game just because it's a sequel or a remake/reboot.

You need to judge the game for what it is, now what it use to be, and I think the reboot of the Tomb Raider series is a huge improvement for the series, ignoring how well the graphics are.

Like I said, there are a few issues I have with it, but it wasn't anything that made me wish I didn't buy the game.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-03-11 19:51:32  
Who woke up one day and said "You know, I'm going to make Chicken and Waffle potato chips a thing"? Why.
 Sylph.Spency
サーバ: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2013-03-11 19:54:01  
So, like, is it easier to get laid with a purple bar or something?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2013-03-11 19:54:20  
Now that i think about it, we are to blame more than the creators. We clamor for sequals to many games so much that they end up milking a series a little too much. Aw screw it, I'm thinking too much. I'm a redneck damnit! Get my *** back out fishing and mudding and i'll be as happy as a hog in a mud pit!
You shouldn't think so badly of a game just because it's a sequel or a remake/reboot. You need to judge the game for what it is, now what it use to be, and I think the reboot of the Tomb Raider series is a huge improvement for the series, ignoring how well the graphics are. Like I said, there are a few issues I have with it, but it wasn't anything that made me wish I didn't buy the game.

I give games their due trial, for example i kind of like the new DMC game, beat it in two goes so i liked the length of the game, not as long as a consol game should be in my oppinion but hey, it was fun.

I am mainly lamenting on the un-originality of alot of things. Both hollywood and the game sector are too busy alot of times to come up with new ideas and are just rebooting games and making sequals/dlc instead of developing new ideas.

If a game is good i'll give it a try based on multiple sources of information from players who have tried it. But ever since Force Unleashed II I stopped buying new games straight off the shelves >_>
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-11 19:54:28  
wut >.>
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-03-11 19:54:49  
Sylph.Spency said: »
So, like, is it easier to get laid with a purple bar or something?

"Hey baby......its purple"

Probably less likely to get you laid
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-11 19:55:07  
I'm surprised you still have the bar Spence :x
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2013-03-11 19:56:02  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Who woke up one day and said "You know, I'm going to make Chicken and Waffle potato chips a thing"? Why.
some one was obviously stoned.. or lived in the south or something something bill cosbey boop bob zip boop jello pudding
 Sylph.Spency
サーバ: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2013-03-11 19:56:11  
Why? :/
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-11 19:57:08  
I think it looks good on you!
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2013-03-11 19:57:10  
I swear, since i will be getting back to Pensacola during the summer, i will spend at LEAST 2 days wandering around in a drunken stupor on the beach enjoying the sun and the waves and will report to my new command so sunburnt i'll be sent straight to sick bay.
By Quiznor 2013-03-11 19:59:00  
It doesnt make you look fat spence,really!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-03-11 19:59:47  
Lack of creativity could be playing a role but you also have to keep in mind the enormous amount of resources necessary to release a complete game now. Because of the huge investment that's necessary, fewer companies are going to go out on a limb for new concepts and ideas but instead rely on tried and true genres and titles that are virtually guaranteed to make money.

So instead of taking a gamble on releasing something totally new or radically original, they release yet another CoD or a remake/reboot of an established series. Kinda disheartening to think of it that way but it's the way the industry has evolved and the unwashed consumer masses are partially to blame perhaps.
First Page 2 3 ... 10661 10662 10663 ... 22718 22719 22720