Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22609 22610 22611 ... 22706 22707 22708
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-06-03 11:06:13  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
If people had any self control it wouldn't be an issue, but they don't so it is

And unless you're Amish it's god damn everywhere despite best efforts

The Amish are playing Farmville IRL. Graphics are unreal
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-06-03 11:33:44  
Pantafernando said: »
I can understand loneliness increasing as its rare nowadays finding people who adds more to others life than the costs of current relationships.

In a world everyone becomes so tribal, they hate because their tribe hate, they like what their tribes likes, they act the way their tribes want, there is little room for own individuality. You know someone from a tribe, odds are you already knows everyone of their niches. Then, either you belong to their tribes or is against it. So, you have two alternatives: either you gonna hate that perdon, or youre basically reinforcing your own tribes ideals.

If you think this ***of tribalism just a pile of ***, maybe being alone is a way, or establishing relationship to people alike, that are also rare: nowadays, majority of people requires to belong somewhere. They need to feel safe, thus joining any of the available tribes.

But nothing is without cost. Giving up your own individuality to belong to tribe, spending their time hating or endorsing something, or simply being alone can potentially inflict psyxhologocal dmg to many.

No wonder depression and related symptoms are rising everywhere. Im not sure if its something specific to one or other country, but I feel like our world is more toxic than ever
it's because in the 60's and 70's there was a dramatic change to global issues and focus with more wars and protesting bigger causes, and before that point, societies were more community focused and that change started to greatly diminish local concerns and community-based ideals being as forefront for people.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2024-06-03 11:34:36  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
If people had any self control it wouldn't be an issue, but they don't so it is

And unless you're Amish it's god damn everywhere despite best efforts

The Amish are playing Farmville IRL. Graphics are unreal

Been spending most of my life in an Amish Paradise.
[+]
By Shichishito 2024-06-03 11:41:36  
People who defecate at work and dont flush
And I know you do it too!
Bahamut.Negan said: »
but I feel like our world is more toxic than ever
It's the ppl that drop toxic bombs at work and dont flush!
Home office folks:
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-06-03 12:04:45  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

Lot of time/effort went into this
OMG OMG I CAN U DO THE PALADIN AND DARK KNIGHT
By Afania 2024-06-03 15:44:33  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Doomscrolling is a mental addiction just like gambling, vidya, etc. You get exposed to so many different ideas/stimulii/interactions so quickly that normal activities become boring. It's not easy to match that bar of stimulus using day to day activities, and the thought of being able to instantly and effortlessly 'amuse' yourself is too tempting to your subconscious.

You have to treat it like an addiction to overcome it, and that means not engaging with fake stimulii at all. Go a week without it and you'll find yourself more able to enjoy basic things like sitting outside on a nice day or hiking in the woods. You don't need to be a millionaire or even have a lot of excess money to replace your smartphone with healthy habits. A vehicle(or public transport) and a few bucks to cover gas/ticket is good enough unless you live in a total shithole.

Would like to add that reading is also a really good replacement to the internet. As it generally covers more in-depth knowledge than online videos that only exist to generate views.

Sometime ago I made it a rule to finish 1-2 books per week. Idk how long I can keep it going but I've been keeping it going for a few months already.

Once upon a time people on this site recommended "The Mythical Man-Month", the first thing I did after I read the post was running to library for the book, it was a good read.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-06-03 15:51:02  
9 pregnant women wont give birth in 1 month
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-03 18:17:04  
I thought the jp were being silly but there really are a thousand eye drop spamming alchemy bots lol

So silly

(Or not necessarily eye drops specifically, doesn't really matter)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-03 18:17:38  
9 pregnant women wont give birth in 1 month

[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-06-03 18:51:38  
Well I'm married now and moved, and we've almost got all the utilities setup.

It's a bit surreal, and I'm gonna hafta fight my Dad to take my own dog up there next week, but it's pretty nice all things considered.

King beds are legit, and my wife and I are both tackling the settling in. We've got the living room setup for movies and gaming. We still need to unpack all our kitchen utensils and dishes.

Family is helping a bunch. Her Dad and Mom came up and helped us organize and situate rooms, and then we watched The Phantom Menace on Blu-Ray. It was a nice wholesome little evening.

Negan, this post was for you, bruddah man.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-06-03 19:34:17  
Asura.Vyre said: »
We've got the living room setup for movies and gaming
Yes! Priorities!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-06-04 01:30:54  
Good morning you who properly flush your toilet. NOT good morning to you who dont. Just pull the damn buttom.

Its statiscally proven that people who dont flush their ***, also dont properly clean their *** after.

Let alone washing it
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-06-04 07:10:23  
Good morning you who properly flush your toilet. NOT good morning to you who dont. Just pull the damn buttom.

Its statiscally proven that people who dont flush their ***, also dont properly clean their *** after.

Let alone washing it

[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-06-04 09:57:14  
i have fallen like Iblis i am now playing horizon do not tell Draylo neither kipling i dont want to be sexually harrased
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-06-04 10:01:48  
I see you fallen to the dark side.

Good
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-06-04 10:06:06  
Enjoy leveling without trusts. Not sure what the appeal of that is.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-06-04 10:33:58  
Asura.Thunderjet said: »
i have fallen like Iblis
I googled this, you are HARAM sir!

[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2024-06-04 11:34:57  
For the person on Reddit that asked; yes I exist.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-04 12:02:09  
10 years from now when most movie theaters are gone, you will get groups of people nostalgic for going to the cinema and they will open these nostalgic movie theaters where people can pay $150 to go see Harry Potter or Star Wars and wave their broom/lightsaber while eating $30 popcorn and $20 coke. These people who hated going to the cinema in 2024 and played their part in their destruction, will yearn for it 10 years from now and have the rose tinted glasses in full effect about how good it used to be and how social an experience it was.

Prviate servers are the same kind of deal.

The great thing about party leveling was it was very social, before social media was a thing and before you had online friends and places to talk to others on. It was a massive novelty to interact with people from all around the world and talk for hours in a video game. You could actually make real friends you cared about, because it was incredible you met someone from America or Canada and you were open to talk with them for hours and get to know them. It's not special anymore when you force people into a party system, people don't want to talk about nonsense for hours with some random person in a party anymore or want to make a friend cause they already have friends on Discord or whatever they can go talk to.

You can't take something that was good because of the time and your/others mindset of the time, and transport it to 2024 and it feel the same. If you try recreate the party based leveling in 2024 you just get a load of sweaties telling you how to play, talking about mechanics from wiki, and droning on about what gear they want next and what they want to farm in sky. You won't get deep and meaningful conversations about transformers or how the things hanging from the ceiling in CN look like balls.

Old FFXI was good because of the time, not the mechanics of the thing. Private servers can be a short lived novelty, but it's ultimately stupid and depressing cause it's just not going to be the same as it was and ultimately it was crap to play and wasted 90% of your time.

to steal the meme posted before here ages ago

this is what it was, and it was ***. ill take how it is now over that anyday.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-06-04 12:06:29  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
I googled this, you are HARAM sir!

And Haram is 5/7 Harambe.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-06-04 12:38:19  
Totally agree with Radial, even aside from the culture of the time you can't take back the knowledge everyone has. They are different enough to irritate people who know how it used to be, but not different enough to provide a feeling of exploration or a new challenge. The race to be first on anything is just a matter of how many hours you play, because there's no content that is actually challenging when your most elite players already know the entire game inside and out.

RadialArcana said: »
deep and meaningful conversations about transformers or how the things hanging from the ceiling in CN look like balls
lol
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-04 15:17:53  
https://x.com/thecarteldel/status/1798042827412365782

This is fine, right? Nothing wrong here?
Its a list of game studios that have supposedly closed in 2024 alone. I put supposedly cuz i didnt cross reference to verify anything.
 Fenrir.Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-06-04 15:30:19  
Now's the time for Phil Fish to crawl out from under a rock with Fez 2
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-06-04 15:37:11  
The Acolyte deubuts tonight at 8pm EST, looking forward to it. Expect it to be the best series since Andor.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-06-04 16:07:15  
RadialArcana said: »
The great thing about party leveling was it was very social, before social media was a thing and before you had online friends and places to talk to others on. It was a massive novelty to interact with people from all around the world and talk for hours in a video game. You could actually make real friends you cared about, because it was incredible you met someone from America or Canada and you were open to talk with them for hours and get to know them. It's not special anymore when you force people into a party system, people don't want to talk about nonsense for hours with some random person in a party anymore or want to make a friend cause they already have friends on Discord or whatever they can go talk to.
100%. I was saying the exact same thing to friends the other night
 Fenrir.Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-06-04 16:37:56  
Viciouss said: »
The Acolyte deubuts tonight at 8pm EST, looking forward to it. Expect it to be the best series since Andor.

Disney could recreate an old movie called "2 Jedi, 1 Cup" and it would be the best thing for the franchise in forever
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-06-04 17:13:51  
Im getting tired of hearing that chick from Datacamp every single video I open.

It sounds like a human trying to imitate an AI trying to imitate human.
By Pantafernando 2024-06-04 17:29:36  
Sometimes the Coke feels way better than usual, and I cant stop drinking it
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-04 18:38:57  
the more you buy, the more you save
By Viciouss 2024-06-04 21:17:46  
So, two episode premiere of the Acolyte. Wow, it's terrible. First action scene was straight out of the Matrix, and the result of the fight was so unbelievably dumb. Boring CGI, poor costuming, the alien Jedi looks like a human with her face painted green. The writing is corny, it's an expensive looking show. But it's not good.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22609 22610 22611 ... 22706 22707 22708